[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting this, when does it start becoming GOAT like I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 290
Thread images: 18

File: tssm.jpg (12KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
tssm.jpg
12KB, 200x200px
Starting this, when does it start becoming GOAT like I've heard? So far there's too many references and the voice acting is shoddy. Feels like they're trying to cram in as much as possible to world build, but it just feels forced and lazy. Peter's also incredibly obnoxious and pathetic, too Ditko for my liking.
>>
>>93545365
It starts out okay for the first five episodes. It gets good starting with Episode 6 and continues being good until the end.
>>
>>93545463
>five episodes for a show to get good
Agents of SHIELD fans tell me the same thing
>>
>>93545365
It really hits its stride at episode 5 with Sandman. The first few episodes are alright.

Once you get to Rhino, everything is orgasmic.
>>
>>93545365
Maybe Spiderverse would be better for you.
>>
>>93545601
Actually scratch that, it hits its stride at episode 4 with Shocker. For some reason I thought he was later.
>>
>>93545601
Do the designs ever stop being shit? Electro looks like a fucking garbage man

>>93545624
Spiderverse? That comic sucked
>>
>>93545696
Designs are pretty good. Stop bitching like a fag and keep watching the show.
>>
>>93545365
Boy I've been rewatching this show this last couple weeks, nice to see someone make a thread about it. Sometimes I'm perplexed at how good it was. The animation looks great, the voice acting is great, the plots are solid, the mysteries well executed and it does romance a hundred times better than the CW shows.

I think it starts pretty good but it becomes kino as soon as the goblin appears.

>>93545696
>Electro looks like garbage

I know the style is not for everyone but I'd choose it over that stupid mask that 616 electro uses. Ever since I was a kid I hated Electro's classic design.
>>
>>93545779
Electro's classic costume is just that, a classic. Ultimate had a decent design until he just became a blue variant and lost the leather.
>>
>>93545525
It's not terrible the first five episodes; it just hits its stride with Episode 6. Honestly, Episode 1 is the weakest one since it juggles so many villains.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV_ebV9utHQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9X4I7x6i8I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia5iyQF2qNE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M7hwgDMHlw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UygJIhULqc4

Can other comic book cartoons even compete?
>>
>>93545365
>Peter's also incredibly obnoxious and pathetic

Huh? I take it you haven't the preview for the new show.

Also, Peter got a cheerleader wet for him just by not putting up with her bullshit. There's a reason this show was once referred to as Bitches Love Spider-Man: The Animated Series
>>
>>93546146
He's got Liz, MJ, Gwen, and Felecia thirsting for his Spider D.
>>
>>93545779
>the goblin

Green Goblin was god-tier in this series.
>>
>>93545525
>He doesn't know about the 4-5 episode litmus test
>>
This show's so fucking perfect.
Possibly the best Venom and Goblin ever.
>>
>>93546398
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uX1hCsm8-Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7U0c2IPnLc

Probably my favourite iteration of the character. Which says a lot since 616 Goblin is one of my favourite villains period. Blum knocked it out of the park with the voice.
>>
>>93546492

My only gripe with SSM Green Goblin is that the whole thing felt like "Joker lite." I love my Goblin cocky and a bit kooky but I don't like him so comedic.
>>
>That Opera fight
>That Midsummer Nights Dream episode
>That mental battle with the symbols
This show was pure kino
>>
>Introduces the Green Goblin and manages to pull off a double-twist along with several smaller sub-twists in regards to who's actually behind the mask

Show of hands, who here was legitimately surprised when the whole plot was finally revealed in the last episode? Damned if they didn't get me.
>>
>>93546676
I was. I honestly thought it was just a juiced up Harry.
>>
File: Doc Ock.jpg (85KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Doc Ock.jpg
85KB, 1600x900px
>>93546467
>>93546492
I'd add Dr Octopus to that list.
>>
>>93546583
He was goofy, but I felt it was Norman's more repressed side coming to the surface.
>>
File: ea5.png (106KB, 406x310px) Image search: [Google]
ea5.png
106KB, 406x310px
>>93546676
>"If it's not you, or Menken, or me, then who else could it be?"
>"You don't think it could be mom!?"
>mfw I actually thought it was Harry's mom for a moment
>>
>>93545365
Great, now I'm rewatching the series. Tell me there's something better, go ahead, try.
>>
>That episode where Silver sable, Hammerhead, and Roderick Kingsley bid for the Rhino formula
>Kingsley keikakku's them
>Octopus keikakku's him
>In the end Norman gave them a fake in the first place, and he gets half a billion dollars in exchange for nothing

He really did get away with everything
>>
>>93545365
I never noticed Liz's latina accent.
>>
>>93546958
Don't forget that it's hinted Roderick sent his twin, Daniel, to get the drive on the docks.
>>
>>93546119
Btas? Batman Beyond?
>>
>>93546467
>>93546492
>>93546583
I love Spectacular Spider-Man if only because, as it was airing, /co/ wasn't actually sure who the Goblin was.
>>
>>93546492
Now I remember how USM's Green Goblin was just a boring bad guy with no charisma and it makes me mad.
>>
>>93545696
Electro and Kraven are the only designs I don't like.

The designs in general are perfect for motion. They work so well for the action scenes.
>>
>>93546398
Green Goblin, pre-resurrection/political shenanigans, is one of my all time favorite villains. I loved how perfect they nailed the character's carefree attitude, yet incredible capacity for manipulation and master planning. I also like how, unlike the other cartoons, we finally got to see Gobby try to take over the criminal underworld like Ditko/Lee wanted.
>>
>>93546398
The show legit tricked me into thinking Harry was the Goblin.

