[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If vigilantism is illegal why don't the government just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: superhero-costumes-for-men.jpg (23KB, 1196x690px) Image search: [Google]
superhero-costumes-for-men.jpg
23KB, 1196x690px
If vigilantism is illegal why don't the government just scan people's buying habits and put anyone who buys leotards/wetsuits/halloween costumes and masks on a superhero watchlist?
>>
>>93721115
Do you think Batman bought his suit at a halloween store? Do you think Green Lantern bought his suit?
>>
>>93721115
You can not compare the marvel / DC world with the real one. Those of the Marvel and DC are worlds where there are men who can fly or raise tanks effortlessly. Some of them are so powerful that politically they should be considered as if they were a sovereign state to themselves. When you have such beings, all logic of our world no longer makes sense.

Stark is so ingenious and full of resources that he could win a wars alone with his own private technology. Batman is literally a human who can kick gods ass. Of course, the army would immediately try to create its super human Task Force, but when the most powerful human beings are ordinary citizens, and Thanos and Mongul are a real deal, in one way or another governments, always not happily, are forced to accept private task forces like Avengers or JLA. In a nutshell, private super heroes can do what they do, because they are not just cretins with a Hockey Apparel, but true superior beings.
>>
File: ZgwIASL.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
ZgwIASL.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>93721115
Most heroes probably made it themselves.

Name me one super hero that get their costume from the store?
>>
>>93721625
Miles Morales
>>
File: 1449074678252.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1449074678252.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>93721625
There are tailors who make suits for them.
>>
>>93721647

Then he got it from the government.
>>
>>93721647
Miles got a Spidey cosplay,that's hardly suspicious,his actual black suit was given to him by Jessica drew
>>
>>93721625
Jay Garrick maybe?
>>
by the way, Super hero costume are still made with spandex in modern comics?
>>
File: Paul_Gambi_Prime_Earth_0001.jpg (65KB, 687x274px) Image search: [Google]
Paul_Gambi_Prime_Earth_0001.jpg
65KB, 687x274px
Most heroes make their own. Same with villains...

Well actually, some have a tailor.
>>
>>93721146
Just because it won't get everyone doesn't mean it won't get a few.

That said, most heroes have established stories about the origin of their gear. So this strategy would only catch rookie heroes.
>>
File: 1f914.png (7KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1f914.png
7KB, 512x512px
>>93722012
Is it illegal to sell clothing to a criminal?
What about armor?
>>
>>93721625
Gwenpool
>>
>>93721625
As long as there is nothing illegal about the clothing or armor, no.

There are often illegal things about the clothing and armor.
>>
what if the vigilantes doesn't buy leotards/wetsuits/halloween costumes
are you going to waste time and money to watch every company that uses the material? what about the ones that cuts up a normal shirt to make their mask
>>
>>93721625
A lot of heroes just dress in street clothes, with maybe a domino mask.

Black Canary, Luke Cage, Arsenal, etc.
>>
>>93722036
Who would it get, from any comic book?
>>
>>93721115
Restricting the availability of unstable molecules would probably be more effective and less likely to cause a shit storm about government over reach
>>
>>93722045
Clothes no? Armor depends
>>
>Arrested for thought crime
>>
>>93721115
So, you live in a world that has actual supervillains and want to dedicate resources to placing obstacles in the path of the only people that can stop them? Only because your ego can't take the fact that you're irrelevant and there's nothing you yourself can do about it?
>>
File: Watchmen%2C_issue_1.jpg (23KB, 253x394px) Image search: [Google]
Watchmen%2C_issue_1.jpg
23KB, 253x394px
>>93721115
>put anyone who buys leotards/wetsuits/halloween costumes and masks on a superhero watchlist
they do. What do you think Watchmen is all about?
>>
>>93721718
Not really.
>>
>>93724437
Maybe I am a super villain? :P
>>
>>93722036
I'm sure the government knows who most superheroes are.

Waller knew who Batman was in the JL cartoon, so I'm sure most of the street level guys (and a lot of the higher ups who were empowered in ways related to their old jobs) were on government watch lists.

It's just the government realized that instead of spending billions of dollars fighting super criminals, they can sit back (keep a close eye) and let their non-taxpayer funded armies of "justice" clean up the streets.

Cadmus was just supposed to be if it got out of hand, and even then it was always kinda a rogue element. Most politicians love the supers.
>>
Does anyone have the comic about the Tailor that I think the Joker and a few other villains forced to make their costumes? I remember it being very stylistic and grim.
>>
>>93724717
Well played.
>>
>>93721625
>Name me one super hero that get their costume from the store?
Kick-Ass?
>>
They tried.
But a majority of time they'd stake out a guy for days.
See they would frequently leave late at night.
Finally tailing them to a secluded location.
Then discover that it was just several men in zentai suits grinding on eachother.
After the 15th time that happened without catching a single vigilante they decided it was a stupid plan.
>>
>>93722045
>Is it illegal to sell clothing to a criminal?
Not unless you're paid in stolen goods.

>What about armor?
Almost nowhere in America. Europe is a different story. Power armor probably falls under the FAA or vehicle code. Armor with guns may require a tax stamp.

>>93722088
>>93725654
It makes as much sense as staking out places that sell hydroponic shit to try to catch pot growers. Which America has done before. Functionally though you would have the FBI taking the opportunity to stare at a large amount of hot dancer ass.
>>
>>93721581
Really disgustingly sad that Batman is referred to as someone who can kick a god's ass.

Fuck, i miss street level batman.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.