[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>lost Superboy and Power Girl >gained a Superwoman, Chinese

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

File: RCO021[1].jpg (611KB, 1041x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RCO021[1].jpg
611KB, 1041x1600px
>lost Superboy and Power Girl
>gained a Superwoman, Chinese Superman and "heroic" Lex
>krypto and a new Superboy waiting to join the battle
Can this be the new Super Family ? Do you think it will last ?
>>
>>93555179
Is Lex seriously a hero now or is it just part of another one of his master plans?
>>
>>93555197
the men of steel arc says that in the future lex will revert to being bad again due to some upcoming event (most likely that upcoming the oz effect arc), however as it stands right now he is genuinely a hero (although still an asshole)
>>
>>93555274
Still hoping that the evil Lex from the vision is the pre-52 Lex that will serve as a Superman villain along with Ultra Woman while this Lex stays good.

Although with that idiotic explanation and fusing of Superbro and Superdad I doubt it will happen.
>>
>>93555274
Thanks anon. I might have to pick up some trades just so I know what the fuck is going on. That Superchick in the back looks badass. Kind of like the old red/blue supermen from the 90s.
>>
>>93555320
Imagine two competing LexCorps, one ran by Lawful Evil Lex and the other by Lawful Neutral Lex, sometimes entering business ventures together other times running corporate espionage campaigns against each other, leaving Superman in a constant paranoid state about the intentions of both.
>>
>>93555320
I would love this because then we can also have lex and lex as arch enemies.
>>
>>93555407
Well how would they play off they two looking exactly the same? Both would be publicly traded companies with each Lex making public speeches, going to various fund raisers and the like. How would they play that off? Have one suddenly grow their hair back?
>>
>>93555179
I unironically love super lex.
>>
>>93555179
Power Girl will be back. DC is teasing the return of classic JSA. Power Girl is a shoe-in to appear there.
>>
>>93555179
>Chinese Superman
Alright, that's pretty original
>>
>>93555340
>That Superchick in the back looks badass.
That's Lana Lang. She got her powers from Superman when he "died" by disintegrating in an explosion of energy. Her solo book isn't anything to write home about though. It's pretty slow-paced and not much happens after the first issue.
>>
>>93555340
that's lana who's getting blacked by steel
>>
>>93555179
I would very much like to have Power Girl and Superboy back.
And for the Supergirl and Superwoman books to not suck ass.
>>
>>93555179
Really glad that Kenan is appearing in other books. Hopefully his book lasts and he actually stays around the DCU and actually matters. So far his appearances in other books and the appearances of the main superman characters in his book have been handled pretty damn well.
>>
>>93555452
Maybe keep one looking a bit older than the other? Or maybe ditch the dual LexCorp idea and have one a full time villain while the other deals with the fallout of his counterpart's actions and struggle to stay on a more righteous path as the public begins to doubt his intentions.
>>
>tfw no Mon-El anywhere to be seen
And yes, Lar's direct association with the Super Family has been lessened over time, but still.
>>
>>93555523
>Her solo book
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Really? Wow. Nice.
>>
File: Wiki-background[1].png (80KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Wiki-background[1].png
80KB, 256x256px
>>93555448
>>93555407
>Lex vs Lex
>JLI humor levels
>>
>>93555523
>Nothing much happens after the first issue.

Did we read the same book? Lex's secret sister wakes up from a coma, gets a cyborg body, proceeds to btfo everyone, paralyze lex, and take over all of metropolis.

I'l give you it wasn't super spectacular, but it held up to Rebirth's general level of comfy quality that makes most everything of theirs fun to read and even come back too.
>>
File: siri pg.jpg (47KB, 600x545px) Image search: [Google]
siri pg.jpg
47KB, 600x545px
>>93555535
those books aren't that bad.

I do want Peej back though...
>>
>>93555179
Just need Kon and it'd be perfect.
>>
>>93555274
>>93555320
My theory is that New-52 Lex sacrifices himself to save Superman, but is then revived/gets his memories of pre-Flashpoint back. So this hero Lex would get the heroic sendoff he deserves and Clark would know that somewhere deep down there's a good Lex that was his friend.
>>
>>93555179
How did Kenan get there so fast? I know he's unlocked his speed Trigram but still
>>
>>93555479
His book is actually fantastic
>>
>>93555479
His story is China wanted a knock off JL. It's fucking great.
>>
>>93557968

It's like the writer was willing to riff off of racial cliches while moving forward and that inserted a sense of fun which makes it all work in a comic.
>>
Diana is going to be so disappointed when Lex eventually turns heel.
>>
>>93555274
>>93555197
He's a hero for the wrong reasons. He'll revert as soon as the right opportunity comes along. He's Lex Luthor Anon.
>>
>>93555478
Would she still be from Earth-2? Now that its saved and in its own multiverse time stream she could theoretically visit it, the JSA, and Earth-2 Superman.

I want Peej to babysit Jon while Damian keeps trying to steal him away for crime fighting under her watch.
>>
>>93555648
Who do you think was talking to jon in the fortress?
>>
>>93556459

Everyone wants Peej back.
>>
>>93558357
I don't. Boring character. Wanna fap? Go jerk it to 34.
>>
>>93558370
This

Pee-Gee is all tits, 0 character.
>>
>>93558357
I don't. Frankly, I find her to be an annoying asshole.
>>
I really wish Lois would have retained her Superwoman powers. I just don't really like the concept of Lois just being the powerless civilian wife that "reminds Superman of his humanity" or whatever. Just give her powers, have her REALLY join the Super Family with her husband and son, instead of sitting back and watching it happen from the sidelines.

