[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so can we talk about the past films and ask why the fuck there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

File: Spider-Man.jpg (83KB, 665x346px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man.jpg
83KB, 665x346px
so can we talk about the past films and ask why the fuck there is anyone that thinks the webb films are better
>>
the webb films tried to insert a lot of shit that would only fly in the comics that part of why they suck the raimi films had a more realistic gritty feeling to them
>>
>>93620616
I thought the general consensus was that the webb films were gritty and realistic and the raimi films were campy and cheesy,

the general consenses is wrong though cause the raimi films succeed in been darker and more fun and funny than the webb films
>>
>>93620491
Because Tobey is terrible in every regard, the costume looks like shit, what little humor there was was terrible, Spider-man constantly losing his fucking mask, aunt May a fat fuck, the abomination that is part 3, who the fuck would fall for that MJ, and organic webs with the worst explanation for failing in part 2, ever.
>>
>>93620893
part 3 wasn't as bad as the amazing Spider-Man 2
>>
>>93620491
Tobey as Spider-Man was a bitch. Andrew was better. Mary Jane was also a shitty character compared to Gwen.

Overall, though, I'd say the Raimi films have more lasting power.
>>
>>93620491
Tobey kind of sucked and a lot hasnt aged well, but there are a few scenes that still are fucking fantastic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouG3PqGxTmM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwOdBKdruM8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyOdcfyo7_M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z00fTwhmYX0
>>
File: 1497889204452.png (209KB, 400x750px) Image search: [Google]
1497889204452.png
209KB, 400x750px
>>93620491
Because autistic comics fans think being a good adaptation means clearing a checklist of "comic-accurate" points

Which one has the web shooters? Which one has Spidey joking more? Which one has Gwen as first gf? Which costume had the big eyes? And so on

Looking at it this way TASM has to be the superior series, because eww, Raimi's has organic web and Peter cries a bit instead of fantasizing about stabbing Flash in the throat! This isn't like muh comics at all!
>>
>>93621503
>Peter cries a bit
>a bit
>>
Spider-Man 1 is okay.
Spider-Man 2 is overrated.
Spider-Man 3 is garbage.
Amazing Spider-Man is alright I guess.
Amazing Spider-Man 2 PLEASE NO!
Homecoming don't look that great.
>>
>>93621553
ASM2 would have been better if it was building up to the Sinister Six and only the Sinister Six. Could've been Peter trying to talk Electro out of becoming a villain, like he was at the beginning, only to fail and wind up having to beat him.
>>
>>93620491
Basically there are some people out there with shit taste, it's really not more complicated than that

If someone can't see why the ASM movies suck on the first watch through, they're never going to get it
>>
>>93621534
Dude cries about uncle Ben and Harry dying only. Not even the tragic villains got a tear out of him
>>
>>93620491
no one thinks they're better but they sure as hell are not as bad as the critics shilling machine make them out to be
>>
>>93621578
No, ASM2 would have been better if it was a focused plot and building the Sinister Six being an afterthought. Either focus on Harry or Electro, not both, and cut out Rhino entirely
>>
>>93621647
No, the world would be better if ASM2 didn't exist,
>>
The first two Raimi films are genuinely great films. I don't care about "not muh" shit
>>
>>93621678
That works too
>>
>>93621619
He cries when Mary Jane breaks up with him. Pretty sure there were a few other moments, too.
>>
File: spider-man_368pyxurz.jpg (164KB, 1600x1202px) Image search: [Google]
spider-man_368pyxurz.jpg
164KB, 1600x1202px
>>93620893
>Aunt May a fat fuck
What??
>>
>>93621647
>cut out Rhino entirely

Why. He was a fun bookend villain. It's not the movie's fault they shoved in into the marketing despite not being plot-relevant.
>>
>>93620491

To be honest I like the visuals of TASM
, it was so fucking nice I felt like a kid watching a cartoon again. Plot was... it was dumb as fuck, but for one moment I felt like a kid and that put's it a special place for me.
>>
>>93621175
Wrong. Amazing 2 is a clusterfuck but can be enjoyed for:
>best costume
>best web swinging
>best chemistry
>best Gwen drop

3 has fucking nothing.
>>
>>93621678
>>93621690
It's hard living in a world where you're one of the few people in it who actually likes ASM2
>>
>>93621620
>critics shilling machine

Memes brainwashed you, the critics have been fucking easy on them, the first TASM is fresh and the second just barely rotten

But I'm curious, explain the "shilling machine" part
>>
File: Rhino2.jpg (1MB, 3512x3300px) Image search: [Google]
Rhino2.jpg
1MB, 3512x3300px
>>93621713
>Wasted Pail Giamatti on a nothing role
>A fucking cartoon character yelling a poor Russian accent
>Mecha Rhino with fucking missiles and guns
>Dont even get to see the fight
>"Not the movies fault"
Fuck off. I want Rhino done right or not at all
>>
>>93621175
>>93621747
You guys, it doesn't matter if you think your shit stinks less than someone else' shit because nobody wants to smell that shit either way.
>>
>>93621747
They shouldn't have killed off Gwen.

