[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, how do we fix The Scorpion? This guy was the original Anti-Spider

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 16

File: Scorpion 616.jpg (293KB, 988x733px) Image search: [Google]
Scorpion 616.jpg
293KB, 988x733px
Guys, how do we fix The Scorpion? This guy was the original Anti-Spider Man and hes been a joke for years. What happened? What needs to change? This is the same shit that Killer Moth went through. Is Gargan doomed to remain a jobbing hired thug?
>>
>>93582282
I dunno

Make him basically Bane?
>>
>>93582309
So make him a one hit wonder that keeps bringing up that one time he got the best of Peter?
>>
He has no motivation, he's kind of a petty thug by character
>>
File: scorpia.gif (208KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
scorpia.gif
208KB, 600x600px
Let's fix Titty Scorpion instead

All the jobbing loser shit of Scorpion, but with titties
>>
File: Scorpia.jpg (26KB, 286x450px) Image search: [Google]
Scorpia.jpg
26KB, 286x450px
>>93582421

Agreed. Spider-Man needs more recurring female villains anyway.

I feel like the costume could use a bit of work.
>>
>>93582282
give him a cool game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FScFD1PCh6A
>>
>>93582421
>>93582444
Theres something charming about Titty Scorpion trying to earn cash and be taken seriously but ultimately still a jobber. Well it certainly wont happen in todays Marvel, thats for sure
>>
>>93582444
Needs more of an armored look, lose the cloth. Scorpions are not soft.

And while she's at it, a helmet or something. Glasses. Something to at least vaguely protect her head.
>>
>>93582580
Yes give her huge thick glasses with pointy frames and have spider man take them so she bumps into things.
>>
Do we know his origin? Giving him an abusive dad might contrast well with Uncle Ben.
>>
>>93582894
Didn't they already do that to Otto?
>>
>>93582894
Jameson funded him, got a serum that made him superhuman, given a suit complete with mechanical stinger, became a bad guy
>>
the last time they tried to make him cool he became Venom
>>
>>93582282
When's the legit last time he's appeared? I vaguely remember him appearing in the first rebooted Spider-Man 2099 series as a bodyguard for Alchemax. I didn't continue because the story wasn't engaging, kinda slow, and boring and because Sliney's art is hard to look at, especially his pose work and faces. Has the series improved?
>>
>>93582282
Make him hate spiderman to the point of autism like black manta and cover the lower half of his face.
>>
>>93582282
Because it's hard to pin down the idea behind a Scorpion because the two most popular types of Scorpion are so different

>Emperor scorpion
>Huge
>Literal tank of the Arachnid world
>Huge crushing claws
>Mild sting
>Pretty docile

Deathstalker
>Wimpy claws
>Annoying jittery fucker
>Powerful sting
>Little armor
>>
>>93582421
>>93582444
Just have her kick Black Cat off her Queenpin throne and take her place. It's win/win
>>
>>93583308
>>Annoying jittery fucker

call me crazy, but make this the basis to build Scorpion's personality on
>>
>>93582282
But Mac IS a hired thug. That's his thing. Like from square one. Mac Gargan is a hired thug. This actually makes him kind of unique among Spidey villains. Pete mostly fights maniacs, tragedies, or underachievers with huge chips on their shoulders. Mac's just a goon and that works for him.

Now, something does need to be done about the jobbing part. Mac really should be just about the biggest physical threat Pete regularly encounters. The Scorpion should put Spider-Man through the wringer every time they collide.
>>
>>93583523
The OP picture sounds like how he should be as a character

Being a costumed Villain is a 9/5 Job to him.

No personal Grudges, No Evil plans.
>>
Gargan is a hired thug, what he is missing is a personality like Captain Cold's: It's all about the score, the rep and the glory.

The problem is that he takes himself seriously but he's got a track record just as bad as Shocker.
At least the latter can pull off the underdog angle when it counts. Gargan? We're supposed to believe he is successful when he never is.

The guy was given a Scorpion Sense for fucks sake and he KEEPS losing.
>>
>>93583825
What about a sudden Twist?

>Gargan has been paid off by the New York Office to job purposely paying him a hefty ransom
>>
>>93583523

>This actually makes him kind of unique among Spidey villains.

