[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is there anything else coming out later this year that will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 14

File: 411515.jpg (27KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
411515.jpg
27KB, 250x250px
So is there anything else coming out later this year that will top Samurai Jack as "most disappointing" in 2017?
>>
>>93556667
S3 of SvtFoe?
>>
>>93556667
Young Justice S3
>>
File: i guess.png (142KB, 427x500px) Image search: [Google]
i guess.png
142KB, 427x500px
>>93556667
Steven Universe Season 5 because White Diamond will suck
>>
>>93556667

Justice League?
>>
MUH FIRST 3 EPISODUSES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Well there's that movie that can possibly be disappointing that's coming out this year.
>>
File: star excited.gif (2MB, 334x446px) Image search: [Google]
star excited.gif
2MB, 334x446px
>>93557109
I'm looking forward to it, but the filler of S2 was really painful.
>>
File: Nadine.jpg (31KB, 526x526px) Image search: [Google]
Nadine.jpg
31KB, 526x526px
>>93556667
The Hey Arnold Jungle movie could be a contender, if they manage to fuck it up somehow.
>>
Castlevania would be a huge disappointment to me, but I don't know how the general expectations are.
If it bomb we may not have non-kid action cartoons for a while.
>>
File: 402.jpg (42KB, 640x980px) Image search: [Google]
402.jpg
42KB, 640x980px
>>93556667
>Samurai Jack S5
In all seriousness I'm betting the Finale of Adventure Time.
>>
considering there really isn't much coming out at all, I'd say no.
>>
why samurai jack? it's only the final season, no more... if you keep the dark feelings, free to see the older seasons...
Yeah, SU in this year will be suck... good, Rebecca Sugar you @!*%
>>
>>93556667
Oh go fuck yourself.

You never would've been satisfied no matter what Genndy did. Stop bitching and be happy you got a finale for a childrens tv show from 13 years ago which did exactly as was advertised.
>>
>>93557726
By the time episode 9 finished, I would have been satisfied with literally any ending that had Aku dead and Jashi alive and well when the credits rolled
>>
File: 0289.jpg (26KB, 332x417px) Image search: [Google]
0289.jpg
26KB, 332x417px
>>93557756
>Jashi alive and well when the credits rolled
>its a waifufag wants his headcanon instead of a proper story episode
>>
>>93557179
Objectively true because the group that wants her to be "ow the edge" and the ones who want some kind of relatable/interesting characterization will be ready to pounce when she's revealed. (Or maybe they'll fail to do either of those things but you get my point)
>>
>>93557511
>Rebecca Sugar you @!*%
>@!*%
>>
>>93557792
I mean truthfully I would have been more okay even if Jack died in his battle, considering he could join his family in the afterlife.
I mostly just really dislike the idea of a character having a completely shit life from the day they were born, and then finding a glimpse of hope that things can improve for them, just to get wiped from time as punishment for saving the world.
>>
>>93557726
I mean, this isn't really a "grumpy /co/" thing. Lots of normies hated the ending too
>>
>>93557873
Almost exclusively because "muh Jashi"

Not all endings are happy.
>>
>>93557873
Even on /co/ it's really fucking split
http://www.strawpoll.me/13257849/
>>
>>93557890
>Having a tragic ending just to spite happy endings as a concept
Above all else, an ending should fit the story. Retconning an entire series after spending multiple episodes dedicated to nostalgiabait does not fit the wacky cartoon show about a samurai in the future.
>>
>>93557949
>Retconning an entire series after spending multiple episodes dedicated to nostalgiabait
Nostalgia is always the hardest before you leave your home forever
>>
>>93557949
THE ENTIRE PREMISE OF THE SHOW WAS UNDOING THE FUTURE THAT IS AKU. That was the goal since day one, since the end of the pilot movie, for 5 seasons.

