[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Higher opening than: >Raimi Spidey 1&2 >Both ASMs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4191.png (536KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4191.png
536KB, 1920x1080px
Higher opening than:

>Raimi Spidey 1&2
>Both ASMs
>MoS
>WW
>GotG 1
>TWS
>every X-Men but Deadpool
>Doctor Strange
>Thor 2

Literal proof of the MCU hype machine. Not a surprise - Spidey should always beat the above movies at the box office, but Sony failed 4/5 times to do this. Hopefully Sony will realize that they need Marvel more than Marvel needs them.

Between this and WW, this year has proved that the alleged "superhero bubble" isn't popping anytime soon. All it takes is (surprise!) some decent movies to get people watching.
>>
>>93757210
>decent movies
>wonder woman and spiderman
Just stick to cartoons
>>
>>93757210
whys he wearing his school jacket?
>>
Raimi's Spider-Man opened the door, of course they're gonna open with less than a movie riding the full Superhero wave.
>>
>>93757210
lel how embarassing for spidey
even literal nobodies like GOTG and Suicide Squad are posting bigger opening weekends

WW will probably out gross it too
>>
>>93757544
smart anon using the "/co/ is always wrong" to make this massive success even more successful

but seriously this thing's making a billion it has absolutely no competition
>>
The fact that the public is still willing to give a Spider-Man movie a chance is amazing to me.
>>
remember to make sure Venom and Black and Silver or whatever are Fant4stic level bombs so marvel can get the full rights back
>>
>>93757672
He's pretty much THE superhero behind Batman and Superman. Besides, the prequels were awful, and look how much money TFA made.
>>
>>93757300

In the movie it was presumably just because he was locked in a containment facility and playing around to kill the time until somebody let him out of the room. He did a few things in there to pass the time, like making a hammock out of webbing and having a conversation with his suit's AI
>>
>>93757634
It won't. Its weekend legs suggest its frontloaded. It will slowdown considerably.
>>
>>93757544
>gotg
>literal nobodies
Anon, that hasn't been close to true for 3 years.

Also, this already took in more than WW opening weekend, and that trend won't likely change because word of mouth is fantastic so far.
>>
>>93757325
Sure, but it's worth pointing out still. TDK cracking a billion and the Avengers opening weekend are still the only box office feats that rival what Spidey 1 did for capes.
>>
>>93757210
>the alleged "superhero bubble"
I would imagine that that's about as real a thing as the Wire-Fu bubble in China, bth senpai.

I mean: I'm personally pretty fed up with the CW capeshit; but their superhero shows were pretty much the only reason I'd ever watch *anything* on the CW in the first place and it's not the "capeshit" part that I'm fed up with: it's the "CW formula" of whiny self centered millennial asshats who play hot potato with the idiot ball week in and week out and display all the emotional maturity of poorly socialized preschoolers.

I keep hoping with the success of Deadpool and the last season of Game of Thrones that HBO will kick it up a notch ( imagine, if you will, an R rated Titans or Outsiders ).
>>
>>93757210

>Higher opening than:

>Raimi Spidey 1&2

That's nonsense since it's only true if you ignore inflation, if you adjust for inflation (which is what you typically do when comparing against older movies) then it did worse. Just your typical bullshit Hollywood propaganda lies.
>>
You forgot Logan.

Honestly, Spider-Fags annoy me so much with how much they inflate the worth of that twink.
>>
>>93758464
>typical bullshit Hollywood propaganda lies
The preferred terminology these days is Fake News.
>>
>>93757210
Yes without adjustment to the inflation now post it with the adjustment
>>
>>93758632
Why those movies would never do the same amount if came out today. does your bank account adjust for inflation. Does that mean Star Wars made money and Mark Hamill get paid.
>>
File: ww gotg2 homecoming 1st weekend.jpg (202KB, 477x418px) Image search: [Google]
ww gotg2 homecoming 1st weekend.jpg
202KB, 477x418px
>>93757210
>already dropped almost 50%
Embarrassing.
>>
Am I the only one who didn't love this movie? I think I liked the amazing Spiderman 1 more.
>>
The bad thing about MCU movies is that they feel more like a DLC rather than a complete experience.
Raimi movies felt like a Spidey movie, the new one feel like a prelude to the next Avengers movie and that is pretty fucking pathetic.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.