God damn Norman was the fucking man in this.
>>
>>93546676
I remember when the Harry reveal happened everyone was mad, and someone mentioned "What if Norman broke Harry's leg, faked the limp, and is the real Goblin still?"

I literally called him a retard, and said that was a stupid excuse to defend Harrygoblin. Man, did I eat a big bowl of crow a year later.
>>
Is there any official confirmation on whether SSM's Osborn was driven mad by the serum or he was always a sociopath and the serum just made it worse
I mean, he did say that the serum didn't drive him mad, but he's hardly a reliable narrator.
>>
>>93546467
Best Venom, best Goblin, best Shocker, best Tombstone, best Doctor Octopus, best Liz, best Miles Warren.
>>
>>93547998
Was the I never apologize catchphrase of his not a clear indication of what kind of man he is?
>>
>>93547998
>I never apologize
He was always a complete sociopath, the serum probably just drove him to dress up like a goblin and fly around on a glider while throwing pumpkin bombs.
>>
>Peter breaks up with Liz to be with Gwen
>Gwen stays with Harry out of pity due to Norman's "death"
Worst ending
>>
>>93548023
They needed a third season so badly. Fucking sony. Now the only thing we can experience of spectacular is reruns and fanfics.
>>
>>93546583
Norman, almost more than any other character in the comics, is deliberate about being a "supervillain". This is a man who specifically chose to pattern his identity after *Halloween*. He fucking LOVES being a badguy.

So yeah, he has a lot in common with classic Joker.
>>
>>93547998
I figured the ambition was always there, but the serum completely enhanced it and drove him to being the Goblin. However, unlike 616, he was completely aware of it and never NOT wanted it. He accepted his suppressed emotions, unlike Ditko/Lee/Romita and Raimi Norman.

It's like he said to Spider-Man
>We all wear masks, Spider-Man, but which one is real? The one that covers your face, or the one that IS your face?
The Green Goblin was what he always was: An insane, manipulative, psychotic genius. The serum just opened his eyes.
>>
>>93545365
The theme was fucking amazing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ-oawfyvn4
>>
>>93545525
I thought Spectacular Spider-man started being spectacular on the first episode. The fluid animation, the characters, fuck you voice acting is great. But it does get only better as it goes along and never lets up.

It takes half of first season of AoS to get good, first half is mostly filler because they had to wait for Winter Soldier
>>
>>93547308
Spectacular Spider-man is more consistent.

BTAS was like that one good episode everyone talks about out of 10 episodes no one ever talks about, like Red Claw.
>>
>>93548027
I really hope screaming at them how people want season 3 will help.

Spectacular Spider-man reruns consistenly have great ratings and every time they announce a new cartoon you have SSM S3 comments as most rated.

Fans haven't let it go even after half a decade.
>>
>>93545365
the venom arc is amazingly good, fuck toby maguire spiderman 3 venom, this is how it should have been. best bit is peters attitude while he is wearing the suit
>>
Don't you guys get tired of all these god damn contrarian topics all over /co/. It fucking wears me out.
>>
>>93545365
Remember how Alpha MJ was at the dance thing? The moment what'shisname's girlfriend mocks her for Peter ditching her for his job and MJ just steals her boyfriend out from under her nose? That was pretty great.
>>
>>93548027
Hopefully when Weisman die's someone publishes his journals
>>
is Ultimate really that bad?
>>
>>93548813
It was mediocre at best and dogshit at worst. In other words, it sucked.
>>
>>93545365
>too Ditko
You need to leave.
>>
>>93545365
>baby first bait
>>
>>93548788
Literally only good MJ besides the comics.
>>
Jesus, just realized that in Rhino serum episode they showed Roderick Kingsley - Hobgoblin, as one of the bidders, Man, that show so deserved a season 3.
>>
This is the only fic I could find with the same level of writing as the cartoon. It has a lot of callbacks to the show including easter eggs from both the show and the comics. http://archiveofourown.org/works/3397898/chapters/7436474
>>
>>93545365
>So far there's too many references
>Feels like they're trying to cram in as much as possible to world build, but it just feels forced and lazy
Those are a staple of all Marvel cartoons.

Thankfully, this was made by Sony animation instead of Marvel animation, so the pacing is decent and there aren't a bunch of crossovers cluttering the cast.
>>
>>93549648
Season 3 was going to introduce Scorpion, Carnage and Hydro to the show, we really aren't allowed to have nice things
>>
>>93549678
i cry evrytiem
>>
>>93549741
It hurts even more when you find out they were aiming for 65 episodes and we only got 26
>>
I know Weisman gets most of the credit, but Victor Cook was also co-showrunner and deserves as much credit. He's also worked on the Hellboy DTVs, Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated, and will also showrun the new Stretch Armstrong on Netflix.
>>
>>93549773
As if my sorrow couldn't grow any bigger.
>>
>>93545525

Five episodes ain't shit, some amazing shows take like 15 episodes to get good. Hell some shows take whole seasons. Doesn't mean it isn't worth it once they pick up.
>>
>>93549818

> Hell some shows take whole seasons

AKA why I can never convince people to watch Fringe or Person of Interest.
>>
>>93548003
>Best Liz
Holy shit yes. Went from literal who to my favorite spidey love interest. Too bad nothing else will put the character to good use again and even if it does, won't be the same Liz, as she is very different from the comic one already.
>>
>>93548003
>Best Tombstone
His teamups with Spidey were fucking amazing. Keith David voicing him also really helped.
>>
>>93548750
Wasn't it cancelled because Disney bought Marvel? Just like later happened woth Clone Wars, it became stuck with corporate rivals sharing the rights and being unwilling to either sell it or work together. I think no ammount of fan pleading can do anything about that.
>>
>>93548885
>he likes Ditko's Spider-Man