Same with Iris West.
>>
>>93558476

Lois shouldn't be a housewife, I can wholeheartedly agree there. But making her super doesn't work. It's kind of lazy. Every character becomes a thing whooo. She works best as a career minded person balancing home and work. Let Clark play Mister Mom.
>>
>>93558476
>>93558642
I don't know. I sort of like her being human. But that doesn't mean she can't be effective on her own. She knows Torquasm Rao and probably has a few spare Bat-gadgets. I can see her taking an active role in some situations. Just look at the Tomasi run, she kicked a lot of ass in it.

She's about Catwoman level in terms of powers. She could probably help out her son out on missions which would be really cute and really embarrassing for Jon (and Damian would tease him about it mercilessly while secretly feeling sad that Lois is such a great mom while Talia is such a shit mom).

Who would win in a fight between Lois and Talia?
>>
>>93558642
>Every character becomes a thing whooo.
But that's honestly what I want. I want Lois to be a Superwoman. I want Iris West to be connected to the Speed Force. I want them to be super and have powers tied to Superman and the Flash. If there are so many Superboys, Supergirls, Supermen, Superwoman, Kid Flashes, Reverse-Flashes, Evil Supermen, etc, why can't Lois and Iris be apart of it?
>>
>>93558821
It's a good idea but I'm still a little hesitant on it being a main-Earth thing.

Lois can still be proactive like with >>93558814

Have her worry about Jon on the Titans and follow them around doing investigative journalism as a cover for watching out for Jon. Give her opportunities to show off her Kryptonian martial arts skills and tommy gun shooting.

It would be a nice arc about Lois learning to accept that Jon is growing up and doing things on his own. Normally you have Superman with the emotional stress that Lois helps him handle. This would be an opportunity to reverse that dynamic. Clark is far more accepting of Jon doing things on his own than Lois who can't help but be a momma bear around her little boy.

Good idea for a story arc?

Also Lois would totally win.
>>
>>93558814
But this is the SUPERFamily, not the BATFamily! Lois shouldn't need to use Bat-level skills and gadgets to be effective. She's Superman's wife, she should just use Superman-esque abilities.
>>
>>93558476
Fuck that. If anything, she should've kept her Brainiac powers. A career reporter, someone for whom journalism is the core of her very soul, with access to a huge database of information, and fully capable of attaining more.

It's Lois Lane coming to you live in the nerve center of Brainiac News Network, bring you the hottest scoops from across the galaxy!
>>
I'm serious. Why can't this be a thing?
>>
>>93555179
Whose the metal dude
>>
>>93558821

Because they're reporters with moral compasses. They're strong and smart and can change the world without that.
>>
>>93558821
Because then Lois becomes Wonder Woman.
>>
>>93558284
>Now that its saved and in its own multiverse time stream she could theoretically visit it, the JSA, and Earth-2 Superman.

Getting to other multiverses seem fairly hard. And they'd probably just pull the same "It's Earth-2, but not really YOUR Earth-2" that they did with the Earth-2 that was created after 52's finale.
>>
Chinese Superman is God Tier comic but I assume it won't last all that long
>>
>>93559133
We can only hope his run is long and that enough people like the character that he gets a few appearances here and there.
>>
>>93559039
Steel.

Cool guy, but i don't quite know how he fits into the latest universal shenanigans.
>>
>>93557931
lex probably boom tubed to them and then again to the north pole
>>
>>93559081
In the Crime Syndicate, the Wonder Woman equivalent is Lois Lane calling herself Superwoman. Which is ALL THE MORE REASON why Lois should just be Superwoman in the main canon. It's almost happened already, but then they had to backpedal out of that. Same with Iris, she once got connected to the Speed Force with a costume and everything, but then Daniel West Reverse-Flash stole her powers.
>>
How do we make Steel work in the age where Cyborg does literally everything?
>>
>>93559849
They do have two pretty different angles. Cyborg is all about software, nanomachines and lasers, whilst Steel is a guy in handmade power armour swinging around a sledgehammer.

It's like if Cyborg were compared to Iron Man then Steel is more like Captain America.
>>
Superwoman sucks though.
>>
File: Forever People Mother Box.jpg (230KB, 640x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Forever People Mother Box.jpg
230KB, 640x1002px
>>93559940
He's got a mother box inside him right?

Has anyone realized that this technically makes him the most powerful member of the league? Has he communicated at all with the mother box?

Or are mother boxes still being written as machines and not sapient bodhisattvas with a direct connection to The Source?
>>
>>93560003
It has a lot of good ideas
Faking us out with the Lois Superwoman in the promotional material only to kill her off in the first issue and make the series about Lana
Giving focus to heroes from Metropolis like Steel, Natasha and Traci 13
Reintroducing Metropolis Science Police and Maggie Sawyer
Following up on what Johns was doing with Lena Luthor since nothing he did made much sense
Rehabilitating Atomic Skull

It just fell apart in the execution
>>
>>93555452
It's easy. One of them wears a wig, and adopts the alias Leo Quintum
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.