Its fucking astonishing how dumb you people are.
>>
>>93557726
Yeah i dont see a problem with the ending either

I mean i loved it when gurren lagann did the exact same thing 10 years ago :^)
>>
I don't know how I could have possibly cared enough about Ashi for this ending to work.
>>
>>93558074
You're about 16 years late to pointing out Samurai Jacks obvious influences.

The whole premise of the show is almost word for word Frank Millers Ronin but i dont see bitching about that.
>>
>>93557999
The point of a quest in storytelling isn't to simply "get" the grail/ark/macguffin, it's to set up an adventure.
An adventure where you meet and fight/ally with strange and wonderful people and creatures, travel to exotic and dangerous locations and learn something about yourself in the process; maybe even that the goal of your quest isn't really attainable, but the experience made the whole ordeal worth it.
Obviously there are plenty of examples where the goal is fulfilled, but they don't usually involve undoing the entire adventure, so they don't piss people off.
>>
I liked it. What was good, was really good, and what was bad, wasn't bad enough to ruin my enjoyment. The only points where I felt dissapppointed was Jack regaining the sword rather abruptly (which, to the show's credit they at least tried treating it as a big deal even if it went by too fast for me to really savor it) and the last ten minutes of episode 10, which were a tad too fast for my liking. I still enjoyed the ending and I'm glad Jack got home even if it came with a price.
>>
>>93558189
I understand how storytelling works but imagine the outrage if Jack DIDNT get back to the past.

The whole point, every adventure Jack went on, even at the end, was to get back to the past so he could stop Aku from killing the world. The context of why he went on that adventures makes the conclusion of the story have a certain weight to it that would necessitate meeting the goal otherwise the whole story would be pointless.

Jack staying in the future would have invalidated his adventures more than going to the past ever would.
>>
>>93557331
that's next year
>>
>>93558189
But Jack did meet those people, did expand his horizons, did learn about himself and did come to terms with his goal being out of reach. In the end, he did manage to obtain it, but that was something he didn't foresee at all.
>>
Why was Aku so misused? Why is there a scene in the middle of the sereis where he slaps some clowns and kills the Scotsman? Why wasn't that saved until the very end as the only time in the mini-series that Aku gets serious and a sense of threat comes crashing back after him being silly the whole time? After things go "up" when all these people come to Jack's aid, it should have plummeted "down" by having Aku kill EVERYONE to remind us of the magnitude of his evil. Instead the Spartans and Scots' daughter survived...and do nothing.
>>
>>93557872
>NIER
>>
>>93556667
Your birthday
>>
>>93558278
>it should have plummeted "down" by having Aku kill EVERYONE to remind us of the magnitude of his evil.
Thats exactly what happened?

The only one clearly shown not being killed was Scotsman because he was already dead.
>>
>>93558248
>Jack staying in the future would have invalidated his adventures more than going to the past ever would.
imo, staying in an Aku-less future and making the best of it is just as hopeful an ending as him being stuck in the past. Only difference is the world is destroyed, but all the character we met throughout the series get to live and the hope still exists that Aku missed a portal somewhere.
>>
>>93558308
No, the Spartans just raised their shields and the Scotsman's daughters were protected by his ghost magic shit.
>>
>>93557216
There needs to be expectations for something tobe disappointing, anon.
>>93557999
Its not about the destination, retard, its about the journey, and the journey to that undoing was disappointing.
>>
>>93556667
Not /co/, but Code Geass season 3 for very similar reasons
>>
>>93557260
Is it the same movie with a trailer that spoils like 3/4's of what's going to happen, features an overrated musician in a minor part, and Liev Schreiber is the villain?
>>
File: archervillage.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
archervillage.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>93558248
Did you ever consider that "getting back to the past" could be attained in a metaphorical sense?
After killing Aku, the world absolutely could have recovered and rebuilt it's lost beauties with or without Jacks assistance.
Jack could have even rebuilt his own village to its former glory and beyond due to the technological advancements.
And just to throw you a bone if you absolutely MUST have Jack go back to the past or you won't be satisfied; Multiverse is not a hard concept to work with, just kill Aku in the future, say goodbye to everyone, and then choose (emphasis on choose, because all the weight of the consequences were lost because it wasn't a conscious sacrifice that was made) to go back, Ashi doesn't disappear, and someone makes an offhand comment that it's likely due to different timelines.
>>
>>93558433
>Its not about the destination, retard, its about the journey, and the journey to that undoing was disappointing.

