[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is it with Alan Moore and rape??? Fish rape, rape rape,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: moores.jpg (20KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
moores.jpg
20KB, 460x276px
What is it with Alan Moore and rape??? Fish rape, rape rape, child rape, male rape, everyone gets fucking raped god damn.

>At England she worked at an inn as a janitor, adopting the name Jenny Diver. Several weeks passed and she was surprisingly greeted by Ishmael who sadly informed Jenny that her father had died. Ishmael gives Jenny a flare gun to summon the new Nautilus, should she wish her inheritance, but she vehemently denies that she will ever follow in her fathers footsteps.

>That night Janni is raped by men at the Bar's Inn. Completely changed she summons the Nautilus. The following morning she lets her hair loose and puts a rose in her right ear. She orders her men to slaughter all on the dock, but letting her rapists die slowly at the hands of the crew.
>>
There is nothing wrong with implementing rape in fiction. Quit crying.
>>
>>93757059
hes a satanist
>>
>>93757059
Who is this thicc semen demon?
>>
>>93757404
Alan Moore
>>
>>93757059
It is a cheap tactic to get sympathy from the reader and to make a female character look stronger when she overcomes it. Same as Stephen King always killing or putting children in danger. It is cheap, but works. Let me rephrase that, works with people who still have emotions due to not being turned into cynical, emotionless assholes thanks to 4chan.
>>
>>93757446
No, that's daddy.
>>
>>93757059
I have this theory about rape in comics, not in Alan Moore's specifically, but in general.

See, as the comics code got more relaxed going into the 80s, you could portray rape, and with that, it became "the new murder".

How do I mean? Well, before, in the typical "good guy punches bad guy" plot of a superhero comic, when you introduced a brand new villain you'd have him murder some secondary characters to show what a violent, monstrous badass he was. It sets up threats, and it's more serious and "mature" than the death traps of the golden age.

Then with the allowance to portray rape, you have the same story structure, with a new type of violence because they could, and didn't really see why they shouldn't.

But rape is different in that the story doesn't really stop there for the victim, and most comic book writers aren't really interested in exploring that sort of recovery journey. They want their badass established, and the women are secondary, like Babs in Killing Joke.

Even to this day, I can't tell you how many established strong likable female characters have had rape retconned into their backstory just for the sake of making them more "mature" and "tortured".
>>
>>93757059
rape hadnt become overblown yet, so it was still a pretty good cheap effective tool.
now society has gone so fucking insane over rape we consider it worse than murder and assault, despite working hard to make sure to remove any of its actual consquences, and assure everyone they shouldnt feel ruined in every way
>>
>>93757059
A lot of old male writers really like rape.
See George RR Martin.
It's probably because they see women as objects.
>>
File: dalegribble.png (137KB, 368x279px) Image search: [Google]
dalegribble.png
137KB, 368x279px
>>93758046
>>93758046
>It's probably because they see women as objects.

I think Alan thinks of men in the same way tbqhdesu
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.