[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT wasted potential >great character thrown away to make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: cass.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cass.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
ITT wasted potential

>great character thrown away to make room for some annoying little shit to fill the same assassin-trying-to-be-good role in the bat family
>>
>>93544026
The Jewish lesbian?
>>
>>93544026
Only waifufags and powerlevel fags give a damn about cass cain
>>
>>93544079
I'm neither and I think Cassandra Cain is the only Batgirl that makes sense.
>>
File: 1856006-notooracle.jpg (109KB, 379x700px) Image search: [Google]
1856006-notooracle.jpg
109KB, 379x700px
Were there any good Barbara Gordon Batgirl comics... when Barbara Gordon was Batgirl the first time?

Like, Batgirl Year One was good. She was good on Batman 66. She was good on the animated series. But in all the comics I've read with her she kinda sucked. People are so worked up about her treatment in Killing Joke they forget about her 10+ years of good shit as Oracle.

And it's probably just because I'm not the target audience, but modern Barbara Gordon's stupid sweet valley high teenage hipster Batgirl bullshit is not something I find to be particularly compelling as an argument to keep her in the suit
>>
>>93544128

>filename
>1989 - 2011

JESUS, is she waving goodbye?
That shit is so sad.

Bat girl and the Birds of Prey comic is pretty good. It tries to bring back or make a connection to a time when she was actually Oracle. I think retconning some of Burnside no Oracle stuff. I'm not really sure as I never read all of Burnside. But the Birds of Prey book doesn't have any of that taking selfies or depending on others for tech help. She's using the computer and is a much better detective than just 'photographic memory will give me a solution to this problem'.
>>
>>93544128
Literally they would not have done it if Steph or Cass had red hair and filled the iconic role visually. The Robins having the same look is the only reason they're allowed to grow up because the replacement still plays upon nostalgia.

It's so fucking stupid, but it's the truth. If it was only about TKJ they would just heal her and keep her as Oracle instead of forcing her into a role that makes no sense.
>>
File: All-New_Ghost_Rider_2_Cover.jpg (236KB, 550x835px) Image search: [Google]
All-New_Ghost_Rider_2_Cover.jpg
236KB, 550x835px
>Diversity character that wasn't forced
>Legacy that didnt shit on his predecessor and was his own thing
>Had a nice street level hero thing going slowly becoming an urban legend in his community
>Had interesting chemistry with Eli and good character moments with his brother
>Cute potential redheaded girlfriend
>Marvel decides to fuck him over at every turn
>Second solo book post Ghost Racers reduces him to a minor character to push other shitty characters
Marvel is so incompetent that what they were trying to go for with Miles/Riri happens, and yet did nothing with him. At least he didnt get pushed hard like Kamala
>>
All of Marvel, except for Silver Surfer Requiem.
>>
>>93544026
>Cassandra Cain
>great character

She's the only Batgirl who completely misses the point of what Batgirl is. The only reason she's "popular" is she's woobie waifubait, same as X23. The only time she's been good is when she's hanging out with other better characters.
>>
>>93544715
>misses the point of what Batgirl is.

What is Batgirls point?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.