[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>>It's 2012 >>Avengers vs. X-Men just ended

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

>>It's 2012
>>Avengers vs. X-Men just ended
>>Marvel's big push was to have the X-Men and the rest of the Marvel Universe merge.
>>Uncanny Avengers would lead the line.
>>Books like A+X

>>Flash forward a couple of years
>>X-Men is damaged beyond repair and ignored

THE FUCK HAPPENED?!
>>
>>93761088
Days of Future Past was a success, Marvel lost all hopes of retaining the movie rights for mutants
>>
>>93761133
obtaining, I should say
>>
>>93761088

Maaaaaaaan

Remember when constant events and relaunches were the ONLY problems with Marvel?
>>
>>93761133
Hmmm, that makes sense. That was the one the X-Men film that made the most money.
>>
They gutted the X-Franchise by killing off Professor X, turning Cyclops into a villain, turning Magneto into your nice uncle, and shitting on the Phoenix (the paradimensional entity of endless destruction and renewal is checked by.... Scarlet Witch??) One of those things it could have survived, but with all four it was toast
>>
>>93761187
Remember when Marvel had good art?
>>
>>93761246
>turning Magneto into your nice uncle
t. fag who never read 80's X-books
>>
>>93761088
Part of this push involved putting Bendis om the X-Books and his O5 nonsense
>>
>>93761266
I sincerely hope you're not referring to the OP pic, because Cassaday's UA was trash.
>>
>>93761266

They still do. Stuck with the worst artists. That's about it these days.
>>
>>93761187
What are you talking about? Half the books were shit back then, too.

It was just more popular to dogpile on DC books you weren't reading than Marvel books you weren't reading.
>>
>>93761246
It's worst than that. It was the Original 5 X-Men.

Not only do the Original 5 X-Men have a directionless plot leading nowhere, they actively prevent so many other X-Men characters from being used. Why the fuck do we need two Icemen? Two Beasts? Two Angels? WHY DID THEY DERAIL SO MUCH FOR THE ORIGINAL 5?!

Oh right, cause everyone hypes up Jean Grey like Gwen Stacy
>>
>>93761270

In the 80s he was in charge of the New Mutants while everybody thought most the regular X-Men were dead (in fact, they were in Australia).

Now he's gone from being powered down (like everything in the X-books) and basically Cyclops's sidekick to just being in background shots like "yo, what up. Charles is dead, I have no reason to exist now lol." It's really not the same thing.
>>
>>93761316
>(in fact, they were in Australia).
A fate worse than death
>>
>>93761088
>THE FUCK HAPPENED?!
... you said what happened.

>Marvel's big push was to have the X-Men and the rest of the Marvel Universe merge
Nothing sinks a franchise faster than being part of one of Marvel's "big pushes." Just look at the inhumans.
>>
>>93761304
>WHY DID THEY DERAIL SO MUCH FOR THE ORIGINAL 5?!
Said everyone reading comics in the mid-80s.
>>
>>93761088
They pushed the Inhumans as a X-Mem replacement, instead of putting them on equal ground. They damaged both franchises. Waid has also flopped as the main Avengers writer.
>>
>>93761277
He needed something to do after his Avengers era ended. GOTG wasn't enough for him or Marvel.
>>
>>93763695
I'd argue that they did try to put them on equal ground in the first place, but ended up completely mishandling it. Remember, even during the initial Inhumans push, X-men still had more books than they did.

The terrigen mist thing wasn't meant to remove mutants from the board. It was supposed to set up IvX. The problem was that they fucked it up by making the two sides morally uneven and couldn't actually justify why Cyclops was 'worse than Hitler'
>>
>>93761088
Here Wanda was still a mutant
>>
>>93761298
Not the same anon but what the fuck are you saying? 2011-2012 was a gold year for Marvel
>>
>>93761277
>Part of this push involved putting Bendis om the X-Books and his O5 nonsense
And? Bendis sucks, but he's the big writer that is handed over the big franchises Marvel wants to promote.
You an pinpoint the moment when editorial changed from "push the inhumans" to "push the inhumans AND fuck the mutants" by the way he fucking abandoned the books out of nowhere turning Iceman gay out of nowhere because he HAD to leave his mark somehow.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.