[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo7 gUFaQZEg >>That V

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo7gUFaQZEg

>>That Vulture fight where Vulture just stays in the same place.
>>That wonky CGI as Vulture comes towards the camera.
>>The rapid as shit cutting during the monument stuff

I'm worried.
>>
More clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MnPSJwvBQE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHMaJGUhAA8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6v8VqkxFWs
>>
I hope those clips were just edited weird for the sake of youtube, because that 2nd clip looked awful.
>>
>anti taser webbing
>all this iron man tech

Holy shit it really is Iron Man 4
>>
>>93518281
>>That Keaton face for the thumbnail on the second clip.

I'm laughing.
>>
>>93518281
>Vulture is mocking the Shocker

REEEEEE
>>
>Everybody thought the dog of summer was going to be Wonder Woman
>Turns out it's Spider-Man: Homecoming.
>>
>>93518213
This looks edited so its probably a longer fight
>>93518306
Part of the point of the movie, and I believe spoilers even said this, is that all the gadgets end up more trouble than they're worth which makes Peter realize he doesnt need all this shit from Stark
>>
>>93518283
>I hope those clips were just edited weird for the sake of youtube, because that 2nd clip looked awful.
I'm really concerned, cause that's really some choppy editing. Especially when you realize that Spidey sliding into the room and ricocheting the web off the one panel is all in the same motion. That's REALLY concerning.
>>
File: Don't do it, Peter.jpg (445KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Don't do it, Peter.jpg
445KB, 1600x1066px
>That lip bite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUZhLBxRlJg

Leaker anon wasn't kidding about the incest vibes.
>>
>>93518213
Vulture is tethered by Spidey's webs. He tries to fly away but keeps getting webbed in place by Spidey.
>>
>>93518399
Most of the tv spots and trailers have had terrible editing of the same exact scenes over and over that they kinda mash them up now.

>>93518379
Yep they do. I think they interfere with his first fight.
>>
>>93518487
>>He Larves You

???
>>
>>93518955
Larb.

Did you watch the whole clip?
>>
File: Don't mock The Shocker.png (2MB, 1464x1339px) Image search: [Google]
Don't mock The Shocker.png
2MB, 1464x1339px
>>93518347

REEEEE
>>
>The Shocker
>Shocks people

BUT THAT'S WRONG
>>
>>93518213
Why does he have afraid of hights when he didn't on Civil War?
>>
>>93519478
He never went that high in "Civil War".
>>
If it fails we still have the video game
>>
File: Base Randolph.png (76KB, 625x299px) Image search: [Google]
Base Randolph.png
76KB, 625x299px
>all these people thinking it'll be bad
won't go below 95%
>>
>>93519655
I know, reviewers and Spider-Fags will love it.

But looking at the footage and hearing the spoilers...I think it's just Spider-Fags getting overly excited for a mundane film. Like Fury Road.
>>
File: DDbWzDHXoAApkKy.jpg (96KB, 640x674px) Image search: [Google]
DDbWzDHXoAApkKy.jpg
96KB, 640x674px
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>93519858

They're not wrong. Peter should have been black or Latino though, having a white guy in the cast really brings down the diversity a lot.
>>
>>93519858
Peter Parker was from Forest Hills, Queens. 60% white. He went to school in Manhattan. 59% white.
>>
>>93518281
That Keaton scene is literally this.

https://youtu.be/VAh7ZGHEp-c?t=31

0:32
>>
>>93519858
>dude we're not tokens lmao
>proceeds to justify tokenism
>>
>>93519744
As a life long spidey fan I can guarantee you it'll take a lot for me to dislike the film. We have no good spidey cartoons, the same man has been writing his main book at marvel for 6+ years, ASM2 was awful, and we haven't had a decent video game since edge of time. Most of us are desperate for something spider-man related that's enjoyable. At least Superman fans have a good comic to go to and X-fags have...will X-fags have nothing either
>>
>>93520160
This. We've come to a point where just a simple Spiderman adventure becomes an heavenly gift, i just need it not to be fucking stupid. We can debate all day about which movie portrayal was more accurate, despite any of that the TASM movies were flawed in too many ways, which cemented the feel that being a Spider-Man fan is for suffering these last years
>>
>>93518281
Holy shit. My friend has been saying for the past few months that he's in Spider-Man Homecoming and he's "in" the lame party clip.

good buddy of mine is the dude doing the "D-D-D-D-DJ Flash" drop.

