[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At this point, the only reason for the Simpsons to still be on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 2

At this point, the only reason for the Simpsons to still be on the air seems to be a contest to see how much longer her vocal cords can last. And judging by the last couple of seasons, the end is approaching fast.
>>
>>93562053
I just want it to die already
It had it's time, and it was great for a while, but Fox needs to just move on
Give it rest already
>>
>>93562103
Bart should be pushing 40 right now. I'd love to see a long running western cartoon where characters age as they would irl
>>
>>93562053
I get the feeling they only keep it running to see if it can be the longest-running TV show.
>>
>>93562362
But the Simpsons always has that title in the US.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest-running_scripted_U.S._primetime_television_series
>>
>>93562053
i think they all just got notes telling them to sound more like they did originally

this shit didn't really settle until after that Treehouse with the ghosts of the Tracey Ullmann Simpsons
>>
>>93562053

Does Yeardly Smith make less than the rest of the cast cuz she only voices one character?
>>
>>93562517
No, they all got paid the same regardless of how many characters they do. It became that way after some VA strike, and the eps got really Lisa-heavy as a result
>>
>>93562284

Adventure Time.
>>
A soon as a main character VA dies we'll know what the fate of the show is. If they end it, then that's it. If they re-cast then the show will never end since it'll show everyone that even the main characters can be re-casted...

The fact that they were planning on re-casting Mr. burns shows that even if homer's voice actor died, the show could continue.
>>
>>93562832
Recasting Mr. Burns was just Al Jean trying to outjew Shearer, and failed. But any main character death will end this (Hartman's death almost killed Futurama, he was slated to be Zapp Brannigan. It was only because West was famous for voicing a cartoon duo he was given the room to fill out so much of the cast)
>>
How much has Matt bothered with the Simpsons since Futurama was made?
>>
>>93562911
I assume he has direct deposit, so none, really.
>>
>>93562832
Hasn't the writing team's stance always been that if a VA dies, the character gets retired?
>>
>>93562418
IDK, I've seen video of Dan Castallaneta doing the "Fwasty Chawcawate Miwkshake" voice at cons and he just can't sound quite the same as he did when he was 30.
>>
>>93563113
You know what he means, seasons 4-6 Homer.
>>
>>93563009
sure, but you can't retire one of the main cast, unless its maybe fucking lisa
>>
>>93563009

I'm sure Fox will gladly hire more compliant writers if that happens.
>>
>>93563009
Retiring Bart or Lisa would pretty much ruin the show.

But it cannot survive without Dan Castellaneta, episodes are always Homer-centric and he does half the side characters
>>
>>93563231
It's true, look at how much any non-episode property suffers from no Shearer.
>>
>>93563231
Retire Lisa, age-up Maggie

Nobody will care, the octuplets are now older than Maggie and nobody bats an eye
>>
>>93563113
>the "Fwasty Chawcawate Miwkshake" voice
He literally only said it in one short out of 48.
One.
Fucking.
Short.
>>
>>93563326
And it's the most famous one from those shorts
>>
>>93562756
Finn will be 19 when the show ends next year.
>>
>>93562103
>Fox needs to just move on
That would be fatal to them. It may not be the behemoth it was years ago, but it's still doing far better than anything they've tried since. Fox has had a series of failures on Sunday nights. They've done a ton of both live action and cartoon shows, and they keep failing to make it past a season. Which is a shame, since I actually enjoyed most of those shows enough to watch them.
>>
>>93563326
Eh? Dan used that voice until early in Season 2.
>>93563562
>That would be fatal to them. It may not be the behemoth it was years ago, but it's still doing far better than anything they've tried since.
I don't think so. The show's ratings are about 10% of what they were in Season 5. I personally know of no one who still watches the Simpsons and many people I talk to are surprised to learn that it's still even on the air.
>>
>>93562745
Yeh they used to have it that the cast got paid according to how much work they did per episode, then the renegotiated contracts gave them a flat fee per episode, however Fox stupidly forgot that Yeardley Smith was going to be paid a king's ransom for voicing one character.
>>
>>93562756
Does Finn or anyone else look different besides basic shit like a new haircut/different outfit?
>>
>>93563995
Why does Yeardley only voice one character in a show where the rest of the main cast voices at least half a dozen characters? Can she only do one voice?
>>
>>93563919
Think about this, if it's such a failure now, everything Fox has tried since that can't even make it to that level must be an even huger failure. Fox doesn't really have an option. Simpsons may be less popular than it was, but it's still more popular than everything else they have. If they kill it, they give up on Sundays. Whatever they replace it with will just piss people off.

