[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the appealing of this character? why is this character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: perezoso doom.jpg (117KB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
perezoso doom.jpg
117KB, 940x529px
what's the appealing of this character?
why is this character so overpraised?
>>
Because not everybody likes villains solely for their personality anon. I'm not into Doom wankery but I always liked how most incarnations try to portray him as a person with his own questionnable and morally ambiguous beliefs rather than simply evil.
>>
File: 1499462313609.png (445KB, 1000x870px) Image search: [Google]
1499462313609.png
445KB, 1000x870px
>>93706837
>2 dumb to appreciate DOOM

Get the fuck outta here Richards.
>>
>>93706837

Side note: can anyone link to some great Doom stories? I just started getting into the character but it's just Infamous Iron Man where he's trying to be good. I want to see him stomping people's shit while leading a nation.
>>
>>93706837
Doom's primary appeal seems to come from being a fundamentally different kind of character than most supervillains. In terms of what seperates the hero from the villain, it's usually compassion v selfishness; the hero has power and used it to help others, the villain uses it to help themselves. Doom however is not defined by his selfishness but rather by his ego. Like your classic superhero he is driven by using his power to help people, what makes him a villian is his belief that since he clearly knows what's best for them he should just control everything (he also tends to react badly to people who could potentially be his 'equals', see his entire relationship with Reed Richards).

There's also the inherent cool factor of being a mad scientist sorcerer king with a suit of badass armour and a robot army.
>>
>>93706891
Triumph and Torment.
>>
>>93706970
I said link, not name.
>>
>>93707003
lurk moar moron
there's a literal permanent thread for requesting comics
>>
>>93707127
I posted there too. But don't provide names when the question asks for a link then call others morons. It shows that you're really bad at reading, like most morons.
>>
he appeals to autists
>>
>>93707003
Use fucking Google faggot. This is not a request board.Being a fucking edgy fag when someone gives you an answer. Fuck off. Get out neckbeard.
>>
>>93707271
every villain does because autists always identify themselves with the bad guy as they secretly want to dominate/destroy everyone they know
>>
>>93707238
Fuck off retard. What happened to hulk busting and banning people for this shit?
>>
>>93707419
>>93707290
It wasn't an answer though. Are you both bad at reading? Is that what makes me "edgy?"
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.