[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recently I watched star trek the animated series out of curiosity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Captain-Kirk.jpg (146KB, 700x530px) Image search: [Google]
Captain-Kirk.jpg
146KB, 700x530px
Recently I watched star trek the animated series out of curiosity and it was pretty relaxing and easy to watch.

Are there any other shows like that? Episodic mysteries or problems in a comfy atmosphere. Doesn't have to be an old show, but I don't know much about old cartoons.
>>
>>93716276
the original Johnny Quest is surprisingly dope
Scooby Doo
Kids Next Door
Chip & Dale's Rescue Rangers
Darkwing Duck
Duck Tales
Rugrats
etc.
>>
>>93716394
I was about to recommend some of them, as most good 90's cartoons are basically just what you're describing: relaxing episodic mysteries. I'd recommend also TailSpin, and actually the 90's Spiderman animated series, which is probably the comfiest superhero show to air.
>>
>>93716276

I found TAS to be extremely painful especially compared to TAS and TNG. The stiff and awkward animation really kills it for me, and I'm someone who likes the art style of As Told by Ginger.

Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? and Scooby-Doo! Mysetery Incorporated are both much higher quality versions of what you want.
>>
>>93716276
rupert
ernest and celestine TAS
tintin
asterisk
polo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82w6l9ZbhTo
>>
File: MRess.jpg (29KB, 550x480px) Image search: [Google]
MRess.jpg
29KB, 550x480px
>>93718169
forgot to add harvey beaks
definitely check that out
>>
>>93718169
>asterisk

*Asterix
>>
>>93718109
>I found TAS to be extremely painful especially compared to TAS

???
>>
>>93720781
he probably meant TOS the original series
>>
>>93718109
Yes, the animation was terrible and that was due to having next to nothing for a series budget, but the main strength of ST:TAS was its writing and acting.

Having writers with real science fiction background helped make up for the recycled animation and rotoscoping Filmation had to use to stay within their meager budget. They told stories that held up even today. How many Western kids back then (1973) learned about religious extremism from watching "Jihad"? How many 70's cartoons got to tell a Larry Niven story ("The Slaver Weapon")? And a story that told us about Spock's childhood so well that it forced the entire series to be considered canon ("Yesteryear")?

The same can be said for using most of the original actors to do their characters. In addition to having actors who the audience already knew, Filmation gets props for keeping their animated personas immediately recognizable. They even managed to do so for returning characters such as Harry Mudd and Cyrano Jones. If you can't afford to have fluid animation, at least manage to stay on model most of the time. Lots of modern shows can't do that these days.
>>
>>93716276
Scooby-Doo... and pretty much all the cartoons you can still find from that era?
>>
>>93721322
yesteryear is one of my favourite eps

>using most of the original actors to do their characters
they originally only had defrost kelly, nimoy and shatner

>"Initially, Filmation was only going to use the voices of William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelley, Doohan, and Barrett. Doohan and Barrett would also perform the voices of Sulu and Uhura. Nimoy refused to lend his voice to the series unless Nichelle Nichols and George Takei were added to the cast — claiming that Sulu and Uhura were of importance as they were proof of the ethnic diversity of the 23rd century and should not be recast. Nimoy also took this stand as a matter of principle, as he knew of the financial troubles many of his Star Trek co-stars were facing after cancellation of the series"
>"Koenig was not forgotten, and later wrote an episode for the series, becoming the first Star Trek actor to write a Star Trek story. Koenig wrote "The Infinite Vulcan", which had plot elements from the original Star Trek episode "Space Seed" blended into it"
>>
>>93716276
You might like some of the other 70's/80's Filmation action shows too like Batman and Tarzan. There were some other good ones they were bundled with under Tarzan And The Super 7.
The original arc of The New Adventures of Flash Gordon is one of my favorites.( Second season is shit. Never cared much for The Lone Ranger and Zorro either but YMMV.)
>>
>>93721554

Koenig had to have been on some really good shit when he wrote The Infinite Vulcan.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.