First time I ever seen this, I thought he was just going to be an extra or something because he wouldn't give me any details. This is cool!
>>
>>93520160
X-Fags don't know what they want
>>
>>93520454
>good buddy of mine is the dude doing the "D-D-D-D-DJ Flash" drop.

You mean... Tony Revolori?
>>
>>93520160
>As a life long spidey fan
How can you still live like this, anon? There is currently no good Spider-Man media being published or produced. You said it yourself. And it's been that way for close to a decade now.

How do you stay a fan of a character that's in the creative gutter?
>>
>>93519919
what was uni
>>
>>93520833
I can't turn my back on a character that has influenced me since I was a kid anon. At least we have hope with the movie and game.
>>
>>93520477
X-fags are the batterred housewives of the comic industry. Spider-fags have it bad but at least we're not x-men fans
>>
What words should i put into the filter for tomorrow?
>>
>>93520833
The shitty new stories didn't erase the good ones.
>>
>>93518487
Do it!
>>
>>93519858
It looks like she is the only one of the cast still in the denial
>>
>>93520991
I thought those were Fantastic Four Fags?
>>
>>93522076
>>93520991
>>93520160
People, please.

You're all suffering.
>>
>>93519744
I'm a Spiderfag and this looks fucking obnoxious.
>>
>>93522076
Are they really tho? They had a pretty good Hickman run and Secret Wars was at its heart a reed richards story. They're having a rough patch but I wouldn't call it suffering
>>
>>93520748
No it's my friend's VOICE doing the DJ Flash name drop over the speaker.
>>
Imagine the damage this will do to Spiderman canon if it's acclaimed and Marvel goes S Y N E R G Y
No worse than usual for the past decade though
>>
>>93518213
>>93518281
why do they release so many clips these days? what's the point in even fucking seeing when they've shown half of it before release?
>>
>>93524230
>a pretty good Hickman run
Why does everyone dickride this trash? Hickman is abysmal.
>>
https://www.instagram.com/p/BV6GSxFA9z4/

This guy says that Spider-Man homecoming is the BvS of the MCU
>>
>>93519858
What makes me angry is that this film pretty much stole from Miles' story. I dunno how they are going to place him in the MCU without normies saying it ripped off Peter's story in homecoming.
>>
>>93524539
So I'll have to wait for the Homecoming Ultimate Edition for a good movie
>>
>>93524597
Isn't it obvious? Miles will be a supporting character in Peter's films. Like, it's glaring that's what they are going to do.
>>
>>93524539
...you know, seeing a reviewer come out and say it does make me feel better.
>>
>>93524336
Lay it on me, anon. Give me the worst case scenario that comes from putting 616 Peter back in high school and reintroducing his supporting cast.
>>
>>93524704
Except how is that going to work when Miles cant be Spider Man and is probably in elementary school right now? Id rather get Prowler
>>
>>93524772
I remember some jackass on Youtube saying they should reboot the entire Marvel Universe and make Peter and Miles classmates.
>>
>>93524795
>make Peter and Miles classmates.
Why? To drive home the fact that aside from being black Spider-man, Miles is just Peter with less bravado and more insecurity?
>>
>>93524792
Well...in the film, Donald Glover mentions that he wants the streets safe for his nephew, and Fiege confirmed that Miles is in the MCU.

