[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just saw it, AMA -Holland is possibly the best guy to ever wear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 507
Thread images: 60

File: smhc.jpg (210KB, 711x1080px) Image search: [Google]
smhc.jpg
210KB, 711x1080px
Just saw it, AMA

-Holland is possibly the best guy to ever wear this suit (I liked both of the previous guys but thought both of them had real strengths and weaknesses)
-Zendaya has 5 minutes as a cool side character who, in this installment anyway, isn't even kind of a love interest
-Villain is mostly dumb and boring, but you knew that was gonna happen, but there's a fucking cool late second-act twist with him that they pull off beautifully
-Ned is cool and a good addition
-They have whizzed the character of Aunt May down their legs all the way in a single movie
>>
>>93676036
Dont care, want Mary Jane
>>
>>93676092
You're in for disappointment. The movie pulls a TDKR "You should use your real name" on her nickname being MJ which kinda means nothing because this is a 100% wholecloth new character. Which I'm okay with.

This movie actually places the least amount of importance on the love interest subplot of any Spider-Man movie and it's refreshing as fuck. Peter doesn't even get a kiss! It's kinda nice. That's probably a lot truer to most peoples' high school experiences anyway.
>>
>>93676036
>-They have whizzed the character of Aunt May down their legs all the way in a single movie

What the fuck does that even mean? If it means "utterly destroyed the character for lol Tony has a boner jokes. Then yes, you are correct. Aunt May is arguably the best and most accurately done character in the Raimi movies, as much as JJJ is. Her speech in SM 2 in the moving scene is more heart the the entirety of the MCU.
>>
>>93676325
Yeah you basically nailed it. It doesn't really seem like they have a lot of ideas for what to do with Aunt May. It's the least screen time she's ever had and almost every scene adjacent to her involves someone mentioning how hot Aunt May is. The movie also ends on [SPOILER!} Aunt May discovering him in the suit and being interrupted by the credits before she can say "what the fuck" and it feels like Aunt May discovering his secret, if she were fleshed out, would have its time to breathe in its own movie. So we have this under-written badly conceived new character whose one interesting arc with peter gets tossed off as a final gag for this movie, and that sucks. Surely there had to be anything else to do with a reimagined Aunt May!

It's also conspicuous to me because in between this and Civil War, May has been kind of reimagined. In Civil War, she appears kind of posh and sophisticated and together. In Homecoming, Watts and Tomei have now created a slightly loopy cool hippy May (which is at least a little more interesting) who's a little too comfortable saying stuff about how your body is blossoming during puberty. What all this suggests to me is that Feige doesn't really have a cohesive grasp of what this character is other than Hot. Because they keep changing their mind. Maybe in the next one she'll be a calculating businesswoman.

Either way it's not Tomei's fault. She's a good actress and shit but I just think Sexy Aunt May is a weird decision the same way I'd think sexy Santa Claus is weird.
>>
>>93676036
>Villain is mostly dumb and boring, but you knew that was gonna happen

Spider-Man and Batman have a pretty good rogue's gallery, probably the best out of all comic characters, how did Marvel Studios fucked a Spidey villain up that badly?
>>
>>93676496
>how did Marvel Studios fucked a Spidey villain up that badly?
>Marvel Studios

there's your problem
>>
>>93676496
I fucking give up.
I'm sick of wanting to see a good villain in any movie and get disappointed every time. I'm going back to Daredevil and Legion, at least for all their flaws their villains are good.
>>
>>93676683

So... Kingpin? That ninja shit was worse than any movie.
>>
>>93676707
>Kingpin
Well duh. For that matter when I say Legion, I mean Shadow King not generic boring evil government organization.
>>
>>93676683

Loki?
Ego?
Zemo?
Red Skull?
>>
>>93676784
>Loki
Whiny bitch and a complete loser as of Avengers.
>Ego
Don't understand why people like him at all. He's laughably bad. Yes, I get that he's supposed to be detached from humanity and be egotistical, doesn't make the execution any less shit.
>Zemo
I'll be honest here, I can't remember anything about Civil War. I remember him being a boring "muh vengeance for dead family" villain.
>Red Skull
You're not serious, are you?
>>
>>93676616
Loki is almost as popular as any of the main heroes. Meanwhile, DC is one for three with villains. Ares and Doomsday were CGI shit and Jess Luthor was a great idea for a Funny or Die skit.
>>
>>93676496
Spidey's rogues are just visually appealing. They aren't that well developed or interesting outside a few exceptions.
>>
>>93676775
I think you mean Aubrey because without her that character would not have flown.
>>
You know what Holland Spiderman needs? A thorough skull fucking courtesy of D'onofrio's Wilson Fisk. We need to see him thoroughly laid out by Fisk and completely broken as he realizes his impotence against the likes of Kingpin who hold the REAL power in the city. That's how you move Holland's spiderman forward, tear down all his hope and idealism shit on it and let him pick up the pieces and try to start again. Too bad it probably won't happen.
>>
>>93676905
>Whiny bitch and a complete loser as of Avengers.

Or, y'know, clandestine usurper of the Asgardian throne. Either or.
>>
>>93676921
It would still be a sadistic fuck tormenting David in horrifying ways.
Aubrey Plaza just made it better.
>>93676938
>one time a villain does something right undoes all the times he was consistently a joke
Stop this meme.
>>
>>93676924
This. This sounds like a fucking Spider-Man story.
>>
File: 18621.jpg (63KB, 488x280px) Image search: [Google]
18621.jpg
63KB, 488x280px
>>93676924
>>93677033
This is why I roll my eyes at all the "he's growing in these films" excuse. Why should I be inclined to care about this Spidey's growth if nothing major will occur beyond "i'll be late for the dance" or wondering whether "Stark-senpai will notice me?" Its all empty and without genuine character building because everything is played as a joke or is just so trivial. Hearing about how Aunt May learning about Pete's secret identity is played for laughs, when its one of the most emotionally driven moments in the comics just makes me sick and detaches from this Spider-man. It'd be like making Steve's reunion with Peggy played for laughs. The MCU may be pretty lighthearted, but this is going to far.
>>
>>93676924
You won't see that kind of shit being explored for Spidey in the MCU, they just want to focus on making him a fun character, Marvel Studios and Sony really don't care about what makes Spidey interesting, they'll just churn out an expensive Disney Channel tier movie and the general audience will buy it.

>>93676920
I liked how Spider-Man 2 managed to make Octavius deep and interesting.
>>
>>93676036
How do I shot web?
>>
>>93677198
He doesn't even care about the dance, he stoops up his crush to stop the supervillain plan even with a no-tech suit and tells Stark to shove his Avengers membership into his ass by the ending

If that's not growing, I dunno how else to call it
>>
I'm dreading for the time Osborn or Kingsley come into play
>>
File: sad hank.jpg (17KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
sad hank.jpg
17KB, 500x378px
>tfw we'll never get gangland shenanigans, a la Spectacular Spider-Man.
3 different movie series and it'll never happen.
>>
>>93676489
>May finding about Peter is played as a joke
Fuck this movie.
>>
>>93677364
I don't think Osborn will show up at all. He was in the previous Sony Movies and I doubt they wanna go there again.
>>
What's the twist?
>>
>>93676489
Feige said he wanted to bring the discovery scene to the big screen. He was so anxious in fact, he rushed it and made it fall flat.
>>
>>93677532
I can understand them not wanting to introduce him too soon and choosing to focus on other villains for a while, but it would be crazy for them to never introduce him.
>>
>>93676036
There was one reviewer that had the exact opposite reaction. Not liking the high school stuff but loving Vulture. It actually seems like the majority like Vulture compared to most MCU villains.
>>
>>93676496
>>93676683
Saw the movie. Vulture was the highlight for me. Had a refreshingly small-scale plan. Very good foil for Peter.
>>
Does Peter keep the web wings
>>
>>93677951
asking the important questions
>>
>>93677951
web wings suck
>>
File: z2upjeupnloy.jpg (136KB, 1825x421px) Image search: [Google]
z2upjeupnloy.jpg
136KB, 1825x421px
>>93677589
Why feige, why
>>
>>93676036
>-They have whizzed the character of Aunt May down their legs all the way in a single movie
what do you mean?
>>
>>93678105
hopefully feige agrees Slott AMS is garbage
>>
>>93676036
Who was your favorite member of Vulture's crew?
>>
>>93676784
>Zemo
Boring, the last monologue is cool but other than that just tell me what he does
>>
>>93676489
I liked May's execution purely based on the fact that they highlighted her relationship with Peter at all. The scenes towards the begining of the film were showing Peter and his life in Queens and the role May takes in that, which is where most of the 'hot aunt' jokes happen, but that one scene of her helping Peter get ready for the dance felt genuine and earnest, and its all I want from May- to just feel like she really cares about Peter.

I've enjoyed every single take on Aunt May so far in the movies, but I see your point with the ending being played as a joke. It got a laugh out of me but I'm unsure as to how they're gonna handle that in the next film.
>>
sounds boring and forgettable just like the rest of the MCU
>>
File: Imogen-Poots-Wallpapers.jpg (276KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Imogen-Poots-Wallpapers.jpg
276KB, 1920x1080px
I find it inconsistent that Stark seems to be happy and joke around with Pete and Happy after civil war where Rhodey just got severely injured... or maybe I'm an idiot and that is just how Tony copes
>>
Solid entertaining movie, the only thing that really felt like a miss for me was Aunt May, just weird. It's like they made Tomei go watch the Raimi movies and act like that Aunt May, while still doing the Hot May stuff? Why? It doesn't even really mesh with May in Civil War which seemed like they were just going to do a younger contemporary May in the style of Ultimate or whatever.
>>
File: 1499319752014.png (439KB, 942x628px) Image search: [Google]
1499319752014.png
439KB, 942x628px
Did Peter fucked this guy?
>>
>>93678736
No, the sum of her role is basically "will be MJ in the next one"
>>
>>93678395
Being a completely normal as fuck dude yet destroy the foundations of the Avengers in ways that no one has done before? And they hardly even notice he's there.

It's called subtlety, Michael Bay.
>>
>>93676036
The Vulture was really one of the best parts of the film, down to earth, relatable-ish and I honestly never saw the plot twist coming.

I know autistic manchildren will cry about all the quipping, but this is fucking Spider-man. That is what he does.

But seriously, fuck Zendaya.
>>
>>93678779
You're forgetting that she's also an annoying, ugly, moody SJW who's a unique and special snowflake who wants to get down with some protesting and is so totally not like, your grandma's MJ, anon.

Also, a stalker. I was seriously surprised she didn't get a "don't misgender me" remark.
>>
>>93678779
>her
Anon I...
>>
>>93678820
>but this is fucking Spider-man. That is what he does.
Not really. Spider-Man is supposed to be more of a taunting smartass than a quipper like MCU Ironman. Andrew Garfield had some great bantz for his run as Spider-Man. Even Tobey was good at it. Holland can't crack jokes as much as his voice.
>>
>>93678863
Sure bud, Spider-man is/does whatever it's needed to support your particular and subjective view of what's good.
>>
>>93678666
He was joking around with Rhodes himself at the end of CW

>Tony Stank, Tony Stank is here

>>93678834
What's with the recent shitposting surge of "non-gender binary" Michelle, is the lack of heavy make-up all you need to start coming up with this shit?
>>
I really liked the mention of Thor's belt.
Guessing we getting that Ultimates hammer now.
I don't know if old news, I've been avoiding the internet.
>>
>>93678863
>Even Tobey was good at it.

