[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Superheroes are the only people who can achieve justice. Because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 12

Superheroes are the only people who can achieve justice. Because both are entirely fictional concepts.
>>
When we think about justice, we must think about the weight of wrongs done and the rights done to correct them. With close enough examination, the ideas of right and wrong do not quantify readily, and it is difficult to say whether punishing a transgressor really increases the quotient of happiness in the world.
>>
File: Moore Shitposting.jpg (30KB, 274x295px) Image search: [Google]
Moore Shitposting.jpg
30KB, 274x295px
>>93712248
>Superheroes are the only people who can achieve justice. Because both are entirely fictional concepts.
>>
File: it's shocker.png (1MB, 680x446px) Image search: [Google]
it's shocker.png
1MB, 680x446px
>>93712248
Sure, sure. Say, why don't we step outside on that conveniently empty rock quarry? I want to show you something.
>>
>>93712364
>I can do bad things but no one else can
>>
File: tumblr_mxjrnshkC31rdm691o1_400.gif (804KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mxjrnshkC31rdm691o1_400.gif
804KB, 300x300px
>>93712248
>>
File: t5QjRZO.gif (1MB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
t5QjRZO.gif
1MB, 180x180px
>>93712364
>Allow me to commit crimes and not be judged.
>>
>>93712441
>>93712505

That Anon didn't say that though. He just questioned whether the catharsis of punishing a transgressor adds enough happiness to the world to balance out the sin damage of passing judgement
>>
File: cow revenge.jpg (57KB, 750x683px) Image search: [Google]
cow revenge.jpg
57KB, 750x683px
>>93712421

Oh boy, does the quarry contain a definition of justice that is applicable in the real world and wouldn't just be exposed as mere revenge upon close scrutiny?
>>
>>93712607
It's not about "increasing happiness" or some other faggy shit like this. It's about making sure that other fuckwits don't follow suit and fuck everything up for everyone else.
You let one motherfucker get off scot-free and suddenly there's a dozen motherfuckers doing the same shit, and then there goes our social order.
>>
>>93712801

Right, but that anon didn't say "don't punish people" or anything about letting people off scott free, he just questioned the assumption that practice of punishment as a means of maintaining that order and social authority is the same thing as doing the "right thing"

He was talking about the moral qualities of the justice system, y'all went off on a tangent and assume he was dismissing the functional benefits of an orderly society, but he never said anything like that
>>
I like the pictures of bright colored people punching each other.
>>
>>93712248
Reminder that Riders are shit, evil and stand for everything but justice

Shocker did nothing wrong
>>
>>93712703
I've been bitten by a calf like that. They're just teething. It hurts, but won't draw blood. Most of the time you just have to thump up a bit and they let go.
>>
>>93713063
I was gonna type a second paragraph about that but figured this thread was going to get deleted
>>
File: JimBentonComic-JusticeBot.jpg (400KB, 859x700px) Image search: [Google]
JimBentonComic-JusticeBot.jpg
400KB, 859x700px
>>93716404

What did the riders do to become assholes? I'd heard they were pretty on the level
>>
>>93713063
Then he should have said that.
>>
>>93712409
As bleak as Moore can come off, even he seems to believe in a concept of fair consequence.

The Comedian gets away with atrocity after atrocity, but when we see things further down the road where he's pining for certain needs he's not only denied them but eventually finds his own philosophy of life laughing back in his face. He has no friends, no family, his unwitting-daughter is disgusted with him as a person and the very idea of being his child later. He finds himself having to cry in the company of a stranger, a villain, a victim like himself for some sense of human comfort because he cannot truly confide in any other human now, to top it all off he's then beaten to a pulp and tossed out like trash onto the pavement. His death loud and violent but at the same time unheard and unseen.

The same applies to the Invisible man who is similar to the Comedian in his flippant disregard for rules and regulation due to feeling he sees through the facade, and yet in his final moments he finds himself clawing for some sense of rationale and humanity and is denied it, repeatedly.

Justice comes in a lot of his works, it just comes wearing the face of something horrid, foaming and remorseless rather than a shining example of anything good. Justice is usually the scales being tipped back by whatever means, but nothing's really regained or gained from it. I think that's why a lot of people leave his stories feeling dissatisfied or sour, they view equal measure differently, ideally and think he's mocking them when he shows it more like the unsympathetic MAD it tends to be. I believe karma is real, the myriad interconnected gears of the enclosed system of our society and world facilitate it, so like Moore I do not think this nature of equal reaction necessarily implies or entails anything benevolent is on our side. It's just an intrinsic Newton's cradle going about its function. If we happen to feel a way about the result, well sure, but the observer isn't the point.
>>
File: SupermanJLBColorWeb.jpg (142KB, 620x797px) Image search: [Google]
SupermanJLBColorWeb.jpg
142KB, 620x797px
>>93712248
Justice isn't fictional, it's just subjective. It's like love. Or beauty. Or comedy.

Y'know, the things that make life worth living.
>>
>>93712441
A supervillain is born.
>>
File: fedora lamp.jpg (68KB, 427x500px) Image search: [Google]
fedora lamp.jpg
68KB, 427x500px
>>93712248
>each country has entire legal systems on providing justice
>it le doesnt exist
>>
File: 1415516370518.jpg (162KB, 534x533px) Image search: [Google]
1415516370518.jpg
162KB, 534x533px
>>93712364
>say whether punishing a transgressor really increases the quotient of happiness in the world.
EVILDOER DETECTED. EVILDOER DETECTED.

It's not about adding happiness in to the world. There are those good at that, and they don't need to fight to do it. It's ensuring scum don't take more happiness away from the world than is already lost no matter what shitty or half-assed justification they use to make the world worse.
>>
>>93716526
They are on the level. Don't listen to fags like that. They just want to use double think to label stopping someone from stealing and murdering as an evil act.
>>
File: y'all motherfuckers need Dan.jpg (120KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
y'all motherfuckers need Dan.jpg
120KB, 1280x720px
>>93716404
This thread is full of evildoers.
You all need the word of KAMI DA!
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.