[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"DC Comics Looking To Scoop Talent For 2018 In Wake Of Marvel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 504
Thread images: 37

File: Marvel-Legacy-001-600x394.jpg (66KB, 600x394px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel-Legacy-001-600x394.jpg
66KB, 600x394px
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/07/03/dc-comics-talent-marvel-legacy-misfire/

>At this point, Marvel Comics’ marketing folk were expecting everyone to betalking about Marvel Legacy ahead of their creative team reveals. Unfortunately, they’re all talking abouta cover byHoward Chaykin. And those who are still talking about Marvel Legacy, it’s not in a positive way.

>The marketing has screwed the pooch, creators are gossiping against the publisher like crazy, whipping each other up, and DC Comics is poking around to find out who might be interested in a conversation about working for them instead. Out of the fat and into the fire?

>We mentioned that not announcing the creative teams yet — and not allowing the creatives to discuss the comics that they are currently working on — has contributed to the lacklustre impact so far. But it appears it’s not just a marketing move intended to release information instages and keep the conversation going.

>I have been given to understand that in a number of significant cases, the creative teams haven’t been locked down and are still in flux. Indeed, if social media wanted to campaign for or against a certain creator on a certain book, this mightbe the most receptive time.

>There are big books that will have real market impact being lined up for late 2017 and early 2018, but marketing decided to push hard in September and October instead of waiting a little longer. The homage covers were a filler announcement. Marvel Editor-In-Chief Axel Alonso is receiving heat for allowing them to be hypedup in the way they were.

>The ComicsPro call last week reassured retailers about 2018 plans and asked them for patience. Whether that will be rewarded with orders is to come…

Well /co/? Who are you planning to lobby Marvel to write all 52 Legacy books? Who do you think DC will steal away?
>>
How does that saying goes? Looting a burning house?
>>
>>93626937
That house is ridden with plague carrying mice.
>>
>>93626804
Well Kate Leth has been VERY vocal about her displeasures with Civil War II and the editorial mismanagement over at Marvel

Her writing may not be to /co/'s taste but I could see DC scooping her as there's no shortage of C-lister heroines to give her...

Marvel can't afford to lose GWW... I shudder to think what they would do to Kamala in her absence

Bendis will go down with the fucking ship just so long as his donut steels get to wear the captain's hat

Artists (aside from Frank Cho) are most likely to jump ship given Marvel's low opinion on their name value
>>
>>93626804
How the hell Axel has lasted so long as EIC is a real fucking mystery.
>>
>>93626972
>Well Kate Leth has been VERY vocal about her displeasures with Civil War II and the editorial mismanagement over at Marvel

Where?

Also I kinda wonder if she'd try to pitch Batman '89 again.
>>
>>93626804
>But it appears it’s not just a marketing move intended to release information instages and keep the conversation going
It sounds more like they don't want to admit most of their books have the exact same creative teams (Dan Slott on ASM, Bendis on Defenders, Duggan on GotG, etc).
>if social media wanted to campaign for or against a certain creator on a certain book, this mightbe the most receptive time
Pffft. Yeah right. I doubt tweeting Marvel to put someone else on ASM will get Slott's fat ass off the book. Especially since Slott just tweeted that he's gonna write ASM#800.
>Marvel Editor-In-Chief Axel Alonso is receiving heat for allowing them to be hypedup in the way they were.
Good. He deserves heat for allowing them to be hyped up like that.
>The ComicsPro call last week reassured retailers about 2018 plans and asked them for patience.
Before
>Axel: Don't worry, guys! We plan to change and gonna turn everything around
Now
>Axel: Actually we kind of lied. We aren't going to be ready to change til 2018. Sorry, Not Sorry!
>>
>>93626804
>if social media wanted to campaign for or against a certain creator on a certain book, this might be the most receptive time.
Does /co/ want to finally take down Gabby's America?
>>
File: Untitled.png (104KB, 615x753px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
104KB, 615x753px
>>93627006
Honestly, I wouldn't mind to see that pitch get fully realised
>>
>>93626804
I want David Marquez on a Power Girl ongoing STAT. Also get Sara Pichelli on DC's Bombshells.
>>
>>93626972
hopefully travel foreman and stuart immonen goes back to dc
>>
I'll take Kekwing and Samnee. Ewing should really jump the ship desu, he has been at Marvel for a long time and hasn't really been rewarded with flagship title. He would be great on Green Lantern.
>>
>>93626804
Will they be able to score any of the good artists?
>>
>>93626972
>Marvel can't afford to lose GWW... I shudder to think what they would do to Kamala in her absence
It says a lot about a character when her survival completely depends on one specific writer.
>>
>>93626804
Outside of Duggan, I'd prefer all of Marvel writers stay at Marvel.
>>
>>93626999
More importantly, how has nobody from marketing not been fired? Marvel has been in a marketing blunder since Rebirth started.
>>
>>93627102
>travel foreman
He's trash now, he can stay at Marlel.
>>
>>93626972
I can see Leth doing Batwoman or take over Bombshells
But now that I said it, DC doesn't need Leth if they already have Bennett
>>
>>93627122
More like it says a lot about the state of Marvel.
>>
>>93626972
DC doesnt need Leth and her shit.
>>
>>93626804
Since Marvel is looking for writers, can they take Max Landis away from D.C.? Please? For the love of god, please?
>>
>>93627229
I'd rather shove my dick in a blender than watch her ruin Batwoman.
>>
>>93627274
it's fine, landis is in elseworld containment while giving DC normie money so the comics division profits
>>
>>93627272
>>93626972
>>93627006

I just want Batman 89 to happen with Leth nowhere near it.
>>
File: IMG_9794.jpg (332KB, 1125x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9794.jpg
332KB, 1125x2048px
>>93626804
>if social media wanted to campaign for or against a certain creator on a certain book, this mightbe the most receptive time.

I somehow doubt tweeting Marvel to remove Slott from Amazing Spider-Man will do anything.
Especially since he just posted this.
>>
>>93626804
Is Marvel finally dead?
>>
File: marvel talent.png (362KB, 630x1447px) Image search: [Google]
marvel talent.png
362KB, 630x1447px
>>93626972
>Kate Leth
No thank you.
>>
>>93627409
Yeah DC isn't going to touch gutter trash like her. They don't want some broke-brained Marvel shill on their payroll.
>>
>>93627274
I'd like to see Max Landis at Marvel honestly. Just to see what kind of damage he'd do.
>>
>>93627409
>I am a massive Batman fan.
>I do not read Batman.
Everytime.
>>
I'm going to pitch a few Marvel Comics.
>>
>>93627118
Ewing needs a character that sells, plain and simple. He loves books that are filled with obscure nobodies that he can fool around with and reinvent, but he needs a strong name to get a solid foundation. Give him iron man, so he can come up with an explanation for that robot caveman in issue 2 all the way back in 1965. He seems to like Toni Ho, so maybe she can join him. Captain Marvel will never get cancelled due to company politics, so that'll be safe no matter what he writes.

His best selling book was Loki: Agent of Asgard, and he's never been able to top that success since, because he's putting all his money on Sunspot and Cannonball and they just don't have the pull that Loki does.
>>
Marvel don't hire any talented people anyway.
>>
>>93627297
I think it's a great testament to how well Rebirth is doing when people are willing to defend c-listers like Batwoman written by Bennett the [Unsolicited Opinion]
>>
>>93627564
ribic's great, yu is pretty good
>>
please hire rememeder dc
>>
>>93627595
Because it also means that Marvel's worst writer when ANAD happened learnt from that dumb decision.

Meanwhile Marvel keeps letting rage-fueled sales dictate their future.

IT'S THAT BAD.
>>
>Marvel
>having any talent left to scoop

kek
>>
>>93627595
I'm not going to say it's the best book ever obviously, but Bennett's not taking a steaming dump on the character or writing anything cringeworthy, so I'm fine with it.
>>
>>93627564
I like Duggan. Sure his Deadpool has gotten a tad old. But he's still pretty decent. Heck, his Arkham Manor stuff was also good.
>>
File: Baz Do Awesome Stuff.png (260KB, 278x431px) Image search: [Google]
Baz Do Awesome Stuff.png
260KB, 278x431px
>>93627655
We said the same thing about dogfucker but here we are
>>
>>93627458
So....she's a normie
>>
>>93627458

Anyone have the Hellcat edit?
>>
>>93627595
To be fair, Bennett's always been more successful and less aggravating at DC. Especially since she has her own lesbian sandbox to play with in Bombshells. I get the urge at times to think that all the DC people who move to Marvel and do shittier work do it on purpose. Then I remember that Marvel bas no editorial team, no quality control, and nobody to mentor writers and artists so it comes as no surprise that what they put out is comparitavely shit.
>>
>>93626804
assuming spencer doesn't commit seppuku from secret empire's fallout i'd love to see him on a plastic man ongoing

otherwise I'd be totally fine with wilson on something like a batgirl
>>
>>93626972
I hope DC lets Kate Leth write something for /co/'s reaction
>>
>>93627774
didn't spencer already burned his bridges with dc after making some twitter bait?
>>
>>93627450
>Bennett
>apparently hoping to snag Waid
>>
>>93627675
I'm still flabbergasted at how much I'm enjoying this book.
>>
>>93627774
If they put Wilson on anything it's gonna be Wonder Woman.
>>
>>93627774
No fucking way DC will hire Spencer again after all the shit he's thrown at them on twitter.
>>
>>93627802
Same thing with Waid but the word is he's coming back
But I really don't want to see

>>93627779
Probably something dumb like Harley or Batgirl, something that serves as DC's SJW containment book
>>
>>93627818
johns sitting down with him & a competent editor is my best guess
>>
>>93627807
Bennett's been writing Bombshells for years, and she was also responsible for that Joker's Daughter abortion years ago.
Was Angel the only Marvel she did?
>>
>>93627610
He doesn't even work at Marvel anymore, he's moved onto creator-owned stuff.
>>
>>93627118
THIS
for the past few years, Marvel failed to cultivate any new great selling writers, they mostly just keep tossing around Bendis, Aaron, Duggan, Waid, Spencer etc. on the big titles
can't believe they haven't tried giving Ewing a high-profile title to make him into a star when he is better than 95% of their other writers
imagine how frustrating it must be that Marvel cancels or relaunches your books after like 7 issues, when even trash like Superwoman doesn't get canceled at DC?!
I'd jump ship in a heartbeat
>>
>>93627884
doesn't mean dc can't hire him
>>
>>93627846
>the word is he's coming back
No, the word is that DC's trying to get him to come back. There's a pretty big fucking difference there, anon.
>>
Slott should come back home
>>
>>93627610
>hiring Memender
Also he doesn't even work for Marlel anymore.
>>
>>93627919
Slott shuld fuck off and die.
>>
>>93627906
Fair enough
Think Waid would go back to DC though?