Aren't a good number of his Rogues Gallery powered thugs and bank robbers though?
>>
>>93582348
But that's why he was great. Mac was the extreme but of Peter's rogues for a long time, unable to get along with other villains and completely unhinged. I miss that Mac.
>>
>>93583891
Shocker comes to mind
>>
>>93583891
Yeah, but they've always got some kind of sob story they use to justify their bullshit. Gargan was born a bottom feeder. Heck, he's not even smart like the Shocker.
>>
>>93583177
>When's the legit last time he's appeared?
Current Venom book
>>
File: Scorpion.jpg (1MB, 1983x2123px) Image search: [Google]
Scorpion.jpg
1MB, 1983x2123px
>>93583891
Does Mysterio count? Aside from the performance, the guy tries to earn a buck
>>93583980
I hate the mohawk on the current suit
>>
>>93582282
Scorpion's great BECAUSE he's a thug. Like said in the thread earlier, Scorpion is a piece of shit, and he enjoys it. That's what he does.

Classic Scorpion is one of my favorite Spider-Man villains, until Marvel randomly decided that he isn't a threat because reasons. He needs to be a physical threat again. Scorpion used to make Spidey WORK for his wins, usually with Pete barely surviving the encounters. His first showdown with Spider-Man is one of the best Spidey defeats to this day, with Pete realizing he just got outclassed in every way possible.

So yeah, personality stays, but he needs to be Spider-Man's physical superior in strength, speed, and agility, yet have a vicious streak Pete doesn't.
>>
>>93584045
This.

make the only thing that gets Peter out of the fights is his intellect.
>>
>>93583112
Yes but original suit had a club tail not a stinger.
>>
File: scorpia.jpg (271KB, 601x651px) Image search: [Google]
scorpia.jpg
271KB, 601x651px
>>93582580
It originally was an armor-y exoskeleton thing, complete with goggles.
>>
Maybe pit him against some other heroes for a while to show that Peter really only beats him because he's been fighting him for years, and so a new hero or even someone who has been around the block but only knows Scorpion as "That guy who gets beaten by Spider-Man" would find themselves in a real bad spot. He's a merc so even if the hero manages to beat him up or apprehend him maybe they're not able to do it before he does whatever he's being paid to do.
>>
>>93585718
Blasphemous idea I know but, why not Miles? Christ knows he needs some villains
>>
>>93585893
Poor kid's already jobbed to Hammerhead twice. At this point it'd just make him look weak.
>>
>>93585921
You say that like its a bad thing. Miles needs to start jobbing considering his fucking Venom Blast has one shot nearly everyone else
>>
>>93585948

This. In fact, maybe have the Venom Blast simply not work on Scorpion for [reasons].
>>
He needs to quote lyrics from Scorpions songs, and by doing so things inexplicably turn out in his favor.
>>
>>93584036
Did the new Venom come out yet? Nobody storytimed it
>>
>>93585972
Maybe the Venom Blast can't connect through Scorpion's armor.
Having Miles' battle mirror Peter's first battle with Scorpion with him getting his ass kicked would be pretty cool and it would help him learn he can't always rely on Venom Blast.
>>
>>93585893
Miles would just Venom Blast him away. Like he does most of the bad guys he fights.
>>
>>93586296
We did, it was awful, nobody cared
>>
>>93582282
He overlaps too much with other villains now. His tail is like Doc Ock's arms, his design is similar to the spider slayers, his backstory isn't very memorable and half of his suit designs are a joke.
>>
>>93587216
I meant the new issue, apparently it hasn't come out yet, I thought it did

Also, I thought the last issue was alright, now that its just back to Eddie being Eddie
>>
I hate overly robotic suits on both Scorpion and Rhino.
Scorpion should be sleeker than this Transformers looking shit
>>
File: Scorpion_Marvel.jpg (226KB, 848x1078px) Image search: [Google]
Scorpion_Marvel.jpg
226KB, 848x1078px
>>93588113
Same, making super suits into mecha crap is so lazy to me, like something about it just seems cheap and pandering to people who would think traditional looks are "too silly"
>>
File: MGS2_RAY2.png (223KB, 769x737px) Image search: [Google]
MGS2_RAY2.png
223KB, 769x737px
>>93588113
He full on looks like Metal Gear Ray and it's fuckin stupid.
>>
File: The Scorpion.jpg (258KB, 751x1024px) Image search: [Google]
The Scorpion.jpg
258KB, 751x1024px
Turn him into a big horrible mutant scorpion or something, I dunno.
>>
Correct me if Im wrong, but wasn't Gargan so stupid that he spent god knows how long stuck in his suit thinking he was unable take it off when in reality he totally could?
>>
>>93583825
>but he's got a track record just as bad as Shocker.
Shocker actually has the best win/lose ratio of all Spidey villains.
>>
>>93582838
Velma Dinkley is not a supervillain!
>>
>>93588845
I don't know about that, but Shocker certainly has wrecked Spider-Man on multiple occasions. Heck, I'm pretty sure I remember at least one time when the story just ended with Shocker winning and walking away.
>>
File: scoran0001.jpg (101KB, 590x373px) Image search: [Google]
scoran0001.jpg
101KB, 590x373px
>blondie
>>
>>93588962
The disadvantage of having a script writ before the artists have the inks.
>>
>>93588352
Confusing characters and storylines.

