[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did the Spawn comics & cartoon age well? I ended up watching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: Spawn.jpg (172KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Spawn.jpg
172KB, 1280x720px
Did the Spawn comics & cartoon age well? I ended up watching the movie recently and, while that was a pile of hot garbage, it made me think about getting back into the comics. Is it worth while, or are the comics just the type of thing that seem cool when you're a 12 year old edge lord?
>>
Fucking netflix making Spawn come back into the consciousness
>>
Haven't read much in a while either. I thought issues 1-100 were pretty good, also a decent stopping point since he manages to kill his boss
>>
>>93714646
I'd actually trust them to do it right. And since Spawn is already a black character they don't need to change anyone's race to fit their token quota. Everybody wins! Except Todd, who hates other people playing with his toys even if his shit would fade entirely into obscurity without a producer
>>
>>93714721
Is netflix planning on doing something with Spawn? They just recently put up that old movie, but I haven't heard anything about them doing something new.
>>
>>93714369
The live action movie is shit but like >>93714672 said its alright. Issue ten is a weird meta thing with Cerberus I thank
>>
The cartoon is good IMO, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who didn't actually live through the 90s. People on this board are so intolerant of things that are of an aesthetic or style that is before their time, 90s kids are just as bad with anything from the 80s. Some people are just retards about that kind of thing, some weird need for everything to feel modern or consistent with what they grew up with that I just don't comprehend.
>>
>>93714369
>He didn't check the catalog
>>93712234
>>
>>93714721
Todd is cute
>>
File: laughing anime girl.jpg (45KB, 486x409px) Image search: [Google]
laughing anime girl.jpg
45KB, 486x409px
>>93714721
>And since Spawn is already a black character they don't need to change anyone's race to fit their token quota
>tfw they use second Spawn who is a blonde white male instead
>>
File: 1499222817821.jpg (16KB, 288x311px) Image search: [Google]
1499222817821.jpg
16KB, 288x311px
>love hbo show
>read up on story after the cliffhanger
>It's awful

Glad I never read the comics.
>>
i love spawn but he has suffered from both shitty writers and shitty artists for years.
>>
File: Angela.jpg (1MB, 1650x1268px) Image search: [Google]
Angela.jpg
1MB, 1650x1268px
>>93714672
Also Curse of the Spawn is great and Medieval Spawn is alright to good.

That Dwayne Turner art
>>
>>93716759
>and shitty artists for years.
Yeah once Capullo left for Batman it was all downhill
>>
I still enjoy the comic to this day. It's dumb over the top fun with great art.
>>
>>93716670
well i mean if spawn tries to heal he also becomes a blond white male

im wondering what the sjw reaction would be to finding out this important tid bit about why al would rather walk around looking like crusty vomit
>>
>>93714369
What? The movie was actually enjoyable. The cartoon was decent, and the early comics were good too. The later ones are pretty shitty though.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.