[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Outside of Planetary, and the new Wildstorm book Ellis is currently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 27_full_cover-lrg.jpg (352KB, 1886x955px) Image search: [Google]
27_full_cover-lrg.jpg
352KB, 1886x955px
Outside of Planetary, and the new Wildstorm book Ellis is currently writing, are any of the Wildstorm books worth reading?
>>
>>93710787
Point blank and Sleeper from Brubaker were pretty good.
There is also Ellis The Authority in case you haven't read it yet.
>>
>>93710849
>There is also Ellis The Authority in case you haven't read it yet.
I forgot about that. I need to re-read it. What about WildCATS or Stormwatch?
>>
Deathblow
>>
>>93710787
Wildcats, ex machina, automatic Kafka, a god somewhere.
>>
>>93711090
Ex Machina is Wildstorm? Is it canon with Planetary, Authority, etc?
>>
>>93710873
>Stormwatch
Never read it myself but i heard Ellis run was good (you might start noticing a pattern here)

Also read A Man Called Kev and it's sequles by Garth Ennis.
>>
Read Automatic Kafka.
>>
>>93711120
No, neither are Automatic Kafka and A God Somewhere. For a time WS published original creator stories aside from main-line books.
>>
Gen13 is just the best
>>
Can we have a Wildstorm thread?
What is your favorite series?
>>
>>93712176
From what little I've read of the WildStorm books, Planetary. Authority had cool ideas, but I wasn't a huge fan of the wanton use of vulgarity, and Ex Machina felt weird to me.
>>
>>93711120
>>93711433

These few are really more like Vertigo books that had Wildstorm on them for some reason. I think Astro City and Arrowsmith, which are both excellent, are in that same boat.
>>
File: 1472314051015.jpg (546KB, 976x1525px) Image search: [Google]
1472314051015.jpg
546KB, 976x1525px
>>93710873
Ellis' Stormwatch was practically the prologue of Authority. The seeds were all there.
Yes it was fucking great.
>superhumans being used by govs as weapons
>a fully-militarized superhero force, down to different squads for different operations
>a futility of a not-Justice-League in the modern time
>the problems with superhumans being created by aliens

Also
>A man called Kev
>Dv8, aka super teens being hailed as gods in prehistoric time
>Anything by Ed Brubaker
>Astro City
>Ex Machina
>Arrowsmith, aka WW1 with mages and dragons and magical weapons of mass destruction
>Desolation Jones, written by Ellis, drawn by J.H. Williams III, what more do you need?
>Global Frequency
>Jenny Sparks: The Secret History of the Authority
>>
>>93711433
Automatic Kafka IS tho. It featured the National Park Service from Casey's Wildcats run and the super-team returns in the Intimates, which is also a Wildstrom Universe book.
>>
>>93710787
>dat pic
So what was the deal with the "Evil Fantastic Four" anyway?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.