[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone read this? Is it worth reading and is there any kind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 8

File: .jpg (528KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
528KB, 500x750px
Has anyone read this? Is it worth reading and is there any kind of "message" in it? I don't want to read it if it's just some feminist/tumblr/agenda pushing drivel like most of marvel nowadays.
>>
File: Kristen_Gudsnuk.jpg (22KB, 296x296px) Image search: [Google]
Kristen_Gudsnuk.jpg
22KB, 296x296px
>>93579325
This is the author. Now take a guess if its fucking trash.
>>
god you people here really have been drained of all your humanity huh

just fucking read it OP
>>
>>93581128
It's 4Chan faggot. There hasn't been humanity here since it's conception. Go back to Tumblr.
>>
File: 1205464804964.jpg (34KB, 505x379px) Image search: [Google]
1205464804964.jpg
34KB, 505x379px
>>93581128
>>
>>93579325
I like it. But I'm a biased because the author is one of my good friends. One of my characters even shows up in there.

Just read it, anon. It's not pushing an agenda it's just making fun of superheroes in a way that's basically how a 20 something would approach a Venture Bros style comic.
>>
>>93581087
Maybe she just has horrible taste in fashion?
>>
>>93579325
Are you the same fag from this morning?
>>
>>93579325
Anybody have the full link so I can actually read the damn thing?
>>
>>93581365
It is pushing an agenda.
>>
I like it it's kinda comfy millennial Scott pilgrim rip off

I stopped reading after a while though

Oh and it has a pretty interesting distinction between evil and general supervilliany
>>
>>93579325
it's boring.
I got like 60 pages in and it felt like nothing really happened, but it's probably more accurate to say the plot points feel like they have no weight to them. It's not very funny, either.
>>
>>93579325
Main character a cute, drawfags where you at
>>
Fuck off, faggot.
>>
>>93583098
Don't you use that f-word you alt-right gamergater piece of trump supporting shit.
>>
So, this is one of those viral marketing threads I keep hearing about? I'm kind of disappointed.
>>
>>93579325
It's surprisingly not agenda pushing, actually. As a matter of fact, it's pretty anti-SJW in places. Like the Mexican superheroine who is literally a maid.
>>
>>93583214
>Mexican superheroine who is literally a maid.
Sounds more weeaboo than anti-SJW.
>>
>>93579325
I started reading it but I forgot about it, might pick it up again
>>
>>93583397
I mean, she's a super huge stereotype. Like, the kind of maid who fixes up your hotel room.
>>
>>93583588
Is she cute? What does her costume look like?
>>
File: Henchgirl Consuelo.png (95KB, 349x159px) Image search: [Google]
Henchgirl Consuelo.png
95KB, 349x159px
>>93583898
Here she is in her various incarnations.
>>
>>93579325
Why do people use 4Chan to market shit. Especially shit like this. Just stop. If it's good people will get it. Go push it on Twitter and Dumblr.
>>
>>93583948
Consuelo?
Now it's been a while since my high school spanish but shouldn't that be Conseula?
>>
>>93583964
>>93581152
>capital C in 4chan
I have a feeling you're the author trying to collect "abusive" 4chan screenshots so you can get tumblr sympathy points.
>>
>>93583995
She's an "it" girl.
>>
>>93579325
the girl looks pretty cute, might be a fun read
>>
>>93583995
Consuelo is a noun. If you name someone a noun, the gender remains the same.

Consuelo = Comfort
>>
>>93584089
doesnt really mean comfort. and its not really a noun. more like a verb. you cant just pull words out of spanish and expect them to work like english does. consuelo is more like, "i comfort/console" or "i am comforting X". its an in between word.

and it may be a female name, but if youre called consuelo, youre better off just killing yourself. thats never not gonna sound masculine. like a man named jacqueline. theres a reason why jack is masculine and would be more appropriate. just like theres a reason consuela is feminine and FAR more appropriate.

like i said, consuelo is mainly a female name. but theres few poor souls who have ever had to live with that name. just like theres not that many le-as (ledasha) in the world, but it exists as a female name
>>
>>93581087
C'mon man, the comic is fun
>>
>>93582129
Every fucking comic push an agenda, just read it, the tumblr agenda isn't that strong here
>>
>>93581515
Ah fuck, didn't know that her web page went down :(
http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Henchgirl
>>
>>93584546
I'm a native spanish speaker, guachin.

Consuelo can be treated like a noun and is a common female name.

"To comfort" would be consolar, it's verb form. "un consuelo" would roughly translate to "a comfort" because this primitive language have no literal translation for consuelo.
>>
>>93583995
Consuelo is used very often as a female name
Same as Guadalupe, although that was a male name 100 years ago
>>
>>93581087
Cute.
>>
>>93584727
me too you fucking nigger. i dont know where you live, but its certainly not mexico. the only spanish speaking country that matters
>>
>>93582129
What agenda, exactly?

