[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did we already hit the pinnacle of non-comic Marvel adaptations?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: emh.jpg (57KB, 350x466px) Image search: [Google]
emh.jpg
57KB, 350x466px
Did we already hit the pinnacle of non-comic Marvel adaptations? Can the movies or new shows ever top this?
>>
No.
>>
>>93625167
Not with current leadership.

I think if we got someone who just wanted to not be as synergetic and just tell a good story then yeah maybe.
>>
File: ugggggggggghhhhhh.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
ugggggggggghhhhhh.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>93625167

Of all the good cancelled shows over the years, I am most salty over this one. There were so many reasons to keep this alive, and it was more or less cancelled because they thought kids were too stupid to follow the story. I honestly think it had the potential of becoming the Timmverse of Marvel if they could have expanded on it with spinoff shows like Spider-Man or X-Men.

Instead we get pic related.
>>
>>93625167
Screw you for shitting up that webm thread. You can't just point at the shitty and say it represents all of the animation industry.
>>
>>93625167
I'd argue Spectacular was better, but it was still good.

Also, no, there won't be anything as good until Marvel Animation makes a massive clean-up and Disney pours some actual budget money.
>>
>>93625397
There was a X-Men show, Wolverine and the x-men.
>>
File: M.90.msmarvel.png (494KB, 808x960px) Image search: [Google]
M.90.msmarvel.png
494KB, 808x960px
best carol
>>
After EMH and Planet Hulk, I thought Marvel Animation had reached the point where they could crank out legitimately great shows and movies. Then Loeb happened. I never counted on Loeb going all Ultimatum on the Anmation dept.
>>
>>93627231
The second season was going to cover Age of Apocalypse with future plans to crossover with Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
>>
>>93629205
I think the voice directors could have been a bit firmer, the va used the exact same tone for Carol that she did for Phoenix in MvC3.
>>
>>93630127
We'll never get to see the show transition into a proper X-Men show that's not stuck with Wolvie Sue as the only focus. Once again, Colossus gets the shaft on being in the main roster. It's kind of funny that he's Craig Kyle's favorite X-Man and he took him out of the season.

>>What was he thinking?

In contrast, look how well one of Chris Yost's fave characters was adapted when he let Hawkeye get some much needed focus in EMH.
>>
File: MURRICAFUCKYEAH.gif (263KB, 600x304px) Image search: [Google]
MURRICAFUCKYEAH.gif
263KB, 600x304px
>>93630052
exactly what i was thinking, until they hand the comic books and animation department to kevin feige or someone who doesn't have his head up his ass or panders to swj's, marvel will stay shit.

anyways happy 4th anon.
>>
>>93625167
Been rewatching this show for the first time in years. Just got past the episode with Annihilus and the bug things. Gotta say, this stuff was not meant for kids. People died, some of them on screen. Radioactive Man falls into the abyss, Whirlwind gets fucked up, fucking Blizzard gets eaten alive right in front of your eyes. No wonder they didn't want kids watching this, that kind of shit would've fucked me up if I watched it as a kid. Still a 10/10 show though.

Wasp is best waifu fite me.
>>
>>93630733
In the 90s, they were airing stuff like Mutant League where a guy could get his head knocked and his opponent could start eating his brain...in a kids cartoon. Content wise, EMH would have been a standard action cartoon. It didn't have anywhere near the nightmare fuel of some of those shows.
>>
>>93630052
Yeah, but after Loeb left they still had problems. I'm not really certain Loeb is the real problem here.

We know that Spectacular ended because Disney bought out Marvel. And we know how very blatant Marvel has been about synergy which is probably why they wanted to do Avengers Assemble instead of EMH. I think the problems would've still come up even if Loeb wasn't in charge.
>>
>>93631117
Synergy has been around to some degree since the last Fantastic Four cartoon and it ramped up insanely after the Disney buyout. It all depends on how well the creatives behind the show can work around that. Loeb's ideas on TV animation, which are stuck in 1977, really hurt EMH and what Ultimate Spider-Man could have been. Then when Wacker took over, he made some changes but he wasn't going to be the guy to rock the boat being that he's a company man first and foremost. Marvel Animation needs new blood and not guys from Marcel Entertainment/Comics.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.