>>93564075
It's pretty much just her real voice. Watching her in anything else is pretty funny because of it.
>>
>>93562053
The whole entire cast has this issue, they don't emote as well as before and they all sound raspier and tired.
>>
>>93564075
Because as her character, she Is no genius, she is just more skilled than the average joe.
>>
>>93562053
Pretty sad that the show won't get a proper finale since they won't consider ending the show until after a main VA dies
>>
>>93563919

If it's still making money it'll live. Still gets crossovers, still has video games being made, the Trump internet shorts still make the news, wouldn't surprise me in the least if The Simpsons is still the most profitable thing Fox has airing right now, if not from straight up ad revenue from syndication and merchandising. Probably have the show's budget down to a science at this point. The voice actors are probably going to see more pay cuts in the future though, at least from individual episodes as opposed to money from reruns and internet shit...
>>
>>93564209
>the Trump internet shorts still make the news
Hell, the "Simpsons predicted Trump 15 years ago with a short that came out in 2016!" still makes it around.
>>
>>93563919

Who DOES watch the new episodes of The Simpsons?
>>
>>93562284
I still think Baby Blues tried to do this since Zoe was an infant at the start of the show.

But since no one gave a shit about the show except me, we'll never know
>>
>>93564512
I do, some of my friends watch it streaming. It's gotten a lot better recently, but I don't think it's possible to please the people who hate anything after season 9.

>>93564566
>Baby Blues
Didn't know they made a show of that strip. Says there's a whole season that never aired. Is that just lost totally?
>>
File: IMG_2876.jpg (119KB, 1058x705px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2876.jpg
119KB, 1058x705px
>>93562383
>>
>>93562383
Not much longer until they pass Gunsmoke for # of episodes then.
>>
>>93563009
Not always. Lunchlady Doris was eventually recast after her VA died.
>>
>>93564796
She technically was replaced with an identical character named Lunchlady Dora. I expect the same to keep happening. Watch out for Gomer, Bret, Margo, Liz, and Miggy Sampson, our favorite TV family for the year 2046!
>>
>>93564609
>I do, some of my friends watch it streaming. It's gotten a lot better recently, but I don't think it's possible to please the people who hate anything after season 9.
Put your trip back on, Boco.
>>
>>93564962
>no one can like things I don't like
>>
>>93562053
How come Patty and Selma sound OK but Marge is total shit? Higher pitch?
>>
>>93565007
Patty and Selma sound harsh, but they actually aren't--the voices are pretty much "in the chest", which is easy to do and doesn't strain your throat. Julie Kavner was asked on one of the DVD commentaries if those voices hurt her throat and she said no. I mean, P&S don't sound quite the same as they did in Season 6 but they still sound much better than her Marge voice now.

Interestingly, Harry Shearer said that Mr. Burns's voice is quite throat-straining even though it doesn't seem like it would.
>>
>>93563290
wonder if they should have aged up everyone by now anyway.

Like just to highschool age Bart and Lisa....and do that around 2005
>>
>>93563533
and the character is what, 14 now? 15?
>>
>>93565166
Mr. Burns sounds like it has a strong back-of-the-throat component to it.
>>
>the VA's of Homer and Marge for the german dub already died
I grew up with the dub, pretty sad
>>
>>93563562
>and they keep failing to make it past a season
Cheers was at the bottom of the ratings for the first 5 years it aired. FOX refuses to let a show develop a fanbase.
>>
>>93564188
Yeardley doesn't have much vocal range but her ability to emote is god-tier and also her chemistry with Nancy Cartwright, some of those Bart/Lisa exchanges are hilarious.

"There's got to be a way out of this."

"Lisa, chop off my hands."

"What? No. Then who'll chop my hands off?"

