[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Reboot will never get the ending it deserved will never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 4

File: the hunt.png (590KB, 694x468px) Image search: [Google]
the hunt.png
590KB, 694x468px
>Reboot will never get the ending it deserved
will never be ok with this
>>
>>93522770
Oh yeah, this show ReBoot was supposed to get a reboot of all things.

Unfortunately it got cancelled to make way for [CURRENTLY AIRING SHOW YOU DON'T LIKE HERE].
Man, fuck that show.
>>
>>93522770
Mouse and the Atlantis grill were top tier waifus
>>
>>93522810
>Unfortunately
I take it you hadn't heard anything about the remake. It getting canceled was a gift from the gods.
>>
Is there any place I can rewatch that?
I barely remember it, but I remember that the girl was my first animated crush.
>>
>>93522829
>cancelled

Last I heard, it's going to be airing in Canada in 2018.
>>
>>93522770
hey
>>
Tony Jay's dead, fuck it, I don't want it anyway
>>
>>93522829
This to be quite honest famalamadingdong. Everything about the Reboot reboot was a flaming turd and we dodged a bullet with its cancellation. The show may have been uneven at best, but I remember it fondly and I'd hate to have its potential wasted on some crappy Tron knockoff.
>>
>>93522895
There is no god
>>
>>93522922
fuck you're right
>>
>>93522928
You dodged nothing. It comes. The world weeps.
>>
>>93522922
It's worse. Mainframe Entertainment have built a DDR machine overtop his grave, and are hoping children will line up to see who can amass the most desecration points.
>>
>>93522895
socialized television was a mistake
>>
>>93522829
>I take it you hadn't heard anything about the remake
I haven't besides a vague memory of there being one on the way long ago. Fill me in.
>>
>No, you remember boy! How I turned defeat into victory! How I left you with a dying system!

Will there ever be a performance as based as Tony Jay's Megabyte?
>>
>>93523147
Imagine a team of 5 teenagers with attitude! Who then inject themselves into the mainframe vis a vis Code Lyoko. To save the world of course.
>>
>>93522895
>Canada
So worse than death huh.
>>
>>93523188
Literally Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad.
>>
>>93523188
And live action for at least part of it.
>>
>>93523212
And shitty cgi for the other part.
>>
>>93523196
That's just the only confirmed airing. Someone in the US will carry it eventually, I'm sure.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYrKYETorM8
>>
>>93522922
God DAMN IT

Why did you have to remind me.
>>
>>93522770
the only thing that I'd say is objectively bad about reboot's ending was it resulting in young enzo being like reborn or whatever.

literally pointless.
>>
>>93523246
How come I don't remember this
HOLY SHIT
>>
>>93523313

It's the episode right before EVERYTHING CHANGES FOREVER which I always thought was poetic
>>
>>93523246
>You will never engage in an epic guitar duel with your mortal enemy.
>>
>>93523268
That was the ending to season 3. There was a whole other season you missed, that ended in a horrible cliffhanger.
>>
>>93523333
Technically this was the episode where everything changed forever seeing as how Enzo upgrade from 01 to 10 here.

Seriously, Reboot, Beast Wars (or Beasties as it had to be called up here) and Shadow Raiders were some of favourite shows growing up. Shame Mainframe or Rainmaker or whatever they are now went down the tubes afterwards, along with YTV.
>>
>>93523370
>Counting the made for TV Movies.

Why would you torture yourself like that? Literally the only good thing about them was Hex.
>>
>>93523246
Everything about that episode was just perfect.
>>
>>93523333
How's the show now?
Not talking about the esthetics, obviously, but the rest? Did it age well?
>>
>>93523313
Honestly?
as a wee lad, I watched Reboot when it was new religiously and I am almost 100% sure this episode, as with most of the later ones, was never aired as a repeat on ABC. or if it was, you maybe got literally 1 extra chance to see it.

...idk as far as other countries, but in america Reboot was not on TV for a long ass time before it got to finish on toonami.
>>
>>93523409
They existed, anon. You can't un-exist them.
>>
>>93523426
I feel it did, especially the third season.
>>
>>93523453
I reject that reality. Same as I reject the reality with more than 2 Alien films.
>>
>>93523428
I'm an europoor so idk about that, but generally episodes only airs once.
At least, back then. And on one channel, so if you wanted to see two cartoons on different channels that aired at the same time... get fucked.