Anyway, I'm starting the fourth episode now. Still not feeling this.
>>
>>93548824
>mediocre at best
Not just mediocre.
I don't know when it's worse: when it's genuinely bad or when it's teeth-grittingly boring
>>
>>93545365
>the voice acting is shoddy
This is a complaint I agree with, but nobody else who watches the show seems to. I don't think it's the voice acting, so much as the script. Characters frequently talk in an unnatural way, like they're more concerned with getting the information out than acting. One example that really sticks out for me is at the end of the sinister six episode, when Peter finds out the symbiote was controlling him in his sleep, he has this long monologue where he's talking to himself. The whole thing just felt unnatural-sounding.
>>
>>93545525
Agents takes 14 episodes before it gets REALLY good, then it stays about the same
>>
>>93550382
Shit bait, mate.
>>
>>93550620
>any criticism is bait
This is why I can't take anyone serious when they rave about this show.
>>
>>93550382
I disagree. Up to this day Josh is probably my favourite voice for spiderman. The guy had quite some range, it becomes more evident in the chameleon episode and when he confronts the symbiote..
>>
>>93548743
A lot less episodes for Spectacular. Old Wounds, Robin's Reckoning Part 1, Heart of Ice are better than any single Spectacular episode.
>>
>every bad guy is from Oscorp
It was lazy when Bendis did it and it's lazy here. Also how have they put Sandman in every episode and still not added depth to him? Episode 5 now
>>
File: Eddie.png (165KB, 720x418px) Image search: [Google]
Eddie.png
165KB, 720x418px
>>93545365
>>93550382
>voice acting is shoddy
Watch it in español latino. Way better than the original https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xghFquNB6H8
>>
>>93547998
I like the idea that he was never mad as in unaware of his actions or unable to control himself, and that the goblin was a mix of acting and catharsis to him, a means of getting out all of his repressed emotions. This show was a perfect example of how to pull off a sane goblin, Slott should take notes.
>>
>>93550809
>lazy to have a logical explanation for supervillain powers

what would you suggest?
>>
>>93550821
I'm latino and to a extent I disagree. Eddie's voice isn't as raspy in the dub as it is in english. Diskin makes him seem more psychotic.

>>93550809
By the second season sandman is probably the "deepest" of the secondary villains. Up to that point he doesn't need depth, he's just an armed crook, don't get mad when anons accuse you of baiting.
>>
>>93550382
It sounds unnatural because the symbiote manipulates him into thinking he needs it. That little "we" he says is a clear indicator that those weren't exactly his thoughts.
>>
>>93550863
That every bad guy doesn't have the same origin story
>>
>>93549773
>>93549804
Didn't they want to do a movie as well? Death of Gwen I think it would be about
>>
>>93550888
>Diskin makes him seem more psychotic.
Yeah but his latin actor is better at voice acting.
>>
>>93550905
4 movies, apparently. About Peter's college years.
>>
>>93550809
>Electro is a freak accident
>Lizard is an experiment gone wrong
>Shocker is a hit man who stole a power suit
>Kraven is someone stealing Connors' research
>Colonel Mercury is weird reaction to space
>Venom is from space
>Chameleon, Mysterio, & Tinkerer are all mercs
>Black Cat is indie
>>
>>93548003
How about best hammerhead?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pQ57XbmNiE

>>93548046
>That quote

Fucking perfect.
>>
>>93550809
Sandman is a simple guy with simple needs. Still, like >>93550888 says. Sandman gets a lot more depth during Season 2.
>>
>>93548003
Underated Harry as well.
The only adaptation I've seen that get's Harry being a pretty ordinary, passive guy at heart but becomes increasingly disturbed when he tries to emulate his dad.
They managed to condence a decades long story well.
>>
>>93549818
I thought Game of Thrones was utterly mediocre until like half of season 2.

season 4 best season, but season 5 is so garbage I dropped the show
>>
>>93550888
>>93551144
>critiquing a show while you watch it is bait

>>93551007
>characters that haven't even been introduced
>>
I wish meme magic could revive this show
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su-HZH3U1Bo

Goddamn I love Otto's voice.
>>
>>93550809
Because having a thousand freak accidents in one city is even more contrived.
>>
>>93550809
The Enforcers, Lizard, and Shocker aren't from Oscorp and arguably Vulture isn't either. Sandman is the first villain made by them.
>>
>>93551541

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who feels this way (was forced to finish season 1 and start season 2, quit season 5 halfway through)
>>
>>93545365

is there any good sources to watch this (legally)?

only ever got to see a couple episodes but enjoyed what I did see.
>>
>>93549853
People didn't like the first season of Person of Interest? Obviously it wasn't as good as later seasons but I thought they put enough "the person we're protecting is a bad guy/the person we're fighting is a good guy" twists that it was interesting enough before they started having the long running plot lines.
>>
>>93549648
>Miles Warren (The Jackal) took over Connors' lab
>Morris Bench (Hydro-Man) helps Osborn with something at one point
>Mac Gargan (Scorpion) is mentioned to work with Osborn
>Cletus Kassady (Carnage) is shown in therapy
>John Jameson (Man-Wolf) is kept in a padded cell while he recovers from the spores
>>
>>93551875
This show's Miles Warren was creepy af. He wasn't intimidating or imposing but there was something off about him.
>>
>>93551562
If we believe anon
>>
>>93551562
That seems very unlikely. This is one of those strange situations in which spiderman being on Sony's hands is for the best.
>>
>>93545365
>Disliking Peter
>Disliking the voice acting
Yeah you're not going to like the show. Just quit
>>
Who's ready to masturbate?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYTXcgzKKhk
>>
>>93552793
I'm still mad she never got SpOck treatment.
I don't even like Superior Spider-Man but that one scene was satisfying.
>>
>>93552793
Felicia was pure sex in this show.
>>
>>93552793
Cat is best love interest
>>
>>93552821
Away with thee, Slott!
>>
>>93553046
I hate Slott. I just also happen to hate "sexy femme fatale who easily beats the main hero and never gets her comeuppance" trope.
>>
>>93552793
>>You better not get your goop in my hair
>Don't worry, It comes off with ice or peanut butter
>Lovely