Rhino was dumb muscle who was permanently bonded in his suit; his quest to get the suit removed (and bad guys wanting to keep tricking him into thinking it was irrevocably bonded to him to keep him working as a super goon) was one of the main storylines in Deadly Foes

And you faggots all have Scorpion's motivations 100% wrong. His entire reason for existing is to kill Jameson, since he used to be a respected private detective until Jameson paid him to become the Scorpion and kill Spider-Man/threw him under the bus when he failed.

He's not a goon for hire; hes a psychopath who wants to kill Jameson and a reminder that Jameson's own litany of sins committed in his vendetta against Spider-MAn
>>
>>93589523
Language aside, this guy gets it.

The whole point of Scorpion is that he's pretty much JJJ's worst nightmare: walking, talking proof that Jonah isn't some innocent yellow journalist. That he's used his considerable wealth to create a super-villain who's gone on to do all sorts of bad things, in the name of killing Spider-Man.

Roger Stern got a lot of mileage out of this angle: he had Scorpion try and murder JJJ's wife Marla (a deed Slott later on, had him succeed in doing so as far as Mac killing her) when she got engaged to JJJ. And Hobgoblin used this to blackmail JJJ and ultimately forced Jonah to temporarily step down as head editor of the Bugle, when he publicly confessed to having created the Scorpion.
>>
>>93589523
How hard could it be to just kill Jonah if that's your goal? Just show up to the Bugle and bust into his office, characters do it pretty frequently
>>
>>93589523
>>93589655
If they really are setting up Scorpion in Homecoming 2 having that movie introduce MCU JJJ would be pretty perfect.
>>
>>93582282
Give him something like his classic or '90s TAS outfit. Nobody's going to take him seriously with his big dumb robot suit with scorpion claw hands so dumping that would be a start.
>>
Get rid of the suit give him scorpion powers make him tough as fuck someone that is endurance and can take a complete beating yet it just makes a scratch, let him burrow in and out of the ground surprise attacks, acid blood and spit that's like getting pepper sprayed. Let him also see body heat I guess that's it I can think of but I know it won't happen all the villains in marvel downgraded to D level and the wrecking crew became the one hit wonders to stick in anything remotely needed a bad guy to be beaten.
>>
>>93589803
Your ideas are terrible
>>
>>93582282
Maybe tone down the pointless lights and lessen the amounts of fragments in his armor.
>>
File: Maximus_Gargan_(Earth-1610).jpg (287KB, 1279x1905px) Image search: [Google]
Maximus_Gargan_(Earth-1610).jpg
287KB, 1279x1905px
>>93589803
You just described this guy ultimate scorpion 2.0
>>
>>93588251
>>93588113
I think they should be overly technological, because it's their premise, they are inside very high tech armor that simply was drawn as plain because of the mindset of the time not having real life high tech to base on something.
However, they would look much better with a simple outer layer that makes it seem like a simple costume (for the most part, some lines and denotation that it's armor is good), no stupid neon light and plates everywhere.
You should only get reminded that they are almost robots when they are damaged and the outer layers rips.
>>
What happened is that writers forgot that Scorpion is supposed to be Spider-Man's physical superior.
In his fucking first appearance when Peter decides to knock Scorpion out with his super-strength, Scorpion doesn't even flinch after which Parker stops holding back and still barely survives.
Now in Slott's shit Ock easily punches Scorpion's jaw off because "Parker held back all the time" which was cheap spiderwank.
>>
>>93589655
>he had Scorpion try and murder JJJ's wife Marla (a deed Slott later on, had him succeed in doing so as far as Mac killing her)

Wasn't that it Smythe who killer her, not Scorpion?
>>
>>93582329
Last thing Bane was really good in was Secret Six.
>>
>>93582282
Bring back cute teen girl Scorpion and her midriff
>>
>>93592711
>The suit is bulletproof
>better hope you don't get shot in the gut though lol

Though I guess it could be skin colored leather?
>>
>>93582282
There's nothing wrong with the scorpian, just take the original design and give him a better helmet
>>
>>93592728
That would be semi-interesting.