>>93627919
>Slott goes to DC
>Write something amazing and get fit because DChad meme
>Benis gets his sausage fingers on Peter
Just hammer that nail into the coffin
>>
>>93627883
Bennett is gutter trash that DC apparently okay having because lesbians and she sucked Snyder's dick with Tynion.
>>
>>93627939
Bendis wrote Peter for years and it was good idiot
>>
>>93627919
See >>93627363

He is going to stay on ASM til the day he dies.
>>
>>93627906
>No, the word is that DC's trying to get him to come back.
Mark Waid is literally banned from entering the DC offices and it kills him because he's one of the largest DCFags in the world. His Twitter portrait is the Flash and his avatar is the Superman shield. If it was really DC trying to get him back, he'd drop everything he's doing in a heartbeat. It's likely him petitioning his friends like Johns to try and get him back through the door.
>>
>>93627939
> Think Waid would go back to DC though?

Rucka, Dixon, and Robinson are back after the bridges they burned with DC.

So yeah I see it possible Waid coming back.
>>
>>93626804
Well aside of Ewing and Wilson, you would be doing Marvel a favor if you steal a writer from them.
>>
>>93627965
That was before he became obsessed with Miles&Riri and trying to shove black kids in everything.
>>
>>93627774
>Plastic Man by Spencer
something I never knew I wanted, but it sounds good
>>
>>93627595
Fuck off Ewingfag. Rebirth and Bennet are finally reviving Batwoman after edgy hacks like Rucka and JH Williams destroyed her during the new 52.
>>
>>93627939
>>93627906
According to a reddit mod (the highest quality source of course), Waid really, really, really wants Captain Marvel and talked to a con about his plans for him. If DC gave him a Shazam ongoing, he might come back.
>>
>>93627006
>>93627068
>>93627307
I doubt it'll happen either way. Probably too much legal tape regarding celebrity likenesses. The animated 66 movie had issues with that, for example, so Gordon and Alfred had to look different.
>>
>>93627999
Fuck that, I'd rather have King's take on Plastic Man if anything. He did great fucking job with Elmer Dude issue, something with similar tone would be appreciated.
>>
>>93628027
Is that why Johns and DC has been mum on Billy? Because Waid wants to write Billy?
>>
>>93627675
No, it's painful to read. I know reblandfags will read anything, but that book is just atrocious.
>>
>>93627979
>Dixon
Wish he was on the main Batgirl book.
>>
>>93627993
you are a idiot
>>
>>93628052
It's like a MCU movie but with DC characters and also in comic form

The fact that people seem to like it for being fun doesn't help the comparison
>>
>>93627509
Considering his continuity boner, I'd put him in charge of running the X-Men line and give him one of the tentpole titles. Hell, I'd probably give him Captain America.
>>
>>93627122
>It says a lot about a character when her survival completely depends on one specific writer.
Gwenpool
>>
>>93627919
Why the fuck would you want that?
>>
>>93628046
Johns will end up writing it, his Captain Marvel book is basically a movie pitch anyway.
>>
>>93626804
>if social media wanted to campaign for or against a certain creator on a certain book, this mightbe the most receptive time.
if we yell loud enough on twitter, can we finally get Bendis reduced to only being allowed to write his shitty OC's?
>>
>>93628097
It's not the writer that the character is dependent on, it's the artist.

/co/ stops caring about the book when Guruhiru isn't the artist.
>>
>>93628097
She's dependent on the artist, not writer.
>>
>>93627068
>>It was more autobiographical
NOOOOOOOOO, you mean the bed bug issue was something you were inspired to write?!
>>
>>93628046
I'd prefer PAD on a Shazam title.
>>
>>93628056
Why? Batgirl was fun only because of Puckett and Miller. While Dixon's Robin and Nightwing were drab.
>>
>>93627846
seeing waid's fall from grace just makes me wish he'd retire than have him jump ship

>>93627409
going under the impression that the burton/schumacher batman movies & BTAS are probably what she grew up with i feel like if she got to do her batman 89 comic it could actually be pretty good given the right editor to keep her on track
>>
>>93628235
Dixon is one of those writers who really needs a co-writer, especially one that is more "out there."
>>
>>93627409
Yeah she can fuck off.
>>
>>93628029
I don't really care if they do have to change celebrity likenesses. I just want a Burton Batman continuation
>>
>>93628261
I enjoy Kingdom Come enough to wish Waid have one last ride of glory before he retires, but the damage might have been long done deep
>>
>>93626804
Is Loveness up for grabs?
>>
It really says something about Marvel that they hyped Marvel Legacy as "Changing the entire industry" and then being shocked when it's being criticized. What the fuck did they expect? Or is it because they got so comfortable with brown nosing fans who loved shit like Squirrel Girl's art that they were blindsided this badly when they did minimal effort for change?

I'll laugh if Dobson gets hired by Marvel.
>>
>>93627409
Where does marvel find trash like this? unprofessional from top to bottom. I've never seen a DC creative do these kinds of things.
>>
Who do they even have worth stealing? Waid is past his prime, Bendis will never leave, neither will Slott, no way Spencer joins DC, Aaron is always miss for the big two, Ewing is hit and miss. They might be stealing some artists though.
>>
>>93628317
I'm pretty sure most of them are hired because of nepotism
>>
>>93628228
That would be great
>>
>>93628348
They already have Copiel doing a variant cover for Batman in Sept.
>>
>>93628348
The guy doing Secret Warriors has potential.
>>
File: tgot.jpg (668KB, 3895x1961px) Image search: [Google]
tgot.jpg
668KB, 3895x1961px
>>93628348
Ribic deserves better than Aaron's writing
>>
>>93628348
i want yu to draw a nightwing run
>>
>>93628366
I think he'd be the best choice if they stuck with the Nu52 cast.
>>
>>93628348
I want Ewing to fix DC cosmic and let him go nuts

Wilson is still pretty good and she did good work with DC characters in that Vixen mini she did
>>
>>93626804
> >At this point, Marvel Comics’ marketing folk were expecting everyone to betalking about Marvel Legacy ahead of their creative team reveals. Unfortunately, they’re all talking abouta cover byHoward Chaykin

So what happened exactly
>>
>>93628384
Rosenberg. Marvel stole him from DC's writing class.
>>
>>93628466
maybe have him continue building the multiverse because morrison left it half-baked
>>
>>93628348
bendis would leave if anything happened to his OCs

slott would probably jump ship if DC made the right offer or if marvel kicked him off of spiderman. but i think part of what's been hurting ASM sales recently is slott's toxic reputation on social media become more widespread so i'd doubt DC would take him even if he wanted them to.
>>
>>93628348
>Waid is past his prime
He can't fuck up Bart or Wally, right?
>>
>>93628317
>unprofessional from top to bottom. I've never seen a DC creative do these kinds of things.
Leth wasn't even working for Marvel at that point. She was a webcomic blogger with Comics Alliance. Literally shilling for a living. But you see, that's where Marvel finds their trash. Webcomic bloggers and YA authors.
>>
>>93628582
Bart is beyond repair
>>
>>93628582
He already did back in 07/08.
>>
>>93628582
Waid wrote the most boring Bart back in the day
>>
>>93627779
would be funny if it's decent too
>>
>>93628596
Slott has needless twitter fights on a daily basis. I'm wondering why any company at all would hire someone like that.
>>
>>93628466
>Ewing on L.E.G.I.O.N.
I'm down although I'm not sure he'd be able to inject quite enough suffering into it
>>
>>93628367
Hopefully he'll be on LoSH again for their inevitable launch
>>
>>93626999
Good point. I know a lot of people hate Joe Q, but the dude at least understood Marvel's characters and knew how to (positively) exploit the talent available to him to revolutionize Marvel as a brand. Pretty much everything Marvel is doing in the MCU now is straight outta Joe Q era Marvel.

And now it's come to this.
>>
CBR tells me that Marvel is doing great, nothing is wrong
>>
>>93627675
Baz is shit. I don't understand the appeal.
>>
>>93627976
Except that Waid's made it pretty clear he hates the current editorial there. He's fucking hates Harras's guts and blames him for the industry crash in the 90s. He's not the one doing the petitioning when it's obvious he wants a shift in editorial first before doing any work there again.
>>
>>93628766

What kind of world are we living in, that people are talking about the positives of Quesadilla.
>>
>>93628795
delete
>>
>>93628801
Please don't take quesadilla's name in vain, they are a delicious food
>>
>>93628766
>>93628801
god what if he goes back to DC
>>
File: this is fine.png (156KB, 772x647px) Image search: [Google]
this is fine.png
156KB, 772x647px
>>93628790
>>
>>93628873
Why would he when he has a comfy exec job at Marvel and barely has to do anything?
>>
>>93628801
We are looking at the result of a decades long infiltration by a DC man.
>>
>>93628897
because Marvel is in absolute shambles
>>
>>93628801
Outside OMD, what else did he do wrong?
>>
>>93628913
I don't think he cares as long as he keeps getting pay checks.

Also he's the reason DC doesn't do crossovers with Marvel anymore. Why would they even want him back?
>>
>>93627564
Their artists are generally pretty great

Only problem is they're all saddled with the worst writers
>>
File: DiCaprio Face.jpg (10KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
DiCaprio Face.jpg
10KB, 384x288px
>>93628907
>Alonso is pulling the super long con The Departed style
>>
>>93626804
The Marvel Comics is dead. Bury it.
>>
>>93628971
BvS is the meme foundation that refuse to run dry
>>
>>93628468
See >>93620237
Image Artist/Writer made a cover with Muslim being hanged with his penis cut off (same comic got in for killing transsexuals in it earlier)
Twitter got upset.
Image pulled the cover.
Image Staff has to take progressive LGBT courses so they don't greenlight a comic like that again.
>>
>>93627999
It would only be good if Lieber was on art. Otherwise it would just turn out mediocre and disappointing like Ant-Man
>>
>>93626804
Marvel's been off kilter for a while now but this takes the cake for nonsensical clickbait.