That's pretty hot.
>>
>>93552821
Well her dad is stuck in prison forever, that's got to hurt.
>>
>>93553373
Which is better fuel for getting pissed st Spidey than the nonsense that happened in Superior.
>>
>>93553267
Is there an innuendo I'm not getting here besides the goop being Spidey's cum?
>>
>>93546119
by looking good
>>
>>93553407
I wonder what they could've done with that if there were more seasons.
>>
>>93551770
There was but not anymore. There was a Saturday morning cartoon block that made episodes available online, called Vortix, don't know if any backups exist online.
>>
>>93553411
the ice/peanut butter thing is about getting gum out of hair
>>
>>93553475
How is that hot then?
>>
>>93551770
Buy the BluRays or DVDs. The latter are on sale at Walmart
>>
>>93545365
Stop watching Ultimate and watch Spectacular
>>
>>93550184
>He liked the first and most genuine characterization of the Spider-Man

You know what? Quit the show. It's too good for you.
>>
File: 1495344217781.gif (539KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1495344217781.gif
539KB, 625x626px
>>93545365
>too Ditko
Do you even like Spider-Man?
>>
>>93550821
Español latino es para maricas.
>>
>>93553741
t. Onda vital
>>
Sandman was so good in this show. I wonder if he'd have joined Silver Sable team of mercenaries in season 3. I mean, he did work with her in the comics right?
>>
>>93552012
This. I really hated this guy because of how unnerving he was. Like when Kraven is threatening him with his lion to get him to induce his transformation. The lion stands up and Warren takes his hand close to a revolver he's hiding behind his back before Kraven tells the lion to sit down without ever seeing the gun.
Little moments like these made the character very eerie.
>>
>>93553741
Dice el maricon Español.
>>
>>93554043
>Sandman
>not a hero in S3
Pick one
>>
>>93553887
t. Lobezno
>>
>>93554043
They did have plans for him, Felicia, and Hobie for season three or four.
>>
>>93554474
t. Sr. Pepe y sus globos.
>>
>>93554478
Blackmailed by the Hobster to rob places together?
>>
>>93554509
t. Isidoro
>>
>>93554539
t. Justo
>>
>>93554474
Lobezno era el nombre Español tu pedazo de español. Era Guepardo en latino
>>
>>93554555
t. Huepardo
>>
>>93554547
t. Agallas el Perro Cobarde
>>
>>93552012
I hated that guy. Everyone mentions that Osborn got away with everything, but Peter didn't even know about Warren being a shithead.
>>
>>93553659
>>93553704
Ditko has easily the worst characterization and it's the one Marvel keeps wanting to latch on to. School Shooter Peter is the worst
>>
>>93554614
>School Shooter Peter

This should be a band.
>>
>>93554587
t. Homero Simpson
>>
>>93554710
Homero is better than Homer
>>
>>93549773
>>93551005
>65 episodes and 4 movies
Could they have pulled it off? Has any show ever managed to stay consistently good for that long?
>>
>>93554744
He is called Homer in every dub except the Latino and the Arab. Names should never be translated.
Nicknames get a pass, but names should always stay the same.
>>
>>93554710
t. Pétalos, Burbuja, y Cáctus
>>
>>93554843
t. Bombón, Bellota, Burbuja
>>
File: 511ff566cf1e6.gif (129KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
511ff566cf1e6.gif
129KB, 500x375px
>>93554832
>He is called Homer in every dub except the Latino
Because the latin version of the show is the best version. Everyone else got an inferior version.
>>
File: 1483063142996.jpg (12KB, 442x346px) Image search: [Google]
1483063142996.jpg
12KB, 442x346px
>>93554943
If you're being ironic right now I gotta say, you got me to laugh. Well done. And if you weren't you still got me to laugh. Thanks anon; I needed that.
>>
>>93545525
Agents of SHIELD starts shit and remains shit for a whole season before becoming mediocre. Spectacular starts good and becomes great.
>>
>>93547914
I wasn't a fan of Venom's design, especially his dumb stomach mouth. But yeah, other than that and Kraven, all the designs are on point. Especially Doc Ock and Green Goblin
>>
File: Aku.gif (581KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Aku.gif
581KB, 500x375px
>>93555071
>unironically thinking the english voices are good
>>
File: amazing kino.png (225KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
amazing kino.png
225KB, 720x480px
>>93546650
>That Midsummer Nights Dream episode
>That Uncle Ben's killer is Felicia's dad twist
>>
>>93555164
Actually, I prefer the Castilian dub over the English one.
>>
File: boner.png (641KB, 637x709px) Image search: [Google]
boner.png
641KB, 637x709px
>>93548003
You forgot best Hammerhead's driver
>>
>>93548027
>Fucking sony
I blame Disney. In fact, I blame both. In fact, I blame all big corporations that only think in terms of bottom lines.
>>
>>93555234
I thought she was in a relationship with Hammerhead. Was she?
>>
File: nintendon't.png (113KB, 600x328px) Image search: [Google]
nintendon't.png
113KB, 600x328px
>>93548063
Jesus Christ that quality is fucking terrible please never post that again, here, take this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SpWAnBjdNg
>>
>>93554943
That's not how you spell "québécois"
>>
>>93554832
>Bruno Diaz
>Ricardo Tapia
>>
>>93546443
What a retarded thing. If a show is supposed to be good it should be good by episode 2 max
>>
>>93556144
What a lenient dumbass. Everyone knows if a show doesn't impress you in the first two minutes, it's automatically shit.
>>
>>93545365
Starts out pretty good at first. Then with every episode it gets better little by little.