>>93581365
On a scale from shoe0nhead to The Mary Sue, how left-wing is she?
>>
>>93583948
This thread makes my dick happy.
>>
>>93584772
The author's family is from Spain. So that's the sort of Spanish she knows
>>
File: comete_un_snickers.jpg (22KB, 600x344px) Image search: [Google]
comete_un_snickers.jpg
22KB, 600x344px
>>93584772
Wayyy to push your frijoles man, cómete un snickers
>>
>>93584805
The kind of left wing who's frequently fed up with disingenuous way the Mary Sue and other publications try to frame liberal issues she actually cares about.
>>
I felt like way to many characters were unlikable assholes and annoying plus the story drags a lot
>>
>>93581087
The glasses aren't "problem glasses"
Additionally to the teeth, this makes her look less like idpol and more nerdy.
>>
>>93584913
Okay, I can live with that. I'll pick this up next time I have the opportunity.
>tfw far-right and enjoy conventionally liberal things
>>
>>93581128
No, we just try appeal to our colonial masters, because if we don't, they will raid us and we are no match against their relentless autism.
>>
>>93584913
Which left wing?
The "workers should own the means of production" left-wing or the "I'm a proud feminist, this t-shirt made in a third world sweatshop proves it" liberal?
>>
>>93579325

It was a fun read. Met the creator at C2E2 this past year.
>>
what's the point of these stupid threads. It's clear OP wasn't actually looking for a decent answer with their attitude.
>>
I saw it at the store but they didn't have issue one. If they did I would have picked it up.
>>
>>93581365
Give me a better premise than that please. I'm interested. Sell me.
>>
>>93583948
She doesn't look Mexican
>>
>>93585717
Actually wrote the original copy for this. DH punched it up.

"Mary Posa hates her job. She works long hours for little pay, no insurance, and worst of all, no respect. Her co-workers are jerks and her boss doesn't appreciate her. He's also a supervillain. And her parents... well, they're the most famous superhero couple in Crepe City, along with her sister. Cursed with a conscience, Mary would give anything to be something other than a Henchgirl, but no matter what she does her plans always seem to go awry."
>>
>>93585964
>the most famous superhero couple in Crepe City
Wait. So why is the the henchman of a supervillain then?
>>
>>93579325
When this thread dies will we have another one? Just asking because this is the second one I have noticed.
>>
>>93585998
She has powers but they're negligible and her parents treated her sister way better because her sister had actually cool powers
>>
>>93586050
Why would gudsuk stop shilling her shitty comic?
>>
>>93586135
Wait there was another thread earlier?
>>
File: 1497649914800.jpg (214KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1497649914800.jpg
214KB, 900x675px
I bought the trade on a whim because it was a pretty decently sized and what I flipped through was funny, it's pretty fun and I liked it.
My only complaint is that the ending is just a huge clusterfuck. Like it was canceled or the author expected to have more issues.

Also there's no agenda pushing. There's ONE panel where the new superhero in town tells a cop to stop racially profiling: that's the furthest it gets. On the same page she jumps on some guy's car and tells him to pays his taxes.
>>
File: RCO012_1465573308.jpg (371KB, 1076x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RCO012_1465573308.jpg
371KB, 1076x1600px
>>93586251
Go work on your art. This is sub-webcomic tier.
>>
File: henchgirl.png (144KB, 313x263px) Image search: [Google]
henchgirl.png
144KB, 313x263px
Reading issue one and here are my thoughts.
Some of the panelling flows a little weird. I am kind of reminded of One Punch Man with Human Taxi. Mr. Molotov Cocktail got a dumb laugh out of me. Oh his name's not Human Taxi nevermind. The beanie guy lying about his daughter to shoot up in an alley was really unexpected and dark. I don't get the carrot joke. I don't think I was supposed to? Her listening to Linkin Park got a giggle.

It seems... I don't know? It's kind of hard to pin down. It's really flighty and doesn't linger on one thing long enough to sink in. One page she's out in her ouftit doing crime, in the next she's at home with her roommates? I think I get what it's going for but it doesn't land it flawlessly. Plus the city is not established at all and I think that's kind of important for a superhero story. I don't know what kind of world it is either. It seems like it could just be the regular world with superpowers but all of a sudden there's an orphanage on a cartoony narrow cliff. Also the art is sometimes okay sometimes really... meh. I may read one more issue to see if I'll continue it.

I got this reaction image out of it though.
>>
>>93579325
Its fine,i enjoyed it,the arts cute and theirs some funny jokes.