I sincerely hope nobody has been going to the links and giving him ad impressions.
>>
Gee Marvel, it's like putting Moon Girl in every book backfired.
>>
In hindsight, do you think Charles Soule and Jeff Lemire regret leaving DC for Marvel?
I guarantee that had Lemire not left DC for Marvel, he would be in King's spot right now as like the top writer in DC.
>>
>>93629066
No, DC wouldn't have changed if people like them hadn't left in the first place. They can always come back.
>>
>>93629013
Ant-Man was great. Literally the only reason you want Lieber so bad is because he posts on /co/.
>>
>>93629097
>Ant-Man was great
perhaps on the Bizarro-World you inhabit, but not here on Earth-33

Also Lieber is a legitimately good artist regardless of his presence on /co/
>>
>>93629066
Lemire makes enough dough from his creator owned stuff now, so I doubt it

I think he's done writing for marvel soon and just doing creator owned
>>
>>93629003

Who gives a fuck what a bunch of non comic readers think. Hasn't marvel learned this by now
>>
File: 1490891476255.jpg (1MB, 895x2659px) Image search: [Google]
1490891476255.jpg
1MB, 895x2659px
>>93628885
>>
DC buying out Image and canning The Walking Dead and all of that other creator-owned shit when?
>>
>>93629166
that post isn't about Marvel
>>
File: 1498528148541.jpg (456KB, 1902x1467px) Image search: [Google]
1498528148541.jpg
456KB, 1902x1467px
>>93626972
>(Pic related)
Need I remind you of this?
>>
>>93629166
It was mostly comic writers/artists that were upset not the usual SJW nobodies.
>>
Please take slott
Please take slott
Please take slott
PLEASE TAKE SLOTT
>>
>>93627666
Thats the power of decent editors, which marvel doesnt have. If editors did their job, we wouldnt so many dank memes
>>
>>93629230
Nope. >>93627363

Slott plans on staying and writing Amazig Spider-Man.

Forever.
>>
>>93629230
Keep him Marvelbro, you guys can keep Waid as well.
>>
You know Marvel is fucked when the last and current event were about the same characters already dominating the books.
>>
>>93627966
So it's simple then, we offer Slott some high fatty food.
>>
>>93626972
>kate leth REBIRTH'D

I wanna see it.
>>
File: DChads.png (3MB, 1714x1076px) Image search: [Google]
DChads.png
3MB, 1714x1076px
>>93629331
Another added to the collage
>>
File: 1490459010914.jpg (74KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1490459010914.jpg
74KB, 1024x768px
>>93627409
>New 52
>Just started reading comics
>>
>>93628091
Yeah X-Men would be good because he can make up and play with a lot of characters that are no names or c-listers and even make his own

Captain America would work too because there are a lot of c-listers in Steve's rogue gallery and supporting cast.
>>
>>93629347
the fuck happened to doug? he was jacked those days but now he looks pudgy
>>
>>93628907
>>93628970

I want to believe for the lolz

>Marvel goes bankrupt
>DC hires Alonso to be Editor in Chief and we have a new Golden Age of cape comics including DC buying Marvel and just uses certain characters.
>>
>>93627774
what the fuck, i was literally thinking about what if spencer/lieber did a plastic man book earlier today
>>
>>93629398
hypercrisis
>>
>>93629347
>scott snyder
>same fitness regime as his children

should be a killer workout
>>
>>93629376
If google is right about him being born in 1955, then he is turning 62 this year.
>>
Are we about to hit the point that Marvel starts doing every stupid idea fans throw out to try to win them back?
>>
>>93629378
Jesus Christ, fanboys are a disease. Want to know what will actually happen?

>Marvel goes bankrupt
>comics industry crashes even harder than before
>>
>>93629429
I just googled him now also, can't believe he's that old
>>
>>93628317
Part nepotism and part Marvel being cheap (mainly due to Perlmutter)

Why do you think DC has all the top talent now? And why they took King, Abnett, even fricking Humphries who was proyected to be the next big Marvel writer (he was also Bendis' apprentice).
>>
>>93629435
All we know is this is just a sample of what we can expect in 2018
>>
>>93629443
Last time Marvel crashed the industry they caused damage too. At least next time we can try and be rid of Marvel once and for all.
>>
I got my fingers crossed for Loveness and Perez. They deserve much more than what Marvel gave them.
>>
>>93629495
You'll be rid of everyone else too, dumbass.

I'd rather not see comic shops and publishers shut down en masse because of your console wars, thanks.
>>
>>93626804
Oh, well if it is bleedingcool then we know it to be fact. You are more likely to get more truth from a Trump tweet or Infowars story than that shitty shit.
>>
>>93629491
Cause most of this will get canned by then?
>>
>>93629443
They already did that

But it won't happen again because Disney would bail them and worst case scenario Disney completely destroys the comics division and give the publishing comic rights to another comic publisher and they get to be one of the big two.
>>
>>93629505
Give them Blue Beetle with Jaime and Ted Kord, they would fucking own that shit and this time without whiny DnAfags crying about it (and I say this as a Rich Rider fan myself).
>>
>>93629443

Yeah, because Axel Alonso is actually an undercover agent working for DC by torpedoing Marvel Comics. That's obviously really happening in the real world.

If it were Waid I might actually give it some credence but more as a way to redeem himself in DC's eyes rather than DC planting him
>>
>>93628311
>Dobson and Chris Chan get hired.
>Who else and what should their ongoings be?
>>
>>93629536
Yeah, Marvel got a clue of what's going on when nobody have a shit about the variants announcement.
They've already given up on Legacy and thinking up what they'll be doing for the next relaunch
>>
>>93629535
Coipel already got solicited for some DC stuff so it's not exactly a leap of logic
>>
>>93629550
After Playdom and other companies Disney sacked the staff of, I would not be shocked if Marvel closed down their comic division
>>
>>93629580
I really won't put it pass Waid at this point. The man is...gone
>>
>>93629197
Its almost like she saw the first image and decided it was sound advice instead a critique...
>>
>>93629584
Add Ryan Schoomer.
>>
>>93629575
There were a lot more reasons Nova tanked than just the apathetic-at-best response Rich's fan had to it.
>>
>>93629606
ESPN fired a shitload of their best reporters
>>
>>93629347
>dogfucker
>one of the three guys who killed Star-Lord
Just like with Bendis and Gunn, I'll never forgive him no matter how good haircuts or nice suits he gets to fuck his dogs.
>>
>>93629066
Is Soule still on an exclusive contract?
>>
>>93629642
He is.
>>
>>93629650
Do we know when it ends?
>>
>>93629632
>Rich fans
You mean NINO haters or whatever the fuck, you know they hated the comic because of Sam.

I mean I know there were a lot of things that contributed to its cancellation even if the comic was good but the whining was some of the most annoying petty fan shit that I've ever read. Especially since those faggots celebrated when the comic got cancelled but then cried about Marvel not having Rich in legacy or not giving him another comic.
>>
>>93629535
Keep dreaming Marvelfag
>>
>>93629633
That's the other company. If Disney did that to ESPN, Marvel wouldn't be far behind.
>>
>>93628136
>>93628143
It's both.
Outside of the GotG book, just about every single thing Gwenpool has shown up in has been utterly terrible. Hastings manages to keep the meta humour from becoming too cringe while bringing in some level of character development.
>>
>>93629584
Chris Chan gets to make his own selft-insert Inhuman Sonic OC and they pair him up with Pichelli much to her horror.

I don't know much about Dobson other than he has a blue bear avatar and that he's a dick.

>>93629628
He writers an edgy character but still doesn't get to write Deadpool because fuck him.
>>
>>93629723
It was only the owner of CBN who was acting like that.
As a huge fan of Rich, I was beyond caring when it got cancelled. I do think Marvel should let him have a comic where Sam isn't a focus. Even if it does get cancelled super quickly, what does Marvel care? After 3 consecutive titles that nobody could sell, it would be a drop in the bucket
>>
>>93626804
Honestly? I want Al Ewing on a teen/young hero team book. Marvel has created so many of those types of characters only to let them fall into limbo. And since Ewing loves his obscure characters so it'd be interesting to see who he'd dig up.

Also I want Cullen Bunn on something that'll allow him to fucking use Mania. Yes I know she's appearing in Bunn's Venomverse but I'd like something that's ongoing. .
>>
>>93628091
>>93629375
X-Men was always more about the soap opera than anything else. It's not really Ewings style.
Cap is an alright idea though.
>>
>>93627965
Ultiamte Spidey is overrated by nostalgia, it's 7/10 at best
>>
>>93629827
It wasn't just the CBN owner it was people at /co/, reddit, and in other boards.

Nah I liked his relationship with Sam but he's going to pop up in GotG without Sam so lets see what other excuse Dickfags make this time.
>>
>>93629763
Marvel literally costs nothing to run compared to ESPN.
>>
>>93629664
He seems to be content to be a yes man. His Astonishing X-men book is starting soon.
He's the man who they hired to defend the terrigan cloud with the defense "it's just like a peanut allergy! You wouldn't ban peanuts if just a few kids are allergic to it."
Yes Mr. Soule, schools DO ban stuff like that.
>>
>>93629632
Regardless of how that comic was America Chavez' comic is doing worse than what that comic was doing at issue #4 and it already outlived it.
>>
>>93629347
Shit is that really Bennett
>>
>>93629813
>He sets his character up with a boyfriend free girl, Kamala.
Now does this inhuman look like a sonic character or a human version of a sonic character?
>>
>>93629347
scott snyder in this pic is hilarious, everybody else looks natural there while he looks like he's awkwardly trying to hang with the cool kids
>>
>>93629865
I didn't see anyone minus like 2 or 3 people celebrating on /co/, and I don't use Reddit. I'd assume Reddit would have liked it since they seem like they'd bend over for Marvel.
Duggan said they'll both be in GotG, so I'm not sure if he'll be by himself. I think a run comic that focuses on him and not Sam is only fair after all this. They had 3 runs that did poorly back to back to back. What does Marvel have to lose after that?
>>
>>93629923
Maybe his Inhuman power is to switch into a yellow Sonic the Hedgehog character at will?

>>93629940
Everytime I see this I get sad knowing that he's dead.
>>
>>93628311
>they hyped Marvel Legacy as "Changing the entire industry" and then being shocked when it's being criticized.
Anyone got the Bleedingcool Slott screenshot where he says it was a clickbait headline?
>>
File: ClAYx80UgAA6LyE[1].jpg (176KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ClAYx80UgAA6LyE[1].jpg
176KB, 768x1024px
>>93629909
Yep. I couldn't believe it either

>>93629931
Truly /ourguy/
>>
>>93628317
>I've never seen a DC creative do these kinds of things.
I have.

