[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else disappointed that this show wasn't good? Especially

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: r_billydilley_hero_160e104d.jpg (664KB, 2048x723px) Image search: [Google]
r_billydilley_hero_160e104d.jpg
664KB, 2048x723px
Anyone else disappointed that this show wasn't good? Especially considering who made it.
>>
>>93693269
I liked the art style, so I was disappointed that it was just gross. I didn't find it funny, and cringed at parts. Granted, I've only seen 2 episodes, but from what I've seen I don't want to see anymore.
>>
>>93693269
It was alright
>>
>>93693374
Whaddya mean "it alright"?
>>
>It's a Billy-only episode
>>
File: Aaron Springer.jpg (549KB, 1329x1331px) Image search: [Google]
Aaron Springer.jpg
549KB, 1329x1331px
>>93693374
>It was alright
Yeah; maybe in the first three episodes. But as the show went on, it became obvious that Springer had no clear direction for the premise in mind. The supporting characters end up being bland as hell (Wretcher included), the "comedy" ranges from mediocre to downright shitty, and Billy--possibly the most insufferable MC ever created--gradually takes up more and more screen-time until Zeke and Marsha become side characters with minor appearances every other episode.

Before Billy Dilley's Super-Duper Subterranean Summer premiered, I was still skeptical about Springer's comedic ability since he was one of the original SpongeBob writers who stayed on till ~Season 7, but I also kept his three amazing pilots in mind (Korgoth, Periwinkle, and Baloobaloob) as well as the stellar Mickey Mouse Shorts.

It really is a shame that Aaron Springer's first big break ended up being his worst work yet. His comedic timing proved to be very inconsistent. Disney's last-minute advertising and highly questionable scheduling made it clear that they knew it couldn't possibly be well-received by audiences. I just don't get why they couldn't keep a closer eye on Springer's concept during development instead of just giving him free reign.
>>
>>93693707
>reign
rein.
>>
>>93693939
Just looked that up and you're right; it IS free rein! Thanks for the correction, anon. Just wish you could've responded to the actual points I made in my Billy Dilley review, too
>>
>>93693269
Something about the artstyle makes me want a Tedd Arnold cartoon.
>>
>>93694023
God, I would love that

Parts fucked me up in the best possible way!
>>
>>93694023
I definetely see that.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.