[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will we ever get a reboot of this? These days, people seem more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: rab.jpg (74KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
rab.jpg
74KB, 960x540px
Will we ever get a reboot of this? These days, people seem more familiar with Peabody and Sherman than Rocky and Bullwinkle.
>>
There's that 3D short on the Peabody & Sherman Blu-ray, but it's inaccessible to anyone playing it on any region other than A.
>>
>>93645905
And it's not on KissCartoon, there's no MEGA, and the only place to watch it online is a shitty YouTube video recording the TV.
>>
As a kid, I honestly didn't even know what Rocky and Bullwinkle was about.

Like, there's a moose and a squirrel. And two Russian spies hate them, but the moose and the squirrel don't seem to really be actively doing anything that hinders whatever the Russians are doing,, they're just getting incidentally foiled somehow while wasting time on the moose and squirrel who are just there?

Maybe I just wasn't paying attention, but I could follow Peabody and Sherman, and Fractured Fairy Tales, but Rocky and Bullwinkle always just seemed like a bunch of random stuff happening for no reason
>>
>>93645942
Pretty accurate summary, actually.
>>
>>93645942
Just from my memory, I'm pretty sure Rocky and Bullwinkle did end up foiling Boris and Natasha's plans quite often, but were mostly oblivious whenever B&N retaliated (probably due to how underhanded their villainy is, considering they are spies after all)
>>
>>93645942
I could never recall if it was an actual serial.
Like, it was narrated like it was, but everything seemed so weird it seemed likely that they were just pretending there was something before and there was going to be something after.
>>
>>93645942
>,,

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>93646788
It was an actual serial, but reruns have a tendency not to care about order and the plot is kept kinda loose.
>>
>>93645861
Maybe at the worst possible moment

IE: when June Foray dies
>>
File: balloons.jpg (351KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
balloons.jpg
351KB, 1600x900px
It's hard to say.
Dreamworks owns it now, and it seems like they only acquired it for Peabody and Sherman.
>>
>>93645942
It's so dated now that a lot of the jokes don't make sense. There are a lot of references to then current products and pop culture that no one knows about any more
>>
>>93649751
June Foray can't die before Stan Lee.
>>
>>93645861
Rocky and Bullwinkle was a *great* show; it's clever writing and quirky charm however is possibly lost/incredibly difficult to modernize. The original format was/is in the same vein as adventure serials often heard on the radio or mimicked from newpaper comic strips, only the pair had absurd adventures delivered in a tongue in cheek kinda way. The cliffhanger endings, their principle villains being spies (this was back when the Cold War was still a thing) them discovering some crazy invention or going to go claim a mine of precious ore or what have you were all tried and true tropes of the time.

Duck Tales/ the Barks and Rosa Donald Duck stuff actually told as a legit adventure which is why the tales are timeless. Rocky and Bullwinkle--though again I wanna be clear that I loved this show-- are a parody of such. Unless the Peabody and Sherman guys can revisualize R&B, sadly, they are doomed to become a relic.
>>
>>93645861
I grew up with this show and preferred the Peabody/Sherman sketches desu. Just like the Pink Panther cartoon, the Ant & The Aardvark sketches were funnier.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.