Look, the Raimi films are good, but come on.
>>
>>93678889
Go to bed, Slott.
>>
>>93678913
I was being generous since I favor the Webb movies over Raimi, but at this point i'd rather rewatch the first 3 in theatres again than go see this wreck.
>>
>>93678906
Explain
>>
>>93678983
When Happy is loading up a Stark plane, they're mentioning items that have been created. Or something like that.
He name drops Cap's new Shield, as well as a belt which has been made for Thor.
With Thor's hammer being destroyed in his movie, I'm guessing Tony has forged him the Hammer.. Axe from Ultimates as a replacement, which had the battery.. Belt thingo.
>>
>>93678779
What's the point of making MJ black if black guys don't even like black girls?
>>
>>93679027
That would be cool. Makes me wonder if Cap will get the energy shield? Although that would look dumb
>>
>>93679063
Yeah, I have no idea. I guess it could even be his current shield from the comics with the weird separation gimmick, but I'm not sure how well that'd translate.
>>
>>93679077
The two-piece would make for a neat toy tbqh, though odds are it'd be the energy one, and even then that'll probably just be a backup come Infinity War for whenever Thanos, presumably, shatters the physical one.
>>
>>93676036
>Newest one is always the bestest one ever.
Every fuckin' time.
>>
>>93676921
I love when they get people known mostly for comedic roles to play villains
>>
>>93676036
>second-act twist
spoil me, anon
>>
>>93679044
Cause white boys definitely do
>>
>>93679322 Vulture is Liz's dad
>>
I admit, the post credits scene did make me laugh
>>
>>93676274
>This movie actually places the least amount of importance on the love interest subplot

Fuck yeah. Thank you, Marvel Studio.
>>
>>93679362
It literally pulls the Put On A Bus trope too
>>
PACIENCE
>>
>>93677951
Yes
>>
In short, anyone who saw the movie says it's good. The only ones complaining are those who have not seen it yet.
>>
>>93679027
Saw it a few hours ago and that was my thoughts as well. I'm actually stoked for Ultimates hammer.
>>
>>93679448
I did not like it anon. Not because movie was bad or anything but it's by far the least faithful Spider-Man movie. Should have just made an OC character or used Miles considering Ned is basically Ganke.
>>
>>93679477
>Not because movie was bad.
>Not muh Spider-man
>I want Miles

Holy shit 0/10.
>>
>>93679448
I enjoyed it and the more I think about it the more I like it and want to see it again. The Vulture was very good. His motivation was simple but Keaton nailed it. Also his suit was menacing as fuck. The way it moved and the sounds it made. Good shit. Stark didn't even bother me. Hes in a lot of the movie but at no point did he ever take the spotlight from Spidey.
Its a solid 8/10
One of the better MCUs actually.
>>
>>93679518
>I want Miles
Never said that nigger. And yes not muh Spider-Man is a valid criticism.
>>
>>93679448
this

it's a great movie one of the best marvel movies and DEFINITELY the best spiderman movie

you'll see for yourselves this weekend
>>
>>93679411
Fuck you Cap
>>
>>93679526
No it's not
>Hurr his friend is fat
>Hurr he's too young
>Hurr hev doesn't tell the Avengers to fuck off like he did that one time
Have you ever read Ultimate Spiderman?
>>
>>93679539
Yeah because EVERYTHING about Ned and the movie are comic accurate other than him being fat amirite. Like the fact that he is Peter's annoying le epic nerdy fat high school friend in the movie rather than him being Peter's coleague. Or the fact that Flash is a 4'2 shitskin snobby asshole rather than a blond footballer high school jock that's always provoking Peter to fight him who also happens to be a huge Spider-Man fan. Or Tony Stark making Peter's suit, or Aunt May discovering his identity being played as a fucking joke in the movie. SURE the movie is straight out of Ultimate.

How bout this nigger, I'm completely ignoring the fact that you are moving goalposts. But when did I fucking imply let alone saying any of the shit you greentexted.
>>
Saw it yesterday, Zendaya's character was there just because. Flash was okay filling in the bully part since they say they "researched" modern day bullies in high school.

one of thing I like in the movie that I don't think anyone talks about is how they show Peter having to choose between being Spider Man or being a normal high schooler. They show it when most of the decathlon team went swimming at night but Peter chose not to join in. He gets to be a normal high schooler when Tony took away his tech suit.
>>
>>93679577
>Or Tony Stark making Peter's suit
For the movies at least I actually like this. It makes sense. The thing that always fucked with me in the other movies is how he starts off with a shitty homemade costume and by the end he has some movie quality shit out of nowhere. At least with Tony it makes sense where the suit came from.
>>
>>93679577
You named Ganke, mate, as for the rest i just repeated what idiots like you say

>Peter's annoying le epic nerdy fat high school friend
Oh noez, an OC that used a secondary character's name, what are we ever gonna do. And you're ignoring that his arc is the same MJ had in USM

>Flash is a 4'2 shitskin snobby asshole
Are you one of those that thinks the relationship between Peter and Flash was all about how physically imposing the latter should be? He treats Peter like shit, so he's Flash, focusing so much on his race only shows you're a fucking idiot too focused on politics

>Or Tony Stark making Peter's suit
You mean like how he made the Iron-spider suit in comics? Or like how in Ultimate Peter's suit came from the wrestling organization? What's the problem here

>Aunt May discovering his identity played as a fucking joke
Different contexts. Could it have been done differently? Yes. Is it a tragedy that ruins the movie? Doubt it

I'm still waiting to be told how OC/Miles-like this movie is
>>
>>93676036
>Ned is cool and a good addition
WRONG. FAKE NEWS.
that fucking fat faggot wants to use the fact that he knows who Spiderman is to get popular instead of worrying about Peter's life.
>>
>>93679610
A quality suit that is similar to what's in the movie is actually pretty easy to make anon. Only problem is the mask really. But they could just find an excuse anyway. Fucking Peter had Spider-Sense in Civil War and now he doesn't and they didn't even bother with explaining why it's that way.

https://www.amazon.com/ONeill-Wetsuits-Reactor-Black-X-Large/dp/B004I44QLS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499340189&sr=8-1&keywords=O%27Neill+wetsuit

Or if you're too obsessed with comic lore like me you could do the pieces part part.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003UC1KI6/ref=twister_B01ETDZBWK?th=1
https://www.amazon.com/Defender-Compression-Baselayer-Running-Tights/dp/B01KS1GMHK/ref=cts_ap_3_vtp

>>93679641
>You named Ganke, mate, as for the rest i just repeated what idiots like you say
Because he literally is Ganke other than the name.

>Oh noez, an OC that used a secondary character's name, what are we ever gonna do. And you're ignoring that his arc is the same MJ had in USM
A secondary character that is important and a core part of the Spider-Man canon.

>And you're ignoring that his arc is the same MJ had in USM
Who fucking cares about USM? As if Ultimate is the only story which the setting is High School. Hello, have you ever heard of the fucking first 30 issues of Amazing Spider-Man, Marvel Adventures Spider-Man and countless other titles? Oh and yeah, I forgot the part in USM where MJ is a geeky genius bud of Peter excuse me. Or the fact that she subtletly uses Peter's secret identity to gain popularity.

>Are you one of those that thinks the relationship between Peter and Flash was all about how physically imposing the latter should be
No.
>He treats Peter like shit, so he's Flash
You clearly have no decent understanding of the character and his function in comics.
>You mean like how he made the Iron-spider suit in comics
Because this movie is sure based off Civil War
>Peter's suit came from the wrestling organization
You do know he modified it right?
Cont
>>
>What's the problem here
Uh I don't know, maybe Peter having le epic gadgets and AI which are totally out of character you fucking idiot?

>Is it a tragedy that ruins the movie?
No but it's a promise that Feige has failed to keep. And also shows how much people that are responsible for the movie don't really take the character seriously.

Now go off yourself, excuse of a human being. But before that read some comics kiddo.
>>
>>93679694
Like Ned in the comic. How, unfortunately, would make any child fourteen years without a strong moral education and a desperate attempt to be noticed. Yes, he comes out annoying, but it's realistic. At a narrative level this however serves to make Peter's life more risky. The audiance knows that Ned is a weak spot that can put Peter at risk at any time. It can make both funny scenes or tension.
>>
>>93679694
>>93679740
BY THE WAY, I honestly would be okay with it if Tony just gave Peter the modified webshooters and not the rest of the fucking high tech mumbo jumbo bullshit.

Also another Spider-Man who is terrible at keeping his identity secret. Very in-character amirite.
>>
File: 1421263361969.jpg (36KB, 450x280px) Image search: [Google]
1421263361969.jpg
36KB, 450x280px
>>93679740
>Peter having le epic gadgets and AI which are totally out of character you fucking idiot?

Hello, guy who doesn't read comic books. Time to go back to /tv/, thanks for visiting.
>>
>>93679714
>>93679740
Sonetimes i wonder how autists like you fiction. Is there even a single CBM that lives up to your standards of what constitutes a good adaption?
>>
>>93679740
Spiderman as always been full of optional even during the Romita Sr time. The problem is that he was poor fag so he did not have the funds to keep the equipment. A lot of times the FF helped him giving him something, which he regularly destroyed.

And anyways, times change and so the characters. Before dying, my grandfather hated Burton Batman because he identified Batman with Adam West. He was not even a reader, but that was the only Batman he knew.
>>
>>93678641
I can already tell you how it'll be handled.

Peter comes home, sees Aunt May, she tells him a bunch of things and then has a line like "I know the Avengers won't care about your homework, but I do" sort of thing.
>>
>>93679769
No YOU fuck off insufferable cunt. Show me ONE SPIDER-MAN COMIC which sets place in high school where peter has an AI Tech support. Or the one where Tony gives him the Spider-Tracers and all other stuff.

Protip: You can't.

Now fuck off back to cherrypicking shit people say against the movie on reddit.

>>93679782
I do like comic book movies that aren't like 1:1 perfect adaptations anon. But these kind of movies don't actually care about the source material or the core of the character and this is why I despise the movie. Notice how I didn't even mention that shitty MJ twist.
>>
>>93679818
>Show me ONE SPIDER-MAN COMIC which sets place in high school where peter has an AI Tech support. Or the one where Tony gives him the Spider-Tracers and all other stuff.

Now you're moving the goalposts because you know you were wrong?

Please, back to /tv/

You can cry with the other idiots who don't know what they're talking about and at least there you won't get called out on your bullshit. I think it's best for you
>>
>>93679835
That's not moving goalposts. Again, you provided ZERO arguments on why I'm wrong. Which I'm not. I like how you niggers start posting hurr durr go back to /tv/ or /pol/ when you are cornered with your bullshit.
>>
>>93677270
>I liked how Spider-Man 2 managed to make Octavius deep and interesting
There was nothing deep about Otto is sp 2. He had a silly and bizarre character development, but that's about it. Most of the movie he was a generic sociopathic villain.
>>
File: 1419202415339.jpg (235KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1419202415339.jpg
235KB, 1920x1040px
>>93679859

Your complaint was gadgets and AI

Peter has had gadgets since he created his webshooters, and AI in Dan Slott's ASM

But then you add in all these other stipulations that it has to take place during high school and be provided by Stark

Why haven't you gone back to /tv/? I'm not sure how you plan to come out on top of any discussion here. You can try to twist the argument to affect the outcome, but that will not work. Nobody here is that stupid
>>
>>93679754
>Also another Spider-Man who is terrible at keeping his identity secret.

