[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With Wonder Woman succeeding as it is, you can bet your ass that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

File: imgur_reaction.gif (684KB, 500x531px) Image search: [Google]
imgur_reaction.gif
684KB, 500x531px
With Wonder Woman succeeding as it is, you can bet your ass that if they continue with the Avatar franchise in the movies, they'll skip the Aang storyline and go straight with Korra's.
>>
Uh... why would they? Korra flopped so hard they didn't finish it on TV. The movie was a panned flop. There aren't going to be any more adaptions. They will make comics, because comics are cheap AF, and they will tell you the comics are canon unless they decide to do a reboot 15 years down the road.
>>
File: lok147.jpg (14KB, 333x207px) Image search: [Google]
lok147.jpg
14KB, 333x207px
But probably, like Firefly or Space 1999, it is a dead franchise.
>>
>>93520150
because all women are the same as all women, right?
>>
File: niceheadcanon.png (62KB, 200x192px)
niceheadcanon.png
62KB, 200x192px
>>93520199
>Korra flopped so hard
>>
>>93520150
no if they do they will start with aang first there is no reason to start with korra
>>
>>93520150
Maybe if they get someone other than Shyamalan it would turn out okay. He wrote and directed that turd, so the blame falls squarely on his shoulders.
>>
>>93520199
Look what they did to Captain Marvel, the movie will be about Carol they will erase Mar-vell(the original one) from history
>>
>>93522123
didnt know you watched the movie how is it
>>
>>93522040

I guess among internet-dwelling fans of kung fu lesbians it was a smash hit.
>>
>Avatar TLA was great
>Movie adaptation was shit

>Korra was shit
>Movie adaptation will be great?
>>
>>93522160

yea they leaked some episodes then they just took it off because they made more money on it online idiot take your asshurt and go
>>
The hell they will. M Nite has tainted the movie portion of the brand, not to mention Korra had mixed reactions. The only fallout I want from the Wonder Woman movie is a cartoon
>>
>>93522184
>Korra was shit
things guys only on /co/ thinks
>>
>>93522040
>Literally did so badly they stopped airing it on TV and only aired the episodes on the website

Anon pls
>>
>>93522228
this>>93522204
>>
>>93522222
>Implying the opinions of faggots else where matter.
>>
>>93522222
>E;R.mov
>>
>>93522266
>>93522269

wow how asshurt are you idiots get out of your /co/ bubble
>>
>>93522204

I don't know what you're trying to say by "leaked some episodes." LoK started strong because it was the sequel to a beloved series and Nick hyped the hell out of it. It then bled viewers continuously for the entirety of its run. It had (has) a bedrock fanbase who insist it's the greatest thing since sliced bologna, so it was at least able to finish out its story on the internet with a vastly reduced budget, but compared to what was hoped it was a huge disappointment.
>>
File: 1480511454640.jpg (133KB, 800x1143px)
1480511454640.jpg
133KB, 800x1143px
>>93522360
guy the show didnt do as bad as you wanted to get over it
>>
>>93522160
>>93522040
>>93520199
I hate that stupid-ass argument. I will tell you a secret about unsuccesful flop shows.

They don't get four seasons. They get cancelled after the first one.

A single episode of a fully traditionally 2D animated show costs about 100 thousand dollars to make. Korra had full 52 episodes made. Total budget of Korra was somewhere close to 5 millions, most likely.

You don't spend this kind of money on an unsuccesful show. That's idiotic. Not only that, but Nick DID play it safe originally - they only commissioned one season of Korra, that's the reason for weirdly disjointed storytelling. If it was actually unsuccesful, they would've cut their losses and called it a show after first season.
And if the show was succesful at first and had a major drop in viewership later, then the show would be retooled by getting new showrunners - like what happened to both first TMNT cartoons, with "Red Sky" seasons in the 80s one and "Back to the Sewers" season in the 2000 one.

Noone would spend millions of dollars on an unsuccesful show. And this chart is fucking dumb, because it doesn't include online viewers - the fact that they moved it online means that it was most popular online - but it was still profitable there.

