[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I Hate Everything talked about how Illumination uses a lot of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: i-hate-everything-26.png (46KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
i-hate-everything-26.png
46KB, 600x700px
I Hate Everything talked about how Illumination uses a lot of rendering tricks to cut costs in his "Sing" video. What exactly are these tricks like?
>>
>>93522251
He talks about it in the video you stupid nigger.
>>
>>93522251
I noticed something seemed "off" about the way their movies looked all the way back with Despicable Me. Everything moved too slickly, like there were too many frames, or the footage had been sped up or something.
>>
>>93522448
fpbp
>>
>>93522448
No, he doesn't. He shows an example character models, but nothing technical.
>>93522546
First post worst post
>>
>>93522608
*example of reused character models
>>
>>93522251
He's probably one of the worser YouTube critics
He's not really funny, most of the time he sounds bored
There's better people who do the same shit he does
I don't get why he's popular
>>
>I Hate Everything
I've only seen his video on Minions and I fucking hate Minions myself. All I got from it is that he's an insufferable contrarian sperg who blows every little thing out of proportion and doesn't get how society works. He makes fucking Mr Enter look reasonable.
>>
>Meledandri is determined to keep his company adhering to a low-cost model, recognizing that "strict cost controls and hit animated films are not mutually exclusive".[13] In an industry where movie expenses often exceed $100 million, Illumination's first two releases were completed with significantly lower budgets, considering Despicable Me's $69 million budget and the $63 million budget of Hop.[13] One way the company sustains a lean financial model is by employing cost-conscious animation techniques that lower the expenses and render times of its computer graphics.[13]
>>
>>93522655
>worser
>>
File: chrome_2016-06-01_19-53-59.png (110KB, 209x228px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2016-06-01_19-53-59.png
110KB, 209x228px
>>93522251
- Lower-resolution texturing to reduce memory footprint per render node.

- Less-accurate (faster) lighting models that end up looking unnatural.

- Camera effects such as depth-of-field and motion blur either removed completely or applied in post.
>>
>>93522655
>most of the time he sounds bored
I thought that was the point
>>
>>93522670
I hate to use the cop-out "but that's the point" argument, but IHE's whole shtick is nitpicking.
like in his snapchat video, he admits that he uses snapchat and the whole video is just him nitpicking minute details. is it funny? no, but he's doing it intentionally
>>
>>93522251
The thing that bothered me about that part of his video was that, while he had a point, a number of the examples he showed were obviously meant to be the same character.
>>
>>93522764
yeah, I've been noticing that blur quite a bit lately in Illumination's films, Minions and Sing in particular abuse that shit to no end. And of course, there's all the reused models which while I get for the minions, doesn't make sense for humans or animals at all. Especially if its as blatant as that alligator in IHE's video.

Also remember that the films are animated in France, which likely helps shave off cost, plus Hop was partially live action (and its CG done by the company behind the effects of those mid-2000s shitty cartoon-movie adaptations, Rhythm & Hues), so that probably helps in factoring.
>>
>>93522764
>Lower-resolution texturing

To a degree this is understandable. Disney, Pixar, and Dreamworks have sunk so much money into animation technology to render every character's nose hair that no new studios are going to be able to match that out of the gate.

It's like when people bitched that Rock Dog didn't look as detailed as Zootopia. No fucking shit.
>>
>>93522981
Yeah, that was pretty dumb.
>>
>>93522981
Seriously.

>here he is performing
>here he is in the post-performance lineup
>here's that exact same lineup again and he's still there

Coming up next, look at all these fucking Arnold Schwarzeneggers you can find in Terminator. So lazy.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.