What's likely to happen is that later down the line, after a trilogy in high school and Peter some ways in college, he'll run into Miles, and they become a hero/sidekick thing to keep the franchise running. Miles wont' get his own films cause every kid only likes Peter Spider-Man.
>>
File: splibermeng.jpg (66KB, 304x286px) Image search: [Google]
splibermeng.jpg
66KB, 304x286px
>>
>>93524826
Because everyone likes to believe that Miles is the biggest thing to happen to Spider-Man since Venom.
>>
>>93524889
But if you strip Miles of the powers, costume, and central position of the story, what's he left with?

Besides his skin color I mean.
>>
>>93524929
RACIST!
>>
why can't any of these fucks make a good fucking spiderman film

they keep trying to introduce other bullshit like MUH PARENTS and MUH TONY

but spiderman is about not about that. its about being a hero with problems on the side. how hard is that to get it right
>>
>>93524827
Well a silver lining to this is Miles getting a new name and making Bendis fucking butthurt I suppose. My vote either goes to Kid Arachnid or Anansi
>>93524889
And people think "Miles is popular" isnt propaganda
>>93524929
We go through this EVERY Miles thread anon
>>
>>93524953
And you got that, for the first two films. But unfortunately, you can't just recapture that same magic again because we've been oversaturated with Spider-Man through the 2000's. It would be like the MCU getting the X-Men back. Do you start the film introducing Wolverine, the X-Men, and they fight Magneto?
>>
>>93524973
As much of a cuck as he is, Moviebob had a pretty good idea about bringing back McGuire and canonizing the original Spider-man trilogy as taking place within the Marvel Universe to fight reboot fatigue.
>>
File: 1490922303484.jpg (68KB, 824x464px) Image search: [Google]
1490922303484.jpg
68KB, 824x464px
Bring back Raimi and Tobey, please https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCB-balUBu8
>>
As someone who's a huge spider-fag, I'm pretty sure I'm going to hate this movie.

Normies are going to eat it up, absolutely. I imagine the action scenes are going to be pretty great.

But I hate what I'm seeing, especially for Peter's supporting cast.

I have a friend who just got back from an early screening, believe more or not, I don't give a shit.
Spoilers obviously
Shocker never wears a mask
Peter puts back the normal suit Civil War suit on in the end
Michelle is MJ (she says "just call me MJ" when a teacher calls her Michelle)
Flash is never called Eugene and is just a rich douche, and he apparently isn't even super into spider-man any more than a normal person
Another villain is teased for one of the post credit scenes, but I didn't want to know who
>>
>>93525204
Hi Symbio
>>
>>93525204
We know, bro.
>>
>>93525204
it's michael mando
>>
File: 1360287146930.jpg (23KB, 232x197px) Image search: [Google]
1360287146930.jpg
23KB, 232x197px
>>93518213
This movie feels like Monkey's Paw for getting Spidey in the MCU
>>
>>93518213
So they did their best to make a good Spider Man movie but are lacking in the charm and style Sam Raimi brought to the franchise, is my guess.

Spider Man 2 still the best capeshit movie ever made
>>
Me: a massive spider-fag
me: nothing but pain and suffering for the last 10 years
Spider-Man Homecoming: a shit movie with little to offer that bastardizes spidey in a purposeless manner
>>
>>93518306
******Iron Man 7
>>
>>93524271
kek, that's pretty awesome.
>>
>>93519744
>Spider-Fags will love it.
lol, nope
>>
>>93518213
>Spider-Man has an AI like Jarvis

what the fuck is this
>>
>>93518281
It's a real shame, Tom Holland seems like a nice guy and a great fit for the role but the movie looks SO fucking shitty. If only it had competent execs and script writers...
>>
>>93520160
>no good spidey cartoons
And that was when you outed yourself as a false flagger.
>>
>>93525857
Sony it's Sony nothing will change while Sony still has control over Spider-Man movies
>>
>>93518376
I dunno, all the WW clips looked like ass but somehow it managed to be good

