[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you have wished for his freedom, or would you want to use

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 14

File: Aladdin3192.jpg (196KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Aladdin3192.jpg
196KB, 1920x1080px
Would you have wished for his freedom, or would you want to use all three wishes for yourself?
>>
I'd wish for more genies.
>>
File: genie_3_wishes.jpg (47KB, 1280x720px)
genie_3_wishes.jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
>>93637819
He put emphasis that you only get three, I'm sure that would count as violating the rules.
>>
>>93637914
1. my wish
2. make a genie
3. you're free

rinse and repeat with infinite numbers of genies.
>>
>>93637801
I'd ask to be the perfect human specimen in body and mind. Then I'd ask for immortality. I'd use my last wish to let Genie go.
>>
File: ur7SEbM.gif (352KB, 245x300px) Image search: [Google]
ur7SEbM.gif
352KB, 245x300px
Frankly I don't know if I would have felt morally comfortable with freeing him.

Even if he's weakened, even if he's still bound by some form of Genie law, he can still wreak unimaginable havoc with his magic if he really wanted to. He was still performing frank miracles in King of Thieves, transforming the entirety of Agrabah into a festival, among other things. In the end, Aladdin's lucky Genie was benevolent, but had it been someone more mischievous then he could have basically set the world on fire. It's not hard to be a thousands and thousands of years old creature and not learn to dupe people with the illusion of goodwill.

I'd have to think long and hard to find a way to ensure that he wasn't going to go off and destroy the world with his freedom. I wouldn't want to unleash Norm on the world, y'know.
>>
>>93637945
You're seriously tempting one evil genie to emerge that starts a universe breaking magic war.
>>
>>93637951
>immortality

jesus, first, you forgot to ask for eternal youth.
second, being immortal must be depressing as fuck.
>>
1. Infinite wealth for me and those I like
2. Everyone I dislike is killed in a terrible accident
3. You're free!
>>
>>93637914
>>93637819
He's not a dick or anything so we could talk out the rules.
But yeah I'd probably either not use the wishes or use them poorly not having even thought or known I could free the guy.
This is with the idea that I don't know about the Aladdin series.
Because if I DID know then I use 2 wishes for shit I definitely want. And when he's free he'd end up being my bro and helping me out with magic and shit.
>>
>>93637975
Didn't Genie get captured several times in the show and have someone use machines to harness his power or something?
>>
>>93638028
That's even worse then, knowing that he can be captured and bent to someone else's will.

There's an argument that it'd be better for the world that he remain imprisoned and limited.
>>
First, I'd wish for immortality. Second, I'd like infinite wealt. And lastly, I'd let him go.
>>
>>93638054
why do you want to last forever?
>>
>>93637914
What if you justify that as wishing to have all existing genie lamps in order to free all the good genies and keep all the evil genies hidden forever?
>>
>>93637801
If I were dealing with Disney Genie specifically and knew he would return after his trip around the world to be my bro, I would definitely free him.

If it were another genie that wanted freedom, I would probably wish away his magic so he couldn't cause any havoc.

>>93637819
>>93637945
>Not wishing for the powers of a genie without the restriction of being bound to a lamp or master
>>
>>93638054
>>93637951
Why do people WANT to live forever? Fuck, sometimes I curiously think about killing myself and how I might do it out of boredom. Having the ability to kill yourself is like, the last great security you have for when things get really, really tough in life. It's one of the few things that is very hard to take away from a free man. That's why some prisoners feel like they're in hell: They want to die but they're denied it and forced to live out a shitty, shitty life instead.
>>
>>93638085
Jafar had the right idea of wishing to be a sorceror. Honestly, I feel like after that wish, I wouldn't even need a second wish.
>>
>>93638075
He would probably count that as two wishes. Genies usually don't like "and".

