[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we free the American comics industry from the chokehold

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: tintin.jpg (166KB, 675x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tintin.jpg
166KB, 675x1000px
How do we free the American comics industry from the chokehold Marvel and DC have on it?

How do we make Eurocomics more well-known and popular instead?
>>
>>93753246
Gee, I dunno, maybe by buying European comics instead of DC and Marvel comics?
>>
>>93753246
Too far gone.
>>
>tintin

it was a shit white colonialist power fantasy
>>
File: 2565853-beautifuldeath.jpg (205KB, 906x1280px) Image search: [Google]
2565853-beautifuldeath.jpg
205KB, 906x1280px
Euro comic thread?
>>
>>93753429
>it was a shit white colonialist power fantasy
That's why it was so great.
>>
>>93753429
It wasnt fantasy get over it nigger
>>
>>93753246
You need to erase decades of "comics are for kids" mentality and ensure an interests in comics as a medium is fostered.

>How do we make Eurocomics more well-known and popular instead?

This question requires the first answer to be a thing. After that, it's a matter of contacting the Eurocomic publishers (humanoids associated, soleil, etc, etc) and securing translation deals. If the comics are good, people will be interested.
>>
>>93753246
>How do we free the American comics industry from the chokehold Marvel and DC have on it?

Destroying Diamond's monopoly would probably be a decent first step, with the second being destroying US copyright and then you'd probably have to change the way US companies work as well.

Basically you're fucked and webcomics are almost the only plattform on which US comics can be normal in their range of expression and themes.
>>
>>93754560
> If the comics are good, people will be interested.

The issue here being that reviewers are bought shills and comic shops Diamond franchise stores. And the market doesn't do reprints either.

So good luck finding reviewers talking about them and shops actually having them for sale.
>>
>>93754598
>Destroying Diamond's monopoly

Aren't monopolies illegal in burgerland?
>>
>>93756541
In theory.
>>
>>93754560
Ironic since most Euro comics /co/ shills like Tintin, duck comics and Asterix, are for kids too.
>>
>>93758229
/co/ only shills entry level Mobius shit.
Also
>Asterix
>for kids
>>
>>93753246
You are literally advocating for outsourced entertainment.
>>
>>93758780
>What is manga

I just want more non-garbage western comics.
>>
>>93759471
there are tons if you know where to look. admittedly they aren't nearly as popular as the big 2 but I've spent a good decade of my life reading american(and some euro) comics that aren't DC or marvel,
>>
>>93753429
it really wasn't, only the first 2 albums (and maybe the third, even if Hergé displayed the natives rather stereotypical, he did bring attention to how much they were being fucked over) were like that and it was more due to ignorance than outright intention
later on, when he actually started researching, his stories were not colonial at all.
>>
Coulda swore there was a co recommended infograph of EU comics.

Or maybe they were just french.
>>
I only watched the cartoon. It was great.

How are the comics?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.