Renae De Liz and Ray Dillon were whining on twitter about Rucka getting the main Wondy book......so DC cancelled their book and fired their asses. Like an actual company with actual standards and professionalism should.
>>
>>93629923
Who would Dobson inflate?
>>
File: 1498515409668.jpg (457KB, 904x2040px) Image search: [Google]
1498515409668.jpg
457KB, 904x2040px
>>93629968
>>
>>93629347
>Tom King was a former CIA
He must be ripped too.
>>
>>93630007
I genuinely don't know how they didn't expect this to blow up in their face when they said it was industry changing.
>>
>>93627965
He wrote a Peter unburdened by decades of continuity, which allowed him to remix and repack said continuity to make Ultimate.

He can't do the same thing twice. That's why the later part of the run sucked.
>>
File: Banana Spear Boner.png (274KB, 672x434px) Image search: [Google]
Banana Spear Boner.png
274KB, 672x434px
>>93630014
>You now remember DC hired a guy named Owl Goingback
>>
>>93630007
You know, if there was a panel at a con where someone verbally lashed at Dan Slott...I would feel so happy.
>>
>>93629955
Previous run focused on both of them, the first issue was mostly Sam but later it was equally with both characters and the last parts where more about Rich.

Duggan so far has only mentioned that Rich is going to be in his GotG comic, nothing about Sam. Yeah people ask about Sam and Rich and he goes "Yeah" but he always specifically talks about Rich. Who knows but all I know is that he wants to do something with Rich and Robbie.

But that said Nova isn't really and never has been a popular character and especially with current Marvel so it was going to tank regardless of Rich or Sam. Loveness was the best we're going to have for awhile and IMO he was pretty good regardless of what Dickfags think, I wish he could have done at least his planned 21 comics.
>>
>>93630058
I think he said he sent in some Ivy script? I hope it's good.
>>
>>93629999
I don't think it was Rucka. The duo apparently pitched a book about the Amazons, and it was rejected at the time. DC later announced "Odyssey of the Amazons" which was similar to the pitch but with a different writer. Comicsbeat were apparently told by a higher DC source that the last outburst was the breaking point. and that the duo had been slinging shit behind the scenes before, so you might be right about Rucka, but he was not mentioned (I think it might have been about Earth One and promotion that Morrison got).

http://www.comicsbeat.com/renae-deliz-ray-dillon-and-the-eternal-war-of-creators-and-publishers/
>>
>>93630062
SDCC this july is going to be real interesting...
>>
>>93630058
>>93630085
Rich the Leech had a "scoop" about DC maybe doing a Horror thing for October. I don't remember the author that he was talking about, but Owl Goingback is a horror author, so something might be in the works.
>>
>>93630034
And that's why the rest of it is pretty rubbish-tier in terms of writing. He really retreaded the Spidey story with a different setting, nothing more.
>>
>>93630033
I still think they hard aborted whatever they had planned but some people didn't get the memo.
>>
>>93630007
thank you
>>
>>93630100
But anon! It IS July!
>>
>>93630033
Imagine how much their rumored next relaunch in 2018 is going to blow up on them them
>>
>>93626972
>Giving Kate Leth any DC heroines.

NO.
FUCK NO.
DEAR GOD NO.
>>
>>93630120
Hope he ends up being a good writer, that name is memorable (does his middle name start with a b).

>>93630162
I meant later this july, or at least whenever SDCC starts.

Fuck it better be good, any of you fuckers going? record that shit.
>>
>>93630175
what will you do when it happens and she's decent because DC has actual editors?
>>
>>93627409
I kinda want to punch her in the cut with my car
>>
>>93630033
Marvel is so far up their asses that they just assume that making these changes would solve their future permanently. It's like
>>There! Now Iron Man is a black girl! I can just lean back and let the money come in.
>>What? We have to put effort into our stories? But minorities are the hot fad right now!
>>What do you mean we can't just bring Iron Man back?
>>
>>93630211
*cunt
>>
>>93630186
>I meant later this july, or at least whenever SDCC starts.
>Fuck it better be good, any of you fuckers going? record that shit.
Remember that girl freaking out at Kieron Gilleon over something with the Young Avengers?

Or remember last NYCC when all they announced was America and Deadpool the Duck?
>>
>>93630171
>We were merely pretending that this one was industry changing
>The next one will be the big one
Do they think no one will notice this bullshit?
>>
>>93626972
>Kate Leth writing Harley

Might be good
>>
>>93629347
Wow bennet is fuckable
>>
>>93630237
I am not with up with con drama, what happened?

Only one I know is that around a decade ago there was a Stephanie brown Batgirl cosplayer harassing Didio at every con he went.
>>
>>93630289
such is life as a DChad
>>
>>93630293
>I am not with up with con drama, what happened?
It was like a year ago. Some girl freaked out about something about gay characters not being represented right. Kieron brought her aside and they talked as the panel went on.
>>
All I want is Hastings on Ambush Bug or Plastic Man, hell, even Harley Quinn. everyone else they can abandon.
>>
>>93630349
>not Hastings on Superboy Prime
>>
>>93630237
I remember people freaking out to Kieron Gillen in more than one con.

The best part was that it wasn't bitching about typicial Tumblr shit as one would expect from Young Avengers fans, but the fact that he had America decide Kate wasn't straight. Gillen had to explain plenty of times that Kate was completely straight no matter what America said. So hilarious.
>>
>>93628798
>he wants a shift in editorial first before doing any work there again.
Well too fucking bad because DC is not gonna shuffle its editorial to get Waid's old ass back.
>>
>>93630378
Someone needs to tell the America writer that, because she doesn't seem to think it was a joke
>>
>>93629347
TSUJ
>>
>>93630426
>>MY SEXUALITY IS NOT A JOKE!!!!!
>>
>>93628647
Disagree. That was 1000% Johns.
>>
>>93627122
She's the only one who knows how to write Kamala Khan good.
>>
>>93630330
Oh wow well I guess this year is going to get crazier now that a lot of people are mad.

But yeah if someone goes please record the panel.
>>
>>93630293
>around a decade ago there was a Stephanie brown Batgirl cosplayer harassing Didio at every con he went.

that should happen every time he steps out in public imo
>>
>>93630007
Need I remind you Double 07 that you have a license to kill, NOT to break the butthurt laws with Slott
>>
>>93630476
You think that would scare him? He worked as a debt collector.

Not to mention in the end he shut down that Batgirl in a really nice way (but loud, not shouting but Didio has a big voice) that people applauded him in the end and she went and sat down and never bothered him afterwards.
>>
>>93630065
Duggan said they're both showing up in the letter page for his most recent GotG issue.
Yeah, Rich isn't a super big a Lister, but he's nowhere near as unpopular and disliked as Sam. I mean, he made it back as the only guy without a confirmed movie for MvCI. After so many failed titles with Sam, who gives a shit if one about only Rich tanks?
>>
>>93630527
>Didio was a DC before working for DC.
>>
>>93630488
He's triple oh seven though
He has a licence to booty-blast
>>
>>93630579
Rich only came back to MvC:I because they needed cosmic guys for the Thanos story and his model was already created. If Capcom wasn't this level of lazy, I'm 100% sure he would've been replaced by Dance off bro guy.
>>
File: file.png (306KB, 329x500px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
306KB, 329x500px
>>93630058
Owl Going to Break Your Back
>>
>>93630640
They could easily just given his entire moveset or "function" to Carol and had her going up against Thanos.
Yeah, laziness is a huge factor as to why he's back, but it's still impressive for him to be the only non-MCU character here
>>
>>93630584
The Hypercrisis is Real
>>
>>93630193
Yeah, because having editors is going to magically make her a good writer.
>>
Shortlist of people DC should get
>Al Ewing
Would love to see how he'll play with The Bleed and Multiversity and Hypertime. I'd like to see him and Abnett co-write something cosmic. A New Gods book perharps?
>Ramon Perez
Nova was fucking gold, sorry to Giffen fags but I'd love to see if he can muster that same magic with Blue Beetle (I mean c'mon, instead of Ted/Jaime Hijinks we just got a follow-up to JL3K)
>Chris Samnee
Good Art, nothing else.
>Greg Pak
Paktion Comics was fucking solid, and I still love his Incredible Herc run. If Yang ever bails out on New Super-Man Pak is on my shortlist of people who should pick it up. Kenan is basically a stupider Cho with hints of Super Bro inside, he'll get in groove writing him
>>
>>93630426
Death of the author and all that.
>>
Avengers to be relaunched as a book starring Rogers, Stark, Odison, and Banner incoming.

It still won't sell well despite all of the "popular" original characters. Comic shops are going to order big on the first issue though.

I cannot wait.
>>
>>93630730
Giffen needs to really take his permanent retirement, he just doesn't have it in him anymore.
>>
>>93630579
They both had titles that tanked.

MVCI is shit and he's only there as a reuse not because he's popular, as a matter in fact it's a miracle that he's back. Still a lot of people would rather have X characters than him.

>Duggan said they're both showing up in the letter page for his most recent GotG issue.

He just said Yes to someone asking a long question about Rich or Sam returning, but he only talks about Rich when people ask about Nova or brings him up. I mean Duggan is vague as shit since he doesn't want to give up his storylines.

>Yeah, Rich isn't a super big a Lister, but he's nowhere near as unpopular and disliked as Sam

Pretty sure there's a lot more people who don't give a shit about Rich than there is people who like him. Rich doesn't have a lot of fans, and I dunno about Sam but he does have some fans but it's usually the tumblr type and we know they don't buy comics and the Japanese love him (mainly because he's the Nova they know through cartoons and the Disk War anime).

Sam is only hated by Richfags, no one else really gives a damn mostly because most people don't care about Nova in general. Only DnA's Nova run got decent sales and it was going down in the end but before that all of Rich's comics were cancelled due to low sales.

Only thing that will make Rich sell not is having a movie but I'm sure that will also kill any potential of him having a quality comic since you know who they give their popular properties to.
>>
>>93630764
Source?
>>
>>93630723
worked for Humphries
>>
>>93630802
Sugar and Spike was fun. I still have hope a reunited Giffen/DeMatteis/Maguire might give us gold but I'm not sure if Maguire is still angry with DC cutting him off JL3K so suddenly.
>>
>>93629374
It's a decent starting point for new people. That's why they did it.
>>
>>93626804

Jesus fuck no.

DC is still alright.

Keep your SJW pandering failures in Marvel.
>>
test
>>
>>93630730
I agree, both Perez and Loveness should go to Blue Beetle, they'll have more success over there.
>>
>>93630764
Please just kill Rogers and kill the Captain America title and let that old soldier rest in peace for once.
>>
>>93630821
lol have you seen sales lately?

This is what they feel like they have to do, i.e. give the people the "original Avengers", get rid of legacies, etc.

