[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the last two seasons really that bad? I've been re-watching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

File: dex.png (92KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
dex.png
92KB, 300x300px
Are the last two seasons really that bad? I've been re-watching this classic and I'm about to hit the revival seasons.

Also, sucks that Ego Trip isn't on Hulu.
>>
>>93715272
Fuck yes they are. I knew that even as a kid.
>>
It seems to be a common theme in those classic shows. the last few seasons of Powerpuff Girls were garbage too.
>>
I remember seeing one episode of the later seasons that completely destroyed/rewrote Mandark's backstory.

Yes. It sucks.
>>
If you want to see the show at its absolute worst watch the episode where dexter has to team up with deedee's imaginary friend to save the world from an anime supervillain that looks like someone's edgy Deviantart OC.
>>
>>93715496
>the last few seasons of Powerpuff Girls were garbage too
They were mediocre imo. Nothing compared to the pre-movie run, but worlds better than Reboot-puffs.
>>
File: bad animation.gif (1MB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
bad animation.gif
1MB, 500x372px
>>93715272
yes they are
>>
>>93715591
I'm not getting edge from this appearance.
>>
>>93715812
Better or worse than Powerpuffs 2016?
>>
>>93715812
I'm not seeing the problem there.
>>
>>93718892
they're literally just keyframes
>>
>>93718910
And yet they're used effectively.
It's almost like the new generation never read the Animator's Survival Kit, eh?
>>
>>93715591
But that episode was great. Especially if you hate anime.
>>
I recall the premises becoming stranger and stranger, like borderline fever-dream.

Now, unless my 4-7 year old mind isn't remembering properly these include; he changes his hairstyle to allow him to read minds but just does the reverse where everyone reads his, uses science to fix his need for glasses while his family turn into hideous gross out gag reels, Deedee dyes his hair blonde in his sleep turning him into a popular care-free kid, and a 2-5 minute short that's just Dad shuffling about and preparing to start a game of golf.
>>
...I actually thought they were okay.
>>
>>93715591
That episode always made me uncomfortable for some reason and I don't know why.
>>
>>93719371
That short was hilarious
>>
>>93715610
That's not a valid metric. Watching paint dry is preferable to watching NuPPG.
>>
>>93720922
At least paint has a character arc that goes somewhere and doesnt betray the original concept even if the pace is slow as a snail.
>>
>>93718932
Lol, no.

That's some Newgrounds 2004 quality.
>>
>Remake the Quackor episode scene for scene, because why the fuck not
>Oh, except now it has a weird as fuck ending where Monkey caresses Quakor's egg and then they make out

I will never understand. Of all the pointless shit that has ever came out of CN, that right there never fails to leave me utterly dumbfounded. Fucking post-Ego Trip Dexter, not even once.
>>
>>93723745
Blame Chris Savino.
>>
>>93715591
It's kinda funny. I remember that Mr.Enter was mad about it's mean spiritedness because the anime guy was torturing the imaginary friend.
>>
>>93725813
How was Kick buttoski so decent when his dexter, pgg seasons and the loud house are so trash?
>>
>>93727817
>the loud house
>trash
>>
>>93727817
>Kick buttoski
>decent
95% of the episodes were trash.
>>
Not to be lewd but Ego Trip was my sexual awakening

Pic related
>>
File: whoad.jpg (35KB, 558x640px) Image search: [Google]
whoad.jpg
35KB, 558x640px
>>93715272
Those shitty re-tooled episodes of Dexter's Laboratory were nothing shot of tragic. The art went to crap, the stories were terrible, and the characters seemed like they were written by someone who had heard a description of the show but had never actually watched it.

I feel the same way about most of post season 1 Johnny Bravo episodes. The addition of another typically KOOKY CAST OF CHARACTERS seemed to kill off some of the fun for me. I liked the idea of Johnny Bravo as a loner, having independent adventures with the occasionally-returning side character, but they add a nerd, a diner owner, a little girl, and suddenly it's the Johnny And Pals Adventures show.
>>
Were the last seasons as bad as season 4 and beyond of SpongeBob?
>>
>>93730388
No. They were worse
>>
>>93730187
>I feel the same way about most of post season 1 Johnny Bravo episodes
Post S1 Johnny was better than S1.
>>
>>93730655
Sez u
>>
>>93730187
>a little girl

Suzie was in Season 1.
>>
>>93726905
>about it's mean spiritedness

*about its mean spiritedness
>>
>>93730187
>post season 1 Johnny Bravo episodes
Literaly the best part of the show. By far.
>>
>>93727817
Savino wasn't a writer on Kick Buttowski
also he was only a director on it instead of showrunner, heck he wasn't even the only director (there was Sherm Cohen on season 1, Clay Morrow on season 2)
>>
>>93720361
You monster.
>>
>>93715514
the one with the hippy parents?
to be fair i dont remember what his backstory was before
>>
>>93730187
I liked the side characters, but I just wish they hadn't taken away so much from the "Johnny tries to score" episodes. For a while there it felt like it was Carl's show, not Johnny.
>>
>>93730839

At least post-S1 focused more on actual humor instead of whimsy.
>>
>>93732054
Right, but she became a mainstay after season 1. During the first season, she was used sparsely.
>>
File: bye heretic.jpg (56KB, 472x720px) Image search: [Google]
bye heretic.jpg
56KB, 472x720px
>>93730187
>I feel the same way about most of post season 1 Johnny Bravo episodes.

S1 and S4 were complete trash

S2 and S3 were actually funny
>>
File: amygun.jpg (8KB, 316x239px) Image search: [Google]
amygun.jpg
8KB, 316x239px
>>93737173
>any part of Johnny Bravo
>trash
>>
>>93715610
It was way better pre-movie. but the film itself holds up really well and is full of that fun camp that Mcracken loves.

https://youtu.be/3l4XOKSpSFk
>>
>>93739070
Dutch subtitles get me wet.
>>
>>93727817
i like how the best you can come up with when talking about Kick buttowski is "so decent".
>>
>>93739070
Movie is seriously underrated.
>>
>>93715610
>>93715496
Some episodes were bad, some were great. Those last seasons are worth watching.
>>
>>93741255
For it's terrible SO EXTREME summary it could be way worse
>>
>>93725813
>>93727817
CAUSE he is an asspie weirdo

Member that the PPG movie was all his and guess why the movie flopped.
>>
>>93715496
>the last few seasons of Powerpuff Girls were garbage too
Fucking fite me IRL.
https://vimeo.com/99601528
>>
>>93736147
I think Suzie could have been used better, to keep Johnny Grounded
>>
>>93739070
The slow-mo pickle eating from the mayor was always a highlight.
>>
>>93743075
KINO
>>
>>93715272
Writing wise, not really. They're just extremely mediocre like all of Chris Savino's work. design wise yes, it's awful
>>
>>93715272

you mean the ones where the art style went to shit and it became an ugly brown mess? yeah those were shit
>>
About the only kind thing I can say about the last Dexters was they had Streaky Clean, eight minutes of Dex just running around naked.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.