Is there any reason why Vulture wouldn't out his ass immediately
>>
>>93679898

So he can kill Peter himself maybe?
>>
>>93677270
>managed to make Octavius deep and interesting.
>le muh mad science made me ebil, i didn't mean it beter, it wuz teh tentacles
>>
File: 111.jpg (237KB, 736x1064px) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
237KB, 736x1064px
>>93679859
Now, this become silly. In the 60s. NOT EVEN Iron-Man was so high tech. It's fucking 2017 now, faggot. Time changes.
Spider-man was quite full of toys with his belt and magical web. And so he had a radio, a spider signal, a photo camera in belt and occasionally even some special lenses.
It was 70s, and writers were not even able to think something like today's technology, but Spider-man was already full of resources for his times.
>>
>>93679923

This. "but the comics don't do that!" is an automatic losers argument. Movies aren't comics.
>>
What was the post credits scene? I had to leave the cinema before I got to it
>>
>>93679969
be patient
>>
>>93676924
>tfw we'll never get a Spider-Man homecoming sequel with Spidey teaming up with Daredevil to take down Fisk
>>
>>93679991
Fugg forgot video
https://youtu.be/xVENzAAVxTk
>>
>>93676036
Funny, I thought Vulture was great.

Keaton did a really good job with him.
>>
I heard Homecoming contains two post-credits scenes. Is this true?
>>
>>93679984
Fuck you man I had to catch my bus
>>
>>93679991
Frank will kill Fisk before the movie acknowledges netflix
>>
>>93676905
Ego was pretty boss and the disconnected moralities was an interesting concept. Unlike Ronin who was pretty much 'me terrorist, me blow u up for religious stuff' you couldn't really read into him until the end.

When he's trying to seduce Peter into going in with his plan he's like a cat talking to an ant. Completely different scales and it made for a good climax.
>>
File: CgY5lef_d.jpg (94KB, 640x1032px) Image search: [Google]
CgY5lef_d.jpg
94KB, 640x1032px
>>93680014
it was a PSA by Cap saying that being patient is the most valuable thing or something, basically he told the audience that they played themselves waiting for the post credit scene.
>>
File: 1498845767455.png (974KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1498845767455.png
974KB, 640x1136px
>>93676036
Why did they killed white Shocker?
>>
>>93676915
Loki is a fucking disaster and you know that, they turned him into a retarded manchild that simply want to take over the world because he's too spoiled to get a no as answer.

He's nothing more than husbandu material for deviantart teenagers.
>>
>>93679898
Peter saved his life and life of his daughter. Maybe it was payoff
>>
>>93676036
>Zendaya
>cool side character

No. Fuck you. She showed up just to make these odd "rebellious" and "socially aware" quips that just made her seem obnoxious. I can't wait until this fucking board sees how obnoxious she actually is.

And also fuck you, Toomes was great and looked great
>>
>>93680012
Yes. The last one makes fun of you.
>>
>>93679877
Jesus christ you're an intellectually lazy shill.

>Peter has had gadgets since he created his webshooters
And? I didn't and don't deny that. Maybe since you're intellectually lazy, you'll point out like a kid how I didn't say it in the first place despite me correcting it in the later post. Notice how you indirectly respond to mistakes in my writing rather than conversing around my knowledge on the character and the way I showcase it while criticizing the movie. I'm sure anyone with IQ over 60 would realize that a person who knows about Ned Leeds (which isnt even an obscure character, only to normies who knows Spider-Man from cartoons or movies maybe) is most likely to know about Spider-Man and his gadgets. Hell, ANYONE who heard the character before knows about his skillset and gadgets. So please, don't reply to me again if you don't have a valid argument anon.

>and AI in Dan Slott's ASM
I didn't read post Superior since they're most likely to be abortion tier but no he didn't before SSM. And the fact that you point out Slott Spider-Man as a valid argument shows how much you know or care about the character. Now back to shilling your movie and pretend to know about character on mongolian throat singing board senpai.

>>93679923
And? Read my posts anon. My problem is Tony providing Spider-Man with his core gadgets. Not HIS GADGETS.
>>
>>93680072
Well prepare be more mad because she will be his love interest in next movie
>>
File: 1479064197697.png (182KB, 503x1009px) Image search: [Google]
1479064197697.png
182KB, 503x1009px
>>93676036
Zendaya kinda reminds me her
>>
>>93680086
I actually kind of like the aloof, "I'm too smart for this shit" kind of character she is. But jesus christ is she annoying and 110% not MJ.

>sits in detention because she likes sketching people in "crises"
>makes comments about the Washington Monument being built by slaves
>>
>>93680134
I firstly though she is stalking Peter
>>
>>93680134
> jesus christ is she annoying.
BUT that's exactly what is She in Slott's run
>>
Toomes was based, he was small-scale compared to the usual MCU villains and was well aware of it and what he wanted.

Wasn't a fan of certain scenes being played off as comedy though, it's like Doctor Strange where I feel like it could've been done with less quips and jokes to have a bit more gravitas.

Zendaya was funny at first but the joke got old quick and the twist is going to fall hard. She's nothing at all like MJ even by MCU standards and it feels like Feige wanted to shock people and didn't think it through.
>>
>>93680074
>I didn't read

That's the point I've been getting at
>>
>>93680209
>>Fiege
I think you mean Sony.
>>
Where is the prowler hype? I can't wait to see what Donald Glover does with him
>>
>>93680228
Sony's retarded enough to do that shit alone as it is, just look at the plans they had for ASM.
>>
>>93680209
One scene stood out to me in particular, the bus fight scene with Black Shocker. He's fighting this dude when all of a sudden he sees gum under the bus seats and make a quip? Jarring as fuck.

They also try to pull the AMS #33 moment, the iconic "throws debris off his back". But goddamn it was badly shot and they did not earn it. It reminded me a lot of what Snyder does, where he'll pay visual homage to a classic comic scene but completely forget little things like...context.
>>
File: Spider-Man's_Web.jpg (76KB, 633x527px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man's_Web.jpg
76KB, 633x527px
>>93680074
You only rely on what you know and you are totally unaware of the fact that there are over thirty years of stories. A lot of things happen in thirty years and a lot of writers have tried to update Spider-man. In the past, Spider-man relied on the Fantastic Four for new tech. Only in modern times, with Civil War, Peter and Tony become friends. The Spider-mobile thing was one of FF tech, a stupid one, yea.

Also consider that in comics Spider-man used a suit created by Tony during Civil war. In MCU we are in a full rewrite of Civil war, but from a certain point of view, comic events are also respected in the movies.

Ah before someone laments the 100 different web combinations in the movie, just remember... It's really nothing new.
>>
Isn't Sony one of the most "progressive" film companies right now?
I start asking that question recently because of Ghost Busters, The Dark Tower and etc.
>>
>>93680168
Not in that way, nice try numarvel
>>
>>93680335
There are a total of two main white characters in the movie, outside of the Iron Man cast. The hero and the villain.

May is ambiguously brown.
>>
>>93676036

I disagree entirely.

Why? The Vulture was the best thing about this movie, his motivation was clear and well thought out, his idea's were clever and his character made complete sense for who he is.

Micheal Keaton absolutely nailed it and highlights Toomes in a good way not usually seen before.

As for Tom Holland? He was a good Spidey, but you had Maguire playing essentially teenage dork 60's Peter, and Garfield playing 2000's, Ulitmate Peter.

Holland? Didn't really encapsulate any rendition of Spider-Man but nor did he really make it his own.

Tony Stark made Spider-Man in every way in this film.

>Gave him his suit.
>Gave him the 'Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man' tag line (as a joke and in a negative way nonetheless).
>Peter could do nothing right AT ALL while being a hero and Tony saves him at every turn (there was a spider-Man 2 moment that could've been awesome, nope, Tony saves everyone instead).
>The climatic moment of being a hero, Peter remembers Tony's words.
>Peter literally telling Tony "Without that suit, I'm nothing."

There was no real essence of a Spidey in this film, the film was 'Iron Man: The Beginning of Spider-Boy'.

Which is why I only rate it slightly above Spider-Man 3, this for me has been the second worst Spidey film to date.

Oh and at one point, Peter is shown to be scared of a great height. From a building that he scaled...

Yeah.

I'm not even going to get started on Flash Thomson.
>>
File: 1491116311365.jpg (13KB, 473x356px) Image search: [Google]
1491116311365.jpg
13KB, 473x356px
>>93680373
May is fucking Italian
>>
>>93680470
>How about we make the childhood bully act just like the brown dude from Parks and Rec
>>
>>93680472
Yeah, ambiguously brown. I'm Italian myself, I might count as white on paper, but my skin is darker than Halle Berry
>>
>>93680519
>Oh and 3 inches shorter than his victims, manlets are scary.
>>
>>93680538
Perchè sei un diversamente nordico.
>>
>>93680538
Semp caucasici simm
>>
So what was up with the "8 years later" at the beginning? Does that mean the film takes place in 2020?
>>
File: Marvel Trouble 1-730075.jpg (31KB, 250x391px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel Trouble 1-730075.jpg
31KB, 250x391px
Did they make May younger so they could adapt Trouble?
>>
>>93678913
>it's you who's out gobby! Out of your mind!
>>
>>93680644
The opening with Toomes was set right after Avengers, dingus
>>
>>93680960

and Avengers was 2012...
>>
File: s4dTtBy.jpg (86KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
s4dTtBy.jpg
86KB, 384x313px
>>93681139
>>
no uncle ben, no buy
>>
>>93681419
nobody likes uncle ben, not even peter. we uncle tony now. as far as peter is concerned the value of a man's worth is how much he has in his bank account.
>>
>>93681419
Again? Only Batman parents are killed more times than uncle Ben.
>>
>>93677364
Watched it an hour ago. During the film I realized, Keaton would've made a pretty good Norman.
>>
So...anyone hyped for Mac Gargan?
>>
>>93680049
cause he was going to snitch
>>
File: spiderpacha.png (2MB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
spiderpacha.png
2MB, 1280x1280px
>>93680119
>>
>Flash is a dick and Pete can't do anything because he'll oust himself
sounds like dikto Flash to me.
>>
>>93676496
>>93676683
Why are you so quick to take OP's thoughts on the movie as fact? Vulture was the best thing about the movie in my opinion.
>>
>>93679539
ultimate spider-man was pure trash
>>
File: 1479148266755.png (217KB, 951x833px) Image search: [Google]
1479148266755.png
217KB, 951x833px
>>93683500
>>
Is MJ as Tumblr as she seems in the previews? Dont dress nice, always protesting about something, dry sarcasm that no one likes, blames everyone else for her problems. That is what has me questioning the character. I could care less about her initials.
>>
File: Spidey bullies Ox.jpg (647KB, 600x861px) Image search: [Google]
Spidey bullies Ox.jpg
647KB, 600x861px
>>93682530
Flash is a verbal bully, can't Peter Parker AKA Spider-Man AKA the original bantz man of the Marvel Universe just tear Flash a new one with his words. You don't need superpowers to roast on someone.
>>
so what is the point of zendaya in the movie then? Just a nigger in the movie to prove muh diversity? fucking black people man, ruining it for everyone. I hope they make black panther a white boi to fuck with them in the reboot
>>
>>93683549
He's right.
>>
>>93683549
>Liking Bendis
lol
>>
>>93676036
>Villain is mostly dumb and boring
So fucking wrong.

He is up there with Ock. Maybe a little bit better even, since his primary motivation isn't "I've gone crazy because of mechanical tentacles"
>>
>>93680470
You missed the whole point of the movie, as Peter rejected Stark and did a pretty good job in his own.