But I don't even think I missed it because I remember Enzo's face when he got the guitar, but I don't remember anything before that, for some reason

I really need to rewatch it.
Just for nostalgia's sake, and to feel old
>>
>>93523426

Storytelling wise it's still pretty good although the references are dated as fuck

It's hard to discuss the show without talking about the aesthetics, though

Visually it aged like milk
>>
File: Carlos.jpg (24KB, 326x332px) Image search: [Google]
Carlos.jpg
24KB, 326x332px
>>93522770
Sounds like it needs a good and proper Reboot.
>>
>>93523426
The story and designs aged extremely well, but I would never recommend it to anyone born after 2000 because I feel like they'd never be able to get over muh graphics. Especially since you could get better polycounts and renders on a fucking calculator this day and age.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzSNrwNpw0g
>>
>>93523503
I will fucking murder you Carlos.
>>
>>93523508
I like 3D shows with production values like Reboots. It harkens back to a bygone era of computer programming, when everything was still new and unexplored by most people.

To kids like me, a whole city lived in my Amiga
>>
Anyone else here have The Art of Reboot and/or Reboot Forever? There's some really neat stuff in there.
>>
>>93523426
as an adult, there is even more to appreciate I think. all the really cool long panning / tracking shots that are utterly impossible with 2D look cool, the voice acting and character development is top-notch, the humor and references are good.

It's just cool.
>>
>>93523622
Yea and the world itself is interesting
Especially the season with Punished Bob alone in the net as some sort of fremen worm rider
>>
>>93522922
This right here
>>
>>93523695
I would have paid good money for a Web Rider Bob spin-off.

Instead we got My Two Bobs.
>>
>>93523196
You do realize ReBoot is a Canadian series, right?
>>
So, whatever happen to the digital comic that was suppose to continue off and finish the story?

It's been forever now, never got around to reading it... was it suppose to seek interest in bringing back the show?
>>
My Two Bobs was a mistake
>>
>>93523593
No but I went on the ride at the Playdium once
>>
>>93523246
>The Devil Went Down to Mainframe
>>
>>93522770
Didn't it live on through a web-novel or something?
>>
>>93525428
More like foreshadowing Daemon back in season 3 was a mistake. The show could have ended neatly with no issues at season 3 if they didn't.
>>
>>93524146
I remember reading a reboot comic 10 years ago that took place after the hunt but I can't find it for the life of me
>>
>>93523426
I skipped over most of S1, but it holds up quite well.

Everyone complains about the aesthetic, but I honestly really like the look. It's dated, but the fact that it's supposed to be set inside a computer actually pairs well with it.
>>
File: IMG_0112.png (507KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0112.png
507KB, 670x377px
>>93522829
The reboot is a sequel so to speak and has been cast and is being filmed now! Its 1/3 live action with tron style elements!
Megabyte and enzo have been cast and the main antagonist id the "sourcerer" who is some virus programmer!

Main characters are Users and when digitized go by googz, vector, Enigma and D-Frag. A lot of people are hating on it but im excited regardless of the backlash. We are lucky to get continuation at all!
>>
>>93527455
The 1st TV movie being used as a coda instead is something I would've been OK with.
>>
>>93527430
Was non canon and is gone now!
>>93528822
>>
>>93523188
It sounds like it's going to be literally Code Lyoko: Evolution.

So you never know, some good may come of it because maybe the creators of Code Lyoko can sue them and win enough money to reboot that instead.
>>
>>93531081
Wtf you on? Digitzing has been a trope in loads, Tron, VR troopers, samurai cyber squad ,Zixx and. Code Lyoko

You cant sue someone for a sort of genre
>>
>>93530964
I never saw Daemon AS a big threat, it was just a virus other guardians were dealing with. Season 3 could have easilly been the ending!
>>
>>93531124
I'm on "not-autism, light hearted banter and not taking everything in people's posts literally".
>>
>>93531170
You missed the /s , we aint all mind readers, theres some that actually think they are ripping off code lyokos "orogi al" idea
>>
>>93523593
Bought both the instant they came out. Don't know where my Forever is at the moment. There was unexplored concepts of a cycling web and their dad being part of some supervirus hand thing
>>
>>93523897
It's British, Canadian and American since the final season is funded by Cartoon Network
>>
>>93527430
It's an elseworld comic. I demand someone share it for historical reasons
>>
>>93531286
>/s
Where the fuck do you think we are? If someone gets the wrong end of the stick here you just call them a faggot and move on.
>>
>>93522826
>cute grill who becomes real for the boy she has a crush on
>travels on an endless journey with him
>gets stacked
>even more loyal to him and very erotic towards him almost to "I'm ovulating RIGHT NOW" levels
AndrAIa is perfect.
>>
>>93530851
Wew lad
>>
Go back to bed, Woolie.
>>
>>93531516
It's 100% Canadian made by Canadian artists.
>>
>>93523019
God is dead and we killed Him.
>>
>>93532053
>erotic towards him
Anon, you're projecting.
>>
File: hex_01-copy.jpg (127KB, 1110x1500px) Image search: [Google]
hex_01-copy.jpg
127KB, 1110x1500px
>>93522826
That's not how you spell Hexadecimal.
>>
>>93534447
Not that guy, but she does refer to him as 'lover' several times.
>>
>>93530964
>>93531145
either way would've been fine, better than what we got.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.