[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The first four seasons of Jack were pulpy, episodic, and story-driven.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: samuraijack_fbsearchTn[1].jpg (27KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
samuraijack_fbsearchTn[1].jpg
27KB, 250x250px
The first four seasons of Jack were pulpy, episodic, and story-driven. Jack was the vehicle through which we experienced the plot of each episode and more often than not his attempts to defeat Aku or get back to the past were just the springboard for those stories.

The fifth season took those four seasons and flipped almost everything on its head. It got way more violent. It became much more character-driven. It told one large, overarching story. I wouldn't have minded any of that if the season had turned out better, but I don't think Genndy is necessarily equipped to tell that kind of story. Jack's character arc was uneven and the romance with Ashi was painfully trite.

In the end I guess I'm glad it exists if for no other reason than to give the series closure, I just find it strange that Genndy took it in such a different direction, so completely unlike the rest of the series.
>>
>>93634191
Well wasn't the fifth season supposed to be targeted for those who watched the first four as teens/kids?
It was more darker, more mature, and it gave us a more human look about Jack and closed the story. He is a human, he feels regret, fear, love and all other emotions.
>>
While the first three episodes were basically perfect, I was disappointed when they killed off all the daughters so fast. I thought they would have lasted a few episodes more. I was also disappointed that the dark tone was gone after the first three episodes, they should have stuck with it for a little longer.
>We didn't get a bloody samurai in the rain scene like op's pic
>>
>>93634191
>romance with ashi was painfully trite
do people really think this? it was really well done.
>>
>>93634970
>it was really well done.

The romance? Seriously?

It's so... obvious and clumsy and there's no real chemistry. Not to mention Jack's never been portrayed as having romantic thoughts for anybody, at least not that I can recall.
>>
>>93634970
>jashifags going to this extent to find anything salvageable

really makes me think
>>
Are you still whining about this? God, no wonder you can't get laid.
>>
>>93635943
hello genndy
>>
>>93635161
He didn't exactly take a vow of chastity.
>>
>>93635161
He's had romantic thoughts for aku, twice if you consider the comics canon. He ogled a bounty hunter once too. Then there was a childhood crush.

Jashi sucked, but Jack was never purposefully celibate.
>>
>>93635975
I assume that means he's still mad about Mabel Pines. OP will die a virgin.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.