[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you think if in the Post-Legacy reboot of Marvel they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2857.jpg (866KB, 1800x2399px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2857.jpg
866KB, 1800x2399px
What would you think if in the Post-Legacy reboot of Marvel they get rid of Slott but they make Peter more like the MCU version?
>>
>>93554224
Yeah right, and after I say yes Kelly Deconnick is on the book for twenty years, I know your tricks
>>
I would still not read Marvel comics so it makes no difference to me what flavor of shit they publish.
>>
>>93554224
What, you mean like deage him? That would be stupid! Would his entire cast also get deaged? Or is the twist that he can't be with Mary Jane or his other past love interests and they bring in a teenage Gwen clone, or Chat, or Anya or New Character Michelle as age-appropriate love interests?
>>
File: 1498836836418.jpg (51KB, 900x356px) Image search: [Google]
1498836836418.jpg
51KB, 900x356px
Make Mine Marvel!
>>
I would like Peter working as a school science teacher, trying to make ends meet, and gets to go home to Mary Jane
>>
>>93554302
>rando
I'm so glad this expression never caught on.
>>
>>93554224
>NBD, just ur new friendly neighborhood...
Jesus, they actually did it.
>>
>>93554224
>30 years old behaving like 16 years old
I'll keep Slott thank you.
>>
>>93554224
>more like the mcu version
they're far more likely to replace him, like they did with cap, tony, hulk and thor
>>
>>93554302
But you loved the Amazing Spider-Man movies right? That's what these emails are for
>>
>>93554302
>Make Mine Marvel!
I still don't know what that means.
>>
>>93554629
The World Outside Your Window!
>>
>>93554469
I want Peter to lose everything and struggle again. Hopefully that will be what legacy does. Do not care who writes it. Rich Peter is a bit boring.
>>
>>93554629
That's the slogan Stan Lee implemented which basically means "I love Marvel. Give me it"
>>
>>93554629
It's so fucking bad, it sounds like something for a beer commercial.
>what will you have?
>make mine marvel!
>>
>>93554284

Marvel is definitely entertaining and wanting to de-age Peter back to a teenager.

Clone Conspiracy was considered as a way to bring back teenage Peter however that was stopped early in its tracks.

Marvel wants Teenage Peter back, but it's not how to get him back as a teenager that's preventing it. It's mostly a heavy amount of office politics that's going on behind the scenes in Marvel and the Spidey section of Marvel that keeps this from happening.

Slott is doing his best to stay on top of the mountain, Bendis wants to have some kind of influence or more control in the Spider-Man offices, and every other Tom, Dick, and Harry have been pushing for a shot at a Spider-Man book.
>>
>>93554349
they did the edm thing with electro too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE7P4YT_OuU
>>
>>93554629
It's like when you're making an order at a restaurant I guess.
>Make mine a (whatever your preference).
The idea is you're confident in that as long as it's under the umbrella of a thing you usually prefer the purchase will pay off regardless of what it is, so blind brand loyalty basically.
>>
>>93554672
>Do not care who writes it.
Really? So if Kate Leth announced tomorrow that she's returning to Marvel to work on Amazing Spider-Man, you'd be fine with it?
>>
>>93554745
I unironically love this scene.
>>
>>93554745
Really could have lived a full life without seeing that, but thanks. Now it's in there. Come the memory flashes before death, Electro EDM just before I go.
>>
>since OMD the Spider-Man I grew up with has been gone

Just fucking kill Parker off and replace him with Miles already. Make my hate for Marvel official.
>>
>>93554645
But Rooney, the world outside my window is shit.
>>
>>93554946
I'm sorry Anon, but those are the only Marvel slogans I know.
>>
>>93554224
I would rather an eternity of Slott (I liked Superior Spider-Man) than any more MCU "synergy".
>>
>>93554736
I don't get why people want teen high school Spidey so much? He starts as a teen but he didn't last that long as a teenager most of his comic life was him as an adult.
>>
File: 1492038281151.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1492038281151.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>93554629
You'll know EXACTLY what it means in November
>>
Dan Slott has said that there's about as much of a chance of Marvel de-aging Spider-Man as there is Marvel reversing OMD. So none at all.
>>
>>93555205
Yeah well we were never going to see 616 and 1610 mergers but here we are.
>>
>>93555247
The 'merger' (if you can even call it that) didn't drastically alter the brand strategy for Marvel's most popular character.
>>
>>93555205
>Believing Dan Slott
>>
>>93554224
This is a fun cover.
Heh.
>>
File: 1497397938778.jpg (24KB, 189x165px) Image search: [Google]
1497397938778.jpg
24KB, 189x165px
>>93555101
Status Quo bullshit. It makes his snarky character more believable than a 27 year old man in charge of a multi billion dollar company. Its the same reason why they did OMD, they want Peter to be relatable and to have more leeway with stories.

I kind of understand why they though OMD was a good idea, with Pete having a super model wife and all, but it was just terrible since everyone loved MJ and Pete together. Then again fan appeal doesn't matter and it matters even less in the current climate at Marvel.

If they do the stupid teenage Pete then expect him and and Miles to be Spider bros fighting over Spider Gwen who is currently "dating" Miles. It'll be a mess and I actually hope it happens now since it'll be the final nail in the coffin for the only comic that consistently sells with the Marvel name.
>>
>>93555837
I'll never get what was wrong with MJ being a model? As far as I remember it wasn't like she'd made it big.

I always liked that she seemingly had this glamerous job that was actually a lot rougher than some might expect.
It mirrored Peter's life.
>>
>>93556135
It's was also realistic since being a model IS tough.
>>
>>93554302
>tfw no spidey movie with a 20 minute long Tough Mudder scene set to EDM
>>
>>93554329
I like it but he'd have to be a college science teacher with a really good TA to explain all the absences
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.