Maybe Homecoming can still turn it around, but I kind of doubt "trailer sucked but movie was good" lightning is going to strike twice in a row like this.
>>
>>93525939
I'm assuming he meant since Spectacular Spider-Man and that's a long gap since that ended
>>
>>93518213
>Elevator falling
>Catches it
>Everyone neck snap
>Gwen 2.0
>>
>>93518306
He actually drops it all and Tony takes the suit anyways
He realizes he doesn't need it in the first place
Also chances are Osborn corps is gonna wreck Tony's shit leading up to infinity war
>>
>>93520160
>No good Spidey cartoons
Or maybe you're just an obnoxious little whiny unsatisfied cunt because we got spectacular Spiderman's and that was amazing
>>
>>93519858
It's New York
No shit it's going to be a lot of colored people
I don't understand the joke here you dumb faggot
If it we're an actual token of color person it'd be the black guy who always yells WOO after everything, or the snappy black girl, the sassy Mexican
>>
>>93526740
So exactly what they're going to be in the movie
>>
>>93526724
>>93525939
He's obviously talking about the current state of Spider-Man, not what it was like a decade ago. You're a fucking idiot if you believe Marvel's current Spider-Man cartoons are good.
>>
>>93526749
There's no snappy black girl, no WOO black guy, no sassy Mexican, no 'partly' I am perfectly normal and must keep referencing me as such to remind you im Asian' Asian person
It's only shoehorned diversity and shit if they make it the main basis, like the marvel comics are doing where every two seconds someone HAS to say
OH AND BY THE WAY I HAVE A VAGINA
OH AND BY THE WAY IM BLACK
the point isn't they're race
They're just there
It's like black panther
He's black
But that's not the fucking point anyways
>>
>>93525193
FUCK OFF
YOURE EXACTLY LIKE THE DARK KNIGHT FAGS BITCHING ABOUT NOLAN
ITS DONE
ITS OVER
DIFFERENT ERA
FUCK OFF
>>
>>93518213
I desperately want to enjoy this movie, I really do, but all this /co/ salt is leaving a bad taste in my mouth and even if I do enjoy it I won't as much due to all the incessant bitching here
>>
>>93526803

>I desperately want to enjoy this movie, I really do, but all this /co/ salt is leaving a bad taste in my mouth and even if I do enjoy it I won't as much due to all the incessant bitching here

There's been some pretty darn good early word-of-mouth even from people who are bored by the MCU machine.
>>
>>93526771
No, that IS the point, and that's what they're going to hammer into us throughout the whole movie and what they're going to REALLY DRIVE IN during Black Panther when it comes out.
>>
>>93525857
It's gone by the end
He drops the suit and Tony after he realizes he doesn't need it to be spodermin
>>93526827
Read the rest of the thread to see what in talking about
Even if it is good, and someone says it is, they're labeled as shills because you have to be an edgy contrarian for every viewpoint here
>>
>>93526830
Okay.
Sure.
You can keep saying that, but black panther has always been black and from wakanda
They aren't shoehorning fucking shit
And the whole WE WUZ thing?
Doesn't apply to wakanda because the rest of Africa is still a shithole
It had nothing to do with WHITEY DID THE OPPRESS
wakanda was just better
>>
>>93525529
>Still don't have Venom or Black Cat

Serves you right faggo. We warned you.
>>
>>93526302
>Marvel had full creative control
>Still blaming Sony

Can't just admit Marvel dun fucked up. Kek.
>>
>>93519858
Queens is the most densely Jewish populated area in the country
>>
In the elevator scene, how does the web bounce and keep heading towards the elevator car? It gets stuck to the torn off bit.
>>
File: IMG_20170629_100627.jpg (55KB, 600x418px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170629_100627.jpg
55KB, 600x418px
Zendaya is Vulture's daughter confirmed
>>
>>93520477
X-fags wanted cyclops to not have the most pathetic death in comics history and then labeled mutant hitler and for beast not to be a nazi sympathizer.
>>
>>93524954
It would be Kid Arachnid - that's what he's already called in plenty of merchandise
>>
>>93525877
Should have had the Russo Brothers handle it.

