[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>alienate a man with near limitless possibilities to help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

>alienate a man with near limitless possibilities to help the world
>escalate Cold War to the brink of world wide nuclear destruction
>murder 2 million people
>"I did it! I saved the world!"
Was Ozy retarded?
>>
Yes, yes he was.
>>
>>93696784
Of course. Then again, the entire planet was retarded in AM's universe, it's no mystery the "smartest man on the planet" is just the biggest most successful retard.
>>
>>93696784
Basically everyone in this book is brain damaged.
>>
>>93696784
That's literally the joke about his character in the story.
He's called the smartest man in the world, but he still comes up with the dumbest, overly complex plan of all time.
>>
Deep down, he knew he was wrong about everything. Why else would he have called himself Ozymandius?
>>
>>93696784

>escalate Cold War to the brink of world wide nuclear destruction
>escalate

it almost happened in real life multiple times
>>
You kind'a have to see it from the perspective of people living in that time
Most people thought a nuclear war was somehow inevitable, and it would only be a question of how bad it would be
That's the idea that was in the heads of Moore and the other guy.
"The only way to prevent it, is to create a bigger threat"
>>
>>93696974

Egypt remained an empire for a thousand years after Ozymandias, anon. And we're still talking about him 3300 years after he died.

Shelley chose Ramesses II as the subject for his poem because he was the ultimate candidate for this: to show that EVEN THE GREATEST leader EVER would eventually have his legacy crumble.
Eventually!

>>93696784
>>alienate a man with near limitless possibilities to help the world

Jon always had those possibilities. And he did save the world from global warming, I guess, if the whole electric car thing was indicative.

>>escalate Cold War to the brink of world wide nuclear destruction

He didn't do that. The world did that on its own - mainly out of fear of Doctor Manhattan. So Jon had to go... resolving previous point.

>>murder 2 million people

To save 4.5 billion. That's not even a choice.

>>"I did it! I saved the world!"

Given that the world seemed to clear up a lot afterwards, I'd say he succeeded.

I think you may be the retarded one.

>>93696934

It was taking refuge in audacity.

If the plan made sense, some people might say "Conspiracy!". This, on the other hand, was so completely insane that nobody would believe anyone could set it up.

"So let me get this straight. Adrian Veidt... created a space octopus with telepathic powers to blow up New York??"
>>
>>93697144
Dubs of reason.
>>
>>93697001
Also wasn't Ozy's plan less "Prevent Nuclear War from outright happening" and more "Make sure we make it at least just a few more generations than we otherwise would have and hope someone new will find a solution"?
>>
>>93696784
For the last time, yes.
>>
>>93697144
The poem doesn't portray Ramses II in such a great light considering the scorn the statue carver gave him.
>>
>>93696784
No but he was caught up in his own persona. The guy figured he had escaped the whole Hero/Villain cliche and was operating above humanity. Of course this itself was a superman train of thought. He figured he was an exception so beyond the judgement or reasoning of norm.
He fell into the bizarre prideful insanity that every other state leader, hero or villain fell into.

Like most people in his situation he ended largely disconnected from reality. If he had people to answer to he probably would have come up with a sane plan.

The moral is that even the "smartest man on the planet" is still some dude. It takes a lot more than a one dude to fix the world's problems.
>>
>>93696784
>>93696934

>tfw a comic book character is smarter than you
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.