And that shit's still not gonna sell.
>>
>>93630813
Sam is subject to huge push back not only from Rich's fans, but also comic readers in general.
He had a massive push to start and appeared in several books outside of his in that all tanked terribly. Look at New Warriors, ANAD Avengers, and Champions and try to find the trend.
Rich was at 23k when his last solo got cancelled at 36 issues. Sam was already below that by the 14th issue of his first series.
>>
>>93630826
That's true, forgot about the dog fucker.
I think he became a little more professional as well, went from looking like a homeless dude to looking like he actually gave a fuck about himself.
>>
>>93630904
why are you so angry hahaha wtf
>>
>>93630904
Show us where DC touched you.

Marvel interns are sweating bullets, huh?
>>
>>93629637
sometimes i wish they just had DnA cosmic be in it's own universe just so people here can finally shut the fuck up about GOTG.

i like DnA too but this shit is getting to TTfag levels of annoying.
>>
>>93630904
Marvel intern i'm sorry your job is in jeopardy.
>>
>>93627409
Why are these people so upset with any heaviness and darkness in fiction?

How do they even write fiction? What do their villains do? Disagree with their progressive ideals on Twitter?
>>
>>93630970
the level of quality that dropped after they left was fucking huge. Bendis ruined them it wasn't even like DnA made the best Gtog it was just solid. Benis aaron and dogfucker ruined him because of some mediocre movie. it's ridiculous.
>>
>>93630983
read kath leths hellcat where nothing happens and is garbage.
>>
>>93627141

Fuck you. Duggan is staying on deadpool, asshole
>>
>>93627939
Superman or Captain Marvel would get Waid back at DC
>>
>>93629181
>DC buying out Image

grow up
>>
File: 1478265405844[1].jpg (293KB, 928x982px) Image search: [Google]
1478265405844[1].jpg
293KB, 928x982px
>>93629347
You can add Whedon to that now too.
>>
>>93630932
Compare all of Sam's solos with Rich's other solos other than DnA's and account for inflation and Rich's other titles still tanked really bad, especially Larsen's run which didn't make it out over issue 7.

DnA did something interesting with Rich but before that he was a literal who and right now he's a literal who with an vocal fanbase who can get annoying.

>Sam is subject to huge push back not only from Rich's fans, but also comic readers in general.

Only Rich fans hate him, Sam does have a fanbase what with him being in the USM cartoon (he'll be popping up in the GotG cartoon too) and he's getting a push in some of the Marvel games. As for fans whobuy comics? Probably not that much yeah, especially if his comics failed but I can argue that before DnA Rich was the same.

But mostly everyone else doesn't give a fuck about Sam or Rich and the constant Dickriding, Sam hate and the crazy that is CBN just makes Rich fans looks like giant entitled assholes.
>>
>>93629181
My LCS owner, a known idiot that somehow keeps his shop afloat, was talking about how Disney was looking to buyout Image just this past week.
I shit you not.
>>
>>93631013
Also it's not like them leaving was the end of it, thanks to that even more mediocre sequel they're somehow getting worse every appearance they get. When not even Duggan can save you, it means the damage was incredibly huge indeed.
>>
>>93631069
It's funny just how big of a bias the mouse buys.
>>
>>93629999
>>93630094

I'm just reading up on this now. jesus they got fucking told hard
>>
>>93631013
>mediocre movie.
i forgot that /co/ hates MCU movies now because of synergy meanwhile DC does synergy too but are less obvious about it
>>
>>93629664
Why the fuck would you want that rancid piece of shit back? Kill yourself.
>>
>>93631128
There was also a flood of people that still hadn't received the commissions they paid for from them, some had been waiting years.
>>
>>93631143

we are at war with eurmarvel and we have always been at war with eurmarvel
>>
>>93631104
i actually like the movies. They were self contained stories though they were just fun. I hate HATE HATE the retardation marvel management is suffering where they think they can do a 180 on a character and think it's fucking acceptable.
>>
>>93631157
glad DC canned them, I just read the facebook post comments as well. The cancellation mid production while being pregnant was the icing on the cake
>>
>>93631143
I don't see any synergy with DC aside from Suicide Squad, but DC Comics were pushing Harley as the leader way before the movie came out.
>>
>>93626999
Brevoort does not want the job, Bendis is too dangerous to be let near the chair, and the SJW sand nigger is too toxic to even be considered, given the hell the company currently is in
>>
>>93631191

i've long said bendis would be decent editorial, get talented creative teams to do his ideas
>>
>>93631143
Like I said I still enjoyed it, it was just mediocre. it shouldn't have been a revolutionary change on a character. DC is just as obvious with harley but i don't give a shit about her. I did care about starlord but at this point I'm just convinced this is some AU version of him and the real one is dead in the cancerverse.
>>
>>93631143
Marvel doesn't do synergy. They outright copy the dumbest shit from their movies. And considering GotG was a dumb movie to begin with, the outcome couldn't have been worse for what once was a respected franchise.
>>
>>93630730
>Good Art, nothing else.
Eh, his Black Widow was pretty decent, especially towards the end when Waid fucked off.
>>
>>93631143
>DC does synergy too but are less obvious about it
DC's been doing synergy since the 1940s. They just incorporate ideas if they're good and aren't retarded about it like Marvel. Perry White, Jimmy Olsen, Batgirl, the Batcave, thin Alfred Pennyworth, and many, many more things never originated in the comics.
>>
>>93631083
Nice shoop.
>>
>>93630970
Honestly I think everyone would be happier this way although DnA is never getting back together so I guess if they gave Abnett a universe for him to play but then again his GotG fanbase wouldn't buy it.

>>93631013
>>93631104
It's why he went and got his own Peter Quill in Guardians 3000 and even when that was happening people were still whining about DnA not being back (and I noticed a lot of people that cry for DnA are just memeing, like that one anon that got pissed at Bendis' Original Sin because Drax was wearing his original Starlin era purple outfit, obvious sign that anon also didn't read Thanos Imperative) and none of those so called DnA fans even cared or supported Guardians 3000 or Guardians of Infinity (which had to be saddled with shitty back up stories with the popular Guardians because Marvel thought that would make Abnett sale).

Like fuck I'm glad Abnett left for DC because Marvel was shit, and even if he was doing something good he wasn't getting any sales or support from his so called fans, at least he's doing something something fun in Aquaman and having Sejic is also helping his sales.
>>
>>93631270
The unedited one isn't far off.
>>
File: I do not read.jpg (24KB, 608x272px) Image search: [Google]
I do not read.jpg
24KB, 608x272px
>>93627745
>>
>>93631213
>i've long said bendis would be decent editorial, get talented creative teams to do his ideas

the same would be true of Slott to be honest
>>
>>93631284
I stopped reading comics at that time or I would have considered it but I'm sick of supporting this industry. it needs to be demolished and reconstructed into something decent. I'm sick of the rollercoaster.
>>
>>93631085
>Only Rich fans hate him, Sam does have a fanbase what with him being in the USM cartoon (he'll be popping up in the GotG cartoon too) and he's getting a push in some of the Marvel games
He was the most hated character on USM and nobody wanted him in games. Gazillion put it to a player vote over who was to get in, and Rich won by a landslide. Plus, they chose him over Sam for MvCI, which is their flagship game for now.
Marvel's audience for the most part really didn't like Sam. They know who he is, they simply don't like him. Compared to Rich, who for the most part, people don't know who he is.
This thread is about how Marvel's hubris over the last few years is biting them in the ass. Marvel thought Sam was a sure hit when they started off with him, and they were clearly wrong
>>
>>93629633
ESPN's problems are much worse: steady decline due to them trying to be the Today Show and not Sports News and streaming/cord cutting plus them blowing a huge chunk of their budget for about a decade's worth of extra basketball and college bowl games no one wanted.

It's gotten so bad there is talk about killing baseball entirely at ESPN, because they don't have enough money to keep both MLB and NFL, especially with rumors that ESPN wants to extort more money from ESPN or else lose Monday Night Football (ESPN's flagship event)
>>
>>93627272
yeah, she's shit.
>>
>>93631330
Sam was fucked from the start being loebs dead kid. under other writers he's fine but the stigma of loeb will never leave sam's shadow.
>>
>>93626804
>And those who are still talking about Marvel Legacy, it’s not in a positive way.

those are the ones that actually buy comics the rest are the "squeaky wheel"
>>
>>93631213
But all of Bendis' ideas are shit?
>>
>>93631284
I got 3000. Didn't got Infinity because I knew it was gonna be shit despite Abnett. He surrendered to the machine on that book and you could tell.

As long as Abnett could do a book without having to answer to a shit writer or a shit movie, I would get it.

So talk for yourself faggot.
>>
>>93627102
>Immonen back on Superman art after years away from DC.

God, it would be perfect.
>>
>>93631361
It's not just that but the media that he had the most visibility in was the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon.

That really fucking hurt him. Even Loeb's comic about Sam wasn't bad.
>>
File: NOT A DRILL.png (692KB, 1235x475px) Image search: [Google]
NOT A DRILL.png
692KB, 1235x475px
WAIT WAIT, HOLD UP!

Remember that theory we came up with that Slott was leaving Marvel in 2018 to do a Superman book?
>>
>>93631213
Not really.

Bendis is already Angelica Fucking Pickles, wrecking characters beyond all repair and blatantly shitting on other characters and books because he doesn't like them/can get away with shitting on them.

You honestly want to give him a position of power were he can do that without anyone fucking telling him no?
>>
>>93629633
Rumor is that Disney is considering selling ESPN.
>>
>>93627774
wait hold on. spencer on plastic man may be great, but dc already has the best team available - taylor and rendondo
>>
File: 864809.jpg (144KB, 600x923px) Image search: [Google]
864809.jpg
144KB, 600x923px
>>93631412
and just in time for AC1000
>>
>>93628348
Loveness and Perez. they gave us a reason to care about a Nova ongoing again and /co/ was heartbroken (for the most part) when it ended
>>
>>93626972

Would Leth get the DChad treatment? I mean, fuck. Humphries' work was complete shit, but I'm almost ashamed at how much fun I'm having with Green Lanterns.

Would even completely trashy writers like Leth get touched by the magic? Like, she'll quit dying her hair like she's a teenage girl, clean up her shit and make a comic book that is actually something a competent adult could make?
>>
>>93631470
>Taylor
>Redondo
>anything but overrated shit loved by the blithering retards who unironically like Injustice
Yikes.
>>
>>93631628
for the most part, injustice is pretty debatable, but taylor's single issue with plas was pretty great
>>
How much was Rich paid to post this shit?
>>
>>93631330
>He was the most hated character on USM and nobody wanted him in games.
Again you're projecting, go to deviantart, pixiv, ao3, and look for Nova and most shit is about Sam so he has a fanbase somewhere.

