[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So did Bruce pay Terry to keep the front he was doing a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

File: tb.jpg (27KB, 560x323px) Image search: [Google]
tb.jpg
27KB, 560x323px
So did Bruce pay Terry to keep the front he was doing a normal job for him?
>>
>>93673737
probably, the whole reason he "needed" the job was because Terry's dad died and his mom was now taking care of 3 people. So I imagine Bruce paid him as a way to support Terry's folks, while also pretending he was still his assistant.

I'm honestly surprised they never played with this more in the show. they forgot the cover story after the first episode
>>
>>93673737
Something tells me Terry did it for free
>>
>>93673912
he still wouldve needed a paycheck to support the family. Which was supposedly the reason he took a "job" from Wayne in the first place
>>
>>93673964
Oh fuck I forgot that. I guess wayne paid him enough to support his family
>>
>>93673912
>he does it for free
>he takes his job very seriously
>>
>>93673910
>I'm honestly surprised they never played with this more in the show.

Yeah seriously, I can almost imagine Bruce literally bribing Terry to do more work for him while he wanted more time off so his personal life doesn't fall apart.

>Terry I need you to stakeout this building all night based on a vague hunch I have
>Mister Wayne I have homework and I promised Dana I would watch a movie with her
>I'll pay you an extra 3 days salary if you do this
>... *calls Dana on another line* Hey Dana sorry to say this but Mister Wayne really needs me to-
>She hung up on my Mister Wayne. Okay wheres the location

Then Terry wastes all the extra money on dumb gifts trying to get Dana to stop being angry after he blows off their plans for the thousandth time.
>>
>>93673737
It's not like Bruce was using his money to front as a playboy philanthropist anymore. Might as well pay Terry a living wage.
>>
>>93674109
>She hung up on my Mister Wayne
>>
>>93677124
>"She's not really that important," says the decrepit old man who lives totally alone in his mansion, with the exception of his fucking dog
>>
File: EY_32_-_Alfred_and_Maggie.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
EY_32_-_Alfred_and_Maggie.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
Do you think Alfred ever made it with that hot GILF he was into before he died?
>>
>>93677221
>implying foxy granpa wasn't swinging all the way to the grave
>>
File: mfw when I do it for FREE.png (46KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
mfw when I do it for FREE.png
46KB, 557x605px
>>93673912
>>
>>93677221
Alfred can get any woman he wants with his British accent, great cooking skills, and the allure of being an ex-spy
>>
>>93673910
>>93673964
I'm pretty sure his mom already had a job, since they were divorced and she was supporting Matt before their dad died.

And in Return of the Joker, he dejectedly tells his mom that he got fired from his job for Mr. Wayne, and she's not bothered at all, hell she's just happy that they'll see more of him now. Doesn't sound like someone struggling to get by on what her teenage son brings in.
>>
>>93677471
I think Terry's mom was a teacher or did some corporate job, so you're right on that account. But still, you have to assume Terry's dad was paying child support, and it can suck to suddenly lose income when you've had it as part of the family budget for a long time.

Maybe there was a life insurance thing going on as well. Regardless, Terry's mom wasn't going to make him feel guilty over losing his job, but that doesn't mean the extra money wasn't welcome.
>>
>>93677539
Life insurance and inheritance
>>
>>93677471
Also in Return of the Joker, when he surprised Dana at the club before the jokers attacked, he told her that he wasn't working for Wayne anymore so he won't have much money for a while.

So I'm wondering, had the jokers not attacked and Terry was not involved in the Batman life anymore and everything ended okay, what other job could he have gotten? Being Batman means he has a lot of different skills, skills that don't really match the cover story of taking care of an old man. His mom gets Terry a job at a nursing home, she thinks she's doing him a favor or something, but he ends up being horrible at it.

More importantly, what will happen to Wayne Enterprises after Bruce dies? We saw Terry was still with him in that justice league episode. Has Bruce been grooming him to take over the business too as a CEO? He told Terry many times the world needed Batman, but Batman needs the funds from a multi billion dollar business to run. How would the board take some guy who used to be a vallet/house boy taking over the business?
>>
>>93677735
If I were Terry, I'd go to Gotham University and then take an entry-level job in Wayne Enterprises. You'd have the rest of Bruce's life to work your way up while being groomed as a successor.
>>
File: concentrate.jpg (6KB, 251x189px) Image search: [Google]
concentrate.jpg
6KB, 251x189px
>>93677735
Wayne Industries was already being run without Bruce Wayne in episode one. He still has a bunch of shares and is an honorary member on the board of directors, but he was basically done with that part of his life. He only got involved in Wayne Industries when they were doing something fucky in the show.