But they can't do every movie for Marvel.
>>
>>93524230
>Secret Wars was at its heart a reed richards story

Yes, a story about an insufferably arrogant villain realising his limitations, and reaching an epiphany after clashing with a grizzled anti-hero forced to confront his personal demons

Richards is the villain and Doom is the anti-hero, if that was at all unclear
>>
>>93519744
I am a Spider-Fag. If shit's bad it's bad, I watched Amazing Spider-man twice to convince myself it wasn't shit, second time either re-affirmed me, either made me realize I am jaded because apparently it has fucking fans. Those movies are so fucking bad, holy shit
>>
>>93519858
I like Holland's face in the last panel. It says everything.
>>
>>93522076
I thought they were dead?
>>
>>93527202
Why is Michael Keaton dressed like he's doing "how do you do, fellow kids?".
>>
>>93518487
She actually reminds me of my own aunt.
>>
>>93524340
It's for little kids browsing youtube. It'll be recommended when they're watching all those elsa x spiderman vids. Kids don't care about spoilers.
>>
>>93518281
Jesus, this looks like shit. But of course, it'll get high ratings and we'll have an influx of people saying that it's so much better and more faithful to the comics than Raimi's films.

So many things to do with Spider-Man, and this is what they go with.
>>
>>93518379
That's such a dumb fucking theme though. Why the fuck is IRON MAN a plot point in a god damn SPIDER-MAN movie? Tony wasn't relevant to Peter's life whatsoever until 2006.

Also
>Finally use Vulture
>Get solid casting choice
>Has talons, bladed wings, super strength, and flight
>HURR HE SHOOTS LASERS

Fucking great.
>>
>>93519744
I'm a Spider-Fag, and it looks bad.

Also Fury Road was really good.
>>
>>93520160
>No good Spidey cartoons

Spectacular was incredible, you mung.
>>
>>93520833
I hide myself in older stories. There's always something I haven't read.

I'm trying to find collections of Marvel Adventures, but Marvel fucked it over when it came to TPBs. Literally the best alternate universe.
>>
>>93525363
Scorpion! Played by based Mando. Holy shit.
>>
File: 4488683.gif (426KB, 500x255px) Image search: [Google]
4488683.gif
426KB, 500x255px
>>93518213
>Oh this looks like a good movie
>Tfw, everybody in 4chan hates it.
>Reeeee color people
>Too many changes.

I can't have fun with a film.
>>
>>93529134
I'm not judging you for liking what you see but there are other reasons to criticize the movie than what you said.
>>
>>93529134
If the retards here hate it then you know it's gonna be great so why be upset?
>>
>>93529153

I just complaining because i am complaining.
>>
>>93529134
>Hurr people hate it cuz race

I don't give a crap about race, I care that it looks awful. It's one gigantic Iron Man/Avengers shove-in with character replacements that bring nothing but vapid humor to the table. The fight scenes don't even look impressive enough to look over that, because god forbid anyone hits each other in a fucking fight.
>>
>>93529223
To be fair. Black MJ is the sole reason I'm not going.

Poo en la Playa Flash also did it for me.

So, while it may not be about race to you it is partially to me. Had they shown any semblance of giving a fuck about Spider-Man besides the casting it might have changed my mind. But when the big leak is that Liz Allen is related to Vulture and that Zendaya is in fact MJ (not Mary Jane), it pretty much proved theres no redeeming quality to this.
>>
>>93529021
>>93526724
>>93525939
Calm down anons I meant in the current moment. Spectacular was amazing but it's been dead for a while now
>>
File: Ultra Finger.jpg (32KB, 408x321px) Image search: [Google]
Ultra Finger.jpg
32KB, 408x321px
>>93519858
No Chinks? Fuck you
>>
>>93529481
>Black MJ
has there been a legit source for this yet?
>>
>>93524434
I'm just saying what I heard. I haven't actually read past the first arc of that run. I've never heard many people complain about hickmans FF run
>>
>>93527202
>Aw shet she's my what?
>>
File: 1498742922613.jpg (149KB, 744x613px) Image search: [Google]
1498742922613.jpg
149KB, 744x613px
>Its a /co/ is wrong episode