It literally was the best you could squeeze out of Spider-Man. It also had a well done aspect of going between superhero and school life. The teen drama was actually believable, and the villains were sweet.

>>93554800
>65 episodes and 4 movies

Fuck Disney and Sony. JUST. FUCK.
>>
>>93556144
>>93556280

t. aspies with short attention spans
>>
I kind of wish there was a scene on the show where Norman is busy talking to someone on the phone about business or something like that and he runs over a dog.
He gets out of the car to see a little kid crying. "NO! Not {insert dog's name}"
The dad comes out of the house "Why weren't you looking at the road?!"
Norman says something like "You should have kept the dog in the house."
The dad says "Apologize to my son."
Norman faces him "I never apologize." He goes back into his car as a kid cries over his dead dog. If only
>>
File: SSM_Norman_Osborn_2.jpg (8KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
SSM_Norman_Osborn_2.jpg
8KB, 210x240px
>>93547983
>Man, did I eat a big bowl of crow a year later.

Did you apologize?
>>
>>93554614
Spectacular Peter is the last person that would become a school shooter. Harry and Eddie Brock seem like much more likely suspects.
>>
>>93554614
Spectacular's Peter isn't really Ditko-like in that sense. But I agree, school shooter Peter is fucking terrible.

Did anyone even use that characterization outside of the original run? I don't think Conway used it in his
>>
File: doc ock.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
doc ock.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
TREACHERYYYYYY
>>
I'm still embarrassed that I actually fell for Norman's scheme and considered that he might not be the Goblin this time.
>>
>>93557339
They did a good job at psyching the people out with how Harry was characterized. Not to mention other radical changes like Montana being Shocker prepped the audience for other stuff like that.
>>
>>93557695
After a second viewing I realized Harry was a bigger piece of shit than I remembered.
>>
>>93545525
Agents of SHIELD's first good episode is 2/3 of the season in dumbass.
>>
>>93549867
I have been intentionally avoiding Homecoming promo material because of Liz. I'm nervous to ask. Is she even that prevalent?
>>
>>93557272
Conway definitely didn't, him and Romita basically made the definitive version of Peter
>>
So how did Norman manage to survive hundreds of bombs going off at once?
>>
>>93558422
ALL ACCORDING TO KEIKAKU
>>
>>93558020
From the spoilers I've read, she's Peter's love/homecoming dance interest for most of the movie and Vulture's daughter
>>
>>93551617
Peter MacNicol is an underrated voice actor.
>>
>>93558422
The Goblin bombs are fucking trash, man, no one caught in its explosion ever dies, mostly get pushed around a little, and knocked out if they get pushed in a concrete wall.
>>
>>93546162
He didn't get MJ in Spectacular.
>>
>>93551547
Electro was introduced in the second episode. Vulture in the first.
>>
>>93559210
I think that Weisman's plan was for MJ to become Peter's final love interest.
>>
SPECTACULAR SPECTACULAR SPIDERBUMP
>>
>>93560799
LIVIN ON THE EDGE
>>
>>93560824
FIGHTING CRIME SPINNING WEBS
>>
>>93561310
SWINGING FROM THE HIGHEST LEDGE, HE CAN LEAP ABOVE OUR HEADS
>>
>>93550382

It's done by the same guy that did Young Justice - so obviously it's going to have the same kind of fans who defend it to death as "great kino animation" and those who find the faults with it clearly and achingly obvious
>>
>>93548003
I'm gonna go ahead and say best Gwen too.

Though anything is an upgrade from the dumb slut she was in the comics.
>>
Finished episode. Going to guess it's Norman. I'm still not digging Keaton as Peter nor Peter's whiney angst. So far the best scene of the show was when Aunt May went to have coffee with Betty Brant. It's still sucking Ditko off too much for my liking, but it's gotten slightly better. As long as the relationship shit tones down I should be able to stomach it, that shit has been non-stop cringe so far.
>>
>>93559210
MJ wasn't interested in him at the time.

I'm wondering if they were going to go with the later reveal that she already knew he was Spider-Man. They establish that she lives close enough to him to possibly see him out of costume at some point, and there's some dialogue that could hint at it.
>>
>>93545365
Finished both seasons
It was ok but really forgettable IMO. Couldn't get why /co/ said it was so great. I think I'm just tired of Spider-Man. Used to really love him but a lot of his stuff (i.e. games, movies,etc) just seem so meh.
>>
>>93554800
>Has any show ever managed to stay consistently good for that long?
If you count movies as TV specials then EE&E fit that bill
>>
>>93562971
The Gwen craze always struck me as odd since the original Gwen was just kind of...there...and bland.
>>
>>93564341
Which is why they killed her off for MJ to step up.
>>
>>93550809
You know, when people say you're baiting, it's done out of genuine benefit of the doubt that you're not absolutely fucking retarded, so you just cut your losses and "admit" to baiting now. You'd have to be stupid to judge a show this quickly then run over to /co/ just to be /co/ntrarian and prove some point you think is new, undoubtedly right, and opposite to the popularly-helded belief.
>>
>>93551617