>one of the things people liked in the first film was the Peter/Gwen relationship
>immediately kill her off in the next film

Damn, you couldn't have waited until ASM3?
>>
>>93621778
But MY shit is better than HIS shit!
>>
>>93621787
Gwen only exists to be killed off
>>
>>93621747
>Best costume
Nah, knockoff of Raimi's with bigger, inexpressive eyes and a weird shade of red
>best web swinging
Disagree, but it's such a fucking tiny detail
>best chemistry
Maybe. But 3 did a good job with MJ too
>best Gwen drop
I mean, i guess? It was forced all around, from the shitty last-minute Goblin to Gwen going "HURR I CAN HERO TOO"

Spider-Man 3 really doesn't have many problems aside from the forced Venom subplot. And even then that's just about the unsatisfying end to it, since black suit Spidey was fucking great
>>
>>93621799
And to be cloned
>>
>>93621763
Rhino is just too silly for live-action.
>>
>>93621998
>Spider-Man 3 really doesn't have many problems
Just because ASM2 is total shit doesn't mean you can tell lies like that, anon. Spider-Man 3 is a legitimately fucking awful movie.
>>
>>93621998
>web swinging
>Tiny detail

>MJ in SM3
>Good

Holy shit, son.
>>
>>93621998
>But 3 did a good job with MJ too

They have no chemistry in that film at all outside of the scene of them under the stars. They spend the whole movie fighting.
>>
Unpopular opinion: I enjoy TASM more than the 2002 Spider-Man, and I don think TASM 2 is all that bad. Spider-Mab 2 is GOAT though
>>
"Spider-Man" and "Spider-Man 2" are fantastic movies, but I throughoutly prefer Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone to Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst. I feel Garfield's interpretation was closer to the comics and more compelling as a whole.
>>
Something I never got about Spider-Man 2:

>Peter finds it hard to be Peter and Spider-Man
>loses a job because of it
>ultimately feels relieved when he doesn't have to be Spider-Man
>regains his powers and becomes Spider-Man again
>the issue with Peter's jobs never comes up again, not even in the next film
>>
File: 874521215.gif (180KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
874521215.gif
180KB, 200x200px
>>93622121
>____ is just too silly for live action
Its people like you that keep us from having nice things. Im not saying Rhino needs to run around NY in a furry costume, but the mech shit is terrible
>>
>>93622248
Garfield is an overall better actor then Maguire ever will be

Must be the jew gene
>>
>>93622174
That's what i meant, it's good they gave MJ a bit of more agency instead of just being a dream girl forever

>>93622151
Tell me why. The worst element i can think of is the Ben retcon. Although i can understand it's purpose, similarly to Nolan's TDKR the author felt the need to bring back the ghost of Christmas past to give a sense of full closure to a series they feel is closing down bor should

Then there's the fact that the MJ subplot is disrupted for the sake of superhero saving
>>
>>93622121
The only problem with him is the design. He's a russian mobster that underwent experiments that gave him super strength and armored skin. Not any more silly than getting powers from a radio active spider. You just gotta tweak the design a bit to not look goofy, especially his exposed face and give a reasonable explanation for the horn on his head.
>>
>>93622416
Not him but
>Shitty NuGoblin and the dumb Harry amnesia subplot
>Relationship drama with MJ
>Cringe Goth Peter
>Rushed Venom inclusion
>Topher Grace is miscast as Eddie
>Butler comes in to exposition dump Norman's insane hobby and how Peter didnt kill him, something he could have done ages ago
>>
>>93622440
There's also the size. He's just too HUEG.
>>
>>93622489
You know, even though the butler was right, just because the blade matches Norman's glider doesn't mean that Peter didn't stab him with it.
>>
>>93622498
Do people complain about the Hulk's size? He was already a big brute in the russian mob, and then he become a big brute that took radioactive rhino steroids of course he's gonna be big.
>>
>>93620491
tobey wasn't quippy enough.
second spider dude was good but the movies felt so slow.
>>
File: Rhino.jpg (131KB, 960x907px) Image search: [Google]
Rhino.jpg
131KB, 960x907px
>>93622440
>>93622498
>>93622556
Really the easiest way to explain Rhino, or at least in MCU continuity if it should arise, is that he was given an experimental chemical treatment that drastically enhanced his body/strength, only they had to graft a suit around his body and bones because the imperfect and unnatural changes would kill him otherwise. Still not sure how you would work around the head horn or the exposed face though
>>
>>93622556
Hulk is an easily CGI-able monster. Rhino has normal human features. It just looks weird.
>>
>>93622647
He likes to smash people with his head so either him or the people experimenting on him thought it was a good reason to shove a special blade/metal on his head