See: >>93558248
>>
>>93557290
I still don't believe anybody actually cared about that in the first place.
>>
>>93558465
Thats stupid.
>>
>>93558497
Excellent point, you sure showed me.
>>
Is "actions that follow" anon in this thread? and has there been a new chapter during the breaks in Ashi threads?
>>
>>93558512
"Getting back to the past in a metaphorical sense" is doughy and fine until you start thinking about the story and the narrative implications of not undoing it.
>>
File: white diamond.jpg (77KB, 1280x576px) Image search: [Google]
white diamond.jpg
77KB, 1280x576px
>>93557179
>>93557848
ill be fine if shes some weirdo with a lot of power who doesnt care about anything.
Honestly ive learned to not theorize a lot for the show so im not dissapointed when the reveals happen.
>>
>>93558437
I don't see how.
It's not like Code Geass have a conflict waiting years to be resolved, just to become a minor part of the plot in favor of a new character no one asked for.
>>
>>93558590
>It's not like Code Geass have a conflict waiting years to be resolved, just to become a minor part of the plot in favor of a new character no one asked for.

You're delusional.

You're outright fucking delusional if thats somehow how you viewed the final Samurai Jack season.
>>
>>93558465
You're free to interpret it in a metaphorical way; it's a pretty valid interpretation. But we got what we got. Besides, I keep having trouble imagining the world going back to how it was thousands of years ago after millenniums of oppression. This kind of destruction is irreparable, if you want my opinion.
>>
>>93558465
>emphasis on choose, because all the weight of the consequences were lost because it wasn't a conscious sacrifice that was made
I disagree on this one. I think Ashi was aware of what would happen if she decided to send Jack back to the past, but she did it anyway because she felt her life was worth less than Jack's happiness.
>>
>>93558616
>if thats somehow how you viewed the final Samurai Jack season.
And the episodes 4 to 9 too.
>>
>>93558248
>>93558465
>>93558618
All that crap woul've been fixed by just making an epilogue where every major supporting characters is shown existing in a future without Aku, that way you get your going back to the past but the future at least meant something instead of a TTGL ripoff, but alas, Genndy is a bad writer.
>>
>>93558618
Did you not see the scene in the picture I sent?
It was one of many scenes in the show that demonstrate a place that has natural beauty, as well as people willing to keep it beautiful if free from Akus constant presence pushing it back down.
>>93558637
>Is literally someone that makes Jack happier than he has ever been
>would choose to remove herself from existence for the sake of his happiness.
Also I disagree that she had any inclination of what would happen, she wouldn't have gone through the wedding(a ceremony of your future with someone) if she knew she was about to die.
>>
>>93558684
>Genndy is a bad writer.
Says you.
I personally prefer the ambiguity more than a straight answer, at least in this situation. Jack looking at the future with hope, expecting everything to turn out alright despite the suffering he's gone through, specially after losing the one person who pulled him out of depression and apathy strikes a very powerful chord for me, and I think it was a solid conclussion. Now I won't say that an epilogue like the one you describe would have been bad; all the contrary, it could have been a pretty neat and nice way to end the series. Still, I like the ending we got.
>>
>>93556667
oh fuck off. i see people bitching all the fucking time but not once have i seen a single person here or elsewhere provide an ending that was actually better and more coherent than what we got.

it's either waifu shitters who can't deal with Jashi not being endgame (for long) or people who complain he didn't stay in the future. well, just a reminder that the friends Jack made in the future were either dead, dying, or corrupted by aku's evil. so even if he stayed most of them would be gone, not to mention that even without aku there is plenty of evil assholes and cults to go around.

