[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Marvel will never have another 1960s >just shitting out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

>Marvel will never have another 1960s
>just shitting out new idea after new idea, hero after hero
>became a voice of progressive counter-culture

Instead, we're going to recycle the same characters for 50 years.

The only thing close to a long-term new character they have is Ms. Marvel. That's like one this whole decade. And she's still technically a legacy character.
>>
Well three out of five ain't bad.
>>
>>93714143
Was reading Ms. Marvel on break today, she is a fun character. Not really interested in the other jobbers though.
>>
>>93714143
It's because Stan Lee (ha), Jack Kirby, and Steve Ditko had very few people to answer to.

Becomes a lot easier to shit out new characters when you don't have suits to answer to and focus groups to please. They were just told to make the books sell.

I guess indie comics could pick up where 60s Marvel left off, but they usually only have a small sum of titles going at a time per publisher.

They called them the Gold/Silver Age for a reason. They're never coming back.
>>
>>93714194
I love Ms. Marvel.

Can't say that for many modern Marvel characters. Only good one I've read is Vision.
>>
>captain america
>new idea

>spider-man
>new idea

http://www.dialbforblog.com/archives/692/
>>
Well, your problem is you're expecting this from an already established universe.

Try getting into WildStorm or current Valiant from the beginning.

>>93714540
Everything that makes Spider-Man memorable are things that have nothing to do with the Fly. The Fly is just another mystery man.
>>
>>93714143
Personally I'd rather see another 80s/early 90s.

Characters being taken in interesting directions with some really great stories, for the sake of telling stories with those characters. Not just forcing characters on people because they appeared in or are about to appear in a movie.
>>
>>93714255
Yeh that's why the 70s was a golden age for Hollywood, directors had near-total creative freedom.
>>
>>93717978
And then there's the early 2000s, where everyone was obessed with preparing their characters for POSSIBLY getting a movie or show. Ultimate Marvel was supposed to be the original outline for a movie universe. It's why Fury was designed after Sam Jackson.
>>
>>93719599
I want Ultimate Marvel to come back, but good. Classic characters updated for modern audiences, with a focus on countiuity and having time actually pass so characters can change.

Without going full edge like Ultimate.
>>
>>93719611
Bring back the Fantastic Four. Reed is messing about with the multiverse, he could reform the Ultimate Universe (or just make something new) into the Fantastic Universe.

Fantastic Spider-Man, Fantastic Thor, Fantastic Iron Man, etc.

Have a focus on fun and pushing characters forward, while not going completely out of character by making everything le edgy like in Ultimate U.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.