[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Get tired of reading modern comics that read like scripts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5766.jpg (514KB, 1120x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5766.jpg
514KB, 1120x1600px
>Get tired of reading modern comics that read like scripts
>Start x-men from the start
>Think it's going to be complete garbage, product of its time
>It's charming and fun to read

You got anything along the same vein's /co/mrads?
>>
Spider-Man from the same era is really good.
>>
>>93624173
Thanks Anon
>>
>>93623987
I really like Lee/Ditko Doctor Strange.
>>
>>93623987
X-Men is generally considered the worst of Lee's books from the time. If you like it'll you'll probably like pretty much all of Silver Age Marvel.
>>
Scrooge mcduck
>>
>>93623987
I was sure that I'd hate early Spider-Man because my prior experiences with Stan Lee dialogue were painful.

But the Ditko plotting and art make it one of my favourite superhero comics.
>>
>>93624810
let me put it this way I thought that too but than I realized that he got old and got worse and I conflated it with his newer comics, his dialogue was actually considered an improvement at the the time, like you can find articles that say at the time you could only tell the Justice league apart was by which catch phrase they used and he was a breath of fresh air.
>>
>>93623987
>let's test this kid's reflexes
>Beast throw a bowling ball at him
>he's either fast or he'll be out of commission for a week
Damn it charles I thought you were supposed to be the smart one.
>>
>>93623987
That sums up my entire experience with 60-80's Marvel.
It's like Hellboy and pancakes.
>>
>>93624899
Having read a few issues of Hulk and Fantastic Four, I went into it with low expectations but Ditko blew me away. I still dislike Lee's dialogue though and can't forgive it. It's too obvious that he's just writing out the notes left to him by the artist and filling it out with describing what's on the panel.

I can't look past the obscene amount of captions, though bubbles and speech bubbles that are thrown onto a silver age Marvel comic. Fair enough they were different to National's comics at the time but I'd much rather read old Flash or Sgt. Rock comics because they're still a great read today.
>>
>>93625741
>Damn it charles I thought you were supposed to be the smart one.
Yes, that's a common, if baffling, misconception.

Charles is supposed to be the DICK one.
>>
>>93623987
So how many cute boys does he mack on here?
When does the parking-lot dance party start?
>>
epic collection black panther... the Jungle Action stuff

the shield stuff too
>>
>>93623987
Fucking Bendis daring to touch my O5
>>
>>93626006
Yeah the psi stuff is just a side effect of his real mutant power, super-assholery.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.