"Ok, how about this? You chop my hands off part-way and I'll still have enough strength left to chop yours off."
>>
>>93562383
But Days of our Lives still holds that record. And it still is airing.
>>
>>93564512
People like Boco who have congenital deformities and that Lisa feet fetish guy.
>>
Why do people think Simpsons will stop if major voice actors die? They'll just get a replacement and carry on.
>>
>>93563562
Fox refuse to give more that one season to any show that isn't made by mcfarlane (and even that mexican family show got canceled in one season)
>>
>>93564512
It's gotta be deranged nostalgic 40 year olds who won't let it go. Some of them even post on NoHomers.
>>
>>93563919
>10% of what they were
>implying that a S5 ep rated 100% would equate to nu-Simpsons getting 10% in ratings
Unless you meant 10% lower in which case I agree but that's lowballing. More like 15-20%.
>>
>>93566324
Bob's Burgers is still running.
>>
>>93566282
I guess because they got rid of crabapple when her voice actress died.
>>
Reminder that there have now been more bad seasons of the Simpsons than good ones.
>>
>>93566696
Bob's Burgers was actually a pretty big risk for them, Season 3 and 4 didn't get great numbers despite being in prime time and yet now it's one of the networks more stable shows and makes them millions a year on syndication, I don't know why they haven't learnt from it.
>>
>Tfw in my language version pretty much all the main VA of the Simpson family left
(or died)
>>93562284
Bojack Horseman if I remember correctly even though there aren't still physical differences because only 3 years passed
>>93564512
Them disgusting shit-taste normies
>>
>>93566141
That isn't prime time. And it's one of like the last two soap operas.
>>
>>93562103
Or, you could just stop watching it?
>>
>>93564864
Also, Fat Tony was replaced by Fit Tony, who quickly gained weight.
>>
>>93566141
>Check the show on Wikipedia to see how long it's been airing.
>over thirteen thousand episodes.

How?
>>
Next Simpsons gimmick is making an episode with soundbites and clips already from previous episodes. They'll do that for 60 more seasons.

Let's say Marge was killed instead of Maude, how different would the dynamic be affected? I think Homer would've gotten into more crazier plots but I don't think anyone would want to see a semi-retarded lazy single father trying to make it in middle America.
>>
>>93564609
>Didn't know they made a show of that strip. Says there's a whole season that never aired. Is that just lost totally?
I believe they eventually aired those that were already animated separately from the initial package, But there was a few that went unmade IIRC.
>>
>>93562053
Is she a smoker in real life? Has she always naturally sounded that gravelly or was it always just part of her performance that she put on?
>>
>>93571994
Same voice actor, though. It was just a joke. Joe Mantegna would be hard to replace.
>>
>>93565166
am i crazy for wanting the simpsons dvds just for the commentary tracks
>>
>>93575842
No, they're usually interesting.
>>
>>93572006
I have no idea. It just fucking exists. My mom used to watch it when I was a kid two decades ago and I saw it on the break room at work the other day, with almost all the same characters, talking about the plot lines they always have. It's just some fucking eternal program.
>>
>>93564025
Finn actually has gotten noticeably taller and his character is actually written way more seriously than his algebraic shouting younger self. It was mostly just to explain the VA's changing voice and none of the other characters other than Jake's kids have had any reason to age up.
>>
>>93564188
Is she single?
>>
>>93576899
Married twice, divorced twice.
>>
>>93562053
>They'll Never Stop The Simpsons!
>Have no fears, we've got stories for years...
>>
>>93579547
> MARGE BECOMES A ROBOT.

Do you think they'll automate Marge's voice? Surely they have a large enough vocabulary from all the stuff they've made from the simpsons to make new stuff with old recordings.
>>
>>93579547
>marge becomes a robot
>voice actor issue is solved
>>
>>93579596
Definitely possible. The technology pretty much already exists.
>>
>>93565230
I think they paused Finn's age at 16 a few years ago.
>>
>>93565329
All the Latin American voices that were around ever since S1 were changed in the mid '00s. If anyone cares about the episodes post 2000, pretty sure no one except blind fans in Latin America care for the episodes with their newer voices.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.