A female anti-hero meta-operative that has a super outfit that protects her with certain suggestive parts looking like they are cut out of it to throw targets off guard.

>>93592711
This is retarded though, you don't design a bulletproof outfit then remove a huge area of it to allow people to gutshot you.
>>
>>93587686
Is that the one with Moon GIrl? I'm staying away, I might stroke out in anger.
>>
>>93592728
>>93592780
I think it's actually a liquid armor that shapeshifts a bit
>>
Have Otto put his brain into Gargan's body, you now have a guy stronger than Spider-Man and about as smart as he is too. The Superior Scorpion.
>>
File: Wv6ayCR.jpg (938KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Wv6ayCR.jpg
938KB, 1000x1500px
>>93592858
>>
File: IMG_2604.jpg (138KB, 531x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2604.jpg
138KB, 531x800px
>>93585718
In the 70s he took a breather from Spider-Man and fought Captain America. It was probably his worst design, but he almost killed Steve.
>>
Wasn't Scorpion's gimmick that he always hated Jameson for turning him into le monster and trying to kill him? What is this goon nonsensse I keep hearing about in this thread? I literally never saw him be like that.
>>
>>93591950
Simone unfortunately ended up turning him into a walking meme.
>>
>>93593111
It's both. He's a hired goon with no greater aspirations or motivations, but he also really hates JJJ

He was Osborns bitch for quite a while and anytime he shows up and Jonah ISN'T involved he is basically just career criminal guy, super villain whos in it for the check

Though, it isn't for lack of trying, it's clear he does want to be taken more seriously as a villain but still lacks any real ambition or possibly he's just really dumb and incapable of it
>>
>>93582282
The best bet probably would've been some dicking around against Venom and going against Alchemax.

Spider-Man is Marvel's posterboy, so they've pumped him full of so many oh shit moments and character wank like pulling down a building in Origin of the Species, dodging fired bullets in Grim Hunt, and placing him at godly levels in Identity Wars and Spider-Verse, so you can't really have Scorpion realistically fight him anymore. Venom on the other hand hasn't been jacked off nearly as much, has set in stone vital weaknesses that anyone can exploit, and people can still fuck him up with other tools/targeting the host inside. Gargan's also got that pants on head retarded run as Venom that could be reflected on, and he recently had to deal with Lee and Eddie in Venom Vol 3.

If you threw Venom, Alchemax, Jonah working with the latter, and more experimentation on him into a bucket and swirled it around, you'd probably get something out of it that would give Scorpion a bit of relevancy again.
>>
>>93592711
Is she the one who may or may not be Banner's daughter?
>>93582282
He is fine being Alchemax's hired thug for now on.
>>
>>93593111
That was from the 70s mostly, him being a goon for hire, then 80s went back to him being insane again and hating Jameson. Then the 90s onwards (1994 specifically) made him a joke for no real reason.

You're totally right though, he was usually a psychopath who obsessively hated JJ and Spidey. Hell, they made a point of basically saying that he's so nuts that other villains didn't want to work with him.

Then out of nowhere he turned into a thug at >>93593076
>>
>>93583523

I dunno, Mac had serious hatred for Pete in Marvel Knights. Like Manta and Lex levels of hate, it'll be a waste to remove that instead of capitalize on it.
>>
>>93582282
>Once a major threat that was a sociopath
>Now is known as a dumb thug

Being a Scorpion fan is suffering.
>>
>>93593076
Well Cap is notably inferior to Spiderman, especially 616 Cap.
>>
File: y5pbeUQ.png (2MB, 975x988px) Image search: [Google]
y5pbeUQ.png
2MB, 975x988px
>>93591332
The first Ultimate version had the perfect balance of obviously being a tech suit but not looking like a damned tank.
>>
I liked this look.
>>
>>93582282
Let him kill Jameson. Make it so Spidey is the only person there when Jameson passes on.
>>
>>93585948
>>93585921
Just how does someone as OP as Miles lose to someone with almost no powers like Hammerhead?
>>
>>93582282
I think Scorpion peaked around Siege.
>>
>>93594220
Miles using Venom Blast = Too OP pls nerf
Miles not using Venom Blast = early Spider-man minus the smarts

Bendis probably heard people complain about the venom blast and didn't use it in that fight.
>>
File: big guy comic.jpg (58KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
big guy comic.jpg
58KB, 800x480px
>>93593183
Simone did that?? A certain director usually gets the credit.
>>
>>93594421
Also, Miles' spider-sense is weaker than Peter's so he tends to get hit more.
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.