Nothing really stood out as crazy liberal,i can enjoy things with a right or left wing bend,so many that's just me.
>>93586268
>There's ONE panel where the new superhero in town tells a cop to stop racially profiling
I remember that,the joke was there the cops were trying to stop a actually criminal in the background which she didn't see,so all she saw was the cops staring at a brother minding is own business.
>>
>>93586448
Read issue 2 and I'm still not any more clear on anything but the basic premise of the girl being poor because no job so she needs to be a henchgirl. That's pretty much all I'm getting out of this comic. Some of the gags are funny but I don't see any reason to actually care.
>>
>>93585964
>Mary posa
Heh
>>
>>93579325

>Having to check to see if something has any unpalatable opinions before reading it

You are an intellectual cripple. Grow a pair and think for yourself.
>>
>>93579325
You're halfway to boycotting it on principle just because the main character is female, so I'm pretty sure you're going to be outraged at its "message". I don't know whether it actually has one.
>>
>>93587623
>>93587702
Honey, stop. You're embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>93581087
I guess there won't be loli, rape or loli rape... Fucking dropped
>>
>>93583172

Are you the guy whose been whitenighting in all the /co/ threads recently?
>>
>>93583082
what you want, Anon?
>>
>>93588479
He's clearly falseflagging pretending to be offended
>>
>>93579325
I just read it all and it ends really abruptly. Seems like nothing was tied up.
>>
>>93579325
Its the "History's Strongest Deciple" of Webcomics. Its fun but takes foever for anything to happen and when you finally think its good, it takes a hard right to loopy ville but before you can even try to figure out what happened the comic ends.
>>
>>93583214
How the fuck is that anti-sjw
>>
Fun comic. Buncha salty bitches in this thread.
>>
>>93588710
>He's clearly falseflagging
Obviously.

>pretending to be offended
Obviously not.
>>
>>93589598

I'm not even an american and even I know of that stereotype.
>>
>>93581365
>It's not pushing an agenda it's just making fun of superheroes

Fuck you to death, cocksucker.

Die of cancer. Testicular cancer.

OF THE BRAIN.

Oh, and if you can manage to burst into agonizing flames for your last few horrible seconds, please do so.

"No fucking agenda."

I hate you so much, it's not possible to even express it.

Hate.

HATE.
>>
>>93590529
If you're going to have a hysterical meltdown, at least post why you disagree.
>>
>>93590529
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>93590574
>>It's not pushing an agenda it's just making fun of superheroes

I did.

>It's not pushing an agenda it's just making fun of superheroes

Fuck you. Die horribly. And slowly.

Why would you be soo utterly empty as to think it's cool to 'male fun' of anything, you wretched waste of semen?

Die.

Die.

I want to think you to death.
NNNNNGGGH.
>>
>>93590616
Oh. You're just trolling. That takes the wind out of it.
>>
>>93583995
It's a Catholic thing
t.Mexican.
>>
>>93583948
This is Michael Scott levels of innocent racism.
>>
>>93590529
Is this a meme?
>>
Well, it's not bad, but it hasn't really gripped me the way a lot of the media that probably inspired it did.

The main character is adorable as fuck and I'd love some smut, though.
>>
>>93579325
why not find out faggit

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Henchgirl/Issue-1?id=58931
>>
>>93581365
>how a 20 something would approach a Venture Bros style comic.

That sounds fucking awful. The reason VB is good is because it's by people old enough to have perspective on pop culture.
>>
>>93584772
>spanish speaking country that matters
>implying any spanish speaking country matters at all
>>
If io9 liked it, I know I won't.
>>
>>93583964
>>93581152
>4Chan
No one talks like this, just a heads up
>>
>>93581087
> look, I'm judging a book my its cover unironically
go back to /r9k/
>>
>>93584711
> I know, we'll rob the handsome rich playboy, what could possibly go wrong
now you got me
>>
"I can make carrots appear!"
OH DEAR GOD WHAT
>>
>Foolish Games Jewel Store
stahp!
>>
This is a weirdly autistic thread. Like it went from 0 to 60 straight away, there was no build up. Is this one of these things where it's from /co/ or there are already fandom lines drawn so people jump on it straight away?
>>
>>93593091
> I won't read the comic, spoonfeed me
go fuck yourself
>>
>>93579325
>and is there any kind of "message" in it?
How fucking triggered are you? Are you here to beg us to filter the world for you?
>>
>>93593091>>93593188
No. It's a shill thread, and some of the dedicated shitposters caught wind.

The opening is more of an invitation to market through outrage, as any anon worth his good boy tendies isn't going to need advice on triggering material. There's more than enough motherfuckers scouring the universe for shit that makes them mad as it is.

As far as the comic itself, from the part I read until I got bored, it was generic Lumberjanes teir tumblr as fuck tripe. Not that's it's a bad thing, if you like that shit, or are a 6 year old with poor bladder control. It's no Assigned Male or Hathor, to keep it in perspective.
>>
>>93583995
consuelO is a female spanish name
consuelA is a female portuguese name
>>
>>93584546
>>93584089
>>93584753
>>93583995
>>93593388

>Consuelo?
>Now it's been a while since my high school spanish but shouldn't that be Conseula?

It should be Consuelx, mi amigx.
>>
Just read the ten issues linked in the thread, and it's not nearly as bad as I was expecting it to be, judging from some of the reactions. Characters are pretty interesting/funny/cute, story kept me going and interested, my only real complaint was the Time travel, or whatever it was, in the last issue. I'll reserve full judgement when I read more of that however.
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.