My absolute favorite fucking part about Doc Ock was how even after becoming a supervillain he still clung to a select few holdovers from his dweeby office nerd days.

the "why leave that mess?" coffee-maker note and the goddamn coffee mug are stellar.
>>
File: rick james.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
rick james.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>>93558422
Goblin serum is a hell of a drug.
>>
>>93551617
TREACHERYYYYYYYYYUGH
>>
>>93561545
AAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAA-AAA-AAA-AA-A-A
>>
>>93564635
VILLAINS ON THE RISE
AND THE CITY'S VICTIMIZED
>>
>>93564671
LOOKING UP WITH NO SURPRISE
ARRIVING IN THE SPEED OF TIME!
>>
>>93564469
>no criticisms allowed while watching
Seriously, I'm now 8 episodes in and only two of the bad guys haven't come from Oscorp. And yes, Hammerhead goons count as Oscorp since it's all connected together.

I'm past the point people said it gets better. Peter is still an unlikable douche, Keaton still delivers his lines too slowly and sounds like he's reading them instead of acting, the relationship crap is cringe worthy, all the supporting characters are dull or barely fleshed out, and given the amount of time individual characters are given screen time I'm astonished that the only characters I like is Aunt May and Jonah.

This show is mediocre at best, hard to sit through at worst. I'm glad there's only 26 episodes of this shit, between this, Rebels season one, and Young Justice I'm wondering how Weisman keeps getting work.
>>
>>93564785
>Hammerhead goons count as Oscorp since it's all connected together.

what
>>
>>93564818
Hammerhead is working with Oscorp to create bad guys.
>>
>>93559791
>mj shows up to tell Peter something happened to aunt May in pajamas and slippers
>that casualness implies she lives near enough to walk there
>can easily reveal she knew all along.
Truly kino
>>
>>93558126
Conway is a talentless hack who never wrote a good thing in his whole worthless life and one of the worst Spider-Man writers ever, so it's a good thing no one cares about his trash.
>>
>>93545365
>list everything good about it
>pretend those are bad things
just when I thought shitposting had come to an all-time low, you raise the bar back up
>>
>>93555401
Happy Canada Day!
>>
>>93558422
http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=11626

Apparently, a body identified as Norman's was found in the remaints.
>>
>>93565452
You call this bait? You didn't even try.
>>
>>93565872
Chameleon? Ned Leeds?

>Or maybe The real Norman was in the helicopter with Harry while the one in the glider was a brainwashed chameleon juiced up on green
>>
>>93564628
>Then L. Thompson Lincoln, IS WEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAK
>>
>>93564753
AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAA-AAAAAA-AA-A-A
>>
So did George Stacy know
>>
>>93566864
Of course he did. Probably would have come up if Peter got with Gwen.
>>
>>93565872
>Norman might have straight up murdered someone similair to the comics
Hot damn Norman.
>>
>>93557695
Mix that with the ambuigouity of the depths of Norman's evil and you've got an unsettling situation where some guy in a position of authority has gotten you to blame the victim of his actions. Except he's fictional.

Maybe we should all be a little more afraid of Weisman.
>>
Do you think Weisman would have been allowed to kill Stacies?
>>
>>93566078
>i-if I call it b-bait, I can avoid addressing the argument
Go fuck yourself. Conway is Dan Slott of his era. Heavily reliant on loud and obnoxious storylines (like Jameson's song being a Wolfman or any other retarded nonsense) and giving minimum thought to characterization stripping what little complexity some characters had. He kept shilling his shitty villains like Tarantula and Disruptor because he's too untalented to create a character worth a damn.
He was the one who paved way for Clone Saga, and indirectly ruined Spider-Man comics for years to come.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-01-05-23-39.png (473KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-01-05-23-39.png
473KB, 1024x600px
>>93546836
I love it
>>
>>93547983
LOL happened on a board I used to post on too. I was the biggest advocate for the show and one guy was ranting about how dumb it was that Harry was the Goblin. I tried reasoning with him that it was all Norman's ruse but he wasn't having that. It felt so good when it all was revealed though. I still kind of wince whenever I see him twist Harry's leg though.
>>
>>93548023
Peter's teenaged hormones were his big downfall. He fucked up going after Liz when Gwen was crazy for him, then he fucked up going after Gwen when she's with his boy and Liz is being an A+ girlfriend. He didn't ease up on maybe sampling MJ or Black Cat either.

He's a kid and it will get better though. It's funny that all the jocks and cool kids were committed monogamists while social outcast, nerd Parker was the trying and almost succeeding in nailing everything.
>>
>>93568764
He ruined his chances of getting some pussy cat after that jail daddy fiasco.
>>
>>93548733
I thought the first episode was good, the second was fun with great action and then the third with the Lizard was what cemented it for me.
>>
Actually, I've been wondering, how did /co/ initially react to it?

Probably a lot of art style shitposting.
>>
>>93548743
I always thought BTAS was much more hit than miss
>>
>>93568794
Yeah, Pete saved the day but made most of his friends distrustful of him.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-01-05-51-57.png (455KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-01-05-51-57.png
455KB, 1024x600px
>>93568776
I would have loved to have seen how Weisman might have resolved that or made it worse. It says a lot that she went back to save him even while she was pissed out of her mind at him though.
>>
>>93568816
They were good with the classic Spider-Man endings with Pete losing even when he wins. That's part of why I love the season 2 ending so much.
>>
>>93549678
Marvel hates Spider-Man fans
>>
>>93549781
It kills me when I know immensely talented guys running around with no shows and Marvel Animation doesn't go after them.
>>
>>93568862
They would've probably met again during an art heist or something where Peter would've gotten to elaborate on why he was so pissed at her dad, giving her a clue on who he really is. With that little clue and the events that happened during Identity Crisis, she realises Peter is Spidey.
>>
>>93548023
God that was depressing as fuck. Feels like Pete should've had a minor breakdown after that.
>>
>>93549899
He only voiced him in episode 1.

