[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With Bay gone is there hope for an actual good live action Transformers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1473286554181.jpg (526KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
1473286554181.jpg
526KB, 1000x1414px
With Bay gone is there hope for an actual good live action Transformers movie to be made?
>>
>>93578756
Wait. What?

Michael Bay ain't gonna do Transformers movies after Last Knight?
>>
>>93580182
Didn't he say the third one was going to be his last?
then 4 and 5 happened
>>
>>93580182
He keeps saying he wants to quit but the producers beg him to come back. However considering Last Knight is the worst performing sequel in modern history I doubt they would be stupid enough to allow him back
>>
>>93578756
2007 dotm and aoe were all good so maybe

But if you think this is like capes your wrong

Say what you will about bay but je incorperated those cgi characters into the action perfectly and built entire 5-10 minute scenes around actors talkiing to 30 foot cartoons that werent even there

In an age where holy wood wont let thorbwear his hammer and theblead director of the dc cinimatic universe thinks having bat man and superman have full conversations in costume is ridiclous we might end up with some ass hole who cuts the transformers dialoug completly. Whether this is through incompetence or lacking bays ability to stretch a budget who knows.

Rember one of the first drafts for a transformers movie had them not transforming till the final sceme
>>
>>93580392
So the thing with the declining quality of Bayformers movies since the 1st one was because Bay had enough of it?

Let him go then if he's fed up with it. I'd want for instance a Beast Wars movie...without humans.
>>
>>93580447
I love Beast Wars as much as the next guy, but I don't think Beast Wars is well known enough these days to warrant a super high budget hollywood film.

Like yeah within the fandom it's one of the higher praised shows, but it would be basically catering to a niche group of 90s kids who are now 20-30 year old men and that's it
>>
>>93580435
>2007 dotm and aoe were all good

You deserve to be killed.
>>
>>93580563
Right. If we'd want a movie, then there should be a cartoon first. Preferably a good one with models done in such a way that kids would like all of them. Not just dinos, dragons and lizards, but the other animals too.
>>
>>93580435
>Rember one of the first drafts for a transformers movie had them not transforming till the final sceme
So James Roberts was involved?
>>
>>93580563
>>93580652

The 2007 movie was entirely based on the G1 cartoon, which had not been the image of the franchise for 23 years. The Unicon trilogy was what the franchise was at the time.
>>
>>93580652
You know there was a new Beast Wars cartoon announced right?
>>
>>93580696
Yeah. And then we've got the Cybertron games and later the aligned continuity...that either gets mentioned or not.

Which also explains why Grimlock in the newest RiD is a goofball instead of a raging, plasma-breathing Decepticon-cide machine. There are two Grimlocks. The original one is still somewhere on Cybertron with his team. The name Grimlock is common among Dinobots. Which begs the questions how are there more Dinobots as we've seen in S1.

Then again there is still the question on why Decepticons most of the time in this show look like were-insert animal name that turn into vehicles. Probably to emulate the original RiD. Then again, it's kinda inconsistent considering this RiD is a sequel to Prime.

>>93580755
Wait, for real? Have a source?
>>
>>93580392
It's more likely they'll reboot with him as an advisor.

Viet Nam Fucking Shit was never a good lead, just a meme lead.

Reducing the animation cost by using less complex models seemed like a good idea, but in practice it hasn't worked out and the quality of the animation, which was always quite high to begin with, has suffered.

When all's said and done, however, it'll likely end up on a very respectable gross - just not the billion dollarydoos they legitimately could have made if they'd done it right. Lessons will be learned, but not by Bay - he's gotten consistently high grosses four out of five times, and anybody could be forgiven for thinking that ten years in the franchise is just suffering from audience fatigue.

It's made too much money to kill his career.

>>93580435
Plus what he does do, he does meticulously. He's like a latter-day Tony Scott; there's a real flair there, but he's got what his audiences want figured out and he sticks to that in his commercial works. He also does his homework: whenever Bay adapts anything, you know he's identified the core features of it, even if he's reworked them so that they're initially unrecognizable to existing fans. That's the point: no movie should be fanservice, where one small group in the audience has the inside track on everybody else.

Of course if he is free, he's the kind of guy WB will be looking for should Snyder step down permanently.
>>
>actual good live action Transformers

Given the current state of the franchise, I would be happy if there was ANY good Transformers fiction in the pipelines
>>
>>93580696
Yeah, but even still. The public perception of Transformers as a brand by then was Robots who turn into vehicles, doesn't really matter what the movie was based on since everything is kind of derivative...I mean Bumblebee was nothing like G1 Bee anyway, he could have just as easily been named Hot Shot, but G1 is more well known as a whole as being "iconic" so why not run with G1 names just for the sake of it

I can imagine a lot of more casual TF fans reacting to a Beast Wars movie the same way a lot of fans reacted to the original Beast Wars, finding it really fucking silly that they turn into "realistic" looking talking animals

Plus with no humans, it would pretty much just be a cartoon movie, and that alone would draw a much smaller audience I bet too
>>
>>93580619
Come and get me sissy
>>
File: leg.png (27KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
leg.png
27KB, 540x540px
Alright boys, how unrealistic would it be for me to want a reboot with a Shockwave that doesn't die in 5 minutes?
>>
>>93581558
As unrealistic as expecting a movie that doesn't center around Optimus or Bumblebee.
>>
File: tfw no season 4.png (257KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tfw no season 4.png
257KB, 1000x1000px
>>93581574
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.