[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Cartoon Network have to ruin it? They went for 14 years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: image.png (68KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
68KB, 480x480px
Why did Cartoon Network have to ruin it?
They went for 14 years capturing a perfect nostalgic feeling for this channel and then completely fucked it up in 2014.

Boomerang was too good for this world.
>>
The Latin American version went to hell much earlier, with live-action shows and censored movies.
>>
>>93692699
Does not Latin America at least have Tooncast?
>>
File: image.jpg (292KB, 1280x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
292KB, 1280x600px
>>
>>93692631
>nostalgic
There's your problem.
>>
>>93694501
Do I want to know?
>>
>>93692631
Probably didn't have good enough ratings. Why else do channels rebrand themselves or drift away from their original content?
>>
Will there ever be anything to replicate the nostalgia?
>>
File: patrickjazz.jpg (6KB, 250x186px) Image search: [Google]
patrickjazz.jpg
6KB, 250x186px
>>93694584
>>93694603
What ratings you think you'd get if you just straight up aired og Looney Tunes on Cartoon Network?
>>
>>93694666
dunno, which Looney Tunes stuff?
what about Hanna Barbera stuff besides the obvious?
>>
You will learn in time that nothing good lasts forever.
>>
>>93694603

Yes.

It's called a large hard drive. Fill it with all your favorite old shows and stream them through your favorite media player of choice. You can even make playlists to play them in any order of your choice.

Time to cut the cord!
>>
>>93695038
Even cold november rain.
>>
currently on boomerang Phil
three flavors of scooby-doo (movies, mystery inc and be cool)
personal tiny equines, companionship is mystical
mr. bean
chowder
some sort of peter pan show
wizard of oz
i forgot the rest.

how different is it from other countries?
>>
>>93696955
American Boomerang shows 90% new CN shows and the only old cartoons they show are Flintstones, Jetsons, Looney Tunes or Smurfs.
>>
>>93694553
Yes.
>>
>>93696985
oldest they show are the said scooby-doo movies

also some of that cgi garfield, dc superhero girls, that cgi inspector gadget (the one with penny and the claw guy have some sort of love-hate thing going on).
>>
>>93694603
Boomerang Rebirth on Cytube is pretty excellent. I'd link it but every time I try 4chan thinks I'm trying to spam
>>
They got rid of Teen Titans in 2014. That must have been one of the reasons that make you think that Boomerang sucks.
>>
>>93694584
Old Boomerang didn't have commercials so ratings didn't matter.
>>
>>93694501
>Pearl in the world of Billy and Mandy

I actually want to see this desu
>>
>>93693989
Yes, and I personally love every minute of it
Still a shame that Boomerang died so quickly
>>
>>93702921
Now that I think about it, did latinamerican CN have all those godforsaken liveaction shows american CN had? I can only remember the one about the kid with a cartoonist's brain. From what I remember, Boomerang was the one that hit the shitter at full speed with all the liveaction
>>
>>93696955
Polish Boomerang
New Tom and Jerry
Old Scooby doo
Wabbit
Lazy Town
The Happos Family ( ???)
Old and new Pink Panther
OddBods
Top Cat
Dodgers
Mr Bean
Garfield SHow
>>
>>93703159
https://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Happos_Family

So shit, the only article available is in Hungarian.
>>
File: 1496757699382.png (86KB, 244x252px)
1496757699382.png
86KB, 244x252px
>there's a million fucking channels that can survive off of repeats of classic sitcoms and game shows
>not to mention TCM and various other nostalgia-driven channels exist and seem to do well on their own
>yet for some reason Boomerang had to get completely fucked in the ass and gets turned into a dumping ground
What fucking gives? Was it really doing so bad on it's own before CN's "renovations"?
>>
>>93705323
Granted things like TCM also survive off of showing intellectually-engaging and arthouse movies as well as just nostalgia. There's nothing engaging about Boomerang shows other than the nostalgia, and most Hanna Barbera stuff is hot fucking shit that imaginably warrants maybe one nostalgia rewatch and nothing else.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.