Also He is afraid of climbing tall building because he's never done it before. He is literally starting out. No time to get used to it. The guy hasn't even gone outside of Queens as far as we know. It's great.
>>
>>93679063
They did a sort of energy shield for a character in AoS, maybe a cooler, more Captain America variant of that will show up on the big screen.
>>
>>93683957
No, he's not. Bendis is a faggot, but Ultimate Spider-man, although not always perfect, has done a good job modernizing the the character. At least before the timeskip is a classic.
>>
So, do they reveal Michelle's surname or not? I get she's MJ but I'm trying to understand if it's Jones or what. And i want to hear from someone who saw it
>>
>>93684714
It's Jones.
>>
>>93683720
Pete didn't fight back on bullies before the spider's bite, he's not gonna do it now.
>>
File: file.png (804KB, 1024x731px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
804KB, 1024x731px
shut up loser, let me suck your spider-cock
>>
>>93684765
In the comics make sense because flash was 2 times his size, homecoming spiderman is letting a manlet boss him around like a bitch
>>
>>93676920
You're wrong. Like, super wrong. You name a Spidey villain, he's probably good mostly for his personality and not for his superpowers.
>>
>>93676036
>-Villain is mostly dumb and boring, but you knew that was gonna happen, but there's a fucking cool late second-act twist with him that they pull off beautifully
WTF? Don't believe this fag guys. If you liked Raimy villains, you'll like Vulture.
>>
>>93682039
Apparently they only included him to plug "Silver & Black" where he'll be one of the Robot Master's henchmen.
>>
>>93683589
Yes. There's a scene where she goes on a rant about black slavery.
>>
>>93683589
>Is MJ as Tumblr as she seems in the previews?
Yes.

>"Enjoying the Washington Monument?
>"I can't enjoy something built by slaves."
>>
I don't mind the MJ thing but they at least could have given her red hair
>>
>>93684701
It's really not anything special if you take off nostalgia glasses and has shitty Bagley art.
>>
File: 037.jpg (95KB, 483x750px) Image search: [Google]
037.jpg
95KB, 483x750px
>>93685196
Name a better Venom than Bagley's
>>
>>93685027
>"Enjoying the Washington Monument?
>"I can't enjoy something built by slaves."

No, please.
>>
>>93685217
why does he look purple?
>>
>>93685220
It's not a deep moment, though. Her being an tryhard rebel is played for laughs.

>"Let's go. I wanna protest in front of an embassy."
>"Nothing more American than that."
>>
>>93685128
>>Said that on Tumblr
>>"You fucking racist"
Welp
>>
>>93685263
So she's just a dumbass?
>>
File: Ned4.jpg (37KB, 256x389px) Image search: [Google]
Ned4.jpg
37KB, 256x389px
So is there a reason that they put in a character who's clearly supposed to be Ganke Lee and called him Ned Leeds? Like, I get wanting to give Peter a best friend, and I get wanting to model the character after Ganke, and I even understand not wanting to actually call that character Ganke, since this movie's Spider-Man is Peter Parker, not Miles Morales...

But why Ned Leeds? The white dude that worked at the Daily Bugle sometimes and eventually became the Hobgoblin? What? Unless there's some connection I haven't yet made, Homecoming!Ned couldn't have less to do with Comics!Ned, it's like they just threw all the Spider-Man supporting cast character names in a hat and picked one at random.
>>
>>93685414
Jon Watts said Ned was pretty much an original character that they coincidentally named Ned, so much he's never referred by the surname "Leeds" in the movie. But since there's no plans for Ned Leeds' Hobgoblin they figure they might as well use him.
>>
>>93680644
fucking this, get your fucking timeline straight, Marvel
that bother me the entire movie
>>
>>93685563
>original character
Bullshit he's Ganke.
>>
>>93685217
Ramos'
>>
>>93686046

I really don't understand all the bitching.
They take stuff from here and there.

Ned is named after Ned Leeds from original universe. He is straight up based on Ganke from the second Ultimate Comics series.

Liz is named after Liz Allen, another character from the original series. Nobody is whining about the raceswap here, mind you. In the movie, she is Adrian Toomes' daughter. It's nothing like the comics but adds dramatic weight to the movie.

Hell, even a throwaway character from the movie, named after a character from the original supporting cast (Betty Brandt) looks totally like another character from that supporting cast (Gwen Stacy)

There have been no Gwen or Mary Jane versions in this universe. There is, however, an MJ. Think "Robin" at the end of The Dark Knight Rises.

It's an original take that takes references from here and there, which is something fans would've been grateful for when un-connected superhero films were coming out.
>>
>>93686367
I would like it to reveal Michelle Jones isn't her full name, it's Michelle Jones Jameson.
Granddaughter of J Jonah Jameson Sr and Daughter of J Jonah Jameson Jr
>>
>>93685217
Bendis underutilized Ultimate Venom.
>>
File: 1495939056941.jpg (102KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1495939056941.jpg
102KB, 1080x1080px
What comic does Aunt May learn about Peter being Spiderman?
>>
>>93686393
You know what? Im ok with this if true. I suppose they could still bring in Watson later if they wanted
>>
>>93686367

>Think "Robin" at the end of The Dark Knight Rises.

Fuck you, I was willing to give this movie a chance, but that Robin moment from TDKR was fucking insulting.
>>
File: IMG_0170.jpg (124KB, 531x709px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0170.jpg
124KB, 531x709px
Can anyone who's seen it describe the new suit at the end of the movie?

I've seen some say it's got more red and black. I've seen others say it has more gold trim?

Anyone wanna confirm?
>>
>>93679859
Totally white, but if I ever met you I would tear out your scrotum with my teeth.
>>
>>93688262
Are you talking about the one Stark tries to give him? Because it looks similar to the Iron Spider but Peter rejects it
>>
>>93687032
At the end of JMS's first story arc. Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 2 #35, or #476 if you're going by the original numbering.
>>
>>93679740
merifag here, what kind of gadgets did he have?
>>
>>93688378

Yeah whatever suit is not the one always being shown
>>
>>93686367
The thing is when this movie was being touted around in development one of the big selling points was the fact that they were planning on loading it up with classic Spidey characters.

Instead most of the characters are OCs, and the ones they did use are in name only. Even Ned wasn't supposed to be Ned originally. It was just a coincidence.
>>
>>93677198
fuck me, ITS NOT THE SAME SPIDEY from the comics. They can do stuff differently! I thought it was amazing they managed to do the spidey getting crushed part in as I see that as a more iconic moment from the comics. Aunt mays ending was great. We will see the reprocussions of it eventually!
>>
>>93688262
At the end, Stark offers him a new suit. It's not similar to the gold/burgundy Iron Spider at all, it's actually like the one he uses throughout the whole movie, but the chest spider is bigger and covers the whole torso. The edges of the design are golden. Pete rejects it and then comes the Pepper cameo.

At the very end of the film, we find out Tony gives him back the suit from the whole movie, it's not clear if it's stripped of all the Stark tech or not, Aunt May is at the door when Pete is not facing her (because fuck spider sense in this movie), she says "what the fuck" and The Ramones start playing.
>>
>>93680754
is there any ... erm... more cover art
>>
>>93688610
Stop. No good came come from this.
>>
>>93688505

We see either adaptations or different takes of:
>Tinkerer
>Vulture
>Shocker
>Flash
>Liz
>Betty
>Ned

Plus Ultimate Prowler and a tease for Miles.
I like this take and would like to see where it goes. Think of it as another Ultimate launch, canonically separate from all the Spidey you know but with several nods to it, taking place in the Marvel movies. Also, it's a coherent story as opposed to the editing mess that, say, Suicide Squad is.
>>
>>93684964
It's one line....hardly at all a 'rant'
>>
>>93684230
He was fantastic. Had a great justifucation for why he was doing and the best villains are always the ones who think they are right.
>>
>>93688680
What's the Miles tease?
>>
>>93688722
Who fucking cares?
>>
>>93688722
prowler says he has a nephew to protect
>>
>>93688733
I'm just curious, ya fucking dingus.
>>93688758
Oh, I didn't even connect that dot.
>>
>>93677279
sounds like the first spiderman but with a more hateable actor for spidey
>>
>>93676775
Objectively I probably should concede to Shadow King actually being a good villain in the show. But that whole twist really soured things for me. Here's a character where the entire concept is he's mentally ill and powered and his own mind is the biggest danger to him and everyone else, and they take that and really run with it even building up all these Silent Hill like mental representations of parts of him and are creepy as fuck.

Then twist reveal of nah, actually it's all just a villain messing with him. Gutted the show's concept and made it a lot more simplistic making his "illness" just a literally villain to hit, made a lot of what was built up meaningless and is a step too far from the character premise for me.
>>
>>93688775
Sorry, I just have a trigger finger when it comes to shitting on Miles I suppose. Id sooner believe Prowler suiting up than Miles appearing in the MCU. Why? Because the general audience doesnt give a fuck about Miles, he doesnt have his own identity, and Peter is too young in this universe
>>
>>93688785
Tom is a qt please no bully
>>
>>93685027
>>"Enjoying the Washington Monument?
>>"I can't enjoy something built by slaves."
>>Theater erupts in cheers
>>Black women start crying in joy
>>Black guys stand up shouting "YEAH! That how it is!"
>>"WE WAZ KANGS!"
>>Jay-Z starts blaring in the black of the theater
>>Low rider car drives in through the side of the theater, starts bouncing up and down
>>Full on party happening within the theater
>>The smell of weed starts to fill the room.
>>
>>93688867
He's shit. A manlet with a tranny voice.
>>
>>93688821
>Sorry, I just have a trigger finger when it comes to shitting on Miles I suppose.
I mean, that's fair.
>>
>>93688897
Speaking of tranny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IajaZSPvLWk
>>
>>93685217
McFarlane.
>>
That "this is fine" dog on the laptop.
The return of Coulson.
The new cap´s shield.
Hot cakes as aunt May and Pepper Potts.
That Tony Stark proposal.
Happy being BTFO by Tony for being such a dick to Peter.
That new spidey suit!!! btw, was it Friday Karen?
That based Vulture with family codes.

It´s a shame what they did to Flash. There was too much ethnicity even for a MCU movie.
>>
>>93688722
Donald Glover is Aaron Davis (Prowler from Ultimate Comics) in the film, he mentions he has a nephew living in the area (who would be Miles). He's a gangster getting Chitauri tech from the Vulture gang, so him being Prowler could or couldn't happen. But the tease is there.
>>
>>93676036
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiUEqee7pO4
>>
>>93676036
>They have whizzed the character of Aunt May down their legs all the way in a single movie
What does this mean
>>
>>93688984
Coulson does not show up, what are you talking about anon?
Also, Friday wasn't Karen. She's another AI entirely. Voiced by Jennifer Connelly, who's Paul Bettany's wife. Y'know, JARVIS.
>>
>>93689052
Sorry, I had to watch it dubbed with my nephews. Also there was that robo arm who saved Tony´s life. Happy was a dick with it too.
I mean when the cops and suit people appears after the bank rob I swear I watched Coulson but he turned his face off the camera.
>>
>>93688867
he just has such a punchable face
>>
>>93689226
Not to mention the voice.
>>
>start with the suit tony gave him, conventional design
cool
>later half used his first, hooded suit
neato
>rejected tony's overly designed suit
fuck yeah.

Also, am I the only one who found "Damage Control" funny ?
>>
>>93689233
would punch in the voicebox/10
>>
File: IMG_20170706_221406.jpg (72KB, 364x647px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170706_221406.jpg
72KB, 364x647px
Fuck y'all it was good
>>
>>93676036
>Vulture was dumb and boring

Bull fucking shit. He was pretty refreshing compared to the usual villains you find in these movies. Very sympathetic, but also very threatening. It's a shame he isn't given more screen time, Keaton absolutely killed it.

