[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Family buys new item to replace old beaten thing >Have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: garbage.jpg (111KB, 717x403px) Image search: [Google]
garbage.jpg
111KB, 717x403px
>Family buys new item to replace old beaten thing
>Have trouble adapting
>Throw away the new thing and get the old one back
I've seen this episode on a whole bunch of series, from spongebob to bob's burgers. What the fuck are episodes like these supposed to be about? New things are scary? Avoid change at all cost even when it is inconvenient for everyone? Why don't they ever become about learning to use the new thing?
>>
>>93649837
nostalgia is a powerful thing.
>>
>>93649837
this is the worst because they fucking resolved the damn problem they had with the new car. You piled in all your kids into the van you wanted to keep pristine, the lesson was learned. The episode should have ended with them fucking up saving the old van from the crusher and Leni accidentally spotlighting the resolution for everyone
>>
Nostalgia is a powerful thing that you have to discipline yourself out of believing.
>>
>>93649837
Because you're asking too much from a show that is literally an animated sitcom. Get used to the awful writing, the shoehorned humor and forced diversity.
>>
>>93650510
But it has waifus, so...
>>
>>93649837
I think the idea is to appreciate what you have instead of taking it for granted over the false promises of something better.
>>
>>93650611
Oh yeah, I forgot the only reason this mediocre show is popular on /co/ and /trash/. And yet, they are badly written, one-dimensional characters. Now Nick resorted to pander to the fags with dyke Luna just to score brownie points and keep this show relevant, otherwise it would have been replaced by other new shows
>>
>>93649837
Family Guy of all things did a subversion of this. At the end, they start using their old mattress again, but after realizing poor a condition it's in, they throw it out and go back to the new mattress.
>>
>>93650670
ok
>>
File: 1498942661810.jpg (56KB, 560x700px) Image search: [Google]
1498942661810.jpg
56KB, 560x700px
>>93649837
The idea is usually that using a thing for too much time builds memories and affection for said thing.

They are special because of your history with it.

Doesn't everyone has at least one thing like this?
>>
>>93649837
how much money do this two parent make a month while all of their children waste so much money ?
>>
>>93650693
It's a dark world when Family Guy is the one who goes "Yeah, the new one is better.".
>>
>>93650705
No, because I've been fucking poor as balls most of my life and practicality has always triumphed over sentimentality. Old things are what you have when you can't have anything better.
>>
>>93650693
*how poor a condition
>>
>>93650705
Old leather jacket my Dad gave me. It's lining is worn, pocket slightly torn, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

If someone tore or stole it, I would shit in the gut wounds I would make in them.
>>
>>93650734
>Family Guy subverts a cliche by making the characters callous assholes who don't really care about anything
>>
>>93650611
>>93650670
That's 80% of what makes a good cartoon on /co/.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.