Terry seemed determined to have his own life in the show. He'd be Batman, but on his own terms. There was an episode in the future where Terry was a full adult and in a long term relationship with his girlfriend. They never made any reference to him being a part of Wayne Enterprises. I truly doubt he'd have any part of it, but who knows for sure. Even when they did that weird retcon where Terry became Bruce's son, it was clear Terry was going to be his own person.

It seemed like Terry would inherit stock and whatever accounts/assets Bruce Wayne would have tucked away for the guy.
>>
>>93677830
Yeah, it was being ran without Bruce in the first episode, but that was when it was Wayne Powers. After Power's son took over he was more in charge before he was let go for trying to kill Wayne with the Royal Flush gang. Bruce even said he worked too hard to get his family business back in the movie. He actually was back in charge because that other guy voiced by Mark Hamil was next in line before he made his comeback. He was even attacked by the Joker at his welcome back thing.
>>
>>93677735
>He told Terry many times the world needed Batman, but Batman needs the funds from a multi billion dollar business to run.

Is Batman technically a criminal embezzler?
>>
>>93677735
He's got an excellent cover story. Bruce had no relatives, so him leaving everything to some random kid he hired as a nurse makes sense. The board members would probably just scuff at it and hand him a monthly check, which they assume he's running around wasting on hookers or something.
>>
>>93677735
Wayne Industries was run by Bruce's other son
Matt McGinnis
>>
>>93678115
Just like a young Bruce Wayne.

>>93678040
And yes. That's why Bruce always beats himself up, both physically and emotionally.
>>
>>93673910
>they forgot the cover story after the first episode
You should go back and rewatch it.

They brought it up every single fucking episode where Dana bitches about Terry doesn't have enough energy to bone her.
>>
>>93677735
>>93677830
Terry was probably going to go the way of Dick/Nightwing where he does his own thing on his own dime with the occasional support from the people he looks up to (e.g. Barbara, his own informants, etc.) and he probably still gets 100% access to the Batcave (and maybe Wayne Manor) which has all the magical knowledge encyclopedias and supercomputers. Terry was going to be his own brand of Batman but he still seems to care a lot about doing the proper legwork and detective stuff like Bruce teaches him. He'll probably do some sort of "helping people with problems" day job or just try to work a normal job that lets him go out at night.

Bruce would probably leave him some money and maybe access to some post-mortem trust in order to keep the lights on but not the whole company+shares. He probably would leave that to some charity foundation with its own rules and/or leave to Damien if he's still alive or something.
>>
File: spiderbat.jpg (79KB, 1030x768px) Image search: [Google]
spiderbat.jpg
79KB, 1030x768px
>>93673737
>This is a perfect place to take photos of Batman for the Gotham Gazette
But seriously, I'm pretty sure Bruce payed him. He interacted with his family from time to time - the venom episode, the beginning of that one episode where Terry's getting his ass kicked and Bruce called him that his his mother wanted milk.
>>
>>93679543
you know the comics continued the show right? he gave up on bruce and switched over to getting trained by dick not what it sounds like and got the black girl to be his eyes and ears. he eventually goes back to bruce or makes up with bruce. he also tells dana to fuck off and dates 10 for a bit
>>
>>93679643
We're talking about the case of what he'd do after Bruce is gone.
>>
>>93679771
yeah and thats what he did. he worked with dick and the black girl. if the epilogue is canon, then bruce wont die until terry has been batman for many years. enough years to know how to go at it alone
>>
>>93679784
>the black girl

She got a name.
>>
>>93673737
he probably pays him allowance
bruce is his dad after all
>>
>>93679643
>switched over to getting trained by dick
>>
>>93673737
If he didn't, then I have a feeling his mother would realize after a while.
>>
>>93673737
There's nothing wrong with being the butt buddy of an older man to keep your family fed.
>>
>>93673976
>he's a janitor
>on the streets of Gotham
>>
>>93680972
So is his younger brother.
>>
>>93679643
>you know the comics continued the show right?
But none of the Batman Beyond team worked on it. It was basically fanfiction.
>>
>>93674109
Using money as leverage seems out of character for both.
Terry wouldn't want to do it for money and Bruce sure as fuck wouldn't want a Batwhore.
>>
>>93684338
it's still official DC sanctioned shit though. And since (speaking about 2.0 here) it deliberately tries to be a sequel to the show, it's canon now.