Can't wait for Coco to BTFO this board too!
>>
>>93529613
the absence of a legit denial. And he obsession of official comments on it to be "WE TOLD YOU SHE'S NOT MARY JANE" even when the questions is specifically "is she MJ or what are her initials?"
>>
File: 160624122413371639.png (259KB, 268x352px) Image search: [Google]
160624122413371639.png
259KB, 268x352px
>>93529593
Are you fucking blind? Ned's right there. Also check the imdb for once.
>>
>>93529593
Weren't you in that one Wonder Woman thread posting the same exact thing?
>>
>>93529000
Because we have to connect this fucking universe, thats the monkeys paw we got. Fortunately though, Stark is used very sparingly in this movie
>>
>>93529637
I don't really give a fuck one way or another but I find it a bit interesting that the word "fun" appears in almost every tagline for the reviews.

Hollywood Reporter kid gave a pretty good run down from the view of a cynic. I say that not because it's the one rotten but more because it's the only one that had any specific problems with it. The rest just listed "superhero fatigue" or "the inherent problems with comic book movies".
>>
File: Woah there.png (99KB, 157x519px) Image search: [Google]
Woah there.png
99KB, 157x519px
>>93529741
>I listen to rotten reviews because they agree with me
>>
>>93529741

>I don't really give a fuck one way or another but I find it a bit interesting that the word "fun" appears in almost every tagline for the reviews.

Because despite 4chan's obsession with discrediting a basic noun out of some bizarre elitism, fun is a common word used by a majority of the English-speaking population to describe things.
>>
>>93529741
>>93529637
Specifically look at this line from a positive review:

>After years of super-sized superhero flicks, it's a refreshingly manageable plot.

Not only is that not applicable to the single film he's supposed to be reviewing, it's flat out wrong. Ant-Man was as low stakes as it gets.

And this is the problem with reviews. People rating movies in comparison to other movies on the basis of "fun".

Reviewers are supposed to review, not compare.
>>
>>93529741
>Comedy/action cape movie
>Word "fun" shouldn't be allowed
>>
>>93529741
wow it's almost like people LIKE fun

I know it's a hard concept for you DC retards to grasp
>>
>>93529776
Some reviews are specifically comparing it to Ant-man, you're agreeing with them
>>
>>93529774
But fun = good. And it definitely shouldn't factor in to a professional review. Theres no problem with bloggers using base-level "metrics" in their wholly subjective posts. But professional reviewers should focus on intent, execution and actual technique.

>>93529769
Pretty much the opposite of what I said faggot.

Specifically "I don't really give a fuck either way"
>>
>>93529776

>Reviewers are supposed to review, not compare.

Says who? This is more /v/ bullshit where people make up the rules of what critics do, and even if they do those they're still discredited because then a half-dozen more rules suddenly appear out of nowhere.

>>93529809

>Theres no problem with bloggers using base-level "metrics" in their wholly subjective posts

Reviews are wholly subjective. They're literally just informed opinions.

The version of criticism you're arguing for is

>the shots were in focus and we never saw any boom mics 10/10
>>
>>93529637
I had no doubt that it would get a positive response. I used to think that the "paying critics off" thing was just paranoia, but I honestly don't think so anymore.
>>
>>93529835
>Reviews are wholly subjective.

This isn't up for fucking debate. No they are not. Only a twelve year old, with no memory of a normal media, would believe such a fallacy.
>>
>>93529949

>Only a twelve year old, with no memory of a normal media, would believe such a fallacy

Have fun telling every working critic outside of human memes like Armond White that.
>>
>>93529969
I have intention of doing so.

But just because Traveling isn't called in the NBA doesn't mean it isn't the rule.
>>
>>93529997

Objective criticism is the Wikipedia plot summery and explaining whether or not the film stock caught on fire in the theatre.