I just thought the movie was ok. Pro tip: if you call your film John Hughes esque, 90% of the time you're talking out of your ass.
>>
>>93689524
>but also very threatening

that intimate car scene near the end had so much potential, it could have reached Tarantino levels. It's too bad it didn't go further, or at least not kill it with a joke
>>
So was Birdman supposed to setup Vulture? or was it merely coincidence? serious inquiry. all responses welcome
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 160x90px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 160x90px
This is your Spidey Suit, say something nice about her. She cares about you and wants you to be happy.
>>
>>93688262
Its Iron Spider-esq
>>
>>93689631
She has a decent ass. Not the greatest but not bad. She might be a little on the petite side.
>>
I really love the homemade made costume. Remind me of OG Scarlet Spider
>>
>>93689631

>something nice

best live action eyes
>>
>>93689631
the breasts aren't that noticeable?
>>
>>93688505
>gets upset that NED LEEDS is not portrayed authentically in a cartoon character movie
imagine being this guy
>>
Anyone else realize the pun with the Vulture? It didn't hit me until like 15 minutes in.
>>
>>93688583
Oh god, I hope he uses that suit in Infinity War.
>>
>>93689933
Like how he scavenges alien tech for parts like how real life vultures scavenge for dead meat?
>>
>>93690039
Yeah. I wasn't a fan of the bad guys not making their own tech until I realized that yeah, vultures pick corpses.
>>
>>93688583
iron man takes spidermans suit away? like wtf
>>
>>93690120
well he made it so....
>>
So are there any Falcon jokes regarding Toomes' alter ego? Also what made him choose the design anyway in this universe?
>>
Was Donald Glover in it for more than a single scene? What was the point of him being there?
>>
>>93690238
Possible build up for Miles Morales, has established younger relative
>>
File: new suit.jpg (210KB, 599x600px) Image search: [Google]
new suit.jpg
210KB, 599x600px
>>93688262
It's kinda hybrid of Iron Spidey & All-new Spider-man
>>
>>93676915
ah yes, deflect to the other company to justify how shit your argument is
>>
>>93678834
>if its not white its a sjw
back to /pol/
>>
I kinda felt bad for Flash. He's a brainlet that gets shown up by Peter constantly without him even trying. Also Peter steals and wrecks his car.
>>
When I'm says Penis . You says Parker.
>>
>>93690283
How would you build up Miles when hes too young/got NOTHING going for him and who the fuck cares? GA doesnt give a shit and only care about Peter
>>
File: Do not want.png (728KB, 766x568px) Image search: [Google]
Do not want.png
728KB, 766x568px
Your face when they made MJ a nignog.
>>
>>93690203
kid peter sucks ass. i wanna see grown ass peter parker
>>
>Stan Lee dies within the month
Will that guarantee this movie $1 bil?
>>
>>93676274
It pulled a TDKR with the real name thing, a Capt America: Winter Soldier with the old suit thing, a BvS with the powerful mineral in the rubble thing, a Toby M. Spiderman with the just doing teenager things thing.. But still, fucking great movie. 8.8/10
>>
>its been 8 years since the events of avengers 1

Fucking how?
>>
File: Itshim.png (266KB, 277x536px) Image search: [Google]
Itshim.png
266KB, 277x536px
Name one (1) Marvel character that could hope to defeat him.

Protip: you can't
>>
>>93690764
The battle in new york was on 2009 on MCU timeline.
>>
>>93690764
The MCU supposedly happens in real time but I think that was in error because like, in Civil War they say Tony came out as Iron Man 8 years ago.
But then they say the Avengers are only just moving Upstate when they're already there by Ant-Man/AoU, except this is obviously after Civil War because they say Captain America is probably a war criminal..

...My point is this is Doctor Strange's fault. This is why you don't fucks with time.
>>
>>93690803
He can outyell Black Bolt.
>>
>>93690834
The established the new Avengers place but they havent picked and settled yet until this movie. Still checks out.
>>
>>93676036
Just got back

-Holland is GOAT Spidey and Pete and it's not even close
-Two good action set pieces, suprisingly brutal fight with Vulture for the new "kid friendly" Spidey but not Gobby/ El Train tier
- Strong character focus on Pete, but not his love life and not angsty
- Vulture is best MCU villain, but not great
- Ned was okay, the other supporting cast (Flash, Not MJ, and Liz) were barely developed but that's fine
- Neat twist
- THAT PANEL. THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN

Overall, bretty gud but not as good as top tier Raimi (1&2)
>>
>>93690983
Which panel? If this be my destiny?
>>
>>93690983
Panel?
>>
File: heroic lift.gif (150KB, 432x633px) Image search: [Google]
heroic lift.gif
150KB, 432x633px
>>93691072
>>93691073
>>
>>93690511
i know. and shoehorning a gay kid with generic lines during P.E. class. Fucking Holywood...
>>
I'm just here for the butthurt when /pol/ finds out that MJ and Flash are not white.
>>
>>93690511
I don't really care that much about race changing, but if you change a character's appearance, personality, and name, why not just make them an original character?
>>
>>93691207
Watch the movie idiot. It is an original character.
>>
File: 998DCKPLT_John_Wesley_Shipp_001.jpg (58KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
998DCKPLT_John_Wesley_Shipp_001.jpg
58KB, 720x540px
>>93691207
race changing is changing the character's appearance you fucking retard
>>
>>93691218
>>93691207
Their NotMJ is more like Ultimate Gwen Stacy, but I agree with the point.
>>
>>93691218
Then why call her MJ. Mary Jane is a ginger. Why make her mixed?
>>
>>93690983
Vulture is great though.

What doesn't make him great? He should literally have his own movie, he's so much better than the entire MCU cast of villains and heroes.
>>
>>93691207

They did. Her name just happens to be short for MJ.

>>93691256
Mary Jane does not have the monopoly on the name abbreviation of MJ.
>>
>>93691256
Becuase it's a homage more than anything else. She isn't going to be much of anything anyway.
>>
I like how Flash is more of a "rich prick" bully than just a generic jock bully, which would make no fucking sense at a tech school.
>>
>>93691272
>Her name just happens to be short for MJ.
Yeah, I'm sure it's a complete coincidence and there's no intended connection to Mary Jane.
>>
>>93687032
ASM #400
Fuck the bullshit JMS OMD crap.
>>
>>93691264
Michael Keaton is based but I needed more to see him as truly great. What that "more" is I can't quite put my finger on. I thought the prologue was janky and I would like to have seen more about how he went from entrepreneur to villain.

Im glad they didn't kill him
>>
>>93691287
Well said.
>>93691376
She shares nothing with Mary Jane Watson besides initials. Stop with this fucking meme. She is not the same person. Watch the movie. If you think MJ when you watch it, or find out about her dad than you know nothing about Spider-Man.
>>
>>93676036
Is there moments in this movie I should see in 3d?
>>
>>93691202
what a strange feeling this is. waiting in the wings. ready to pounce on any shade slinging noob about to crack a smile
>>
>>93691430
There really isn't more to show of his origin. He's a construction worker that got screwed over and basically became leader of a gang of bad guys. Simple, but I thought it was effective.
>>
>>93691452
Nah, but I might be biased. The only capeshit I've liked in 3D were the Guardians flicks and Dr. Strange.
>>
>>93691435
Isn't Michelle a character in some of the comics anyways? Some /co/ threads confirmed that, I thought
>>
>>93691464
Wonder how he will play out with the next movie and mid-credits scene character.
>>
>>93691464
It was a good origin change. I liked the blue collar bad guy angle and the design was top. I did like the simplicity, but we will have to agree to disagree.
>>
>>93676274
>100% wholecloth new character
She's honestly the modern equivalent of Hippy Mary Jane, except she isn't going out with literally everyone (Like fuck, Mary Jane hit on and lead on Flash while she was dating Peter and fucking Flash calls her out for fucking with Peter)
>>
>>93691482
>mid-credits scene character.
Scorpion
>>
>>93676496
Vulture was great. Like, actually was pretty clever too, and was channeling a bit of Green Gobby at the end.
>>
>>93691546
Fuck I just realized based Vaas from Far Cry is Gargan. Hype
>>
>>93691546
>Mac "The Mexican Manlet" Gargan

No thanks fag
>>
>>93691165
Yeah when that happened I got super hype.
>>
File: Mary Jane.jpg (180KB, 554x831px) Image search: [Google]
Mary Jane.jpg
180KB, 554x831px
So is there ANY hope that Mary Jane could pop up later? Christ I just want one of Peters friends to be in this
>>
>>93691573
Stop acting like Gargan hasnt been shit for years, you're lucky he even showed up considering how often hes been dragged through the mud
>>
>>93678834
>You're forgetting that she's also an annoying, ugly, moody SJW who's a unique and special snowflake who wants to get down with some protesting and is so totally not like, your grandma's MJ, anon.
Literally all of that but one is literally describing MJ from the comics.
>>
>>93691654
doubtful. I don't think nuMJ will have much of anything to do in the movies that are not directly spiderman titled and the next spidey movie is many years off.
>>
>>93691165
I actually thought that was really poorly done and didn't have nearly the gravitas the original did. Saving Aunt May vs stopping a plane?
>>
Hijacking your thread, an old man died in our auditorium that we were showcasing the movie in right before our premiere showing.

Fun times abound
>>
>>93691698
No, when Vulture trapped him under the rubble and he was freaking out but then dug deep for the hero moment. It was more about him realizing no one was coming to save him and he had to man up and save himself. Was it as good as the original? Most things aren't my friend.
>>
>>93679754
>Also another Spider-Man who is terrible at keeping his identity secret. Very in-character amirite.
Peter in the comics was literally autistically bad at keeping his identity.
At multiple times he literally only got saved by pure fucking magically good luck, or bullshit that wouldn't pass in real life.
>Yo Ill just fill my costume with web and swing it out the window just as everyone is convienently meeting about how I might be spiderman. Fucking A Game Peter, not suspicious at all
>>
>>93691698

the scenes were about two different things. The Homecoming version is where Peter finally truly becomes Spider-man, not relying on Iron Man or anyone else to save him, digging deep and finding the strength to get back up and save himself so he can get the job done for once
>>
>>93691764
>Be old man
>Grew up with original Spider-man comics
>Huge fan through your whole life
>Wanna make it through one more Spidey flick
>Give up the ghost right before the premiere

Fuck, man. That sucks.
>>
Okay one thing that did bug me.
Not enough spider-sense at all.
>>
>>93691864
oh fuck, completely forgot about that. was it in the movie at all?
>>
>>93691864
He has it, they just didnt make a spectacle of it with slo-mo and violin screeching
>>
>>93680134
>makes comments about the Washington Monument being built by slaves
Yeah, Mary Jane in the comics would be protesting the war in Vietnam and complaining about how she's a free spirit, man

Also she'd be a horrible person. (Seriously, am I the only person who remembers MJ treating Pete like shit early on?)
>>
>>93690803
Is this Kino?
>>
>>93691679
>Gargan is shit
>let's cast him as a PoC, because they have brown skin, see? Like literal shit!

/pol/ please go
>>
>>93691764
That sucks so much. Poor bastard did not even get to see the flick first.
>>
>>93691685
With enough audience screeching it might happen but who knows, its years away like you said. Casual fans expect Peter to hook up with somebody, like its an obligation, and they certainly cant use Gwen again.
>>
>>93691930
I didnt say shit about his race numbnuts. You acted like Gargan being raceswapped was a big damn deal when in truth even hardcore comicfags probably dont even give a shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (768KB, 2001x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
768KB, 2001x1334px
>>93688262
>>
>>93685027
>Reminder that Mary Jane was exactly like this in the comics until she got her character completely remodeled
>>
>>93692015
I'm so fucking glad he turned down that suit
>>
>>93692015
I do like the Iron Spider nod
>>
>>93689861
>Reminder that Ned Leeds was actually cucked by Peter
>Then he went full circle, punched out Pete and dragged his girl back, pretty much threatening her if she ever tried it again

>He started off as a literal who who was only there to win over Petes girl first
He was a strange character
>>
>>93691654
I honestly can't figure out what ever made MJ appealing aside from red head and tits.

