[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With Homecoming coming out on Friday, I thought it's time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0978.png (650KB, 798x491px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0978.png
650KB, 798x491px
With Homecoming coming out on Friday, I thought it's time for one last debate about the previous two Spider-Man film series.

Which Spider-Man film series was ultimately better?
>>
>>93601065
I have an appreciation for both and both will at least be better than the dog shit that is Homecoming.
>>
>>93601065
The first one is superior in every way. Even Spider-Man 3 holds up against the Amazing films.
>>
>>93601065
Rami>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Webb
>>
Andrew Garfield plays a better Spidey
Toby McGuire plays a better Peter

Amazing films are trash btw
>>
>>93601065

As movies, the Raimi films were better.

Tobey was a good early, awkward Peter Parker that sadly never really developed beyond that characterization.

Garfield was a terrible Peter but was much better under the mask.
>>
>>93601065
Really stretching te word "debate" here booooooooooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
>>
I hated the web actually coming out of the wrists. If they going to do that the hole should be from his ass
>>
>>93601065
How is this even a question?
You prefer something that was made a cash-grab with a gritty realistic tone that failed to emotionally connect with viewers, or a series directed by a guy who ACTUALLY loved comic books?
>>
Spider-Man 2>Amazing Spider-Man>Spider-Man>Spider-Man 3>Amazing Spider-Man 2
>>
>That's a nice outfit, gay homo!

Why is Raimi's Spider-Man so mean?
>>
Obligatory post pointing out that young Peter Parker was never a soft-spoken austistic dweeb.

Garfield's portrayal of Peter before getting his powers certainly wasn't a perfect adaptation but people who pretend Tobey did a better job are retarded.
>>
Raimi's movies are superior but I prefer Andrew Garfield's portrayal as both Peter Parker and Spider-Man.
>>
>>93601108

/thread
>>
>>93601065
Friday?

I'm watching this on Wednesday
>>
>>93601065
Raimi went too far sometimes with the dialouge
>>
rhino isn't a guy in a big dumb mech suit. that's all i have to say
>>
>>93601065

>>93601088 < This. The Raimi series was better. It almost goes without saying.
>>
>>93601606

Giamatti would have looked awful in a real Rhino suit
>>
>>93601606
he was in Ultimate
>>
>>93601765
fair enough. it was just stereotypical hollywood spicing shit up that i didn't care for.
>>93601783
dumb. i want my rhino suit that he never takes off and has no holes for using the restroom. totally not dumb ;)
>>
>>93601065
Andrew Garfield was the better actor
Amazing had better action scenes
Raimi had less executive meddling fucking things up (3 being the obvious exception)
Amazing had the better female lead
Both had perfectly fine origins (milk memers pls go)
Both had good Bens and Mays
Amazing had the best suit
2 had the best villain

It was all a mixed bag, none of them were perfect or even close to it. My favorite was the first Amazing Spider-Man, although ASM2 had some of the best "Spider-Man moments" of the whole franchise in spite of the overall mess it ended up being. If the originals were your favorites that's cool but take off your nostalgia goggles and admit there were aspects of them that weren't so great.
>>
File: rad.gif (811KB, 245x185px) Image search: [Google]
rad.gif
811KB, 245x185px
>>93602215
Yeah and Rami's Spider-man didnt do rad tricks on his skateboard
>>
>>93602215
the immediate turnabout in the beginning of ASM2 had me shouting at my tv screen "YOU JUST SAID YOU WOULD STAY AWAY WTF"
>>
>>93602281

Not sure where brainy awkward geek got crossed with normal intelligence skater bro
>>
>>93602330
The relationship stuff was one of the worst parts of ASM2, if they'd just left it alone for at least one film and let that plot sit on the back burner the pacing would've been helped so much.

It's really painful for me to rewatch ASM2 because the more I watch it the more I can see the shining bits of a good film hiding underneath all the garbage the studio piled on there.
>>
>>93602281
No, when Raimi wanted to show Peter being "cool" he dressed him up like a high school emo and had him awkwardly thrust his hips are random women on the street.
>>
>>93602475
yeah i getcha, i've only seen it once, fairly recently, and came out with a pretty good overall perspective. but the re-watches usually ruin most films unfortunately. combing the scenes for every feel to fill that nostalgia hole or whatnot. i loved gwen stacy but they just stumbled on that part. it really shows when you watch them back to back
>>
File: 1370133726528.gif (430KB, 294x283px) Image search: [Google]
1370133726528.gif
430KB, 294x283px
Does anyone remember the weekend when the first Amazing Spider-man came out and /co/ was nothing but Spider-man storytimes? That was nice
>>
File: spideys.jpg (176KB, 662x594px) Image search: [Google]
spideys.jpg
176KB, 662x594px
>>93602215
>Amazing had the best suit

Except it didn't. It was a cheap-looking knockoff of the Raimi suit. The Raimi suit was obviously better designed and better made. The ASM2 suit was just a panic induced copout because the first ASM suit was so shitty and got such a negative reception.
>>
>>93602514
But he's a awkward wallflower, of course he doesnt know how to be cool
>>
>>93602649
wasnt here but soundsgoodman
>>
>>93602710
It's okay to like shit anon, but we don't want to hear about it.
>>
If you have to ask then you seriously just shouldn't even watch movies
>>
>>93602710

Why do people like the oversized, buggy eyes on the live action suits? They work in stylized 2d, but they look terrible in real life.
>>
>>93602330
They should've remained friends and only gotten back together in the end of ASM2. Then Gwen dies and Peter is hit hard because it was a result of him foregoing his responsabilities.
>>
>>93602974
i would probably like it more if they changed according to his mood like in the widely hated animated series.
>>
>>93601065
Tobey was great Peter but a poor-ass Spidey.
Andrew was great Spidey but a poor-ass Peter.

Tom seems to had found the balance between the two identities.
>>
Look, I quite like ASM1 and Garfield over Maguire, but it's quite simple math;

Raimi: Two enjoyable movies, one dogshit with kinda a conclusion
Webb: One enjoyable movie - for me, anyway, one dogshit disjointed movie without a conclusion
>>
>>93603047
exactly. just like uncle ben. the distance created between the two would make her untimely death more meaningful and "outofnowhere" if you will. shyamalan style bitchezz
>>
>>93601127
This.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.