Kevin Michael Richardson voiced him in every other episode.
>>
>>93553442
I remember hearing an anon said that spidey and cat were going to reconcile as one of the plans for season 3.
>>
>>93548023
>>93569232
To be honest? Pete fucking deserved it. Liz's brother was just turned into the Molten Man, and at every opportunity, he compliments Gwen over Liz cause Gwen was getting hotter. Peter was a fucking asshole to Liz. Like, straight up asshole.
>>
>>93570734
But how?
>>
>>93570911
Who knows? It was all outlines for the seasons. And a real for bummer to know they wont come to fruition.
>>
>>93549818
> this is what Americans actually believe
>>
>>93566976
I wonder at what point he realized it. The one that cemented it for me was when he kept making up excuses for Peter in the enforcers episode.
>>
>>93570774
I can't disagree with this. When I saw Peter and Gwen talking in the final episode about how they wanted to break up with Liz and Harry, I wasn't happy for them. I was pretty pissed.

Not only did Peter spend a whole season fucking Liz over and her brother just got turned into a supervillain and arrested, you have Harry on drugs and being outed to the school for the fact. Not to mention that they literally just finished having a conversation about how he was kidnapped!
>>
>>93565452
This is weak bait

>>93565549
>forced world building is good
You must love The Amazing Spider-Man 2
>>
>>93566864
He was subtle about it
>>
>>93568373
>Sandman blows up
>We clean up and pick another one

He was pretty damn cold.
>>
>>93573112
>anything I disagree with is le b-bait
Cry more, faggot.
>>
>>93568900
If anything THAT was what made me need a damn break from the show, the comics occasionally gave Pete a good day and the show was just full early Spider-man.

Also the lack of other Marvel heroes kind of was weird after a point; Pete's second ever story was trying out for the F4 and not having his friendships with Johnny and Matt really fucks with the balance of Spidey's life from "rough" to "just kill yourself jack."
>>
>>93550809
The man just wanted a big score.

I found it refreshing.
>>
>>93574700
>Gwenfags are this stupid
>>
>>93575098
>anyone who disagrees with me is le Gwenfag
Are you stupid or just baiting? Judging by your entire thread probably the latter, but I'm still curious.
>>
>>93575180
>thinking I'm OP
Stupid Gwenfag
>>
>>93575180
>>93575209
Just fuck already
>>
>>93575209
>G-Gwenfag
No argument, eh faggot?
And yes, either you are OP or there is an invasion from a land of terrible taste where liking Gerry Conhack is the norm.
Now either way, go jerk off to Renew Your Boredom and say how much of an "amazing" comic that dumpster fire is.
>>
>>93575386
Renew Your Vows is as fan wanky as Spectacular Spider-Shit. As for your land, that's the normal opinion faggot.
>>
>>93574682
I want to know how he turned out so callous even before the supervillainy.
>>
>>93575527
>that's the normal opinion faggot
It's the opinion held by completely tasteless retards which is no wonder why you're defending it so much.
>>
I'm on episode 10 now. The relationship stuff is still the worst part of the show, but I'm surprised at how many plots the show is juggling now. I'm still not a fan of Peter or Keaton, but at this point I'm convinced I never will. Spider-Man is very rarely interesting in his own comics anyway, it's the supporting cast that shines. Overall the show has gone from crap to decent if only it's ability to keep so many running plots up in the air.

I'm still convinced Norman is the Goblin, I don't think they'd mix the Harry drug arc with the Harry Goblin arc. They've been very rarely deviating from the comic, to the point where the show is just boring because of it, and I can't imagine they'd change such a massive character arc.

Still waiting for it to become one of the best cartoons ever made like /co/ hyped it to be, but that would require a lot of changes to happen.

>>93575607
The fact that no one has defended your shit taste shows you're in the minority here, pal. Conway is considered one of, if not the, best Spider-Man writers. I get that you don't like him, not sure why, but please stop pretending like you're part of the majority, I'm not so why should you?
>>
>>93575885
The only shit taste here is yours, faggot OP.
>Conway is considered one of, if not the, best Spider-Man writers.
By whom? Retards like you? Their opinions are hardly worth anything and fall apart the moment you engage them in a conversation and point out how Conway is a shitty writer.
> not sure why
I already told why you braindead cumstain. Not my fault you lack even the tiniest intellectual capacity that would require someone to read.
>stop pretending like you're part of the majority
Where did I do that, you fucking idiot?
>>
>"it's bad because I said so" the thread
You're disappointing me, /co/
Sage.
>>
Alright, it's pretty cool seeing the Six come together

>>93576013
Why are you so angry? You claimed people were coming from a different world where shit taste runs free, that's making you sound like your opinion is what is universally agreed on. How do you not get this?