Her personality was complete shit, she was the kind of person to flirt with literally anyone WHILE she was going out with Pete, and then when they got rid of that, she was literally just a blank female love interest with a quirky catchphrase.
>>
>>93679044
Yup.
>>
is the CGI shitty like all the other MCU movies?
>>
>>93692414
Yes
>>
>>93692015
I LOVE IT
>>
>>93692450
Well its the last time you'll ever see it
>>
>>93683432
>Anon, you'll totally enjoy Loki
>Anon, you'll totally enjoy Ultron
>Anon, you'll totally enjoy Darren Cross
>Anon, you'll totally enjoy Kilgrave
>Anon, you'll totally enjoy Kaecillus
Because I got burned way too many times for OP not to sound plausible.
>>
>>93676036
Just saw it as well. They should have done more with Vulture because his design and Keaton's acting skills were fucking awesome! They seriously nailed the flightsuit. I was kind of rooting for Vulture just to see more of that thing. His crew was also kind of cool. >>93677892 said it best.

The "twist" was pretty cool - little too convenient, but still well done.

Aunt May was boring, but god damn was she hot. They did the right thing.

The credits animation was way too cool. I don't know why but I reallt enjoyed that part.

I really liked it. It wasn't perfect, but it had a good amount to offer. Looking forward to more.
>>
>everyone whining about MJ
>no one talk about how flash is a skinny little nerd
>no smack talk against peter or being a physical bully
>black flash
>black liz
>black MJ
>black shocker

it's like you morons are freaking out on the wrong thing. There are so many white bois turned black in this movie. jesus christ, how can this shit even take off. guess all the niggers will the one to seed the box office
>>
>>93692856
>Keaton's acting skills
This is a given, dude has always been GOAT, shame Batman ruined his rep for years.
>>
>>93692890
Hello /pol/, took you long enough. Go back to complaining about a fake dox done by CNN kid.
>>
>sexy hot aunt may in civil war
>fully dolled up with make up and sex vibe
>shitty wrinkle italian lady in spiderman

what the fuck happened? did they switch make up artist or what? there is literally no sex vibe with this aunt may at all and she is flat as shit with cringy dance move
>>
>>93692931
I'd still fuck her. And you would too.
>>
File: spider-man-rubble-108744.jpg (500KB, 1270x1231px) Image search: [Google]
spider-man-rubble-108744.jpg
500KB, 1270x1231px
They ruined one of the coolest moments.
>>
File: 1377967434780.jpg (38KB, 544x400px) Image search: [Google]
1377967434780.jpg
38KB, 544x400px
>>93688868
Saved
>>
>>93676036
>-Villain is mostly dumb and boring
He was interesting as the only (or main) villian. Michael Keaton acting was so good it was like wathcing a guest character in a cartoon, like Johnny Bravo in adventure time.

I hated almost everything about the movie, I was sure you all will agree since you hate almost anything. Why the love?
Is it because of that terrible Flash Thompson?
That terrible MJ?
That terrible "love interest"?
Those terrible "awesome dude" quotes between him and the nerd friend?
That terrible suit?
That terrible "same meme MILF" acting of aunt May?
Those terrible combat abilities?
That terrible camera?
That terrible music selection?

Or are you trying to say it was fresh? Why would I want that? Why not something about the freaking comics?
>>
>>93688868
This is why I can't enjoy MCU movies.
>>
Just got back from the movie and I liked it.

Positives:
> Tom Holland as Spiderman
> The Vulture was a major highlight and one of the most memorable MCU movies by far
> That 'twist' actually surprised me
> The dynamic between Peter Parker and his friend was pretty funny
> The humor while being awkward managed to get a laugh out of me
> Tony Stark played an actual role in the movie with a purpose without weighing it down
> The romantic moments with Liz was actual pretty well done
> Fucking Karen
> Michelle Johnson aka: "black MJ" translated by /pol/ was a cool character and hardly really ever played as a romantic interest except for maybe a few questionable moments
> Whenever Spiderman was trying to be a hero but trying to do small things I found it pretty funny and was how I imagined it would be like with Spiderman in training. Ex. when that guy was trying to get in his car with a crowbar and got the shit kicked out of him by spiderman because he thought he was a car thief so his neighbors got pissed off

Negatives:
> I am not so sure I am happy with Spiderman being so reliant on tech rather than his spider sense, I know that even in the Sam Raimi trilogy his spider sense had been unreliable in some cases but when he was trying to save the people on that boat I don't see why he couldn't have used his instincts to pinpoint the strongest pillars for support without karen helping pointing those directly to him but still miss a crucial area
> The casting of Flash Thompson, can't take him seriously. I know they were going for a fuckboi personality but he seems like the type to get bullied while also being one.
> Michelle being a romantic interest came off as kind of stalker but I couldn't really tell since both peter and his friend came across as if they were friends with her already.
> one of the ending scenes while hilarious was giant middle finger to me
>>
>>93693734
>Is it because of that terrible Flash Thompson?
He was an annoying pajeet but I think he needs to be more annoying or at least threatening.

>Those terrible "awesome dude" quotes between him and the nerd friend?
>the nerd friend?
That fat fuck almost ruined the whole movie for me. Glad I didn't give him enough fucks at that time.

>That terrible music selection?
I used to to love them, but hearing it now is just terrible. Maybe I grew out of it?

Overall it's a good Spiderboy movie. I like to see where things go and how he progress closer to being Spiderman, unless if some Sony fuckers decide to ruin it.
>>
>People hating how Zendaya was annoying
Uhh wasn't MJ pretty much that at the start but then chilled out and "developed" adter a while?

I'm sure all thos Stacyfags from back then when she was i trpduced hated her guts just as much.
>>
>>93693809
anyway I give this an 8/10

Spiderman 2>>>>>>>> Spiderman 1 = SM: homecoming> Amazing Spiderman>>>>>>>>> Pigshit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Amazing Spiderman 2 = Spiderman 3
>>
>>93692470
If you thinknhe won't don the suit for infinity war, you're retarded.
>>
>>93693809
>I know that even in the Sam Raimi trilogy his spider sense had been unreliable in some cases
I knew something was off in this movie. Is it just me or this Peter Parker hasn't shown ANY sign that he uses spidey senses?
>>
>>93693840
>He was an annoying pajeet but I think he needs to be more annoying or at least threatening.

If they at least made him out to be bullied and at the same time be an actual fuckboi to peter it actually could possibly work
>>
>>93693865
I guess his enhanced reflexes might be a sign he uses it but in this one he is so goddamn clumsy so I don't know.
>>
>>93693734
>all fags can pull out is not muh arguments

Every fucking time.
>not muh wonder woman
>not muh guardians
>not muh winter soldier
>not muh wolverine

It's like poetry, it rhymes.

The script was well paced, the characters, while all one note, were never too grating and threw in some nice lines, the protagonist was appealing while still feeling well rounded, the antagonist was intimidating yet multifaceted, and the scope was just perfect for the film they were going for.

They wanted to do a solid 8/10 movie to introduce Spider-Man to a new generation and by god they succeeded. Nobody gives a shit about whether background character #3 is the correct skin color, all that matters is if the film itself works.
>>
>>93680063
It was respect
>>
>>93693865
Technically, isn't Webswinging only possible because Spidey has spidersense and shit?

Like the momentum, the way he moves his body, etc.?
>>
>>93691496
Dating used to be different.
>>
>>93680037
I swear i heard people yell out their reddit usernames when that happened
>>
>>93693899
They're running out of time to try and convince people not to see this movie so their shill skills are in overdrive.

It'll only get worse after the movie comes out too because they'll be desperate to push the accepted consensus that the movie was shit like they've been continually struggling to do with Civil War, Dr. Strange and GOTG2.
>>
>>93692015
>>93692069
Iron Spider and that Spidey PS4 game for 2018.
>>
>>93693940
I'm not going to lie though, I laughed at that scene but at the same time pretty pissed off.
>>
File: IMG_0672.jpg (73KB, 646x536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0672.jpg
73KB, 646x536px
>>93679984
Heh.
>>
>>93688449
its mostly different webshooter stuff. Like theres a taser webshooter and web grenade. He also has an AI in his suit and also that little spider drone that comes out of his chest emblem
>>
>>93693899
What the fuck are you talking about? Since when I have to accept Peter not having the feelings he had on the comics? Or the friends? Or powers?

New and different and progressist is not any better. It is different from the old ones but too forced
>>
>>93693865
Used it in Civil War when Bucky or Falcon throw something at him and he avoids it
>>
>>93693850
This top is perfect. I didn't liked Homecoming but yeah, all those were garbage
>>
>>93693911
yeah also his awareness of where he shoots his web and everything is because of his sense
>>
>>93692792
Vulture is far more grounded and small scale; overall well done. Looking back I only have two complaints (spoilers):

Vulture talks a lot about killing people, and while its a "descent" in the fact that he didn't mean to do it the first time, it came off as jarring when compared to the sympathetic aspects of his character.

He didn't need to pull a gun in the car scene nor be so disturbed when he found out that Peter was Spiderman. Peter was already visibly shook by the time the time they got to the homecoming. It had already been shown that he was plenty capable of killing Spiderman right there and then. Holistically, the character need to be slightly more sympathetic and less murderous for it to shine. A cool and collected villain would of had much more of an impact.
>>
How bad is Tony in this?
>>
File: 0a1.jpg (27KB, 428x410px) Image search: [Google]
0a1.jpg
27KB, 428x410px
>>93694235
>spiderman 1, homecoming and amazing spiderman are garbage

Wha-?
>>
>>93694322
I didn't said that. I was like: even if don't like homecoming, it is above of that crap.
Seriously...
>>
>>93694317
I think is the same as always. But I didn't saw IronMan 3 so I don't know how would be a shitty Tony
>>
File: well_I'm_retarded.png (134KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
well_I'm_retarded.png
134KB, 500x522px
>>93694351
oh, you mean spiderman 3 and asm 2, sorry I misread
>>
>>93676036
I've never seen a character so nerfed
>>
File: 1464637259137.png (516KB, 661x371px) Image search: [Google]
1464637259137.png
516KB, 661x371px
>>93694371
Ok, Im not mad since I think we agree in some point and you didnt said anything too stupid.
>>
>>93694365
It was more of a question of how much they pushed him.
>>
>>93694317
His performance is super phoned in but he's not in it a lot. It's definitely not Iron Man 4 he gets like 10 minutes of screen time combined.
>>
>>93694410
Well, he is not 100% on the movie but the whole story turns around him. Spiderman is nerfed to oblivion so Tony can look as a cooler and better character
>>
>>93694399
> I think we agree in some point and you didnt said anything too stupid.

such as? also nice dubs
>>
>>93678834
>You're forgetting that she's also an annoying, ugly, moody SJW who's a unique and special snowflake who wants to get down with some protesting and is so totally not like, your grandma's MJ, anon.

You mean the standard anti-establish character archetype that existed since the fucking 90s
>>
>>93694449
Tobey Spiderman (1&2) was almost perfect being simple and good. It didnt need all those characters to "fit in"
>>
>>93694524
> It didnt need all those characters to "fit in"

what do you mean?
>>
I've seen it yesterday. Pretty good, definitely the best Spidey movie I've seen (despite the general appreciation for them, I never really cared much about the Raimi ones)
The best part were Holland, that really works as Peter, though I would have preferred him to be a bit more wisecracking as Spidey, and Vulture, that since he was announced I never really believed he could work, since he's pretty C-list even as a Spidey and he was obviously chosen because all the better ones were already used in the previous movies, but was really pleasantly surprised

I actually liked how they made Flash while I didn't like how they made MJ. Characters need, in adaptations, to be, well, adapted to the setting and time period of when the adaptation is made, like the original is still a product of the mentality of its time (or the rejection of it)
That's why I never liked Maguire's Peter. He was extremely similar to the character from the original, Lee and Ditko's comics, but in the 2000s he looked more like a parody of a nerd than a real character, at least in my opinion. Pajeet Flash worked because, at least in Spidey's high school days, he was a bully and little else, and they adapted that concept pretty well in the new setting, since a jock bully in a science and technology school wouldn't fit in at all. On the other hand MJ had literally nothing to do with the original. In the comics she was the center of the party, only to have the reason for that revealed later. In the movie it's the opposite, a character that actively antagonize everybody and has no friends
>>
Anyone else wish they played the ramones cover of the Spider-Man theme during the end credits?
>>
>>93694714
I cant believe they didnt.
>>
File: 1486534983423.jpg (24KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1486534983423.jpg
24KB, 350x350px
so what does the "Insta Kill Mode" do?
>>
>>93694874
idk but i love the interrogation mode as a jab at Batman.
>>
>>93691764
His name wasn't Ben by any chance was it?
>>
The way his costume was handled was fucking perfect, fuck the contrarians. We get to have Spider-Man in a good looking, interesting, and functional costume, that also makes sense from a story perspective, but we also get to see what he would have to get by with if Tony didn't get involved.
>>
DO A FLIP
>>
Keaton was perfect, but it's also a shame they wasted him on Vulture, he would've made an amazing Norman.
>>
So any chance of this Flash being Agent Venom down the line?
>>
>>93695221
Of course it was handled. Tony Stark handed it to him well for his character not liking things handed to himself. Fuck the suit and fuck the movie.