And besides, 2.0 was actually really good. it wasn't Timm and Dini and the rest, but it was almost just as good.
>>
>>93684338
>It was basically fanfiction.
Like every Batman story since Bob Kane died?
>>
>>93677735
My question is what about Dick and Tim? They were Bruce's legal wards, that would surely get something.
>>
>>93684642
I imagine Bruce would leave everyone something. he's not heartless to his other bat children. especially Dick and Tim. but I imagine Terry would get more, if only because he's Batman. If nothing else, he'd definitely get the manor and cave, and I imagine possibly whatever Wayne Powers Stock he has. gotta finance that snazzy bat suit somehow
>>
>>93684416
>Bat-miscarriage
>good
As much shit as people give Timm for Bruce/Babs, the most he ever said about them was that they fugged and had a short relationship.

Not whatever 2.0 gave us.
>>
>>93673737
How much does being Batman pay?
>>
>>93684721
You get a Bat-credit-card, only usable at approved Bat-outlets.
>>
File: SC38.jpg (16KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
SC38.jpg
16KB, 400x225px
>>93684674
uh huh. but it was Timm and company that set up the plot point to begin with, of Bruce having a relationship with Babs at some point. they just made do with what had already been presented by the DCAU. that Bruce had a relationship with babs, despite babs being Dick's girl, and that both babs and Dick left Bruce, with Dick leaving gotham altogether.

they never explained WHAT exactly drove them away. RotJ simply established how Tim stopped being Robin. Not how babs stopped being Batgirl. or what happened to nightwing, and why he "left" to ''establish himself in another city"
>>
>>93684721

Minimum wage.
>>
>>93677216
It's implied Bruce actually regretted never settling down as he kept momentos from every woman he was with
>>
I think something really important about Batman Beyond that never really set in until recently for me is that it exposed me to the reality that some day the adults and mentors I look up to will get old and weak, and how much it sucks for them. On the one hand, there's the chilling realization that I too will grow old and weak, but it makes me appreciate what my parents are going through as they get older and creakier.

I mean, if it can happen to Batman, it can happen to anyone.

Except Clark, that alien fucker.
>>
>>93684805
There were a bunch of different ways they could have ran with that plot point, but they chose "Bruce knocks up Barbara who proceeds to have a miscarriage".

The way they implied the relationship went was a lot more subtle and less soap opera-y.
>>
>>93684349
This. Terry is batman because he wants to be, not because he's being paid
>>
>>93684944
Don't forget J'onn too. Martians get everything
>>
>>93677735
>So I'm wondering, had the jokers not attacked and Terry was not involved in the Batman life anymore and everything ended okay, what other job could he have gotten?
https://youtu.be/PQO-4EK9FuA?t=346
>>
>>93684575
>he thinks Bob Kane did anything besides put his name on other people's work
Summerfags please educate yourselves.
>>
File: IMG_1420_zpsd8w2kx2b.jpg (43KB, 578x398px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1420_zpsd8w2kx2b.jpg
43KB, 578x398px
>>93685082
I agree.

that doesnt change that batman Beyond 2.0 was great, and "got" the beyond world a hell of a lot better than anything before it, or since. Before 2.0 we were literally getting the kind of shit the DCAU avoided (catwoman beyond, hush beyond- despite him not being a DCAU character, etc) they didnt even bother trying to follow the animated show, and tossed into the mainline DC universe haphazardly.

And SINCE 2.0, we've gotten shit like Future's end, which is still defining Beyond comics (and was also part of the main DCU and not the DCAU)

2.0 at the very least knew how to make an original character that felt right out of the show, without resorting to "X beyond" concepts. Even when they brought back manbat, it was still Langstrom leading the plot.
>>
>>93679642
>payed
>>
File: WHAT NO WAY.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
WHAT NO WAY.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>93673910
>>I'm honestly surprised they never played with this more in the show. they forgot the cover story after the first episode
Nigga, what

There are multiple episodes where Terry is LITERALLY being Bruce's assistant, from driving him to checking up on Bruce's assets.
>>
>>93686545
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that at the least, a lot of episodes use that as a setup to shenanigans.
>>
>>93685344
>>that doesnt change that batman Beyond 2.0 was great,
Stopped reading right there, literally every Beyond comic has been complete trash.
>>
File: loss.png (711KB, 716x752px) Image search: [Google]
loss.png
711KB, 716x752px
>>
>>93673737
I thought they pointed out at on point he was getting paid?
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.