>but Gurren Lagan did the same thing years ago!

big fucking deal. if you honestly think it was the first one to do any of what it did you're a deluded idiot, possible exception being a galaxy-sized mech, which was retarded.
>>
>>93558761
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoiVETkVvnQ&ab_channel=SofiaPuerto
>>
>>93558728
>It was one of many scenes in the show that demonstrate a place that has natural beauty, as well as people willing to keep it beautiful if free from Akus constant presence pushing it back down.
Yeah, and after the Huns torn through the Roman empire there were still forests and beautiful valleys left. One nice plance doesn't change the fact that the entire world is a shithole, specially with the fact that Aku does like preserving bastions of hope so people can be aware of what he's taken from there.
Also I disagree that she had any inclination of what would happen, she wouldn't have gone through the wedding(a ceremony of your future with someone) if she knew she was about to die.
Here goes a bit of character interpretation, but I feel Ashi wanted to keep the facade for as long as possible. She didn't know when she'd die even if she knew it'd eventually happen, but she wanted to keep Jack in the dark so their last days together would be happy ones instead of miserably waiting for the end. Also, the whole " I want to die as your wife" has happened before in fiction and real life as well.
>>
File: 1286773920435.jpg (46KB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
1286773920435.jpg
46KB, 624x352px
>>93558497
Faggot how about you actually explore space and time travel instead of sucking dick maybe you can understand he had to go back to past because the future wasn't going to be fixed after his death if he stayed in the future, to much damage was done.
>>
I'm not a Jashifag, sure I liked Ashi but had she been killed off horribly in finale I wouldn't have hated it if it was done well. Jack undoing the future and in the process undoing the entire show was what ruined the show, all that time spent helping people rendered utterly pointless. What the fuck was the point of him helping the monks if they were dead anyway? What was the point of anything?
>>
>>93558822
Did you quote the wrong person?
>>
>>93558823
>What the fuck was the point of him helping the monks if they were dead anyway?
Jack is a flawed character. He's fucked himself over for being too good as many times as Aku has fucked himself over for being too evil. It's in his nature to sacrifice himself for others even when it doesn't make sense.
>>
File: 1402317968952.png (92KB, 293x282px) Image search: [Google]
1402317968952.png
92KB, 293x282px
>People bitch about the ending
>When the series nosedived halfway in.

You could tell which way the wind was blowing by that god awful (but visually stunning) episode in the belly of the beast.
>>
>>93558684
>All that crap woul've been fixed by just making an epilogue where every major supporting characters is shown existing in a future without Aku

do you really need an epilogue for that? if you look at jack's friends and co many of them share similarities with people from the past such as Jack's mentors. it's only logical to conclude that except for any who were directly created by Aku, the peacuful tribes and creatures of the future will come to be eventually, even if they're not exactly the same.
besides, even if they aren't because the exact circumstances for their creation aren't met without Aku, i believe even they would prefer the people of the future to be born in a peaceful era without having to go through years of slavery and oppression to finally get a glimpse of peace.

seriously, i hope this isn't something that made people on the finale.
>>
>>93558882
But the ending its made all the more baffling by episodes like that 20 minute episode about remembering old friends jack made in his travels or ghost scottsman being around he literally talked to Jack once.
It's not far fetched to think that putting so much emphasis in all those characters would be because they would mean something in the end, but they didn't
>>
>>93558684
Genndy would've been a bad writer if we had that epilogue. The point of the ending is that Jack doesn't know what his actions will lead to, and neither does the viewer.
>>
>>93558882
That episode wasn't any worse than E1-3. I haven't heard a single legit criticism for it.
>>
>>93558937
>putting so much emphasis in all those characters would be because they would mean something in the end, but they didn't
Did you skip the entire last episode?
>>
>>93558945
>10 episodes to wrap up the series
>Waste time on throwbacks and pointless subplots like scaramouche
How can you seriously think Genddy is a good write with all that crap?
>>
>>93558983
>>10 episodes to wrap up the series
>which he did
>>
>>93558937
But they do mean something in the end. They are the people Jack saved when he didn't have to because he believed it was the right thing to do. And all those characters come to save Jack even if it would lead to their deaths despite them not having to. They had all found relatively peaceful lives outside of Aku's sight and they risked it all by going there to help Jack; whether Aku or Jack won they'd all have died.
>>
>>93558823
>what was the point of anything?
to kill aku and rid the world, and the future of his evil (even if it isn't the same future Jack was sent to) , which is exactly what the show did.

