/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://forums.spacebattles.com/thr eads/superheroes-and-pol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: spacebattles.png (579KB, 1312x5384px) Image search: [Google]
spacebattles.png
579KB, 1312x5384px
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/superheroes-and-politics.542188/

If Superman and Captain America were real they'd be Liberal Progressive Democrats and the Red Skull would take O'Reilly's spot on Faux News.
>>
>>93655022
>Liberal Progressive Democrats
You can just say communists, bro.
>>
Kill yourself faggot.
>>
Superman no, Captain America yes.
>>
File: no_fishingsignjpg[1].jpg (230KB, 1172x1200px) Image search: [Google]
no_fishingsignjpg[1].jpg
230KB, 1172x1200px
>>93655022
>interpreting comic book character's motives and ideals in such a way that certain positively viewed characters agree with your politcal ideology and outright villains belong to political parties you disagree with.

Yeah, Batman is totally a tea party republican, the Joker is a libertarian, Superman is a UKIP supporter, and Darkseid is a feminist.
>>
>>93655328
Cap would have to be on the edge of the 1940s far-left to be considered anything other than a conservative today. If he was a moderate he'd be considered far-right.
>>
>>93655411
Nice strawman Bizzaro, in real comics tea party republican and UKIP supporters are always the villains.
>>
>>93655547
>>
File: 1ronman.png (53KB, 1310x293px) Image search: [Google]
1ronman.png
53KB, 1310x293px
>>93655578
>>
>>93655525
Steve Rogers was a poor, sickly, first generation child of immigrants (an oppressed one at that) art student with a gay friend, and was on welfare. If we looked at that background today we'd be saying he's tumblr sjw pandering depending on what kind of haircut they gave him.
>>
>>93656197
I'm pretty sure 90% of the stuff you said either isn't canon or was only made canon in the last five years.
>>
>>93656551
More like the last 10 or 15 maybe. The stuff I'm thinking of is from the Brubaker era or thereabouts. The gay friend thing is older still.
This was the guy that shared a title with a black superhero and they basically just drove around the country getting offended at racism and social inequality.
>>
>>93656572
So DeMatteis gave Cap a gay friend because he hated Reagan, then after him no other writer has brought the character back.

See, this is one of the big problems with comicbooks, people want to bring up random shit that everybodies forgotten about and hasn't been brought up seen and then act like it's some vital part of a characters backstory.
>>
Darmani Fuck off you stupid cunt.
>>
>>93655022
Jesus is that site retarded.
>>
>>93655328
Superman has always been progressive. Like his third appearance had him standing up for workers' rights against a corrupt mine owner. Plus, he's the ultimate immigrant.
>>
>>93656749
>Jesus is that site retarded.
Is that a question?
>>
>>93657040
No but yes.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.