Of course summer shitposters are going to love it. They would be praising One More Day if they ever read it too.
>>
>>93693865
Did you notice the way he didn't fucking die while doing all of those stunts? Spider sense.
>>
>>93695257
Yeah having a guy sew for the first time in his life and make a perfect RAISED WEBBING costume is much better.
>>
File: 1499410150691.jpg (23KB, 398x500px) Image search: [Google]
1499410150691.jpg
23KB, 398x500px
>all the accidental damage Peter caused due to his inexperience that they just let be and didn't shove down our throats in further exposition as "LOOK AT HOW FLAWED AND WELL WRITTEN HE IS OTHER PEOPLE ARE BERATING HIM FOR THIS"
>>
Not having Pete mope around for more than half the film is such a refreshing change, holy fuck.
>>
>>93695296
Better than a whiny dependent little shit desperate for Iron-senpai to notice him.
>>
>>93676496
Go watch the movie first. The villain team was the best put on screen so far, it was a perfect foil for Peter, the street level hero. And the villain being your girlfriend's dad was amazingly done, fuck you.
>>
>>93695332
>Spiderman knocks down the treehouse you and your dad spent a week building together
>Damage Control comes in the morning and takes it away
FUCK
>>
>>93695369
It was Disney's way of telling Sony that they're their bitch now. Tony=MCU, Pete=Sony.
>>
>>93695424
>Marvel eventually gets back Fantastic Four
>Mr Fantastic invents a device that renders Doctor Doom weak and on his knees
>"Okay Doom, I will let you up, if you agree to acknowledge that I am superior at tactics than you"
RICHAARRRRRRRDSSS!
>>
>>93692015
Iron Spider for Infinity?
>>
How many credit scenes are there
>>
Why did Toomes and Liz have different last names?
>>
>>93695765
Two, the last one is joke for those who remain until the very end.
>>
>>93695779
Maybe she's his daughter by marriage, maybe she's adopted, there are a couple of reasons why
>>
>>93695250
He does not strike me as a military guy in this incarnation. He's a rich nerd.
>>
>>93695823

I just wondered if there was an explanation I missed.
>>
>>93693864
Wow you missed the entire point of that scene
>>
>>93692015
>Stark tries to give Peter Ben Reilly's suit
>He turns it down
Heh.
>>
>>93696166
Actually i really it, but it's better this way.
>>
File: RCO063_1468803120.jpg (478KB, 1041x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RCO063_1468803120.jpg
478KB, 1041x1600px
>Karen's mentioned that Peter have various web abilities
Oh please, they make a scene of Spidey making a web-shield or a web-bat & etc. in the future film.
>>
File: Wbe0eBl.jpg (1MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
Wbe0eBl.jpg
1MB, 1936x2592px
>>93695296
I have literally seen a high school kid make his own Spider-Man costume as a first-time cosplay project.

There's really no excuse for Peter's homemade suit being so shit except as a dumb gag.
>>
>>93694886
Honestly the suit not only having a female voice but a sarcastic one as well makes me wonder if the guy who thought about it played Fallout New Vegas.
>>
>>93691864
Yeah, was it even there?
>>
>>93696325
If he made it himself without using any sort of plan or similar instructions, then yeah, that example works. Saying people in the real world can imitate Spider-Man well doesn't work if we're talking about their fucking inspiration doing this. Peter didn't print out a fabric guide from a cosplay website.
>>
>>93696534
Peter could have easily done a costume that is around the same quality the Homecoming suit was.

https://www.amazon.com/ONeill-Wetsuits-Reactor-Black-X-Large/dp/B004I44QLS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499340189&sr=8-1&keywords=O%27Neill+wetsuit

Or if you're too obsessed with comic lore like me you could do the pieces part part.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003UC1KI6/ref=twister_B01ETDZBWK?th=1
https://www.amazon.com/Defender-Compression-Baselayer-Running-Tights/dp/B01KS1GMHK/ref=cts_ap_3_vtp
>>
>fucked up MJ

Garbage film
>>
Hi, I'm Captain America.

Here to talk to you about one of the most valuable traits a soldier or student can have: patience.

Sometimes patience is the key to victory. Sometimes it leads to very little, and it seems like it's not worth it. And you wonder, why you waited so long for something so disappointing.

How many more of this?
>>
>>93697020
He was literally so poor that he needed to search in the trash for the pieces for his computer, and he should have somehow been able to ask her aunt to spend 120+$ to make his costume?
>>
>>93697162
Welfare.
>>
>>93697178
But how should he have asked for it?
>Aunt May, you know that I'm a nerd that, as far as you know, is barely able to survive at the school's gym, fact made even more obvious by my best friend being larger than he is long, but I absolutely need to by a wetsuit for all the time I'm going to go surfing or scuba diving, and then I need you to forget about it and never wonder why you're never going to see it again
>>
>>93697253
"Hey Aunt May, I need this piece for my computer which is like very rare and I can't find it in trash so can you give me like 120 bucks."

>Shows May another piece which he found in trash
>Buys the costume
>>
>>93697279
He was literally using old as shit shit, I'd argue that spending for her nephew's technology isn't really high in Aunt May's priorities
>>
>>93697348
Early birthday present. And it's not like Peter is kind of a character that would want shit every second of a day.
>>
>>93697395
The problem is that it's pretty obvious they didn't have any money to spare. He was already considered a young genius yet he used antediluvian tech, so there is obviously no way he could find a way to afford the costume, either because aunt May is that stingy or because Peter is too humble and worried about his family finances to ask for it
>>
>>93697581
Man trust me, he isn't homeless poor, I'm sure he can gather around 120 bucks in at least 6 months.
>>
>>93697806
The problem isn't only the availability of the money, it's also the willingness to spend them on something "unnecessary" like a good looking costume

Also how much time did Peter spent by himself before being recruited for the Civil War? I'm not sure, but I seem to remember that it was hardly half a year
>>
>>93692930
We should make a black panther movie with a white tchalla
>>
Niggers are only 13% of the population but make up half the cast of the movie and faggots say there's no anti white agenda in hollywood
>>
>>93698318
But,

>didn't see any white women x black
>mainly saw white man x black women

considering half the commercials before the movie are the first one and only the first one I was actually surprised.
>>
>>93698318
Also, this takes place in New York City, you delusional nigger.
>>
>>93696325
that also looks like shit.
>>
>>93698408
>>didn't see any white women x black
what about those two in the car at the beginning
>>
>>93676274
>This movie actually places the least amount of importance on the love interest subplot of any Spider-Man movie and it's refreshing as fuck.
That's because Karen is best girl

>>93695370
I agree. Vulture was the highlight of the movie. Besides the YEAH SPIDER-MAN guy. But everything from Peter arriving at Liz's house to the end of the car ride was great.
>>
>>93686393
Bring in Terry Crews and I'm fucking sold
>>
File: ce9a80673bfbc5788376978a34f55da3.jpg (100KB, 1538x631px) Image search: [Google]
ce9a80673bfbc5788376978a34f55da3.jpg
100KB, 1538x631px
This is Karen, new best girl
>>
>>93692856
Credits animation was amazing for me too. Partly because it helps give the movie a kind of charming 'friendly neighboorhood' vibe that I didn't know I wanted.
>>
>>93698318
Have you ever been to New York?
>>
>>93700690
Oh shit, he'd kill it. I'm surprised Crews hasn't been in a superhero movie yet.

Also, Peter naming his computer wife Karen immediately reminded me of Spongebob. And realistically, that could have been his inspiration because everyone's seen Spongebob.
>>
>>93701460
Right when he was pondering of giving her a name I thought he Would have called her Madame web
>>
>>93693899
>intimidating
Is he really? Because I keep hearing plenty of villains being described that way and when I get to see them in action they're either bland or fucking laughable.
>>
>>93701855
He was a solid villain surprisingly. Realistic motives, not any of the conquer/erase the world bullshit, well portrayed, the suit was cool as fuck. A great twist in the end and a 10/10 scene after that
>>
File: Karen_&_Sheldon.jpg (111KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
Karen_&_Sheldon.jpg
111KB, 1152x864px
Anytime he talked to his suit I could only think of this
>>
I took a few friends and we all loved it

We are telling our friends that didn't go to see it and we already convinced a few