it seems you're under the impression Jack somehow went around helping people for some reason other than it being in his nature. he helped people in need because that's who he is, it's what he does and it's part of his code of honor. but his objective was always to go back and finish off Aku. he never hesitated to try and leave whenever the option presented itself, even if it meant leaving all those people he helped behind, or if killing Aku in the past would change the future.

and it's funny, you want him to stay in the future because otherwise him helping people would be undone, but the family and friends he was forced to leave behind and who suffered horribly before dying under Aku's reign don't matter at all.
>>
>>93558804
>One nice plance doesn't change the fact that the entire world is a shithole
The point I am trying to get across is that the world wouldn't continue be a shithole if Aku was taken out of the picture, It's his government and simple existence that perpetuates the misery he created. Even then, there are plenty of people who are able to forge a new hope thanks to the actions of Jack.
>The three archers built up an entire beautiful mountain village after being freed
>the ravers are enjoying their constant party in their kingdom
>the Triseriquins still have their underwater society which is only kept underwater because Aku personally would just push them back down
>Scotsman has a massive clan, he himself sired 30 daughters and his clansmen could have very well done the same
The entire reason Ashi was able to convince Jack not to kill himself is because the world isn't completely fucked and has a chance to regrow.
>>
>>93558999
So in your mind he's a good write because he actually ended the series?
Finishing deadlines is your barometer for good writing?
>>
>>93559019
>but the family and friends he was forced to leave behind and who suffered horribly before dying under Aku's reign don't matter at all.
Multiple "heavens" are canon, one of which his folks are confirmed to be chilling in. However you can't go to heaven if you never existed.
>>
>>93558961
It was forcefully unfunny (haha she really hates him and is going to hurl the same insults over and over again till the end of the episode!), Jack lacks any character outside of being a "good guy" (with a few "troubled" moments sprinkled in that amount to nothing) which is in stark contrast to Jack as a character in the past episodes of the new season and the whole episode to devoted to developing a character that I personally didn't care for at the time and only grew to like less as the season went on.
>>
>>93559032
After the fall of a powerful tyrant the world always goes into chaos if there isn't an immediate government to take place. And seeing how Aku's government was absolute, we're gonna have a shit ton of factions fighting for the throne. Don't expect stability any time soon.
Also, most of the characters you've enumerated were dead by the end of the confrontation.
The world's best hope at rebuilding died with Aku.
>>
>>93557224
It's a valid and reasonable complaint, you know.
>>
>>93559062
>It was forcefully unfunny (haha she really hates him and is going to hurl the same insults over and over again till the end of the episode!),
It wasn't even the focus.
>Jack lacks any character outside of being a "good guy" (with a few "troubled" moments sprinkled in that amount to nothing) which is in stark contrast to Jack as a character in the past episodes of the new season
He's trying to get out of a deadly situation, and having another person stuck with him motivates him to keep finding a way out instead of just letting himself die.
>and the whole episode to devoted to developing a character that I personally didn't care for at the time and only grew to like less as the season went on.
All development has to start somewhere.
>>
>>93558999
By that logic the entirety of the season could be a 10 sec clip saying "and then Jack found a portal, the end" and he would still be a good writer? Wrapping up the series is fucking meaningless if it isn't properly which it wasn't. It's not doing it that matters, it's doing it properly.