I still haven't seen a non-Rich fan really hate the character, most people don't care that much about Sam enough to hate him with a passion.

>Gazillion put it to a player vote over who was to get in, and Rich won by a landslide.
Sam was already in the beta and the VA was annoying and honestly any Nova was preferable also CBN made noise about it

>Plus, they chose him over Sam for MvCI
Because they had Rich's model it would be more time consuming to change it not to mention people who played MvC3 are already used to that character.

>Compared to Rich, who for the most part, people don't know who he is.
Sam was in a cartoon and he will be in the shitty GotG cartoon so for a lot of kids and others he's their Nova, unless Rich ends up getting a movie it's about the same with both characters.

>This thread is about how Marvel's hubris over the last few years is biting them in the ass. Marvel thought Sam was a sure hit when they started off with him, and they were clearly wrong

They only pushed him because of Loeb and yeah he's not a hit, he's not pushed as much anymore as Kamala or Miles but it also has in large to do because Nova isn't that big of a name either. Miles has the Spider-Man name and was in a popular title, Kamala was pushed as this big diversity character and muslim teen superhero and offered something new. Miles also had Bendis who had killed Peter and people were interested as to were he was going to take the character (nowhere good as it turned out) and Kamala had a good writer.

Sam wasn't as interesting and if we go back years with Rich in the 60's then late 80's and 90's he was in the same boat, there wasn't anything interesting for him to offer. Most of the interesting stuff with Rich was in New Warriors and later with DnA.
>>
>>93631765
>ao3
do they have rich teaching him how to become a good nova corps unit then hard fucking him in the air?
>>
>>93631598
DC probably won't get leth because they tend to keep their talents on a short leash and want to minimize public drama. it's one of the reasons why they fired Dwayne McDuffie.
>>
>>93631083

Please tell me that's not fake?
>>
>>93631833
It's sad because he was completely in the right.
>>
>>93631852
Someone added some things to it, but he is actually pretty buff right now.
>>
>>93631404
Infinity was shit because Guardians 3000 didn't sell and they wanted to make it sell.

>So talk for yourself faggot.
I bought Guardians 3000 too shit face! But guess what? Most of the "muh DnA" fags didn't, they weren't aware of it or didn't care, the book had abysmal sales regardless and a lot of those faggots talk big and cry but in the end they didn't support the book.

And I know it asspains you but Abnett tried and there weren't enough people buying it because they didn't care, weren't aware it was a comic, or were apathetic like >>93631328 and current Marvel sucks ass and you won't get Abnett in Marvel any time soon because DC offered something better.
>>
>>93631186
>Harley as the leader way before the movie came out.

Harley was front and centre of the Suicide Squad at the start of New 52, which was what five years before the movie came out?

I'll give you Killer Croc and Katana though, that was some synergy shit. Also so was skinny Amanda Waller for Green Lantern.
>>
>>93631852
No it's real, he's really holding a fucking glock
>>
>>93631821
Pretty sure all they have of Rich is stuff with him and Quill and the New Warriors.

Also Rich doens't like shota, he likes angry bossy dom women (Namorita) especially if they're older (like Gamora or in Marvel Adventures Valkyrie and Black Widow)
>>
>>93631904
They changed the lineup to the same as the movie right when the movie was coming out, but other than that there hasn't been much synergy at all. I think even the Wonder Woman costume change was made by Fabok before her movie costume was revealed.
>>
>>93631935
why do the fujos on Ao3 care about that?
>>
>>93631866
he is right but it's his damn fault for airing it(knowing it will inevitably be made widespread) while writing his book. he wasn't able to finish the arcs that he was writing and people like me got pissed because we were following the storylines that were left hanging. The least he could do is finish everything first before burning his bridges.
>>
>>93631949

From skirt instead of one-piece? Technically her original outfit from Marston has a skirt so I wouldn't say Wonder Woman's comic outfit had a massive amount of synergy going on.

One can argue that sure, but Wonder Woman's outfit being a skirt or not has never been a massive or consistent thing.
>>
File: Top quality art.jpg (254KB, 1024x772px) Image search: [Google]
Top quality art.jpg
254KB, 1024x772px
>>93631765
If you go back to 2012 and 2013 and look for discussion on USM, there is a lot of distaste for the show, and everyone watching hated Sam.
Sam was never in the beta for Marvel Heroes. Nova was one of the first announced add-on characters for the game, and it took over a year to be added in since Marvel wanted Gaz to use Sam and none of the players wanted him. The VA for him ended up being Drake Bell. Also, Sam was a DLC skin in UMvC, if Marvel wanted him there, they could have easily had it.
Marvel pushed a lot of their legacy characters from around that time, Sam was just one of the first. The push died out because nothing worked out for him. Wilson says it pretty good for why Sam didn't work out
>"This is a personal opinion, but IMO launching a legacy character by killing off or humiliating the original character sets the legacy character up for failure. Who wants a legacy if the legacy is shitty?"
I know she's not directly referencing Sam there, but that applies to him very well.
And just to humor you, I looked up Nova on deviant art. Weirdly enough, the first pictures to show up is some Asian guy cosplaying the Punisher, but if you scroll down long enough to find something Marvel related, this is the first image you'll find
>Rich in the 60's
Well, it'd be kind of hard to find anything with him in the 60's considering he didn't exist until 1976
>>
>>93631981
Except the stuff he complained about wasn't that critical. Not in the way a lot of other people were burning their bridges.
>>
>>93632013
You're right, but evidently, to DC (who are assholes btw) those already qualify.
>>
>>93626804
I don't even know. At this point I would rather pay to keep most of them at Marvel then have them come over to DC and ruin Rebirth.
>>
>>93626972
>Kate Leth

Marvel can keep her.
>>
>>93632042
what if that's the Alonso con in the first place?

>BUY OUR BOOKS OR WE'LL JUMP SHIP RUIN DC TOO
>>
>>93631977
Well most Fujos don't care about Dick Rider or are vaguely aware of him.
>>
>>93626972
DC won't bother with Leth. They don't let their writers whine and cry on twitter - for better of for worse - you have to act professional or you get shown the door.

People like her and Mockingbird's writer won't ever see offers from DC.
>>
>>93632004
>launching a legacy character by killing off or humiliating the original character
But neither of those two things happened to Rich. He was already dead from Thanos Imperative completely unassociated with Sam getting introduced. That happened after the fact because Loeb saw an available legacy slot since Rich was gone. The Original Sin arc, which a lot of fans seem to take as "humiliation" was shit but it happened years after Sam had been introduced and had nothing to do with Sam, and even beyond that, Bendis didn't mean for it to be "humiliating" nor did editorial. Rich always got treated with nothing but respect in Sam's book, and despite all the shit Bendis pulled, he his problem was less trying to humiliate him and more just ignoring established canon.

Clint got humiliated, Bruce got depowered then killed off, Ultimate Peter got killed off, they all have that apply to them. Not really the case with Sam.
>>
>>93626972
>Kate Leth
>GWW
keep this shit out of DC
>>
>>93631245
Flying, kryptonite...
>>
>>93632162
Excluding him when Thanos and Quill came back was there way of killing him off. He was left dead solely for Sam, and his death had no purpose in-universe.
The humiliation factor didn't come until later, but Sam was set up for failure since the beginning.
>>
>>93629139
Lemire would go back to DC instantly if they offered him the Legion.
>>
>>93627068
>>93627409
>I am a massive batman fan
>I do not read batman
>I did not like the dark vibe
>>
>>93632004
Rich is one of those characters that will never sell no matter how autistic his fan base behaves. So it feels like an stretch to say everyone hated Sam for Dick Rider. Kids watching Ultimate Spider-Man most likely have no idea who the fuck Dick Rider is. It all comes down to Sam not having that 'it' factor to be successful like Miles or Khamala have. It's just that. Nothing to do with Dick Rider.
>>
DC PLEASE HIRE ME TO WRITE METAL MEN OR BROTHER POWER

I CAN DO BOTH TOO

PLEASE
>>
>>93632271

it's wild people on /co/ don't get the cultural footprint of batman
>>
>>93632294
He still sold better than Sam ever did, though.
The kids watching USM hated Sam because he was an annoying douche.
>>
>>93632230
His death brought Quill and Drax back. It did have a purpose in universe.
>>
>>93632349
Except later on we found out he didn't have to "die" since he could have opened a portal that wasn't himself.
>>
File: NovaMarvel.jpg (205KB, 1176x902px) Image search: [Google]
NovaMarvel.jpg
205KB, 1176x902px
>>93632004
He still has a fanbase with USM, Diskwars and even in the comics but the fans might be different for Sam than the fans for Rich

Here I searched for "Nova Marvel" in Pixiv, look it's mostly Sam (with some lewds in there) at least the Japanese artist like Sam better.

>"This is a personal opinion, but IMO launching a legacy character by killing off or humiliating the original character sets the legacy character up for failure."

Except that DnA killed Rich and Bendis humiliated him, Sam has nothing to do with that. Hell everytime someone mentioned Rich in Sam's comic it was to tell Sam how badass Rich was.

I feel like Ted Kord got a worse treatment when he got killed off but Jaime got a good writer and even then the Ted Kord fans were never permanently nasty about Jaime, and he has even gotten some shit writers down along the line. Even if Sam has a good writer (and he has been handled by good writers, even Loveness) the Dickfags will never accept him.

>Sam was a DLC skin in UMvC, if Marvel wanted him there, they could have easily had it.
People were working on MvC3 before Sam even existed and they added the skin for people who wanted to play as him

>And just to humor you, I looked up Nova on deviant art. Weirdly enough, the first pictures to show up is some Asian guy cosplaying the Punisher.

Add Marvel to your search genius, and from what I found it was equally Sam and Rich (and that Punisher dude appeared too).

>"Who wants a legacy if the legacy is shitty?"
Sam isn't even that shitty despite all the Loeb shit and the shit USM cartoon, I always feel Rich fans exaggerate this.

>Well, it'd be kind of hard to find anything with him in the 60's considering he didn't exist until 1976
Oops I meant in the 70's but my point still stands
>>
>>93627458
That basically sums up most Batfags though. At most they've read garbage like Hush or Snyder.
>>
>>93632330
>He still sold better than Sam ever did, though.
Not his first three runs, lol.

Especially Larsen's, only lasted like 7? or 8? Issues? Maybe Rich dragged Sam down in this last run.
>>
>>93632294
So autistic they are taking over this thread.

Nova, regardless of Sam and Rich, doesn't sell.

