[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MCU synergy has gone too far >got Bendis Defenders #1 as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: daredevil_vol_5_1_textless.jpg (154KB, 607x923px) Image search: [Google]
daredevil_vol_5_1_textless.jpg
154KB, 607x923px
MCU synergy has gone too far

>got Bendis Defenders #1 as a gift
>Daredevil's identity is a secret again
>what to fuck
>google it
>his identity became secret again after being allowed to use a machine that erased everyone but Foggy's memories
>and also, he's back in New York
>>
>>93542221
>>and also, he's back in New York
probably for the best
>>
>>93542221
actually it erased foggy's memories too but matt revealed himself to foggy
>>
>>93542221
>>his identity became secret again after being allowed to use a machine that erased everyone but Foggy's memories
Not as stupid as Peter Parker selling his marriage to the devil.
>>
>>93542221
Damn near nothing Marvel publishes is worth reading, you should expect shit like this.
>>
>>93542221
Also, how is Defenders?
>>
>>93542409
Kesel did it better than Soule
>>
>>93542447
Decent, which is a blow-away compared to recent Bendis stuff. He's actually respecting the characters, which makes sense, since Daredevil, Jones (obviously), and Cage are the three characters he's most known for, other than Spidey.
>>
>>93542447
>Bendis MCU book
Guess
>>
>>93542447
Stupid.

He's using Diamondback as the villain because of SYNERGY, but he's nothing like either the comics or Netflix version.
>>
>>93542221
>MCU synergy

None of the crap you complained about has anything to do with MCU's Daredevil. Seriously, not a single thing you listed happened on that show

Just shut the fuck up and get out of here
>>
>we'll never have another Defenders book
Fucking hell
>>
>Nick Fury's black son
>Hawkeye has no costume
>Chitauri everywhere
>Sokovia
>New Wasp
>Guardians are all Ooga Chaka and no substance
>Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver are not mutants or Magneto's kids
>Elektra wearing Netflix costume
>Bucky has MCU Winter Soldier mask
>short hair bearded Thor
>>
File: 1464214726382.png (88KB, 308x231px) Image search: [Google]
1464214726382.png
88KB, 308x231px
>>93542567

>Things that didn't happen in Defenders #1
>>
>>93542565
Why did they even use this name for the TV show? It's fucking odd
>>
>>93542567
>Hawkeye has no costume

This isn't MCU. His Avengers suit was ripped straight from Ultimates.
>>
>>93542643
Team name they own the right to that sounds good.
Nothing more to it.

Heroes for Hire doesn't work because people would whine about mercenary superheroes and Marvel Knights sounds a little silly.
>>
>>93542643

because it sounds cooler than "Heroes for Hire" or whatever else you can come up with
>>
>>93542682
Yeah, they changed his 616 look because the Ultimate was still really popular.
Sure.
>>
>>93542723
You said "Hawkeye has no costume" because of the MCU, you dumbfuck.

It's not the MCU's fault, because Hawkeye definitely has a suit there.
>>
File: 1429026165243.jpg (485KB, 1584x1170px) Image search: [Google]
1429026165243.jpg
485KB, 1584x1170px
>>93542723

Hawkeye looked like that before the Avengers movie even came out

Get the fuck out of here and stop pretending you know anything about comic books.
>>
>>93542694
I don't know, Marvel Knights sounds pretty alright. Though it would work better if like, Moon Knight and Blade were in the cast.
>>
>>93542221
>his identity became secret again
I'm okay with this
Now they gotta do it for everyone else.
>>
Funny thing is, Disney didn't ask for any of this. Marvel writers are so creatively bankrupt that the just steal shit from the movies as a crutch. Why do you think War Machine died? BECAUSE BENDIS THOUGHT HE WOULD DIE IN CIVIL WAR AFTER SEEING THE TRAILER
>>
File: gtfo.png (1MB, 1463x609px) Image search: [Google]
gtfo.png
1MB, 1463x609px
>>93543624

Do you seriously think this is the first time that these characters teamed up?

get the fuck out
>>
>>93543624
I think sometimes they do ask for it. Like I don't think the big nerds with esoteric knowledge Ewing and Spencer need that crutch, but it still happens in their books too.
>>
>>93542221
Cap America did before. Its nothing new.
>>
>>93543677
Where did I ever say that?
>>
>>93543736

Writers can take inspiration from the adaptations

Half of Batman or Superman's shit was lifted from radio and TV versions
>>
>>93543766

How is this line-up stealing from movies/TV if it's something that appeared in comics several years ago?

The entire notion is invalid
>>
>>93543815
I never said anything about the line-up you fucking putz. All I said was Marvel Comics does synergy bullshit without even getting told. That was my point
>>
>>93543624
Bendis is always looking for synergy books so he can sell despite the fact he sucks.
>>
>>93542525
That's not what he meant, retard. All this was written in so they could make current daredevil match the show.
>>
>>93542221
>being allowed to use a machine that erased everyone but Foggy's memories
I really hate superhero comics sometimes.
>>
>>93544040
>excluding Defenders because it just launched, not one Bendis book sells more than 30k
>not one has even hit the tenth issue
Marvel is retarded, but maybe even they can see that his name alone can't sell a book past the first issue.
>>
>>93544194
Same thing happened to clean up Grayson

such is life
>>
>>93544293
I believe his name actually poisons sales.
I'm not sure if they get it actually. Civil War 2 was relatively a flop, even with movie synergy.
>>
>>93544428
This is kind of what sucks about Secret Empire doing even worse, it might dissuade them from trying to promote anyone else as their "big" writer.

Kind of getting to the point though where Johns and Snyder might be the only regular writers who have noticeably strong sales.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.