In retrospective maybe it was better if we didn't know how it ended, the mystery was a part of the series and a weird sort of cult status cultivator that few took into account.
>>
>>93559045
No, but dont bring it up like he didnt end the series.
>>
>>93559062
>Jack lacks any character outside of being a "good guy"
So, like always?
If you're going to bring up his qualities from episode 1 to 3, those are all still there in episode 4, so don't bother.
>>
>>93558882
Episode 4-9, while not of high quality, at least didn't retcon everyones favorite episodes.
except birth of evil and two or three others
>>
>>93559111
Not entirely, at the very least because E4 wasn't worse than the previous ones. Plus being dark and gritty for the entire season would be unfaithful to SJ's spirit.
>>
>>93559140
Is that the fucking standard the new season should be held to? "W-well at least it didn't rape the previous seasons!!!!"

What a bizarre fucking concept.
>>
>>93559140
>except birth of evil and two or three others
How did it do that? I honestly don't remember that.
>>
>>93559146
I wouldn't have minded a darker and grittier take on Samurai Jack. Same style as the old episodes, except throwing less robots into the action.
Despite liking the season as it is, I think I might have enjoyed it more if it was kept in the original four's format of one shot stories until we got to the last two episodes and make the ending a two parter.
>>
>>93559107
Aku didn't personally run his government, he just gave a general mandate and set it up to basically run itself(hence the lack of collapse when Aku became a recluse who didn't talk to anyone for up to 50 years). the only reason the higher ups follow Aku would be out of fear, and if the two most powerful warriors on the planet killed aku and set a new mandate, I highly doubt anyone would be against it.
>Also, most of the characters you've enumerated were dead by the end of the confrontation.
considering I'm talking about an alternate finale, and that event happened in the finale, it's not really a valid counterargument.
>>
>>93559179
It's not a standard, its a response to the question;
>why are people pissed about the ending when the 6 prior episodes were also bad
>>93559220
I'm saying that birth of evil and any episodes that took place in the past were safe from the retcon
>>
>>93559059
>However you can't go to heaven if you never existed.

how the fuck would you know? and them being in heaven doesn't mean Jack doesn't miss them so much he gets nightmares every fucking night.

and again, first off, there's no way to know if the people from the future won't eventually come into reality and if you compare the outcomes, what Jack did was a net positive.

you gotta remember that it's : "saving a mostly peaceful world from an ancient evil and have it keep being peaceful and beautiful" vs "saving a land destroyed and plunged in chaos and violence for ages and then haviing to rebuild it from scratch after eliminating the remnants of the former evil tyrant."

i believe Jack's friends from the future would prefer the former, even at the cost of their lives.
>>
>>93559294
>I'm saying that birth of evil and any episodes that took place in the past were safe from the retcon
Oh, sorry. I misunderstood you.
>>
>>93559146
>Plus being dark and gritty for the entire season would be unfaithful to SJ's spirit.
What the fuck does this even? Were the first 3 episodes somehow not faithful? Why? How? Why would it matter? What the fuck is the SJ spirit when every episode in the original series (if you've watched the documentary) was a bunch of dudes thinking up of cool set pieces and visuals and making episodes around them?

If that is the "spirit" then this season failed miserably at it.
>>
>>93559357
>what is finding balance between seriousness and humour
>>
>>93559264
The government didn't collapse because despite Aku's inaction his presence was still there. His name as as mighty as his own powers. Also, despite Jack's reputation people have kept trying to kill him relentlessly; they just never learn.
>considering I'm talking about an alternate finale, and that event happened in the finale, it's not really a valid counterargument.
You just said that in your scenario Jack killed Aku in their final confrontation instead of being flung to the past. Before Jack was sent back Aku had already killed everyone, so I assumed the only change you introduced to the setting was that Ashi never sent Jack back. If that's not what you had in mind, I apologize for the misunderstanding.
>>
>>93559371
>>>what is finding balance between seriousness and humour
A thing the first 3 episodes already had? Or is Scaramouch a serious character in your eyes?