For gods sake, it had a fucking video game made, by Platinum Studios! Does this sound like a dead show to you? Do you seriously think anyone would spend money for a license for an unpopular show?

The real money in a TV show is not in broadcast, the real money is in licensing and merchandising. It doesn't matter if fans are watching your cartoons on kisscartoon or wherever - question is, are they gonna buy the Legend of Korra videogames, Legend of Korra dvd boxsets, and the fucking Legend of Korra lunchboxes ? And the answer here, clearly, was yes, or we wouldn't get FOUR SEASONS OF IT.
>>
>>93522437
this made me thunk
>>
>>93522437
hay man they dont give a shit they just want to shit on the show because something they didn't like happens they have been doing it for years
>>
>>
>>93522150
The director already said that Carol will be the Original" captain marvel of MCU
>>
>>93522222
We don't care about reddit opinions
>>
>>93522714
its like you think they cant have both of them in the same movie
>>
>>93522437

It lost out on the airwaves and was allowed to continue on the internet with a reduced budget because it had a hardcore fanbase on the internet.... that's what I said. It may not have lost the network money overall but you still need to do better than that to continue on as a movie or TV show.

At least there's the comics?
>>
File: MY SIDES.gif (393KB, 540x310px) Image search: [Google]
MY SIDES.gif
393KB, 540x310px
>>93522742
b-b-b-b-b-but reddit
every time
>>
>>93522747
Unless the movie contradict his statements he can't be the original captain marvel so...
>>
>>93522778
>not wanting spam =/= caring about opinions
>>
>>93522836
what if he saves her in the move they team up the big bad comes around they fight him he gets killed then she takes the name to make him proud
>>
>>93522759
>Reduced budgets
See, you say this, but budget clearly wasn't reduced by THAT much. You know what a show with a low budget looks like? It looks like Teen Titans Go, or My Little Pony, or like TMNT Back To The Sewers with simplified artstyle, new seasons of The Simpsons, Berserk or Beware the Batman with stiff animation.

Sure, animation in later Korra seasons maybe is not as spectacular with stuff like 2D and 3D mixing with mecha tanks, but it still has the same anatomically correct artstyle that cuts little corners, and is still an action show with focus on spectacular fight scenes, and there is relatively little freeze frames, stock footage or reused animation - so clearly, even if budget was reduced, it wasn't reduced by THAT much, even reduced this still wasn't a low-budget show.

Also "allowed to continue on the internet" is not a thing that happens or exists. Name ONE other show where this happens. Remember where they 'allowed' Motorcity to continue with a reduced budget online? Symbionic Titan?Young Justice? Megas XLR? Any other 'cult classic' show that wasn't profitable? Oh wait, that is NOT A THING THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS.

Animation is expensive, animation studios and tv networks are businesses run by businessmen, they don't do things out of some good heart, they do it for money. If it was "allowed to continue on the internet" that was because there was money in it.

My bet is that someone at Nick noticed that tv viewers of LoK are dying, but merchandise and licensed products sales are largely unaffected - so someone put together two and two that the show is a huge sensation online, but noone watches it on tv. So they moved it to the internet where it can still promote the merch -but without clogging the good airtime on tv where noone watched it anyway, which could be better spend on a show better suited for kids - a win-win situation.
>>
>>93523056

Fair enough. But I still don't see Avatar as a Batman or a Ninja Turtles. You're not gonna get a new iteration rolling out every five years. Maybe, if people are still talking about it like 15 years down the line, they'll try a reboot? But as it is another movie is just nah.
>>
>>93520150

Avatar is comics only now they wont waste money on it otherwise. Also they already raped movie possibilities with that unmentionable thing.
>>
ITT: MRA makes up something to be oppressed about.

Damned SJWs.
>>
>>93522437
This is the first time I see an anon win an argument
>>
File: 1468497523566.jpg (514KB, 1278x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1468497523566.jpg
514KB, 1278x1200px
If the Korra comics do well, then it could lead to something else being done with the Avatar franchise.

Could it be a video game? Another series focusing on Korra? More comics? Or god forbid another movie?

It's too early to tell at this point, but with the comic's release date coming closer and closer we might get an answer to that question.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.