Probably better to say, "I wish I had all the lamps of good genies in the world". Though, for all I know, there's some bullshit genie law about how he can't do that. I remember in the show there was a green lady genie and there may have been a reason why our Genie couldn't tell Al about her.
>>
We've had a few threads where OP asked for everyone's three wishes, and surprisingly many anons reserved their third wish to set the genie free out of their own initiative (original post didn't specifically ask about it, but many anons really wanted to free the genie).

I already have three wishes in mind and can't figure out which one to drop, so I fear I wouldn't be able to be as decent on this question as some of the other anons.
>>
>>93638095
Future cars mostly.
>>
I wish I could change the rules on wish-granting.

I wish I could wish for unlimited wishes.

I wish for unlimited wishes.

I wish I didn't need a genie to be able to make wishes.

I wish genie could no longer grant wishes.

I wish genie was trapped in his bottle forever.
>>
>>93638095
cause your suicidal. i on the other hand have a creative mind and can keep myself happy
>>
>>93638095
It's concerning, considering the universe' energy is slowly decaying into nothingness.
>>
>>93637945
This is why you get really specific with your wishes.
>I wish for a non-evil genie that can grant an unlimited number of wishes and is predisposed towards being my friend without going overboard with it
>>
>>93638069
Because I'd have infinite wealth and can finally be happy and buy whatever I want, including future technology. People who say that money can't buy happiness have never been poor before.
>>
>>93637994
That happened in the Aladdin TV show, and you're right on both counts.
>>
1. I wish that if I ever become a genie, I'll immediately be freed.
2. I wish I was a genie.
3. I don't need a third wish, I can free Genie with my own magic.
>>
>>93637801
1. i wish i had cosmic powers that let me create things like immortality and money.
2. i wish i had all the trapped good genies lamps in the world so i can free them.
3. your free
>>
>>93638273
I'm sure there's a rule against Genies freeing each other.
>>
>>93638095
I'm gonna get my flying car someday
>>
>>93638297
Why not just WISH FOR A FLYING CAR???
>>
>>93637801

I'd wish to have working spaceship technology, (Engines, radiation shielding, etc.)

I'd wish to show us how to cure most diseases, thus naturally expanding the human life cycle by double or triple. (Fixing prostates, eliminating cancer, suppressing childhood illnesses, etc.)

Thus saving humanity and then I'd let genie go.
>>
>>93638095
>Wish for eternal youth
>Wish for eternal life with the caveat that you can end your own life if you want to
>Wish for the ability to resurrect a set time after death if you want to
>>
>>93638272
>>93638271

i like wakfu's version of immortality: reincarnation with erased memories.

except for qilby, poor guy went insane because he was so fucking booooored.
>>
>>93638290
Do we even have realize to believe that there are other genies before Jafar wishes to be one?
Genie sets out the rules before Aladdin makes any wishes. There's no reason to assume there are others he didn't mention, especially concerning entities which may not even exist.
>>
>>93638345
Reason to believe*
>>
>>93638343
So Avatar immortality?

>>93638345
There is 0% chance Jafar is the first asshole to wish to be a genie, and they are a prevalent mythological creature in middle eastern tales.
>>
>>93637801
I'd just keep the last wish unused so I can have Robin Williams around for longer.
>>
>>93638339
can't raise the dead
>>
>>93638390
I'll trade in Robbie Williams for Robin Williams.
>>
>>93638345
I go under the logic that
>Can't wish for more wishes
>Can't make people fall in love
>Can't kill people
>Can't bring people back to life
>Other than that, you got it
are the only rules. This isn't Fairly Oddparents where there's a big ass book of rules filled with whatever bullshit you can think of.
>>
>>93638391
You could work around that. Just wish something like that what would normally kill you just causes you to teleport to a safe location of your choice.
>>
>>93638095
Life's really short and time seems to pass by faster and faster as I grow older. I feel like I'm running out of time, there's just so little time to experience everything that I'd like to experience. I want to stay alive and see more. People who wish for immortality probably feel the same way.
Still, I wouldn't dare wishing for immortality. The idea of outliving absolutely everything scares me even more than the brief lifespan of a human.
>>
>>93638495
The fact that there could be nothing but darkness after death scares me most.
>>
>>93637801
I'd bargain with him, just in case he's the asshole genie type.