Jesus christ the mental gymnastics of some of the retards here are Olympic tier.
>>
>>93556667
Nah I don't think anything else has the level of hype or expectations behind it.

Not only was Jack s5 supposed to bring years of closure, but the first few episodes were masterful and made you think we were really going to be treated to something great...and then they added Poochie
>>
>>93559421
>The government didn't collapse because despite Aku's inaction his presence was still there.
I agree, although I am using that as evidence that he doesn't do anything logistically/technically/economically to keep it running, and that people wouldn't really fight the concept of changing policies and having basically the same job as before if Jack/ashi and the scotsman clan walked in and laid down the law
>despite Jack's reputation people have kept trying to kill him relentlessly; they just never learn.
Aku had a MASSIVE bounty on Jacks head, which possibly included being owed a favor(which may or may not be held up by him) by the most powerful being in existence. If no one is offering to pay anymore, then why go after him?
>You just said that in your scenario Jack killed Aku in their final confrontation instead of being flung to the past. Before Jack was sent back Aku had already killed everyone, so I assumed the only change you introduced to the setting was that Ashi never sent Jack back.
It all happens in the last 10 minutes, and that is the key stuff I take issue with.
>>
>>93559542
One could take from that ending that the gods also ensured that certain genetic lines were kept intact, if they so desired.
>>
>>93556667

considering the fact that you've already been born, i don't think so
>>
>>93558770
>>93558770
>The 50th fan ending where Ashii comes back
It really wouldn't have fixed the ending. I'm more worried about the future than Ashii, or how it affects Jack in the longrun. However, I like how one person said that with Jack happy and looking at the beauty around him as a symbol of a bright future.

>>93559587 was a reply to this.
>>
Jungle Movie is coming out this year right?
>>
>>93559563
>I agree, although I am using that as evidence that he doesn't do anything logistically/technically/economically to keep it running, and that people wouldn't really fight the concept of changing policies and having basically the same job as before if Jack/ashi and the scotsman clan walked in and laid down the law
I still feel lots of those aliens he kept bringing to still chaos and keep civilization down would intermediately try to take over. And sadly the violent thugs thrived in Aku's world, so they are more numerous and in better positions to initiate a take over. Even if they don't win in the long run, there'd be so much fighting that at best it'd be a Pyrrhic victory for good here.
>Aku had a MASSIVE bounty on Jacks head, which possibly included being owed a favor(which may or may not be held up by him) by the most powerful being in existence. If no one is offering to pay anymore, then why go after him?
In this situation they'd be going after him because Jack would be the one trying to keep the peace while these people would want to take over. If you think about it, taking over a planet or country is more profitable than just the bounty.
>>
>>93559445
Scaramouche's upbeat attitude is brought down by the fact that he kills people for a living and enjoys it. Plus E2 and 3 didn't have any humour whatsoever.
>>
>>93559631
True there might be people seeking to undo Jacks peace, but he and his girlfriend are LITERALLY the most dangerous combatants on the planet, each having the ability to singlehandedly demolish entire armies without taking a meaningful hit, and one of whom may or may not (depending if you want akus death to remove his powers from Ashi or not) have the abilities of Aku, and the other having a divine sword.
Add to that being on the good side of half the planets animals and civilizations, and I find it really unlikely that evildoing usurpers would last long.
>>
>>93559720
Well, episode 2 had that intro with Aku if I remember correctly.
>>
>>93559780
Of course they wouldn't last. But they are stubborn and they are many. Get enough of them and they could overwhelm Jack and Ashi. After all, they have their limits. True, we haven't see the extent of Ashi's powers yet, but if we really want the scenario of Jack staying in the future to work I say we'd have to return Ashi to the way she was before Aku unleashed her powers.
>>
>>93559720
Yeah Akus scenes were clearly a dark and dramatic dive into the most fucked up parts of human nature but even disregarding that,once again, what is your point? The original series had swaths of episodes with no comedy in them, or are you going to argue that you busted a gut laughing when watching Jack and the Lava Monster?