The moment you start arguing the qualities of soemthign is the moment it becomes, by any reasonable definition, opinion.
>>
>spider-man
>needing momentum to break glass
So they're just straight up nerfing him into the fucking ground, huh?
>>
>>93529637
The kid who looks like Mexican Alfred E. Neuman?
>>
>>93530049
>I don't know anything about film besides that they are shown in theaters.

Look just because you're a child who doesn't believe in objectivity doesn't mean you're right. Bloggers ruined all media, reviews as much as news. Both are supposed to be devoid of voice and bias. Neither are.

Really have no further to go here because we disagree on very basic levels.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqTZAfkDFQE

Stuckmann seems to confirm some fears, like action scenes are somewhat confusing, and they make changes to the lore. He gave it a B.
>>
>>93519858
My god the fat kid can play Fisk Jr.
>>
>/co/ thought WW would suck
>/co/ thought Spidey would suck
/co/ is literally the worst board for predictions and theories
>>
>>93530108

> Bloggers ruined all media, reviews as much as news. Both are supposed to be devoid of voice and bias. Neither are.

That's absurd, that hasn't been true since Ebert started writing in the 60's.

You can't review something devoid of of bias, it informs your opinions by default. The best you can do is mention your bias in the context of the review.
>>
>>93530187
Which is why Ebert was a meme before he died (likely before you were born, kiddo). No critics respected the guy. He was on TV with siskel making himself the name instead of his reviews.
>>
>>93529776
>Ant-Man was as low stakes as it gets.
Ant-Man was Iron Man 1+Hydra+Generic "One last job" thief film with bonus child support subplot+Civil Kerfuffle
>>
>>93530128
fuck him
>>
>>93530214
Different anon. What exactly would an objective review look like for a movie? What points would be made?
>>
>>93530143
The ending of WW does suck though
>>
>>93530128
>he'd just have to run
I just had a horrific realization that there are no skyscrapers in DC.
>>
>>93530310
It'd draw no conclusions and have no evaluations, just present what happens in the movie mechanically.

Take note, that that's for an objective review, not for an omniscient review. In the case of the former, while you present the elements of the movie, it's possible -and ok- to miss stuff.
>>
>>93530310
Technique assessment. Intent compared to execution. Skill in acting. Plot. Maybe, but not necessarily, originality. If applicable, the quality of an adaptation (which requires reading or viewing the source and understanding it's intents and purposes.)

Film review, especially with adaptations, isn't just seeing a movie and saying "it's fun" or "it's not fun." It requires research and understanding.

A critic reviewing a CBM, as silly as it seems, should 100 percent have read what it's supposed to be adapting. And they should read it thoroughly and be able to quote.

And that's not to say CBMs have to adapt costumes, characters and everything 1:1. That's the stuff you see without reading the source. it's supposed to compare the intent of the source and if that was faithfully presented.
>>
>>93530416
This was me >>93530416 , this >>93530409 was some asshole undermining me.
>>
>>93530214

>Which is why Ebert was a meme before he died

I feel like I'm arguing with Austin Powers in the blackjack scene.

I didn't agree with Ebert a lot of the time, but he helped shape criticism from dry academic text into something with a personality that people would actually want to read.

>>93530416

>A critic reviewing a CBM, as silly as it seems, should 100 percent have read what it's supposed to be adapting. And they should read it thoroughly and be able to quote.

What? Fidelity to the source has nothing to do with a film's quality.
>>
>>93530437
I wasn't undermining you, I was just offering my own view on the issue.
>>
>>93530448
>I didn't agree with Ebert a lot of the time, but he helped shape criticism from dry academic text into something with a personality that people would actually want to read.

You literally just said, "he took it from objective criticism and review to subjective, voice-based entertainment."

>What? Fidelity to the source has nothing to do with a film's quality.
I honestly don't know what to say to someone who actually asserts that the source material doesn't matter to the adaptation. I honestly can't believe this is anything but bait at this point.

