[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one handles serious subject matter (loss, ptsd, death)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10

File: marvel-vs-dc-banner656.png (533KB, 656x386px) Image search: [Google]
marvel-vs-dc-banner656.png
533KB, 656x386px
Which one handles serious subject matter (loss, ptsd, death) more maturely?
Netflix and CW are allowed.
>>
>>93661152
DC.

This isnt even a question. When superman fights Zod you see it from the eyes of the victims, the first minutes of BvS are fantastic
>>
Marvel purely due to the Netflix shows, especially Jessica Jones.
>>
>>93661203
So peepee jar was mature?
>>
Steve Rogers was separated from the woman he loved, and they were reunited just long enough for him to watch her lose her memories to Alzheimers.

Natasha Romanoff was sterilized as a child, and the resulting trauma has her questioning if what's left of her is even human.

Bruce Banner attempted suicide, and when his mutation prevented his death, he tried to find meaning in helping others.

Bucky Barnes spent the last seventy years in and out of cryo, only waking to kill, every waking moment spent in a drugged and conditioned stat, every brutal act committed to memory to make his future kills more efficient.

Peter Quill watched all of his parental figures die in front of him.The only one he wasn't helpless to stop, he had personally murdered.
>>
>>93661476
And bambi's mom is shot in front of his eyes
>>
>>93661313
Doing 1 or 2 things immature doesn't equal it not doing most things in general maturely.
>>
File: 1492067583182.jpg (572KB, 1260x1680px) Image search: [Google]
1492067583182.jpg
572KB, 1260x1680px
DC
>>
>>93661755
what the fuck is this cancer compiled in a image
>>
>>93661212
>especially Jessica Jones
Oh yeah, hammering the viewer over the head with your point like he's a child who can't understand a not very complex show is really mature.
>>
File: DDgCpFYXkAAQr0h.jpg-large.jpg (686KB, 1537x2048px) Image search: [Google]
DDgCpFYXkAAQr0h.jpg-large.jpg
686KB, 1537x2048px
>>93661783
No faggot, this is cancer
>>
>>93661728
So what about Martha? Or Juggalo Joker? Or This Is Katana!? Or BET? Or Jolly Ranchers. Or We're bad guys? Or men are useless for pleasure?
>>
>>93661796
You literally just described Snyder's directorial style.
>>
>>93662437
Well, I never denied that I dislike Snyder so there's that.
>>
File: aL2d6DA_700b.jpg (146KB, 700x703px) Image search: [Google]
aL2d6DA_700b.jpg
146KB, 700x703px
>>
>>93662538
The Marvel one is adorable. I bet my kid would love that.
>>
>>93661152
The MCU exaggerates the significance of issues to make them seem serious but all they end up being is contrived and artificial. Like Natasha's bullshit emotional arc in Ultron and the entire characterization of the Banner. Sterilization doesn't make you into a monster and nobody in the MCU's universe would go emo over getting superpowers. Don't even get me started on how superficial Tony's ptsd was.

Netflix just beats you to death. SHE WAS RAPED. HE'S CATHOLIC. THE WORLD HATES NIGGERS. SHE WAS RAPED. HE'S CATHOLIC. THE WORLD HATES NIGGERS. Over, and over, and over.

CW is a fucking soap opera, so detached from reality it's kind of hard to take any emotional scenes seriously.

Then there's DCEU, oh boy. The properties ( san Wonder Woman) that take themselves too seriously, so seriously that it's hard to tell what the audience is supposed to take seriously. They treat Pa Kent's death with the same weight as a montage of Batman getting gainz, it's so fucking ludicrous it just leaves you exhausted rather than empathetic.

They all handle serious subject matter differently, and all poorly except for specific exceptions in each IP.
>>
>>93662418
>Or Jolly Ranchers.

Yeah, forcing a politician to eat from your hands is so immature, it's not Lex just being Lex.
>>
File: tips.png (900KB, 1080x440px) Image search: [Google]
tips.png
900KB, 1080x440px
>>93662538
>9gag
You dumb faggot.

DC is better though, the actors convey a lot of emotion
>>
>>93662699
>so detached from reality it's kind of hard to take any emotional scenes seriously
>be a slavshit
>watch season 5 of Arrow because it features Russian mafia heavily and everyone says the show is good
>it's unintentionally hilarious at best boring at worst
If that's good by CW standards, I'm afraid to know what's it like when it's bad.
>>
>>93661796
>hammering the viewer over the head with your point like he's a child who can't understand a not very complex show is really mature.
Yet somehow people are still confused over why Jessica was so fixated on capturing Kilgrave instead of killing him.
>>
>>93662765
Henry Cavillwas so emotional in BVS. And I love the depth of the Killer Croc and Katana.
>>
File: 1499113672193.gif (1MB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
1499113672193.gif
1MB, 500x284px
>>93662765
>>
>>93662828
Uh.. to free Hope. Duh. Do people really have problems understanding that one?
>>
>>93662765
One is style over substance, a colorful man with a background in professional wrestling. The other one is a nuanced professional actor with accolades and accomplishments abound.