I haven't read Conway's run since I was in high school, 15 years ago, and as such I don't remember enough to properly engage. From what you gave
>Wolfman
Considered a classic among fans
>OC push
Every writer is guilty of this, I do remember dreading the next appearance of Tarantula though
>ruining characters
No, Ditko's characterizations were incredibly flawed and Conway's characterization is generally what people think of when they think Spider-Man. To the point where Sam Raimi directly lifted them to place them in modern day for the films.
>clone saga
I don't remember enough to dispute this
>>
>>93576136
I feel like I'm fairly criticizing the show, what am I doing wrong?
>>
>>93576171
>Considered a classic among fans
What fans? No one cares about that shit and it's one of the many shit arcs the teenage at the time hack shat out.
>Every writer is guilty of this
Not every writer goes out of the way to create the worst characters imaginable. Stern created Hobgoblin and no one gives him shit for that.
>To the point where Sam Raimi directly lifted them to place them in modern day for the films.
Except Raimi's characterization are the worst parts of his films. Oh, except for Goblin who had his sympathetic comparatively multifaceted characterization (which is from Lee and Ditko) compared to Conway's one-dimensional psychopath.
>I don't remember enough to dispute this
Of course it's expected. People who defend Conway tend to forget those parts.
>>
>>93576171
>>93576313
Oh, and the main reason anyone regards his run well is because of The Night Gwen Stacy Died. Not because it was particularily well-written but because it was merely bold to kill off a major character like that. (i.e. the tactic of creating "status quo shaking" stories to compensate for mediocre writing which Dan Slott openly applies, if not abuses, now)
Same people also like to ignore all the bad parts.
>>
Combining Sinister Six with Black Suit was the first thing I can honestly say felt fresh with this show even if him beating them in his sleep was retarded
>>
>>93577614
He didn't beat them in his sleep. The symbiote body snatched him and beat them.
>>
>>93576313
My bad, sympathetic Goblin was Lee/Romita not Lee/Ditko.
Still better than Conway.
>>
>>93571978
Add to that Gwen only started dating Peter to make Harry jealous. And that was after she knew about his substance abuse.

The more I look at it the more I think Pete and Gwen's relationship was being set up for failure.
Maybe they'd have hooked up, happily ever after at the end of S3, then the rest would just be them falling apart untill. the bridge incident.
>>
Brehs, when will we get new era of decent Spider-man comics?

I was honestly pretty content with how things were after Brand New Day and before Spider-Island, despite One More Day, I thought it was a time when Spidey was getting from at least passable to actually good comics consistently

Ever after Spider-Island it just went downhill with Ends of the Earth being swan song to Slott's competence as a writer.

Now Marvel has clearly taken "comics never change" too close to heart and change literally everything once in a week, but now I have to question what it was that they changed, because they keep "changing" things so quickly there never was like anything to change in the first place. And changes are inconsequential too. Otto is still alive, hell, all villains he killed are alive too. Goblins are on the loose, I guess Peter is running a company now, but we all know it'll have as much staying power as his marriage did, except also no one likes it.

Is this psychological warfare on Marvel's part? DO they want us to hate NOW to realize we actually had it kind of good last decade?
>>
>>93577614
That's how the symbiote was early in the comics. It would hijack Peter's body and exhaust him. This unsettled Peter and he tried to get rid of it.
>>
File: 1438191509114.gif (279KB, 300x179px) Image search: [Google]
1438191509114.gif
279KB, 300x179px
I just finished watching the entire Spiderman animated series from the 90's. I wish they would have continued it
>>
>>93546583

After remembering Spider-Man TAS had Hobgoblin voiced by Mark Hamil, he felt more like an insane starscream.
>>
>>93564341
Because no one fucking reads comics. Everyone lumped MJ as the boring love interest because that is what she was in most adaptations, and Gwen was used sparingly in media due to the "death embargo", so people aren't as tired of her.
>>
>>93583050
Glad Spectacular taught me that MJ was the Alpha bitch of the Spidey mythos.
>>
>>93568373
>similair
>>
>>93577644
>>93581391
I get that, I just didn't like how he got his ass beat and then beat them high jacked. Felt cheap.
>>
>>93546492
>>Well the ballroom thing anyway

The way his voice gets all deep and scratchy. Umf
>>
>>93548813
It was bad, but the real problem was that it's negative reaction was amplified by the fact that it followed Spectacular
>>
>>93553488
>not having a gum fetish
>>
File: cartooonspider-man.jpg (25KB, 401x264px) Image search: [Google]
cartooonspider-man.jpg
25KB, 401x264px
>>93581835
It is the second best Spider-Man cartoon. Not that this says much but I really like it. I rewatched all of it back in like 2012?

Speaking of the 90's cartoon. I don't mind Peter's design in it, but I wish he had looked more like classic Romita Peter like in this picture.
>>
>>93556690
I had a criminal justice professor that did this shit. He was on his way to trade in his car and get a new one for his wife. He ran over a dog and the dog limped towards the family. The family yelled at him for running over the dog and he yelled at the family for ruining his car. I always knew he was probably an asshole when he was a cop but that story just solidified my opinion
>>
>>93575885
I loved the relationship stuff. In my opinion it's one of the things that keeps Spider-man grounded and relatable.
>>
>>93586444
It's perfect. Also I'm glad they got away with the "the creme de la creme of New York city is going to paint the town red!" line, since the network might have felt compelled to censor it. It's the perfect blend of brutality and fun that makes the goblin so entertaining.
>>
>>93587933
Same. Compare the relationship stuff in this to something like the Flash or other CW shows. I was surprised the first time I realized how much better it was.
>>
>>93587464
>It is the second best Spider-Man cartoon
And the first best voice actor for Spider-Man
>>
>>93589155
Prince Eric is so fucking great. He's always the voice in my Spidey comic reading.
>>
>>93554142
And when he blackmails Connors he's just smiling the whole time, it doesn't fit with his menacing tone and those dead, grey eyes.
>>
>>93586397
To be fair, he would have died if Electro didn't freak out.
>>
>>93587093
>was that it's negative reaction

*was that its negative reaction
Thread posts: 290
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.