[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Besides all the extreme sports, what went wrong with Rocket Power

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: rocketpowwow.jpg (82KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
rocketpowwow.jpg
82KB, 500x375px
Besides all the extreme sports, what went wrong with Rocket Power that nobody fondly remembers it like the other Nicktoons at the time?

Except for Tito, of course.
>>
I distinctly remember Rocket Power being not shit
is there any place I can download it
>>
The show wasn't terrible, but the fact that it was so blatantly and unironically a corporate suit's attempt at pandering to an outdated "radical cool sporty kids" stereotype and the fact that, while not terrible, it was extremely mediocre made even stupid kids balk at the very sight of it.
>>
i stayed up for 3 days around my birthday watching a RP marathon while eating a shit ton of cupcakes my mom made me.

not sure how i didn't get in trouble for eating like 90% of the cupcakes.
>>
It was a show that I would watch if it was on, but not a show that I would watch if anything decent was on another channel.
>>
I think it did exactly what it set out to do: get kids to go out and exercise. Me and my friends definitely got out and moved because of it.

It's just that they didn't count on kids going out and exercising INSTEAD of having to watch the boring a and ugly show.
>>
File: 1491122070533.png (168KB, 410x409px) Image search: [Google]
1491122070533.png
168KB, 410x409px
>an actual diverse cast that's not shoved down your throat
>theme by devo

was rocket power ahead of it's time?
>>
It was a shallow product of its time, and as soon as its time passed, it didn't hold up because it lacked any substance.
>>
>>93566278
>outdated
No, Rocket Power first came out when extreme sports was still cool. That stuff didn't really die off in pop culture until after 2001.
>>
Klasky csupo
>>
>>93566486
>three white kids and a puerto rican
>diverse
>>
File: tito.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
tito.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
Listen, man, I got the sand in the potato salad this time!
>>
>>93565596
As a kid who grew up in the Southern California beachside town where extreme sports were on the rise, here's my issues in no particular order
>cringed coporate "hip kid speak"
>ugly art style
>Squid making a perpetual motion machine but still losing the sand castle contest
Honestly off the top of my head those are the only things I remember poorly. Beyond that I remember it as an okay cartoon that I'd keep on because it wasn't bad.

Also was responsible for me using dude in my young tweens till it became okay again my twenties.
>>
File: IMG_1578.jpg (193KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1578.jpg
193KB, 1280x720px
It's a product of its time. The show was basically made to cater to kids who loved Tony Hawk, wore heelys, and skateboarded once or twice in their lives.
>>
File: Tito DLC announced for Arms.png (474KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Tito DLC announced for Arms.png
474KB, 1280x720px
Remember the episode when Tito got busted for selling fake golden tickets to Heaven?
>>
>>93566721
>Squid making a perpetual motion machine but still losing the sand castle contest
weak

also i live one block from the beach in superior NorCal and the show was sick

not sure why anybody would dislike it it was my favorite show at the time

not sure why i never thought about it again i kept surfing and skating even until now
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.