Who made this?
>>
The universe with an Academy Award

Wonder Woman will be another edition
>>
>>93662828
Because people are complete idiots which is why the show is popular in the first place?
>>
>>93661152
No company wars intended, Marvel does it better and by far.

All you need to compare is two scenes where a character connects to another. Take the Martha scene from BvS, and the opening scene from The Winter Soldier.

The latter is so subtle and nuanced, it may go over your head how smart it is. The first, on the other hand, is so hammed up and uses like 1 full minute of flashback and is still not convincing.
>>
>>93662872
You have no idea how often I had to explain this.
>her name is literally called Hope
>Jess only loses her delusion once "Hope" dies
>"She's the living embodiment of your guilt, isn't she?"
Kilgrave LITTERALY SPELLS IT OUT
>>
>>93662926
Will you also get an Oscar for spelling?
>>
>>93662955
Everyone spells EVERYTHING out.
That's the fucking problem. That and the fact that the villain is a joke.
>>
File: 1489811662161 (1).png (2MB, 1058x1248px) Image search: [Google]
1489811662161 (1).png
2MB, 1058x1248px
Marvel is smart and complex

It's not for kids, take the darkness of all of xander dying.

Marvel doesn't shy away from gritiness, seriousness and distruction, unlike DC who is too afraid of distruction and end up making CGI battle quipfests "is she with you"?

Marvel is deep, "hes my friend tony" "so was i" was the deepest and saddest scene in all of film history

It it's deep and powerful (like my dick ask you're mum)
>>
>>93663145
I thought Xandar was evacuated? I mean some Nova Corps dudes died but they are soldiers they're kind of supposed to...
>>
>>93662955
The show really loves hammering things down.
Take a look at the police station scene. Don't remember the dialogue in the exact order but
>going from saying that he'd change to threatening to kill people because the phone rang
"Okay, that's a nice touch, if a bit hamhanded."
>I know what love looks like, I watch TV
"Yeah, we get it. You're a sociopath and you're full of shit. You already established that."
>You're the first thing, excuse me, person
"Oh, shut up already."

And then the next is the whole episode mostly dedicated to "establishing" the exact same thing the viewer already knew from that scene.
>>
>>93661152
Logan
>>
>>93663330
Legion too.
>>
File: HAHAHAHA.jpg (175KB, 1440x591px) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHAHA.jpg
175KB, 1440x591px
Btfo
>>
>>93663213
No... people died. Lots of people died. Between the kamikaze and the Bopit ship landing on it, I very conservatively put the mortality at least at 35%
>>
>>93663307
I don't know about you, but I've met people who think and act like him. He was pretty close to how the real deal behave.
>>
>>93663610
I don't care about MUH REALISM.
There is absolutely nothing realistic about Netflix Kingpin (seriously, none of crime lords who I've seen on documentaries or police/court footage or read about behaved like that) and he's an amazing villain, meanwhile Randy Stair would be a joke character if he was purely fictional. Not that it matters because Kilgrave felt like a retarded cartoon character anyway compared to Tennant's role in Secret Smile (which was also a good villain) and the point I'm trying to make is that dialogue like that is insulting to the viewer's intelligence.
>>
>>93663808
I thought he did fine. I kinda liked how my opinion of his character changed throughout the series. Kinda went through these phases.

1. Oh he's an irredeemable rape monster
2. Huh That bad childhood was kinda... tragic. I like how it's exploring what a life of instant gratification and zero consequences does to you.
3. Could you redeem this character? Does he actually genuinely not understand the difference between right and wrong? This could be really...
4.... nope he's a rape monster again. So much for that.
>>
>>93663539
Man based Disney is so lucky
>>
>>93664524
I disagree, I thought he was just awful. Tennant overacted the shit out of his material and the villain itself was terrible and completely unthreatening.
>>
>>93665077
>completely unthreatening
What?
>>
>>93665956
He's a retarded manchild who gets caught easily and only escapes because everyone else is also an idiot.
He fails to provide any tension. He lacks any menacing presence and is simply not scary in any way (no, having powers or large bodycounts =/= scary or menacing for a fictional character)
>>
>>93665956
>>93666214
Oh, and plenty of his dialogue (and his motivation itself) is cringeworthy. He's incredibly hard to take seriously.
>>
>>93661203
It was only treated as serious in BvS because it was ill received in Man of Steel.
Snyder shit the bed and then pretended that shitting the bed was his intention the whole time.
>>
>>93662538
>9gag
>>
>>93661783
Pseudo intellectuals from /tv/ that pretend that synonyms for the word movie all have different meanings because a pretentious author said so.
>>
>>93666392
/tv/ memeshitters has gotten me to the point when I want to punch people in the face for saying the word "kino" even though it's an everyday word in my native language.
>>
>>93666430
*where
FUG :D
>>
File: Suicide Squad OSCARS.jpg (205KB, 655x365px) Image search: [Google]
Suicide Squad OSCARS.jpg
205KB, 655x365px
>>93662926
I TORTURE UUUU
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.