[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>30 years >no real spinoff This occurred to me the other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 960.jpg (75KB, 960x540px)
960.jpg
75KB, 960x540px
>30 years
>no real spinoff

This occurred to me the other day, and I find that amazing.

In all that time, is there really NO character or concept that has cropped up that could've at least gotten tried out to see if it stuck?

Is there anything from the series that you personally think would have been neat if they tried to make a spinoff out of it?
>>
>Simpsons team didn't try spin offs
>Only made a movie when they were at their worst

They're stuck in the hell they created
>>
>>93582299

Evidently they were planning a live-action spin-off movie about Troy Maclure, but nixed it after Hartman died, of course. I wouldn't mind living in the alternate timeline where that happened.

But no, I don't think any Simpsons supporting character is strong enough to carry their own show. And certainly not this late in the game. Plus, just about every side character is voiced by one of the main cast and they charge $300k per episode. They either wouldn't do a spin-off or they'd charge so much as to make it financially unviable.
>>
>>93582336
the movie was good
>>
Futurama?
>>
>>93582517
Yeah keep pretending that

(The movie was Doug's 1st Movie quality)
>>
>>93582534
Not a spinoff.

Being made by the same guy doesn't make it so.

Like American Dad is not a Family Guy spinoff.
>>
They should just give up and write the whole show like "22 Short Films About Springfield". Just give us short skits, use the characters however you want, be creative.
>>
>>93582299
I would unironically watch the shit out of Chief Wiggum PI.
>>
>>93582299
>We will never see what sexy and exciting adventures Wiggum had in this exotic location.
>>
File: simpsons-couch-gag-laz-rider_1.jpg (29KB, 600x343px) Image search: [Google]
simpsons-couch-gag-laz-rider_1.jpg
29KB, 600x343px
>>93582639
I would like Chief Wiggum PI by way of La-Z Rider

I need more Flanders as Fernando Whitmore in my life
>>
Everyone on the Simpsons is so tied into the show that breaking them out would feel like a Simpsons episode without any of the main characters, unless they made the spinoff dramatically different in tone or production, in which case why bother?

An exception: I bet a Krusty show would be good, either as a straight up version of the show we get bits of now, or as a show within the show like The Criric or 30 Rock.
>>
>>93582565
>Like American Dad is not a Family Guy spinoff.
it always has been in my mind since I never watched a single episode of either of these shows.
>>
I'm pretty sure Groening would never allow a real spinoff.
>>
They contemplated a spinoff series around Season 7-ish but they didn't have enough writing staff to handle two shows.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.