Unless Nova gets the MCU treatment it will continue not to sell.
>>
>>93632481
Actually that 7 issue run did sell better.
>>
>>93626804
Can't wait for Marvel to lose Hastings to DC where he goes to make the Teen Titans not shit for the first time in ever.
>>
>>93632453
I genuinely never saw anyone who liked Sam in USM. Everyone I ever talked to about that show hated everything about it.
Rich wasn't "killed off" until Sam came along.
My point still stands that Sam exists in UMvC and that Marvel could have pulled him over Rich if they wanted.
Sam and Miles are prime examples of shitty legacies. Shit like incessantly pushing him to no avail while treating Rich's fans like dirt is the kind of stuff that got Marvel in the position their in today.
>>
>>93628015
>make her relevant for the first time in years (arguably, for the first time ever), and write critically aclaimed runs starring her.
>THEY'VE DESTROYED HER!!!!
>>
>>93632461
The real way to sum up Batfags is that they're fucking furious that anyone would like any version of a character over the past 75+ years that is not one they like.
>>
>>93632326
it's wild casuals on /co/ don't get what "massive batman fan" means
>>
File: Perez02.jpg (131KB, 600x481px) Image search: [Google]
Perez02.jpg
131KB, 600x481px
>>93626804
Writers:
>Ewing
>Lemire
>Hastings
>Loveness
>Max Bemis

Artists:
>Immonen
>Samnee
>Ramon Perez
>Travel Foreman
>>
File: 1486923298551.gif (1MB, 680x551px) Image search: [Google]
1486923298551.gif
1MB, 680x551px
>>93627458
>be batman fan after Batman the Animated series and Nolan trilogy plus Arkham games
>go to /co/ and read Batman story times
>It's edgy and boring and I quickly get too tired of it
>read other comic story times
>Flash actually become my favorite Superhero
I don't understand.
>>
>>93633155
>dixon
>boring
>>
>>93628403
Ribic on Wonder Woman when?
>>
>>93631245

Shit, Superman flying, having heat vision, being weak to kryptonite, and growing up in Kansas with the Kents are all from the radio show if I remember right. Even in the Fleischer cartoons he grew up in an orphanage and just jumps around places. It's why the currently public domain version of Superman has none of those things, and also doesn't have Lex or Lois or Krypton or anything really.
>>
>>93626804
>Indeed, if social media wanted to campaign for or against a certain creator on a certain book, this mightbe the most receptive time.
Haha would that be our cue?

>>93628766
> I know a lot of people hate Joe Q, but the dude at least understood Marvel's characters and knew how to (positively) exploit the talent available to him to revolutionize Marvel as a brand.
No he didn't, we went over this just the other day, anon.
>Pretty much everything Marvel is doing in the MCU now is straight outta Joe Q era Marvel.
Was that supposed to be a good thing? Like, AT ALL?
>>
>>93632597
Rich is a lame character, DnA fags never read any of his old shit, he was the worst on New Warriors, fuck Dickfags, they're literately autistic faggots
kill yourself
>>
>>93626804
shame alex maleev doesn't fit dc's houst style he'd be a great detective comics artist
>>
>>93628348
>Waid is past his prime

I really want the Captain Marvel rumors to be true.

People will actually buy a Cap book if Waid's name is attached and I think it'd be a good sandbox for Waid to play around in. He's a huge golden age Cap nerd.
>>
>>93633475
>Shit, Superman flying, having heat vision, being weak to kryptonite, and growing up in Kansas with the Kents are all from the radio show if I remember right.

The radio show set the farm in Iowa. It was the 1978 movie that set it in Kansas, and then Byrne decided to set it there with his Man of Steel and so it stuck since. IIRC the radio show had Superman come to Earth as a fully grown adult, though.

Heat vision was just called X-Ray Vision just like his actual X-Ray Vision. I don't remember when he first used X-Ray Vision, though.
>>
>>93633691
Waid can fuck off, DC doesn't need him infecting a book with his shit politics.
>>
>>93629378
Dude, if Marvel bankrupt, the whole industry will die with them.
>>
>>93626804
Anyone that got excited for homage covers is the problem with cape part of the industry.

Literal vessels of cancer with wallets.
>>
>>93633770
We can only hope. It needs to go.
>>
>>93626804
The only Marvel writer I'd want at DC is Soule, back on a Swamp Thing series (or failing that some other fantasy character). His Marvel work has been shit but his Swampy run was fucking gold.
>>
File: thorgodofthunder_cover.jpg (399KB, 1600x1210px) Image search: [Google]
thorgodofthunder_cover.jpg
399KB, 1600x1210px
>>93626804
I want Esad Ribic on Wonder Woman.
>>
>>93633770

Isn't that mostly because they own a controlling stake in Diamond Distribution, who is one of the biggest proponents of direct market specialty comic stores? Honestly I would love for that part of the market to die and comics move entirely to book stores and online distribution. I have been reading comics since I was a child, and while I have been to many comic book stores in my life that were good places with knowledgeable staff, just as many have been trash run by trash, and I have never once been able to get a friend or girlfriend to come with me. The comic book store is a flawed model that has led to many of the major problems we see in the industry today, and I would absolutely love to see Marvel, Diamond, and comic book stores go under. It would force the whole industry to reexamine itself and really figure out it's future.

Not for nothing, but DC already kills the book store market compared to Marvel because of their focus on lots of graphic novels and trade paperback collections (thank you Karen Berger and Vertigo). DC is already prepared to slide right in to a new market.
>>
>>93633797
some part of me wants this to happen too
>>
File: original.jpg (34KB, 490x311px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
34KB, 490x311px
>>93633920

This shouldn't be understated, that the comic shop model leads to many more problems than just low sales. It also leads to the various cultural problems within the comics community. Think of the stereotype greasy grognard comic book guy. That stereotype exists for a reason, and the local comic shop model of distribution only makes it worse.
>>
LOVENESS AND PEREZ BLUE BEETLE PLEASE
>>
>>93627068
>give She-hulk her due
Excuse me? She-hulk has had plenty of great books what dues does she owe?
>>
>>93632597
>I genuinely never saw anyone who liked Sam in USM. Everyone I ever talked to about that show hated everything about it.

Maybe not your circle of friends and while they show was shit it did had its fans and like I said Sam has fans from that show, from the comics, and Disk Wars and and maybe he's not popular with older comic crowd or some Rich fans (I like him) but a lot of the younger crowds like him, he has people cosplaying as him, a lot of female fans like him going by the fanart and fanfic stuff that is produce (and before you dismiss that shit there's a group of older 30 something Rich fans in facebook who make their own Nova fancomic with him so..)

>My point still stands that Sam exists in UMvC and that Marvel could have pulled him over Rich if they wanted.
Yeah and hire another VA? waste of resources also it's kind of dumb to do it now that they had Rich. The game was done what was the point. Doing the DLC skin was fine.

>Rich wasn't "killed off" until Sam came along.
No, Abnett even admitted he planned for the character and Star-Lord to stay dead for a long time (it's in the Geeks with wives podcast or Nerds with wives I forgot the name) but Abnett and Lanning killed him nevertheless and Rich being dead is what gave Loeb the idea of making Sam Alexander in the first place.

>Sam and Miles are prime examples of shitty legacies. Shit like incessantly pushing him to no avail while treating Rich's fans like dirt is the kind of stuff that got Marvel in the position their in today.

Miles is shit but mostly because of Bendis also god you're really fucking whiny about Sam. Marvel treating Rich like shit was a problem yeah but there is no reason him and Sam can't coexist, stay buttmad about it.
>>
>>93632597
I'll give you this: You're much more rational than most of the haters for Sam Alexander. You haven't screamed your head off about NINO not even once.
>>
>>93633758
the politics stuff is hopefully an editorial thing
>>
>>93634085
>>93628310
>>93631529
>>93633033
>>93630867
>>93629505
>>93630730
Hope DC is reading this, this is how you'll save Blue Beetle!
>>
>>93634309
No, he's very outspoken about his Marxist ideals. He can stay as far away from DC as possible. He's never going to go back anyway as long as DiDio is there.
>>
>>93634343
You mean Bob Harass
>>
>>93627272
Leth could be good with a good editor who reigns in her stupid.
>>
>>93628035
>King's take on Plastic Man

Well if The Forge was anything to go off then you'll probably see this sooner than later even if it's just in a passing in a couple issues of his Batman
>>
>>93627767
> There's no editors at Marvel to tell writers when they are being self-indulgent.
>>
>>93634457
The editors are too busy sucking upper management cock and having slapfights to actually edit the comics they're in charge of
>>
>>93634327
They'd also need to give it an additional push like they did with Aquaman preview in all the #25s, otherwise it'll go unnoticed because its a smaller book, which would suck
>>
>>93630892
I feel the title "Captain America" (at least in the comics) has been rendered cancerous now.
>>
>>93630915
Brevoort's controversy strategy has created total apathy.
>>
>>93634425
Unless that editor is married, shes not gonna listen to anyone
>>
>>93631213
> Bendis
> Ideas

Together those are two scary words.
>>
>>93631446
He's already in that position of power.
The only thing I can think of that he didn't get away with is wiping out 616 Peter
>>
>>93627068

>I am proud of what I did to Hellcat

At least Michael Bay knows that what he does is shit.

>>93627371

>2020
>Stan Lee passes away
>After hanging on for a few terrible years, Marvel is finally bought out by DC
>What is left of the franchise becomes the "Earth-8" imprint
>Eight monthly titles under strict editorial control
>"X-Men" (Mutant Marvel), "Avengers" (Big name superhero Marvel), "Spider-Man" (Street level hero Marvel), "Galactic Guardians" (Cosmic Marvel), "Strange Tales" (Magic Marvel), "Marvel Super-Heroes"(Anthology book), "What If" and "Marvel Adult" with dark stories about 'grown-up' anti-heroes like the Punisher.
>>
>Waid and Samnee on a Captain Marvel (Shazam) ongoing
please lord, make it so

waid and samnee need saved. let captain marvel and dc's editorial be the heroes we need.
>>
>>93627409

That HAS to be bait. "I am woman, hear me roar!"

>>93627965

Yes, and Frank Miller created 'The Dark Knight Returns'.

>>93628795
>Rayner is shit. I don't understand the appeal.
>>
>>93627976
Christ, what the hell did Waid do to get banned like that?
>>
>>93630058
Up there with Speed Weed
>>
>>93635149
I'm OK with this, even though I don't like Waid. But only if it's under Doyle or Javin's editorial.
>>
>>93635341
cardinal sin of being a DC creative talent: Badmouth DC publicly
>>
They really fucked the pooch by trying to claim legacy was going tk be an industry shaker then showing nothing shakeworthy.
>>
Slott really should be taken off Spider-man, he's had no decent ideas for it in years.
>>
>>93629347
>>93630311
>Read DC Rebirth
>Lose weight

How can Marvelards even compete!
>>
>>93629003
The funny thing is Chaykin's clearly depicting all of this shit in the negative.

