[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you want to get into the animation industry and are seriously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 8

File: download (3).jpg (4KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
4KB, 300x168px
>tfw you want to get into the animation industry and are seriously considering putting together a portfolio over time but your art is so shit nobody will ever hire you
>>
>>93615159
thats sad but you will get better over time and one day you will live your dream.
Work on it anon, we all believe in you
>>
File: d6d.jpg (27KB, 600x488px) Image search: [Google]
d6d.jpg
27KB, 600x488px
Go download some art tutorials from /ic/ and never stop practicing.
>>
Boogie had zero experience or knowledge until he was 20 and then he was totally self taught afterwards.
>>
>>93615159
what are you aiming for anon? the industry is comprised of many positions.
>>
>>93615270
i want to clean the floors at disney.
Just cleaning, then looking at the great stuff they are doing.
No responsibilities no pressure. Just cleaning and feeling the atmosphere of the animation industry
>>
>>93615159
Hello there!

I am an anonymous poster on /co/, nothing more nothing less.

Getting hired by an animation studio isn't necessarily about the product, but rather at your selling of it. I've seen pitches written on sticky notes get approved.

If you want to get hired, then put your love, sweat, and soul into your work, then sell whoever you are presenting to the idea behind it.

Now don't go too crazy with a 3 hour lore fiesta (mostly because at minute 2, it'll go in one ear and out the other) but just have something that is presentable and you can really sell.

The only person holding yourself back is you, the door is always open and waiting for people to walk on through. I believe in you OP, and i hope that I get to see your work in the future.

Sincerely,
An anonymous poster on /co/.
>>
File: 1468027637116.jpg (83KB, 416x684px) Image search: [Google]
1468027637116.jpg
83KB, 416x684px
>turned twenty this year
>pretty much bailed on high school and took a ged test later to learn how to draw good
>draw good but have just don't a lot of study drawings and abandoned projects
>working on a demo reel and small portfolio to apply to a nearby studio in a couple of weeks

>broke as shit and if I don't get hired it's back to the bricks working shitty jobs

It's best to start early, but if not, at least start now, cause then at least you'll have a chance a few years down the line.
>>
>>93615519
>turned twenty
>i don't work for the biggest by now
kys
>>
File: 20170702_134147.jpg (3MB, 2506x2660px) Image search: [Google]
20170702_134147.jpg
3MB, 2506x2660px
Dude. I am turning 28 this year and have wasted more of my life fumbling around before finding something stable enough to call a true calling.

I recently started drawing again and it isn't easy to keep at it but it is the only way to get better. I am stuck with number 2 pencils and printing paper for my work and I am struggling with learning how to color.

You have a better chance than I do. Keep at it and get good over time.

And the pic here is something I did a day ago.
And I struggle to get even one person to favorite on Deviantart.
>>
>>93615519
I'm 28 and I'd say that to your post youngun
>>
Stop feeling bad for yourself and acting like society owes you anything just because you think it'd be a fun job. This comment can apply to most of the posts in this thread. And no, just because you "want it" doesn't mean you'll achieve your dream. You need to not be functionally retarded and know how to gain skills, connections, and the ability to apply them in a way that will secure you a job. Either man up to what you have to do or get another job and stop complaining.
>>
Post your animation.
Tests, shorts everything goes
>>
>>93617088
Pretty much this.

People work for years to get a career and there is a certain amount of luck involved.

Whining about it won't help things so it is much better to keep trying and improve over time.

Hell,in an episode of Ren and Stimpy,Stimpy says that there are plenty of people in the animation industry who cannot draw for shit. And Steven Universe seems to prove that to be the case and that show is pretty popular for better or for worse.
>>
File: spaghetty.gif (1MB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
spaghetty.gif
1MB, 600x337px
>>93617186
I once tried my best and still failed.
Thats Life
>>
File: 1493571626280.jpg (11KB, 473x384px) Image search: [Google]
1493571626280.jpg
11KB, 473x384px
>>93615159
ok thanks for the fucking blogpost shithead
>>
>>93615159
>Nobody will ever hire you.
Animators are literally the biggest beta orbiters in the world. Every fucking day all I hear from animators is "nobody will ever hire me to animate their ideas, their projects, their stories".

Animators are the healsluts of the entertainment industry.
>>
File: 1476210950000.gif (701KB, 245x240px) Image search: [Google]
1476210950000.gif
701KB, 245x240px
>>93617704
You must be an animator who failed
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.