Also Karen is best girl
>>
>>93701967
Realistic motivations are not anything new or impressive, not even for superhero stuff, though, and that's not exactly what I'm asking.
Does he have a scene at least half as tense and chilling as the Thanksgiving dinner with Norman and May in the Raimi's first Spider-Man movie?
>>
>>93676036
>Villain is mostly dumb and boring, but you knew that was gonna happen, but there's a fucking cool late second-act twist with him that they pull off beautifully
Lies
>>
>>93693899
THE MAIN VILLAIN IS RED PILLED
THE WHOLE MOVIE IS LITERALLY FUCKING RED PILLED
>Main villain is a honest HONORABLE likeable white male who got fucked by government and big contractors, literally fucking over his private business. Yet the villain stays honorable to the end and likes Spiderman.
>Tony Stark is literally big government, gifting you shit and then accusing you when you remove the "spying module" bullshit he secretly placed there.
>Peter Parker is on the path of becoming an actually woke, well balanced person that will not be driven by his ego, but will be driven by his responsibility. He denies big daddy government at the end and does what is right, he goes out to protect the common man and do his own thing.
>All sides of the conflict are shown to be both good and bad, no one is comically evil and Peter is left with a choice of what he will do with his life.
>>
>>93702258
He is a different sort of villain, and he has a very tense scene though maybe not as tense by the end of the movie, in a car with Peter.
Don't want to spoil it but it was pretty great.
His suit is also generally horrifying sometimes, way spookier than any previous Spidey villains.
>>
>>93702351
Okay, consider me interested then.
>>
>>93696204
they show web barrage, double web, webchute, electric web, web-bombs, big web nets and bunch of other things
>>
>>93702376
Generally he is a private business owner who is a likeable family man that got fucked over by Stark and the big government. He will do literally anything to protect his family and support them.
I'm not going to spoil more, but he is pretty great, one of the better Marvel villains and certainly the most relateable.
>>
>>93702258
Not him, but even though I didn't like the movie much, yes the best scene in the movie is a similarly tense "I know you know I know" type scene. Keaton's great. Not nearly as scary as Norman of course, because he's much less insane.
>>
>>93694292
I think that the car scene was perfect and you are nitpicking a bit here.
All of his actions seemed completely collected and thought out.
>>
Didn't think I'd ever see a Vulture suit I'd like, let alone alongside a good character interpretation.
>>
>>93702454
I would have preferred it if he had shown more remorse about accidentally killing Shocker #1.
>>
File: 1417592464393.gif (602KB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
1417592464393.gif
602KB, 400x226px
I thought it was pretty great overall minus shitty MJ
>>
>>93698318
Does it count as antiwhite if most of the black males in the movie are villains?
>make up half the cast
I'm looking at imdb and that doesn't seem to case, can you move the goalpost somewhere else?
>>
>>93698318
Yikes
>>
>>93694125
>spider drone
yuck. any spider trackers?
>>
>>93698318
This is said by the blindest people ever.
This movie is woke as fuck, it's against big government and pro liberty and privacy.
>>
File: Michael_Mando,_March_2015.jpg (14KB, 220x295px) Image search: [Google]
Michael_Mando,_March_2015.jpg
14KB, 220x295px
>>93692890
>black flash
>black
Herman Shultz is the only white guy they changed black. The rest were hispanic, asian, and hispanic again.
>>
>>93676274
>Okay, Mr. Feige, we're gonna have a love interest in Homecoming.
>Neat. Lets have some diversity.
>Good choice. Look here, there's Michelle Gonzalez- she had a short fling in the comics, and was his roommate. The fans will sure like it to know we care about obscure characters
>No... lets have Mary Jane.
>Okay- but isn't she known as the most iconic redhead in comics, and is always portrayed as impossibly beautiful? And she's also the most well known spidey girl?
>True.. then we can just make her an average-looking andongrynous half-black girl! And we can name her Michelle!
>But that doesn't have any phisical resemblence to MJ..
>Well, then we can just make her dress and act nothing like MJ! And all who dislike it are racist
Nobody cares enough about Valkiyre to complain about race-bending her, but c'mon, this was ridiculous.
>>
>>93702846
They based Mcgargan on the ultimate comics probably, where he is a mad hispanic guy with a hooked chain, we will see in the next morning
>>
>>93703011
Next movie* lel
>>
>>93676036
How was my man Dong Lover
>>
File: 117175456446.jpg (92KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
117175456446.jpg
92KB, 384x313px
>>93698318
>Having white villains is anti white
>Having black villains is antiwhite
>They make up less than half of the cast anyway
What is with "half" as a talking point? Clinton pulled the same shit. If it's already a problem, why does have to be half? why bend the truth?
>>
>>93703177
He was pretty cool
He's The Prowler [/spoilers]
>>
>>93692015
You know, this is a perfect suit design to venom-ize. I hope we see it become theblack suit somehow.
>>
>>93692015
Why the fuck have all Stark suits been shit since the first Iron Man? Damn that's an awful execution of a bad color scheme.
>>
>>93703177
I despise his meme popularity because of his music, but he was alright. Every single criminal/villain in the movie serves his purpose and doesn't feel forced, you really get a feel of low level street crime that happens within this universe ( I was thinking about Superior Foes all the time ). That along with the genuine highschool/teenager shenenigans helps set it apart.

There's legitimately no individual part that sticks out as outright "BAD" in the movie, other than Michelle being MJ, that got a lot of groans in my audience. For all the shit Feige talked about really loving Strange, they really pulled their weight with Spidey who had by far the best first movie, it easily rivals IM1 and GotG.
>>
>>93693850
This is spot fucking on, anon.
>>
Saw it about an hour ago. Liked that the scale of this movie is so small. It's a lot like Ant-Man in that the hero is sort of a goober trying to do the right thing the best way they know how while being told by outsiders (even mentors) try to tell them whats best for them. And it works. Tony pops in rarely, Happy is the guy we see most, and that's how it should be. That's how low on the totem pole Spidey is.

I also liked Keaton and Woodbine. Street-level stuff that doesn't feel unimportant. They're threats, they're intimidating people, driven to do desperate things by forces out of their control. And when a spider-man shows up, they're ruthless.

Ned was awesome. May was downplayed heavily, which honestly, I like. If someone made a movie about me that takes place after I turned 15, my mom would not be a major feature of that movie. And honestly May was never that appealing to me. I get it shes a nice old lady that hangs around parkers neck like a fucking anchor, but just being a harried parent of a teen is more realistic i think.

There's a lot of moments where the movie drags (this didnt need to be 2.5 hours long) but the ending is nice and I like how the movie leaves things with parker and toomes.

I've been reading spider-man since I was 8 and its nice to get back to a spider-man that isnt bogged down in more trauma than anyone can stand. just a good dude trying to do good things and having to give up some good things in order to do it responsibly.
>>
>>93676036
I don't mind a simple villain like the vulture. The way they did it was pretty fitting for the small caliber that Spidey needed to face against. My small complaint is that I wished Shocker had his own suit. or at least TWO of those fucking gauntlets
>>
File: jPkd_uI0Fj0.jpg (33KB, 425x563px) Image search: [Google]
jPkd_uI0Fj0.jpg
33KB, 425x563px
>>93704817
I'm suprised they cut it out
>>
I liked it but it bugs me to no fucking end nobody caught the timeline error with Avengers. Iron Man was eight years ago, Avengers came after that by three or four. This was even established in Civil War. How did nobody making this movie or at Marvel fucking catch that?
>>
>>93704957
I didn't catch it while I was watching the movie, because it's not important at all. Comics timelines shift all the time. No one in ten years will care that Avengers didn't actually come out 8 years before Spider-Man.
>>
>>93703912
>Every single criminal/villain in the movie serves his purpose and doesn't feel forced, you really get a feel of low level street crime that happens within this universe ( I was thinking about Superior Foes all the time ).

This. It really felt different from all the forced cameos and "world building" in the ASM movies, the world felt alive.
>>
>>93705172
They JUST re-established the MCU timeline in Civil War and Marvel has been a stickler about their timeline. In the movie, on the ferry there's advertisements for the 2018 Stark Expo.

This was a mistake from the editor, director, or SFX team that none of the others involved in putting this together noticed.
>>
>>93705215

apparently there was a scene where Holland just went full british and no one noticed until like they were checking if they need to do any ADR
>>
>>93705246
They caught that but not the date? Shame. Honorable seppuku all around
>>
>>93705215
Or they'll re-establish it again
>>
>>93705289
At least it's a simple fix, no one talked about it out loud as far as I can remember, it was just the one screen.
>>
>>93705337
Marvel apparently has an official in-house timeline they work off of for in universe dating. They probably will just edit the scene in the home release or pretend it never happened. One of the two
>>
File: Tacticool Wings.jpg (454KB, 1441x979px) Image search: [Google]
Tacticool Wings.jpg
454KB, 1441x979px
>>93697223
Mm, gotta disagree when people say the Vulture was dumb/boring. Despite not being a 1:1 adaptation of the original character (his updated design should be the first clue that this isn't the case), I would still rank him as one of the better villains the MCU has produced thus far. He has properly established motivations for his villainy, and isn't a generic Force Of Evil, or Space God. He doesn't even have a Faceless Army, all of his lackeys are pretty visually distinct and retain a semblance of personality/character.
He's also pretty competent, and often decides to back out of situations he knows he can't handle or that would cause him more trouble than he needs. Spider-Man encounters him twice before the final battle, and Toomes backs out both times, escaping to steal another day. All of his actions pretty consistently reflect his personality actually. Everything he does is in the interest of keeping his little hustle going along, which in turn is in the interest of giving his family high living standards. This not only gives him a sympathetic angle, but adds depth to both Toomes and the plot. (Especially when you take into consideration the twist of Liz being his daughter, and the way that connects him to Peter personally, raising the stakes a little further when Peter faces him for the last time)
Idunno, I just feel that this villain was the most memorable of all the proceeding MCU villains. I couldn't tell you why any of the other big bads did what they did in any one of the previous ones besides maybe Zemo in CW and Ego in GotG 2. There's honestly so many other reasons why I love The Vulture in this movie, (including the way he kinda contrasts Peter's character and the way he also represents some of the other themes in the movie) but I won't waste any more of anyone's time with this "blog post".
>>
>>93703912
>I despise his meme popularity because of his music
Donald Glover makes music?
>>
>>93705382
>>93705215
so what youre saying is its not a big deal
>>
>>93706433

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j25tkxg5Vws
>>
>>93706433
He's Childish Gambino
>>
File: download (1).jpg (5KB, 217x232px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
5KB, 217x232px
Anyone else miss his spider sense? Seemed curiously absent, like Superman's cold breath.
>>
>>93704357
Well to be kind of honest I couldn't decided whether Sam Raimi's first spiderman was better than homecoming or not. I thought homecoming fixed pretty much all of Spiderman 1's shortcomings but at the same time created new ones for itself as well.
>>
File: bombastic bagman.gif (27KB, 285x217px) Image search: [Google]
bombastic bagman.gif
27KB, 285x217px
>>93706974
In Civil War he had at least two moments, he noticed Ant-Man on the shield before he grew and knew a char was flying straight at him when fighting Falcon and Bucky. I absolutely loved Homecoming, but other than the agility and the usual "spider dodging", there wasn't a real stand out spider sense moment.

In CW he also mentions that the goggles somehow dampen his now very acute senses/spider sense and that he's still getting used to them, so I dunno. I get what you're saying but at the same thing feels like a pet peeve.

In two months time this will be blown out of proportion along with all the other minor shit
>>
>>93676325
I forgot about her speech in Spider-Man 2. It's fucking amazing.
>>
File: 1482952774186.gif (1MB, 245x260px) Image search: [Google]
1482952774186.gif
1MB, 245x260px
>>93676915
>Shitting on the other company as a form to validate the MCU's shitty villains

Never change, Disneyshills
>>
>>93679351
That seems a pretty pointless twist
>>
>>93705629
It's a Mr. Freeze scenario for me, the adapted character with revised origin and design is way cooler than the one in the comics in the case of Vulture, I'm so glad they didn't kill him, I want more MCU Birdman.
>>
Doesn't Peter's suit still have Karen? I don't care about the rest.
>>
>>93707315
It's the same suit, Conellirvis should still ne there.

Kinda wish they gave her a different name thou, Is it some kind of easter egg? Was there ever a "Karen" who was important for Spidey's lore?
>>
>>93707274
>That seems a pretty pointless twist

It's a high school, coming of age movie ( they even show scenes from ferris bueller's day off ). And to top it all off, your girlfriend's dad is the super villain.

It's a simple but clever twist and executed perfectly. If you weren't on this thread with the sole purpose of spoiling the movie for yourself, you'd be just as surprised in the theater with the rest of the normies. It just makes you look like a contrarian shitposter anon, especially when you haven't seen the fucking thing.
>>
>>93707158
I feel you so hard on this, especially in the very last fight scene on the burning beach. I understand he was a bit shell shocked, but when the camera zoomed in on peter looking around through a dense smoke and entered slow motion, I really thought it was set up for him to be able to detect Vulture flying in the smoke, anticipating his attacks. Instead, Peter lets Vulture fly straight into him.
>>
>>93691391
That was a clone, anon.
>>
File: 1498169019591.png (114KB, 307x269px) Image search: [Google]
1498169019591.png
114KB, 307x269px
>>93688583

>Aunt May is at the door when Pete is not facing her (because fuck spider sense)

Spider sense only goes off when Peter is in danger. There have been characters who have been able to sneak up on him because of that, like the Black Cat.

>>93707315

Karen was the best girl in the movie.

I thought she was going to go yandere when Peter brought up Liz
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 620x478px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 620x478px
>>93707471
I thought he was going to call her madame web. It Would have been perfect
>>
>>93707612
Who's Liz?
>>
>>93707944

Liz Allen
>>
>>93707471
I'm thinking it was just a Spongebob refrence

I hope Karen comes back, it's nice for Spidey to have someone to bounce dialogue off when he's alone
>>
>>93688583
There was literally a scene in the comics with Aunt May bashing Spider-Man in the head without his spider sense going off.

It doesn't see Aunt May as a threat
Thread posts: 507
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.