Also it's worse than that, another group of creators passive aggressively paid for the 'webinar'. Normally this'd be normal ego clashing but they've said they want to make sure Image, yes, never publishes anything like this again which is basically declaring open season on Image's creators first policy.
>>
>>93629168
Man fuck that comic.

What were they supposed to let the thing kill the kid? Fucking Christ.
>>
holy fucking shit
>>
>>93634356
And really, Waid is completely right about him. He fucked up Marvel in the nineties, then came to DC and fucked that up to the point that they had to apologize with Rebirth. He's a completely shit editor in chief and I have no idea how he got that job.
>>
>>93634425
Didn't Leth herself complain that she's being pigeonholed by Marvel because they give her kiddie level shit to write when she wants to do some darker stuff?
>>
File: Becky Shrug.jpg (115KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Becky Shrug.jpg
115KB, 1200x675px
>>93631904
Katana was on Arrow and Croc had the meme level in Arkham Asylum
>>
>>93633751
>>93633475
>>93631245
Wew I learned something new today
>>
>>93636429
That doesn't really sound like her given Leth's track record of saying how much she hates writing any sort of conflict outside of minor inconveniences.
>>
>>93635481
their publicity? what was it about?
>>
>>93628798
>blames him for the industry crash in the 90s
Is that in any way reasonable? It was my understanding most of the blame was on Marvel fucking things up.
>>
>>93631147
Red Lanterns is fondly remembered around here. Think he did a good Swamp Thing too? Basically he was one of the few consistently good things during the shittier periods of New 52 before they righted things overall, so /co/ gave him a lot of credit. Still amazing how shit he's been at Marvel. Editors really fucking matter.
>>
Please take Bendis please take bendis please take bendis
>>
File: mark waid's temper tantrums.png (250KB, 566x499px) Image search: [Google]
mark waid's temper tantrums.png
250KB, 566x499px
>>93635481
While badmouthing DC will get them to refuse to offer you work, Waid being physically banned from the offices has more to do with the fact that he can be a danger to himself and others when he's upset because of his autism.
>>
File: Quinones-Batman89.jpg (206KB, 791x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Quinones-Batman89.jpg
206KB, 791x1200px
>>93627068
>>93628291
Maybe one day...
>>
>>93628578
>bendis would leave if anything happened to his OCs
Bendis would have to let someone else play with his OCs for anything to happen to them.
>>
>Didn't get what the hell the 'Chaykin cover' stuff was all about
>"Divided States of Hysteria"

Ohhh. That.

Oh boy.

I read that. What the hell were they thinking?
>>
>>93629844
>the comic was always more than...
off yourself
>>
>>93636429
she complained that her book was "too gay" for marvel editors. yup, too gay
>>
>>93630426
We knew it was going to happen with someone as soon as it was said. That's why it shouldn't have BEEN said.
>>
>>93632191
GWW had a good Vixen mini
>>
>>93637578
how could it be too gay for Marvel?!
>>
>>93630746
If only
>>
>>93633691
You're delusional. He has no idea how to write young people. His Threeboot Legion run 10 years ago was dreadful with characters he'd already been successful with, and he hasn't gotten better since then.
>>
What Chaykin cover now?
>>
>>93637609
Don't forget that Marvel was afraid to say that Angela and Sera were in a relationship. They're insane.
>>
>>93628907
>Alonso: mission accomplished, can I edit Vertigo again
>Johns: You did well, have a cookie
>Alonso: Batman-shaped! My favorite!
>>
>>93628924
House of M / Decimation, Bendisvengers
>>
>>93637670

A graphic depiction of a brown-skinned man having been lynched, with his pants pulled down and his dick cut off. Oh, and his name tag says 'Paki'.

A lot of people were extremely triggered.
'Assigned Male'-level.
>>
>>93629347
God damn, now I want to write for DC
>>
>>93637417
Oh derp, of course. Harras was at Marvel then. Can never keep these exchanges straight.
>>
>>93630171
obviously it will, it will be all about avengers
>>
>>93637609
Marvel doesn't seem to believe that bisexuals exist, and they have been weird about acknowledging same-sex couples in the recent past.
>>
>>93637609
Apparently, marvel is only gay enough to stir controversy, or get appreciation points.

It's really funny.
>>
full story on Kate "Too Gay" Leth
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/12/08/kate-leth-on-moving-away-from-licensed-comics-because-too-many-cant-actually-be-gay/
>>
>>93626937
I genuinely hope Alonso is fired, I never thought the day would come when I'd miss Quesada.
>>
>>93638001
Meanwhile DC has Bombshells which is 95% gay lol
>>
>>93637859
there's hope for Marvel.
>>
>>93638001
"WHy can't every character be a cute gay boi for me to go shopping with??? :3"

Fuck.
>>
>>93628924
You got about a week to listen?
>>
File: 1496810385704.jpg (33KB, 608x272px) Image search: [Google]
1496810385704.jpg
33KB, 608x272px
>>93627068
>it was never going to be a Superhero Book™
Yeah, instead we got Ironic Self-Aware Web-Comic that Pokes Fun at Comic Tropes™. It's quite astonishing how ignorant these people are about the industry they are working in, Hellcat is little different from Squirrel Girl, Power Man and Iron Fist, Mockingbird, America and etc considering they are deliberately trying to make fun of said industry and they do it because they think with no shame they are 100% original. Not only they aren't aware of industry's history, they aren't acknowledging ANYTHING that's not written by them and you get very obvious pic related. The only instance of decent self-aware comic that Marvel has put out in recent years is Cage by Genndy, because dude FUCKING LOVES COMICS.

>give She-Hulk her due
Jesus fucking Christ, does she mean a character who was many a times active member of Avengers and Fantastic Four and probably the only thing Slott can be proud of and hasn't ruined himself (yet)?
>>
>>93638362
Hey now, Power Man and Iron Fist was fine.
>>
>>93638413
Then why does Iron Fist act like crackhead Spider-man and Black Tarantula is a random thug after Shadowland?
>>
>>93638362
They make fun of cape comics because they hate cape comics.
>>
>>93626804
Will this be a new Ultimate or just a Rebirth copy?
>>
>>93627363
I hate what this numbering logic does to my shelf. The Renew Your Vows TPB, which I hadn't purchased after dismissing it for a mini, is going to look awkward between the nice OHCs for the third and fourth Spidey series.
>>
>>93639573
It's a Rebirth copy but all the books are going back to their old numbers, even ones that don't make sense
>>
>>93639573
Just a Rebirth copy THAT'LL CHANGE INDUSTRY FOREVER (again)
>>
>>93639573
Thinking about it, a new Ultimate every XX years where they can try crazy plotshit would be great.
>>
>>93637484
Pls make this happen.
>>
>>93639573

Neither, it's just a series of variant covers and three new books.
>>
>>93632326
>I am a Massive sports fan!
>I don't actually watch sports though.
>Or go to the games, or do anything that has anything to do with them.
>But I know them name of a team!
>>
>>93629632
Not anything to do with the quality of that book. It was great.
>>
>>93639694
As long as it doesn't interfere with the main continuity, sure, let them get the crazy out of their systems for whoever likes it. It's better for everyone I guess.
>>
>>93637475
Christ Waid what the fuck.
>>
>>93641454

My favorite part of the story is how everyone else was just used to it, like "Yeah this happens like every day, it's no big deal". Like how do you maintain professional relationships like that? I know that the comic industry is a little more laid back than most, but god damn. How does he deal with executives?
>>
>>93641675
I work with a couple spergs in my day job. You get used to them and learn to avoid their outbursts, like how you learn to avoid annoying relatives. If they are doing their job well, I suppose there is no harm in tolerating a few quirk.
Of course, Waid's problem is not just a matter of tolerance
>>
File: 5637d73b90360.jpg (127KB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
5637d73b90360.jpg
127KB, 940x529px
Gabriel H Walta deserves better than Occupy Avengers. He should work at King's Mister Miracle. Or Batman.
>>
>>93642326
Yeah I'm not concerned about grabbing marvel's writers. Most of them are garbage.

I want marvel's artists, because some of them are very good or need better colorists. And DC has some shit artists I'd like to get rid of, like Booth.
>>
>>93637700
>a cookie
>not a cereal
you had ONE job.
>>
>>93639744
People do that already. The number of Cubs & Golden State Warriors fans in any given town spikes significantly shortly after they win championships.
>>
>>93644246
>Cubs see a spike in fan numbers after a century of being losers

Pick Better Example.
>>
Waid/Samnee Superman please
>>
>>93638362
To be fair Mockingbird was good when not having Cain's viewpoints thrown in which pissed EVERYONE off. She would do fine on a pure superhero comic, as long as the editor can go shut your opinion to yourself. Same thing to Slott and Spencer.
>>
>>93628790
Cbr is fucking terrible.
>>
>>93639573
It's a Rebirth copy while totally misunderstanding what Rebirth is and why it's been so successful.
>>
>>93627054

No, I'm glad that awful writer is on that awful book. It's a living reminder of how Marvel Comics needs to be burned right to the ground, not reformed halfway through demolition.
>>
File: 1478460304625.jpg (99KB, 656x985px) Image search: [Google]
1478460304625.jpg
99KB, 656x985px
>>93628790
>>
>Marvel's actual plan is to deliver a payload of shit 'talent' to DC so they suffer as much as Marvel have recently with shit stories and art
>>
>>93647362
I wouldn't put it past them
>>
>>93639707
Leth pls
>>
File: this will be bad.jpg (43KB, 493x342px) Image search: [Google]
this will be bad.jpg
43KB, 493x342px
>>93627509
>Ewing
>>
>>93626804
Who the fuck is hyping up the variant covers?
>>
>>93628027
Waid was pitching Shazam ideas all throughout his DC years so I could totally see this.
>>
>>93630058
>Owl Goingback
I know Owl, he's around here in Orlando.

He's a big guy but on the fat side. Nice enough dude but he milks the Native American shtick for all he can.

He has a pretty cool hearse he brings to the local horror con every year.
>>
Who wants to bet Bendis is still going to have a job ruining everything good, regardless of what happens?
>>
File: JonTron Kiss.gif (1018KB, 500x265px) Image search: [Google]
JonTron Kiss.gif
1018KB, 500x265px
>>93648956
>He has a pretty cool hearse he brings to the local horror con every year.
>>
>>93626804
meanwhile...
Thread posts: 504
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.