[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw no live action adaption of The Ultimated that is a satire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: The_Ultimates_13.jpg (76KB, 318x501px) Image search: [Google]
The_Ultimates_13.jpg
76KB, 318x501px
>tfw no live action adaption of The Ultimated that is a satire of Bush administration America
>>
>>93519232
It should be directed by Zack Snyder
>>
>>93519301
You might actually be on to something, anon.
>>
File: 1498662403769.jpg (31KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1498662403769.jpg
31KB, 512x384px
>>93519301
>kinofags
>>
Because it's poorly written and terribly one dimensional
>>
>>93520651
No shit anon, it's a Millar book. But Ultimates is loved because of how over-the-top it is. Millar is akin to James Cameron: both have big ideas that get tossed up by all the big action shit.
>>
>>93520902
Except James Cameron's ideas tend to have heart and work. Except Avatar
>>
>>93520937
If Millar were less of an edgelord he might be able to improve his writing quite a bit
>>
>>93520937
Millar is Grant Morrison without the self-restraint
>>
>>93519232
Marvel would never do this becayse they've built a brand, OP.
Marvel is recogbized by audiences as being fun lighthearted family entertainment. Ultimates is a comic that happens to be very rough around the edges. And this isn't a case like Fox and Logan. Disney is tightly close with the Marvel studios brand to normies. And the highly political content along with the asshole personalities of the team. The film does not lend itself to fucking toys or merchandise compared to MCU films.
>>
>>93522791
>implying the faggots at modern cuck marvel would ever allow Ultimates to ever come to the silver screen let alone be reprinted
>>
>>93519232
How has the MCU gone this long without a scene where Hulk tries to kill Captain America while screaming HULK NOT GAY
>>
>>93519301
>panel for panel recreation of Ultimates with a handful of unnecessary changes, shoe-horned religious imagery, and constant ramping in the fight scenes
Not a bad idea, твн fαm.
>>
>>93523343
You can squeeze all the religious stuff out of lunatic asylum patient thor
>>
>>93522389
fuck off
>>
>>93524027
Perfect!
>>
>>93522389
you mean with talent
>>
>>93524142
Both
>>
>>93520522
>>93519333
I'm serious. Putting Zack Snyder on an adaptation of Millar's Ultimates is fitting.
>>
>>93519232
Man this is one of those books that really shows that Millar can be good if he is restrained. Honestly I loved this and the follow up. it pains me that so many of the movies ape the look of the ultimate universe but ignore the interesting and provocative bits. Also purists may bitch but the Gah-lak-tus saga was great.
>>
>>93527006
Justify it
>>
>>93520651

It's mean to be a widescreen blockbuster movie done as a comic, duh.
>>
>>93519232
>a satire of Bush administration
Why? It's too old for people to care about from a social standpoint, and not old enough for people to analyze from a historical standpoint.
>>
>>93519232
No one remembers Bush. To the normal day for most, only Obama and Trump are remembered, unless something happens and someone brings up Nixon or Reagan
>>
>>93527444
>>93527513
But someone could make an Ultimates film like Watchmen that takes place in 2002/2003. You'd need someone who wouldn't just make it a MUH 9/11 period piece
>>
>>93522389
I've always thought of him as Morrison without the follow-through.
>>
>>93527665
He has a very tarintino like attitude. Millar gets all energetic about his idea and burns out midway through writing it
>>
>>93527682
yep, pretty much how I've always seen his work. He has a few exceptions though. Starlight took me by surprise.
>>
>>93527697
It still amazes me to know that Millar is a devout catholic. Considering his edgelord writing you'd think he'd be a fedora-tipping atheist
>>
>>93527513
>No one remembers Bush

Is that why people are going "man, I'd even take a third W. term over this current shit parade" all the time now?
>>
File: ultimate jean 01.jpg (186KB, 700x1064px) Image search: [Google]
ultimate jean 01.jpg
186KB, 700x1064px
outside of the first few books of ultimate spiderman, i cant think of a single redeeming factor of any of the ultimates books

they are all just godawful 3edgy5me crap
>>
>>93528190
The ASM franchise tried to go ultimate but fucked it up horribly.
At least the X-men films are the only thing to not take from the Ultimate line
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.