[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you guys bitched about Octopus Pie? Cause I want to bitch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: OctopusWhy.jpg (45KB, 600x945px) Image search: [Google]
OctopusWhy.jpg
45KB, 600x945px
Have you guys bitched about Octopus Pie? Cause I want to bitch about Octopus Pie. Fucking Jane and Marigold taking over the comic, Eve's personality degenerating for no good reason, the forgotten plot threads that petered out into nothing, the character art getting lazier, the cliched ending.

Really disappointing train wreck of an end. I ended up really getting into the comic, but then Marek and Hannah broke up- a plot point I have no objections to and saw potential in, but it was like the herald for the shitstorm of slop the rest of the comic became.
>>
>>93757143
Didn't Hanna and Marek get back together though?
>>
>>93757335
Nah, Marek brought a girl to the party, heavily implied to be a new GF. I guess it's possible that Marek could dump her and hop to Hannah, but that doesn't seem very Marek like. I think their final conversation was more of a 'we can be friends, right?' talk.
>>
meredith gran can't draw hands or feet and has the gall to teach a university level illustration course
>>
>>93758073
It's kind of funny to compare her early work on the strip to the later work and how much shittier it got.
>>
>>93757143
Oh it ended?
I stopped reading like 2 years ago.
Sad thing is, I don't have the drive to even see how it ends..
>>
>>93758262
Ollie burns done the grocery store for the insurance money, which forces Eve to move on with her life. And she hooks up the drug dealer guy again.
>>
>>93757143
I don't think about it at all
>>
>>93758788
Also Marigold becomes a lesbian with Jane, and they become the main characters.
>>
>>93757143
I completely forgot this existed.

I remember seeing a page of Eve throwing a tantrum with a huge lizard on the background
>>
>>93759604
Lizard brain. That's what it was referencing.
>>
>>93758788

>Eve hooks up with Will
Pretty certain confessing your love for someone and purposefully getting to know them on a deeper level goes beyond the stage of hook-up.

Also, I think it was implied Will switched to baking with Hannah so as to not remain a drug dealer.
>>
>>93759182

While literally half of Volume 5 follows Jane and Marigold's relationship, the series ends similarly to how it began - with Eve, Hannah, and Will. Having just read the whole series, I don't think this story was ever intended for us to follow JUST Eve and Hannah. I felt every character was given their time to shine throughout the series as a whole. Volume 5 is very Jane and Marigold heavy, sure, but that's only because their relationship needed time to develop. Jane had only just been introduced by the end of Volume 3. Volume 4 was more about Hannah and Marek's breakup. To me, it only made sense to come back to Jane and Mar, followed by Eve and Will.
>>
>>93757143
I'm disappointed too, OP. I was a big fan of the early comics, I even bought some of the book collections. Nowadays it's hard to read through and I haven't gotten to the ending yet.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.