[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wanted to thank you /co/ for the recommendation. New Super-Man

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1797.jpg (235KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1797.jpg
235KB, 1920x1080px
I wanted to thank you /co/ for the recommendation. New Super-Man ended up being genuinely interesting and funny. I ended up having to wait for a trade to come out to start reading, but I ended up fucking loving it.

I heard from a comic shop employee that it isn't selling so hot, but I really hope it keeps going and am wondering how I could help ensure that.

I'm only 5 comics in (trade and all), but I wouldn't mind chatting about the parallels to the actual Superman as well as just the comic as a whole. Also, any other recommendations with similar comedy?
>>
Really all you can do is buy the trades or the issues as they come out, and tell your friends about it.

I would recommend Greg Pak's current Totally Awesome Hulk, maybe it's just because both writers are Asian or that both books feature an Asian using a classic superhero name but they give me a similar vibe.
>>
My favorites are Deilan and Dr. Omen. Both for fairly obvious reasons.
>>
>>93686763
Cool! I'll check it out. I'm mainly familiar with DC, but since these are sort of stand alone, I see no harm expanding my horizons. I'm pretty white, so no real special connection to any East Asian cultures, but the setting is great for allowing other characters to shine without competing for the spotlight.

I'll see if any of my friends want to read some comics. My only comic book reading friend recommended me Deathstroke and Hellblazer so he might not be into this, but he should give it a shot.

>>93686826
I'm excited to find out more about Dr. Omen. You guys probably got her whole story by now, but I was blown away in the last couple of panels of 5.
>>
>>93687050
Next issue isn't out yet.

Honestly though, the twist was pretty obvious the instant we found out she had Kenan's dad in a healing tank. Hell, it even explains why Dr. Omen chose Kenan for the job in the first place.
>>
>>93687107
Well, that was more or less the same panel. It also does explain her stupidity when it came to her choice.

Alright, since there is no new issue yet, I feel I can talk freely. Could she maybe be someone other than his mother?
>>
>>93687258
Unlikely. It just makes way too much sense for her to be his mom. Plus, the interactions between Dr. Omen and Kenan as mother and son are way too funny to pass up.
>>
File: IMG_1799.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1799.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>
>>93687050
If your friend is recommending you Deathstroke by Priest then definitely trust him and go read it. It is fantastic.
>>
>>93689261
I actually already have! It was pretty great, though I was a bit lost. I don't know any of these characters so I don't know what is a retcon, what is established, what is this and that.
>>
>>93686580
I honestly thought it was just a gimmick to trademark Super-Man and Bat-Man but was surprised how good it was done.
>>93686763
Second this, add in his Herc run as well.
>>
>>93689546
Thanks. I hear great things about Herc.
>>
>>93686580

You might check out the Flintstones, as far as comedy recommendations. The first trade of that is also recently out and it's only going to end up as two trades.

If you are looking for lighter Superhero, you might check out some of the digital firsts like Wonder Woman '77 or the Batman '66. Both of them have trades.
>>
>>93692796
I started reading Batman '66 and fucking loved it, though I've only seen a few episodes of the actual show. I should see if I can get my shop to order me the first trade of that. I'll check '77 too, even though I'm even less familiar with the source material.

And Flintstones is getting a trade? Sick. I heard about it being amazingly good and all of ya'll being sad it was ending.
>>
>>93689546

Herc is legit one of the best 00s Marvel comics
>>
>>93686763
>Really all you can do is buy the trades or the issues as they come out
Even better than that is you can ask your LCS to put it on your pull list, maybe tell them you'd like 1 copy of the main cover and 1 copy of the variant.
>>
>>93692847
Jeff Parker is one of the most fun Big 2 writers of the past few decades
read everything he writes
>>
Spidey/Deadpool is solid
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.