That's literally the entire point of an adaptation. Otherwise it isn't an adaptation. I also specifically stated it wouldn't have to be 1:1.
>>
>>93530437
Sorry but that asshole seems to be more objective than you.

>>93530416
>Technique assessment.
That's fair, but what are you assessing in the techniques?
> Intent compared to execution.
Why does intent matter at all? In an end product you judge the execution only, you don't rate anything higher or lower based off of "what it could be". Not if you were trying to be objective anyways.
>Skill in acting
That is a subjective view. In the context of the role and nuances of voice, two identically skilled actors could have wildly different approaches that could make or break a film. Some people just prefer Tom Hanks to Michael Keaton.
>Plot
What exactly are you talking about plot? Pacing, how exciting or relevant a scene is? How it was shot? These are all still subjective opinions

>Origninality
:^)

>quality of adaption.
This itself is a subjective point. I could care less how accurate an adaption is as long as a movie is good.
>>
>>93519655
Screencapped to laugh at you later

Spider-Man 2 is 94% and no way this is better
>>
>>93530517

>I honestly don't know what to say to someone who actually asserts that the source material doesn't matter to the adaptation. I honestly can't believe this is anything but bait at this point.

Because they aren't the same thing. It's utterly irreverent when talking about the qualities of a movie, it's a separate entity.

The Shining is an excellent movie and a bad adaptation. Those are independent concepts.
>>
>>93530347
yeah I have to admit that
>>
>>93530347
To me, the second the explosion caused the ringing, which they used to inject some more emotion into Steve's big moment, was the moment it went downhill.

They took like two minutes in the middle of cacophony to hug it out and talk even though she couldn't hear and was giving no response.

I thought the rest was surprisingly quite above my expectations though and I wouldn't have even gone had I expected a complete dumpster fire.
>>
>>93519744
Spider-fag here.
I fucking wish this was Fury Road.
>>
>>93519858
funny thing is Pete is the token at this point.
>>
>>93528705
It could be that, or it could be an old man so uncool it loops back around to looking like a young hipster.
>>
>>93529134
Look, I hate niggers. I hate spics. I hate pajeets. I hate a lot of fucking people. I don't want to pay money to go sit in a dark room filled with such subhumans to watch a character I love wander through such a disgusting brown city. I don't even want to do it in the comfort of my own home. Their casting choices automatically ruined the movie for me, and that's a real shame since Marvel was doing such a good job for so long.
>>
>>93530143
WW does suck though.
>>
>>93532017
God i bet no one ever invites you out anywhere.
>>
>>93528876
have you ever wanted to fuck your aunt
>>
File: 2017-06-29 18_42_16.png (18KB, 630x291px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-29 18_42_16.png
18KB, 630x291px
>>93532017
how dare they put brown people in new york
>>
>>93532054
Well the funny thing about living in a violently liberal area filled with niggers and spics is that you become very good at pretending to like people. As far as many of them know, I'm very personable and get invited out a lot. Not that I go.
>>
>>93532150
Are you seriously trying to excuse their use of niggers by saying it's realistic in a movie where people wake up some mornings finding out they can shoot fire from their hands or move cars, especially in a movie where a scrawny 15 year old kid can throw buses, climb walls, and web up working class average joes who got their hands on flight suits and super high tech plasma weaponry?
>>
>>93532181
yes
>>
>>93529641
>the absence of a legit denial.

The actress saying her name is Michelle, not MJ, in interviews isn't a "legit denial" to you?
>>
>>93532017
great now the marvel shills are going to flood the place with fake /pol/ posters so that they can direct buzzfeed and huffpo over here.
>>
>>93532291
Who are you calling fake? I do frequent /pol/. What, I can't like movies too?
>>
File: 1497752831145.png (66KB, 548x650px) Image search: [Google]
1497752831145.png
66KB, 548x650px
>>93518487
How the heck is she old enough to be my mom?

>>93528876
IKTF

>>I swear I'm going to hell
Thread posts: 185
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.