[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the greatest Marvel comic that debuted in the 70s, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: latest[1].jpg (85KB, 400x611px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
85KB, 400x611px
What is the greatest Marvel comic that debuted in the 70s, and why is it Marvel Two-in-One?
>>
File: giant size.jpg (24KB, 284x116px) Image search: [Google]
giant size.jpg
24KB, 284x116px
>>93673443
Machine Man
The Eternals
Devil Dinosaur
Howard the Duck
Omega the Unknown
>>
>>93673640
But Marvel Two-in-One had TWO in ONE.
>>
>>93673683
But one of those TWO was The Thing. Whatta revoltin' development that was.
>>
Iron Fist
>>
>>93673443
I have this issue
I bought it for 75 cents a few months ago

Is it any good because I've seen people mention it before

I also have thing 1-7 by bryne, haven't read either
>>
>>93674663
Thing didn't get interesting until after Byrne left the book and you had post-cucking Thing traveling the country super-duper depressed.

Marvel 2-in-1 Annual #7 is so-so. It's mainly memorably though for being one of the first times Marvel got all of their strong men together and explored how strong they were context-wise against each other
>>
Are Marvel Two-In-One and Marvel Team Up worth hunting down?

I know all but two issues issues of MTIO was reprinted in the Essential line while the Marvel Team Up Essential trades only got to around #100.

Are they worth looking up?
>>
File: Wrasslor.png (574KB, 1065x790px) Image search: [Google]
Wrasslor.png
574KB, 1065x790px
>>93674663
>Is it any good because I've seen people mention it before
It's great. It's also the basis for a whole Dial M for Monkey segment in Dexter's Lab were an space wrestler voiced by Macho Man himself challenges all of Earth's heroes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-mXqdLNKj8
>>
>>93674978
If you want stories that have continuity and shit, MTIO is your best bet. MTIO had several lengthy multi-part arcs (Liberty Legion, Project Pegasus, Serpent Crown trilogy) that impact Marvel continuity and shit.

Marvel Team Up is far far more loose and negative continuity based, though Claremont DID use the book to seed storylines for the X-Men on occassion.

Art-wise, MTIO had George Perez for a lengthy run as artist, while MTU had Claremont/Byrne for about two years worth of stories.
>>
>>93675192
I should note that the finale of the Serpent Crown Saga was published in Marvel Team Up not Marvel Two In One though.

The Essential Marvel Two In One trades omit it, so you have to buy the Marvel Premier Classic HC of the Serpent Crown Saga to get the ending.
>>
File: werewolf.jpg (86KB, 400x599px) Image search: [Google]
werewolf.jpg
86KB, 400x599px
>>93673443
Werewolf By Night, duh
>>
Is it true that the X-Men/Spider-Man in the Savage Land story from Marvel Fanfare was really an inventory Marvel Team Up story that was re-purposed for Marvel Fanfare's opening issues?
>>
>>93675280
Sort of. Marvel Fanfare #1-2 were inventory Marvel Team Up stories and #3-4 were created exclusively for the book. Hence why Spider-Man vanishes midway through the story and why #3-4 has a different artist drawing it.

It was an open secret that Marvel Fanfare was basically a dumping ground for inventory stories in spite of Marvel promoting it as "the best of the best" and paying talent double the money if they did stories for the book.
>>
60s: Amazing Spider-Man
70s: Ghost Rider
80s: New Mutants
90s: X-Force
00s: N/A
90s: N/A
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.