Like, I get two wishes and he'll do his best to fulfill them in the most positive way possible, without screwing me over. If I'm satisfied with my two wishes, I'll use the third one to set him free. If he fucks me over in any way, no matter how petty and insignificant, I'm using my third wish to fill his lamp with self-replenishing feces and hiding it somewhere nobody will ever find it again to set him free.
>>
File: 274973.jpg (43KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
274973.jpg
43KB, 225x350px
>>93637801
I would use the first 2 for things I want and then set him free. Because I'm a boring dick, but also a decent human being.
>>
>>93638599
Bitch, you don't know what the hell he'll do once he's free. Sure, he's nice when serving you, but he might decide to take over the world once the threat of being sealed back in the lamp is gone.
>>
>>93638465
that would be like wishing for more wishes
just because you know what the wishes are going to be doesn't mean you can wish that you'll have them in the future
>>
>>93637975
Yeah, there's probably a better wish to be made. Like somehow he reincarnates and ends up as a human or all the lamps are wished to the moon so the genies can rub each other off or something.
>>
>>93638465
>get cancer
>I'll just teleport myself to a safe location and I'll be fine :^)
>>
>>93638095
I think the human lifespan is too short. If I could expand the young adult and middle age part of my life to about 250 years and then live the rest of my life as a geriatric, that would be ideal. I honestly think that we might be able to extend life that long within my lifetime, but I'll probably be too late in life to have a good quality of life doing so.

But fuck living forever, I can't imagine a worse fate.
>>
Ok

>1 genie i want to live in the fantasy world of that weeb novel i like so much
> 2 Genie give me those superpowers i always wanted

>look genie there is this girl i like in this world, if you help me conquer her i'll use my last wish to set you free, deal?
>>
>>93638635
That's nothing like wishing for more wishes. If he can make you into a magical being, he can probably enchant you in other ways.

>>93638660
Okay, teleport to somewhere safe of my choice in perfect health. We'd need a few more layers of lawyering to be safe, but it's closer. Really that's a flaw in >>93638339 not including health with his youth.
>>
File: 005.jpg (446KB, 1360x1935px) Image search: [Google]
005.jpg
446KB, 1360x1935px
>>93638054
>>93637951

>immortality
>>
>>93637801
I'd wish for his freedom, but only if he sucks my dick afterwards
>>
>>93638465
Teleport away, but don't teleport the cancer.
>>
>>93638660
meant to respond to >>93639225
>>
>>93639225
That may lead to some swiss-cheese issues.
>>
>>93639147
It's a bad example.
It all works out in the end, teruyo comes to pick her up.
>>
>>93639262
You're immortal though, so you'll heal.
>>
>>93639321
Or you'll suffer forever until the cancer completely takes over your body and you're in nothing but pain.
>>
File: IMG_2147.jpg (103KB, 600x899px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2147.jpg
103KB, 600x899px
>>93638390
You can't bring people back from the dead. It's not a pretty picture, he doesn't like doing it.
>>
File: deadpool_by_reillybrown-d71dc90.jpg (144KB, 800x672px) Image search: [Google]
deadpool_by_reillybrown-d71dc90.jpg
144KB, 800x672px
>>93639398
>I'm okay with this
>>
>>93639321
The original guy didn't write healing into the wishes. Kind of a lack of foresight.

