[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've decided I want to watch Wakfu. I've never touched

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 76d.jpg (26KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
76d.jpg
26KB, 640x360px
So I've decided I want to watch Wakfu. I've never touched the series not anything pertaining to it, so this is all new grounds for me. Basically I want to ask some questions so I can get the best experience out of it.

>Is there any outside knowledge I'm supposed to have? Any required/recommended reading or viewing prior to starting the series? Or are topics and lore explained thoroughly enough in the dialogue and plot?
>It's obvious I should be watching this in French with subtitles, right? Nobody defends the English dub?
>There's nothing wrong with the show on Netflix, right? No missing episodes or misordered shit?
>Anything else I should know?

Thanks in advance, /co/. Have a smug fucking duck.
>>
I only just started watching a few days ago but I can say that the show doesn't explain much about the World Of Twelve for you, so you may want to read up on the backstory from the Dofus or Wakfu sites.
>>
>>93611257
Watch it sub'd, the English dub is horrendous.

Go in hot with little to no knowledge of the lore or game and it will be magical.
>>
It's a kids' show at the end of the day, so there's not a whole lot of prep you need to do. The general premise is that the world has 12 gods and the followers of a given god take on some of its traits and abilities. Also a few hundred years ago there was a big badass ogre who cried so hard that he flooded the world and killed a shitload of people.

Everything else should be pretty self-explanatory.
>>
>>93611257
Play the Dofus MMO, read all 20 french comics and read all background lore.

That's prep

Then play the Wakfu MMO.
>>
File: Wakfu game trailer.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Wakfu game trailer.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>93611257
if you interested in the time line:

1. Dofus The Treasures of Kerub plays 1000 years before Wakfu
2. Dofus Movie Julith
3. Wakfu movies Goultard + Nox
4. Wakfu season 1-2 + ova

watch it in french, englist dub is the worst i ever heard
>>
>>93611257
There is really no prep needed. However, Ogrest lore and how Gods work might be nice to know. Ogrest lore is basically big Ogre fell in love with one of Sadidas dolls made to seduce some dragons, so he collected the 6 Dofus for love. Then his waifu fell down and he started to cry, causing huge ass floods which killed a shit ton of people. Gods couldn't do anything but they gave them gifts afterwards to help them starting a new life.
Gods are also pretty simple: the more followers they have the more powerfull they are. Everyone is human by default, but the more you believe in a god, the more powers you get from this god and the closer you look like this god. This ends after puberty where you get to keep the powers.

English dub is awful, watch it French with subtitles. German dub is also fine as it was ordered by television, but it never got onto television because it came out at the wrong time.

Show + OVA is on Netflix, Dofus isn't there tho as far as I recall.

The show is made in flash which means some lucky bastard has the version without the duck.
>>
>>93611257
You should watch Dofus first imo, unless you like shounen.
>>
>>93611257
>Anything else I should know?
Lops are canonically dumb. Tristepin is a genuinely useless fighter non-magic user character.
His whole arc is that his demon weapon thing doesn't respect him and will often try to take control of him, and he always loses like a dumbass.
>>
>>93611257
french w/ subs only
you can jump right in, then check out the background lore later, that's what I did a few years back
the Ogrest OVA is amazing, has a very early Dragonball kind of feel, and lays out some background for one of the most important characters to the universe who is often mentioned but rarely seen (for a while...)
Dofus is set before Wakfu, and is more of a comfy-comedy compared to Wakfu's adventure feel
>>
>>93612357
iops*
>>
File: 5932776-5139815592-giphy.gif (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
5932776-5139815592-giphy.gif
4MB, 480x270px
>>93612357
>non-magic user character
>>
File: iop.jpg (151KB, 922x1200px) Image search: [Google]
iop.jpg
151KB, 922x1200px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9g_YbvPGlM

s3 when?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.