A "balance" of comedy and action is not even close to what made Jack Jack nor was it even a consideration when planing out an episode or season, to go as far to say that somehow that is the ""core"" of the series is beyond the known spectrum of mental retardation.
>>
>>93559793
Yes, Aku's intro was probably the only legit humourous scene in these.
>>
>>93559841
>A "balance" of comedy and action is not even close to what made Jack Jack
Was it edginess then? Because the only episodes I'd say are significantly weaker than the first three are 5, 7 and 8 because of filler and pacing problems.
>>
>>93559881
Not really related to comedy. They just have too much going on in them. However, I only see these problems in episode 5 (specially 5) and 7 (only the last few minutes). Episode 8 was well paced. They took their time laying down the plot and executing it.
>>
>>93559829
>After all, they have their limits
It's not just them though, they have countless allies worldwide who would gladly lay down their lives for him out of loyalty and friendship.
Even the damned bounty hunters that he ripped new assholes of(literally in one case) show respect towards him.
If some remnant force of Akus tried to take Jack out, they would have to go through practically the whole world to get to him and Ashi, who as mentioned before are the most dangerous warriors ever to live.
>>
Seikaisuru Kado has already beaten Samurai Jack in disappointment.
>>
>>93560013
They're allies are scarce and far in between, once again recounting how most of them perished in the battle against Aku.
>>
>>93560078
their*
>>
>>93560078
I thought I already established that I'm running on the assumption that the entire final battle plays out differently.
Even if it doesn't we still have a lot of unaccounted for members of the societies that took part in the battle.

Side note, you do realize that I'm only jumping through hoops like this because I think it was a shitty end to kill off Ashi, right?
Like I would be cool with ANY outcome that left her and jack alive with aku dead.
>>
>>93560331
I don't mind Ashi dying that much. After all, she carried Aku's essence within her; her death could be seen coming from a mile away. They could have executed it a little bit better; if Genndy hadn't gone for the anime reference (hell, we keep assuming he was a fan but he might have thought it up on his own, who knows) and had just let Ashi die right after coming home I would have been happies.
>>
>>93560435
>After all, she carried Aku's essence within her; her death could be seen coming from a mile away
considering the only other characters who are good hearted demon spawn that I can think of right now are Hellboy and Raven, and they get to have a chance at a normalish life, I really didn't see it coming a mile away.

And if you're just cool with her dying, that's your prerogative. I feel though, that its a needlessly cruel ending to Jack and especially Ashi to kill her off in the epilogue with the same effect as a character getting hit by a drunk driver.
There was no weight or preparation for either of them in making that choice, so it comes across as less of a heartfelt sacrifice, and more of a needlessly tragic punishment.
>>
File: SJ Mysterious.png (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
SJ Mysterious.png
1MB, 1920x1200px
>>93556667
So who was this supposed to be?

We never found out, right?
>>
>>93561073
Nope, add it to the list
>>
>>93557290

It doesn't matter how bad it'll be, just as long as Arnold finds his parents and hooks up with Helga, you'll all love it
>>
File: Brak to the past.png (798KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Brak to the past.png
798KB, 1920x1080px
>>93561073
Ashii killed an army of Space Ghosts.
>>
>>93557130
Probably won't come out this year. Elaborate why you think so?
>>
>>93558259
And then he erased them all from existance.
>>
>>93563002
F
>>
>>93558559
Bumping this question
>>
>Snyder/Whedon frankenstein's monster
JUSTice League.

Even more so with WW actually being good.
>>
File: 17579435359.png (429KB, 542x612px) Image search: [Google]
17579435359.png
429KB, 542x612px
>>93557331
>>
>>93556667
Horses probably. there's no way they can satisfy everyone in a single movie, the first one to boot in unfamiliar territory too.
>>93557179
This too, is bound for dissapointment.
Thread posts: 131
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.