Or alternatively he was an idiot that always watched animal documentaries and liked how intimidating rhinos look so he tries to be like one
>>
>>93622722
Honestly these fucking companies need to just get the fucking guy who played the mountain in GoT (shit show but either actor) to either through a CGI suit on or just try act.

Find more dudes his size. One will have to be passable. They found a way to make a good movie with Gal Gadot. Why can't Batfleck fight MountainBane? Why can't Spidey fight MountainRhino? It just doesn't make sense to cast so poorly when the scripts have the villains written as barely speaking retards anyway.
>>
File: Rhino Head Sketch.jpg (84KB, 900x565px) Image search: [Google]
Rhino Head Sketch.jpg
84KB, 900x565px
>>93622747
Whatever the reason, Im just trying to figure how they'd pull it off without looking ridiculous
>>
>>93622803
Guess you could go with something like this where the horn is more like an happily placed piece of equipment rather than an actual horn
>>
File: 6583c63ad963efc8ac529876a3da1ccc.jpg (167KB, 1110x1100px) Image search: [Google]
6583c63ad963efc8ac529876a3da1ccc.jpg
167KB, 1110x1100px
>>93622842
Dang, forgot pic
>>
>>93622872
needs a better horn
>>
>>93622647
How about the people who made him that way had a very small amount of vibranium or whatever other fictional metal, I dunno if MCU can use Adamantium. Anyway they only had a small amount, not enough for a normal weapon, just enough for the tip of the horn.
>>93622803
The one in your pic looks good. I really do like the running on 4 limbs thing. The exposed mouth could be explained with the scientists making sure the skin didn't mutate around the mouth cause else he wouldn't be able to eat or breath
>>
>>93621376

What this boils down, for those that care and can be honest, is that SM1 and SM2 were significantly better in having coherent plots and less logic fails and major players holding idiot balls. They also have more "feels" moments for fans, plus the virtue of nostalgia goggles.

TASM1 and TASM2 are better in the pieces (costumes, casting, acting, etc. etc.) but do not cohere and have more plot and structure problems, as well as being over-stuffed. TASM 1&2 are better than SM3 on the merits, but nostalgia goggles and plot give more points to SM 1&2.

I'd rather re-watch pieces of the DVD of TASM 1 than any of the Rami movies, but if I was just wasting time on You Tube, it would be on a few clips of Raimi's trilogy.
>>
>>93620491
>>93620794
>>93620893
>>93621553
>Spider Man 2 is bad
Should've of made this thread on /tv/ OP.
/co/ has shit taste in films
>>
>>93623213
im >>93620794
I was saying spiderman 1 and 2 were good
>>
Why do people get so pissy when they find out that people like the TASM movies?

Do I think they're better than Spider-Man 2? No but I actually liked Andrew as Peter.
>>
I honestly don't understand why people don't like Tobey, its not because of the quips is it?
>>
>>93621376
what hasen't aged well?
>>
File: 1488516455915.gif (2MB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
1488516455915.gif
2MB, 235x235px
>>93623025

This 200%.

I honestly love TASM 1, and like 2 a lot. But I can understand when people think they're trash. As movies, Webb's direction resembles a collection of "cool clips" instead of having the normal flow you'd expect, and that may turn people down.

But since I'm a Spidey fanboy, I'd also rather re-watch the best scenes from TASM 1 and 2 than watching the Raimi movies. Honestly, Raimi's are cringey as fuck. Too cringey I'd say. They hold up as movies, but not as spider-man movies. They try too hard to emulate that old superman movie vibe and it feels just wrong.
>>
>>93624478
>Raimi's are cringey as fuck. Too cringey I'd say
You have no taste https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YXpaTA8zpI
>>
>>93624556

>0:38
>those close ups on his face

why.
>>
>>93624556
You know the first time I saw that, I thought the movie was going to end with that freeze frame
>>
>>93622290
It never comes up again because Peter truly accepts the responsibilities of being Spider-Man, with danger to loved ones included.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.