>>93639398
No, you'd be "cured" assuming there's not something carcinogenic lodged in you. If you could remove all cancer cells from someone, they'd be cured, just that's not really possible normally.
>>
File: 1499019697527.jpg (296KB, 1115x1386px) Image search: [Google]
1499019697527.jpg
296KB, 1115x1386px
>>93638095
Lets just say, it's really not that hard to explain.
>>
>>93639442
If you're immortal, that means your body is biologically alive. At some point the wound has to scab over. It probably won't be *fun* but better than going crazy from brain cancer.
>>
File: heresy.jpg (33KB, 413x569px) Image search: [Google]
heresy.jpg
33KB, 413x569px
>>93639450
>>
File: 1498421826294.jpg (211KB, 1026x769px) Image search: [Google]
1498421826294.jpg
211KB, 1026x769px
>>93639466
>Is it really?
Does it count that i'm as brown as he is?
And own a pyrotechic sword.
>>
>>93639442
Aren't cancer cells always present in your body? Wouldn't you consistently be at threat of them becoming active? Eventually, if you keep doing the teleport strat, you'll just disappear or lose vital parts of your organs that can't help over.
>>
>>93637994
Just wish for biological immortality, or word it like "I wish that my body can only change in ways that I see as beneficial"

So you can get new memories, but not develop cancer. You can work out and get stronger, but won't be able to break bones. etc.

Being immortal is only depressing if you are trapped in a loop on non-progression. Even then, think about this... how many times in your life have you gone back to an old book/video game/movie and enjoyed it because enough time had passed for the nostalgia to really kick in?

Being immortal would be like that. Eventually you'd probably amass enough wealth and experiences to just have a nice cycle of nostalgia experiences (say a 40-50 year cycle) while you pad out your life waiting for new things like space travel or virtual reality.

So my wish would be:

1) Carefully worded version of my immortality proposal
2) The ability to grant the prior ability or remove it from anyone
3) Genie freedom
>>
>>93639494
Only the God Emperor can live forever.
>>
>>93639458
"alive" isn't a good term to use. Henrietta Lacks is technically "biologically alive".

>>93639499
>"I wish that my body can only change in ways that I see as beneficial"
This may be better.
>>
>>93639691
I think at that point it's a semantic argument, which granted is important when dealing with genies
>>
>>93639691
The genie would just fuck you by literally making it changes you can "see."
>>
>>93639528
>Though science and fevered religious dogma.
>Things we've both god a shit ton of.
>>
>>93639711
I'd expect him to fuck you over by abusing your limited knowledge of your body and that it implies you micromanage every time you get a papercut or digest something.
>>
>>93639735
In that case, it's probably best to have your first wish be something along the lines of, "I wish that you could not act maliciously towards me in the past, present or future unless consciously and explicitly ordered to by myself. "
>>
File: 20120920.gif (153KB, 612x1437px) Image search: [Google]
20120920.gif
153KB, 612x1437px
>>93639735
>>93639711
"that I believe to be or will learn to be harmful" to catch that then.

Like I said, I'd legal the shit out of that. Also I'm a biochem guy who went through med school so while I won't catch everything, >>93639735
doesn't scare me as much.

Or you could just do this:
>>
>>93637945
Dude, in your universe there must be hundreds of free genies just wandering around doing God knows what.
>>
File: tenor.gif (582KB, 498x301px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
582KB, 498x301px
>>93638239
>I wish I didn't need a genie to be able to make wishes.
Did you even see Aladdin?
>>
File: abubread.jpg (247KB, 400x238px) Image search: [Google]
abubread.jpg
247KB, 400x238px
>"You destroy his lamp, you destroy Jafar."

Fucking hell Genie, why didn't you bring that up in the first movie?
>>
>>93640340
He thought a thousand years in the Cave of Wonders would be a worse punishment.
>>
>>93640288
>I wish that when I become a Gene, someones first wish will be my freedom.

Or just give the lamp to your mum or some one you trust to let you be free.
>>
>>93640360
I forgot how Abis Mal found Jafar's lamp. Did Genie miss and threw Jafar in a well or something?

And holy fuck, I just got the joke in his name years later.
>>
>>93637945
Sounds like a great way to turn yourself into a genie
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.